Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Plot details from stargate solutions:

Spoiler:
    Summary

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.
    Details

The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

It sounds kind of exciting in that
    Spoiler:

Shep may be forced to use his ATA gene against his will (oh how I wished for this type of scenario), and he's a prisoner, but I really don't see a lot of whump happening with the scenario.

And why the hell is the leader who interacts with Shep on an "individual basis' female??? I'm sorry, but to me that just sceams NO whump and possibly giving impressions I'd rather not think about or see.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
      Aw, man! You beat me to it! I was going to post a link to it!!!
      And I'd like to say, as someone who works on Solutions, we'd appreciate people posting a link to assure proper credit is given. Here is the link to the post: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=761

Comment

I could see shep negotiating to use that ship, since they require him to use it..

Comment

Spoiler:
          http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ndex.php?cat=9
          Summary
          Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.

Details
          The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

Guest Characters
          Larrin (Commander)
          Silas (Bridge Crew/Navigator)
          Nevik (Chief Science Officer)

Ancient Battle but different from Aurora Class??? OMG now i really cant wait till season 4 shows... Wondering if Atlantean team will get the warship might turn the tide against the Asurans and the Wraith!!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
            Spoiler:
            http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ndex.php?cat=9
            Summary

Details

Guest Characters
            Larrin (Commander)
            Silas (Bridge Crew/Navigator)
            Nevik (Chief Science Officer)

Ancient Battle but different from Aurora Class??? OMG now i really cant wait till season 4 shows... Wondering if Atlantean team will get the warship might turn the tide against the Asurans and the Wraith!!
            It does sound cool can't wait to see the ship, but with the record they have it's unlikley we will gwt to keep the ship for long, but one can only hope.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
              It does sound cool can't wait to see the ship, but with the record they have it's unlikley we will gwt to keep the ship for long, but one can only hope.
              Yea but i actually want to see it in action and for the producers to show how really powerful the ancients and there ships were...

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
                Yea but i actually want to see it in action and for the producers to show how really powerful the ancients and there ships were...
                Same here, But would be nice to keep it. I wonder if there's going to be energy weapons on this ship or has a new specky function lol.
                sigpic

Comment

This ep sounds really good! Not like a certain 'Tower' ep from a few years back! lol

WOW, a new ancient ship. Sounds pretty darn cool!

I can't wait for s4. It's looking like its going to be a really strong season!
                  sigpic
                  By *E*K*R*

Comment

Wonder how many episodes it will take to blow it up?
                    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Not many, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                        And I'd like to say, as someone who works on Solutions, we'd appreciate people posting a link to assure proper credit is given. Here is the link to the post: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=761
                        Thanks for that!
                        Travelers sounds excellent to me!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

If the "Travelers" are the new powerful race, can they be the "Grace aliens" (or Aschen, Serrakin)?

Did they find the "Tria" between the two galaxies and they have repaired the hiperdrive with their technology, but they need someone, who can fly with it?
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                            It sounds kind of exciting in that
                            Spoiler:

Shep may be forced to use his ATA gene against his will (oh how I wished for this type of scenario), and he's a prisoner, but I really don't see a lot of whump happening with the scenario.

And why the hell is the leader who interacts with Shep on an "individual basis' female??? I'm sorry, but to me that just sceams NO whump and possibly giving impressions I'd rather not think about or see.
                            Well she is one of three - maybe the other two are pure evil and she is somehow the one who feels sorry for him after many beatings and helps him to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                              Hmmm...the title 'Travelers'. Perhaps Shep is offworld and gets abducted and enslaved by....er....some nomadic space travelers or something!! Don't know!! Let the speculating begin!
                              Errrmmm... based on the recent spoilers, it looks like you made some pretty good guesses there!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                              I hope so. I like dark and angst. I have a feeling it will be dark. JM said this is an episode he's wanted to do for some time, or words to that effect, so I hope it'll be quite dark and a stand out episode. I have a feeling we won't be let down.
                              It interests me that JM said this is an episode he's wanted to do for some time.. it makes me think that he's referring to the episode focusing on
                              Spoiler:
                              the consequences of Sheppard's ATA gene - JM's not the only one who's been wanting an episode about that for a long time!

Originally posted by caty View Post
                              I wonder why the Shep whump thread seems to have taken over this thread....
                              Errmmm.... I can't think why. You wouldn't think this kind of episode would interest us at all, would you?

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Space pikeys!

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                              Can I ask you, as someone who works on Solutions, how reliable the information about this ep is? How good is your source?
                              sigpic

Comment

So am I the only the one thinking The Travelers are the new powerful ally that might not be all that trustworthy. They sound kinda like the Lucian Alliance which fits with Joe's comment that they're similar to a race in the SG-1 universe that are A-Typical of the pegasus galaxy.

To me this sounds very good, and I would like to see this sort of group as a permanent fixture, just so long as they are done better then the LA.
                                'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X