PDA

View Full Version : The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Listy
June 8th, 2007, 02:24 PM
It starts with Shep being taken by the guards and stumbling, then cuts to a big guard on a attacking stance and Shep tied to a chair and looking like he was hit by the guy, Larrin arrives at that moment and gets near Shep's chair. Then cuts to a stunner being put on Shep's gut and the camera pans up to show both kissing and pulling back, with Larrin having a grim on her face (I wonder why) and Shep doesn't move the whole scene.

Thanks for this hun, it sounds fantastic, I can't wait to see how all of this pans out. Sheppy bound and beaten that is so squee!!! :D :D :D

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM
The screencaps for the vid can be found here:

Travelers caps (http://x-erikah-x.livejournal.com/6517.html#cutid1)

Thanks, I knew I could count on the Whumpers!!!
I saw them in the Shep Whumping thread already.

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Not sure what eps all the clips are from but there are definitely clips of Sheppard and Larrin in Travelers and of Keller in Missing.

As Erika said, the Travelers clips are:

Sheppard (with hands bound behind him) being walked down a corridor in the Traveller ship with two guards behind him and stumbling at he steps through a doorway and regaining his feet and kinda turning to look at the guards.

Door into a room opening and Larrin walking in - in the foreground of the scene is the back of Sheppard's head leaning to one side, as though he's sat in a chair and has been punched at least once and a big hefty guard to one side, fist clenched, looking like he is in the process of beating Sheppard. Larrin's arrival interrupts this and she walks over to Sheppard, talking to him (no sound on any of the clips, btw - they are all played over Joe or Paul talking about the season in general).

Larrin pushing a wraith hand stunner against Sheppard's midriff and the camera panning up to find them breaking off from a kiss with Larrin looking kinda smug and saying something to Sheppard.

Oh and did I mention SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ? :D :D :D

Pegasus_SGA
June 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
It starts with Shep being taken by the guards and stumbling, then cuts to a big guard on a attacking stance and Shep tied to a chair and looking like he was hit by the guy, Larrin arrives at that moment and gets near Shep's chair. Then cuts to a stunner being put on Shep's gut and the camera pans up to show both kissing and pulling back, with Larrin having a grim on her face (I wonder why) and Shep doesn't move the whole scene.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/erikakobori/Smilies/3080emo-messbrasil.gif

Ah that makes a bit more sense now. So when Larring snogs him, Shep's presumably tied up? Hmmm Kinky :P

*muses on getting some acting classes in and moving to Canada* ;) :P :D

I have to say the ship from the pics reminds me of a really derelict russian sub type of ship, it looks kinda rusty, so I wonder how they've integrated some of the systems on a ship that looks really old?

:eek: Okay someone slap me, please. There's pix of whump and i'm talking about the kiss?

*hands in her whumping membership card*

Shep, beaten and bound and hopefully hot and sweaty... squeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Do I get it back now? :D

Rootortoise
June 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
a grin you mean :lol: i know i would be ;)
i knew as soon as i saw that clip it would have the anti kirkers out in full force again...*sigh*

if its shep kissing her.....hes probs using his charm to get away- i cant say id wanna get into a relationship with someone who kidnapped me, beat me up and took my blood by force and does who knows what else!!

Rootortoise
June 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Not sure what eps all the clips are from but there are definitely clips of Sheppard and Larrin in Travelers and of Keller in Missing.

As Erika said, the Travelers clips are:

Sheppard (with hands bound behind him) being walked down a corridor in the Traveller ship with two guards behind him and stumbling at he steps through a doorway and regaining his feet and kinda turning to look at the guards.

Door into a room opening and Larrin walking in - in the foreground of the scene is the back of Sheppard's head leaning to one side, as though he's sat in a chair and has been punched at least once and a big hefty guard to one side, fist clenched, looking like he is in the process of beating Sheppard. Larrin's arrival interrupts this and she walks over to Sheppard, talking to him (no sound on any of the clips, btw - they are all played over Joe or Paul talking about the season in general).

Larrin pushing a wraith hand stunner against Sheppard's midriff and the camera panning up to find them breaking off from a kiss with Larrin looking kinda smug and saying something to Sheppard.

Oh and did I mention SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ? :D :D :D
i tell ya we need someone who can read lips hehe....i wish we had sound on those clips!!

and erm SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Erika*
June 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not jealous over Larrin. I'm not.

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Ah that makes a bit more sense now. So when Larring snogs him, Shep's presumably tied up? Hmmm Kinky :P

I don't think he's tied up there... they are both standing up....

I like to think the kiss might be some kind of power play.. Larrin's got the stunner and can do what she likes to Shep and wants him to know it... ;)

Either that or maybe the Travelers decide their interface won't work and the only way for them to be able to control Ancient technology is to use Sheppy to give Larrin an ATA baby... ;) *waggles eyebrows* :D :lol:

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 02:36 PM
i tell ya we need someone who can read lips hehe....i wish we had sound on those clips!!

and erm SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Kady lip-read?... ;)

*Erika*
June 8th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I supose so.

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
After looking at the caps I'm thinking that Joe Flanigan is one lucky son of gun!!!! :(:(

I'm sure the JF thunkers/whumpers are thinking the same of Jill Wagner. ;)

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Either that or maybe the Travelers decide their interface won't work and the only way for them to be able to control Ancient technology is to use Sheppy to give Larrin an ATA baby... ;) *waggles eyebrows* :D :lol:

NOOOO!!!!!!!

I mentioned this about little Shep babies on this thread over a month ago.:o

Rootortoise
June 8th, 2007, 02:50 PM
i know, i wondered about it!:D

prion
June 8th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for this hun, it sounds fantastic, I can't wait to see how all of this pans out. Sheppy bound and beaten that is so squee!!! :D :D :D

Well, not badly beaten, not if he's standing and kissing ;) I think it would be nice if for once, the female guest lead didn't have low cut tight outfits. But that's the way the men cast the women I guess, so....

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
A little rant:
Looking at the caps again made me think of how Sci-Fi TV shows are sexist in the wardrobe for female guest stars. All the male Travelers have shirts on with collars around their neck and then they put Jill, I mean Larrin in an almost off the shoulder top with some cleavage. I'm never one to not want to look at a beautiful woman, especially Jill ;), but it doesn't make sense the difference in clothing, especially for someone who is supposed to be in command. You don't see Weir in revealing tops too often or even the vid clip parts with Keller and Carter, so why is it the hot female guest star of the week have to be put in such clothing??? Let people focus in on their acting skills, not their physical attributes.
It is nice to see at least new screen caps of Jill. I can't wait to get home and see the clip!!!!

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Well, not badly beaten, not if he's standing and kissing ;) I think it would be nice if for once, the female guest lead didn't have low cut tight outfits. But that's the way the men cast the women I guess, so....

INDEED!! I was writing my rant when you posted this and didn't see it. I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Well we've already suspected for a while that there won't be major whump in this one... the Travelers are supposed to be an ambiguous, friend/foe type thing and beating the crap out of Sheppard would pretty much remove any ambiguity and put them firmly into the foe category! :lol:

But every little helps and we're still getting beaten and bound.. and I'll take that! :D

prion
June 8th, 2007, 05:44 PM
A little rant:
Looking at the caps again made me think of how Sci-Fi TV shows are sexist in the wardrobe for female guest stars. All the male Travelers have shirts on with collars around their neck and then they put Jill, I mean Larrin in an almost off the shoulder top with some cleavage. I'm never one to not want to look at a beautiful woman, especially Jill ;), but it doesn't make sense the difference in clothing, especially for someone who is supposed to be in command. You don't see Weir in revealing tops too often or even the vid clip parts with Keller and Carter, so why is it the hot female guest star of the week have to be put in such clothing??? Let people focus in on their acting skills, not their physical attributes.
It is nice to see at least new screen caps of Jill. I can't wait to get home and see the clip!!!!

And you'd think they could afford clothes that fit and didn't squeeze the, uh, 'assets' out so much either. I've noticed a lot of cleavage on SGA, particularly when they have (sigh sigh) 'wenches' on alien planets. Why can't a young good looking alien woman wear just average non-breast exposing outfits???

prion
June 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well we've already suspected for a while that there won't be major whump in this one... the Travelers are supposed to be an ambiguous, friend/foe type thing and beating the crap out of Sheppard would pretty much remove any ambiguity and put them firmly into the foe category! :lol:

But every little helps and we're still getting beaten and bound.. and I'll take that! :D

WEll,... darn. Stamps feet ;)

Meanwhile, I've decided I will NEVER watch Kyle X. These banner ads are ticking me off...

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
And you'd think they could afford clothes that fit and didn't squeeze the, uh, 'assets' out so much either. I've noticed a lot of cleavage on SGA, particularly when they have (sigh sigh) 'wenches' on alien planets. Why can't a young good looking alien woman wear just average non-breast exposing outfits???Well it is no different to hiring a male actor then putting him in leather and exposing his chest *Ronon*

So they are bringing back the Kirking? And Atlantis is being compromised by Sheppard's actions again?

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
And you'd think they could afford clothes that fit and didn't squeeze the, uh, 'assets' out so much either. I've noticed a lot of cleavage on SGA, particularly when they have (sigh sigh) 'wenches' on alien planets. Why can't a young good looking alien woman wear just average non-breast exposing outfits???

OT:
If I want to see Jill in revealing outfits I'll watch Blade: The Series where she was always in the shower or in lingerie. But to do that I would have to put up with way worse writing than I have ever scene in the worse Stargate episode. I would have to wait until Sept. 18 when New Line is releasing just the pilot episode. Greedy *expletives* studio executives.

Meanwhile, I've decided I will NEVER watch Kyle X. These banner ads are ticking me off...

It is Kyle XY and I never watch it either.

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Well it is no different to hiring a male actor then putting him in leather and exposing his chest *Ronon*

So they are bringing back the Kirking? And Atlantis is being compromised by Sheppard's actions again?

In Ronon's case, he was living on the run and had to do with what he could get from people who helped him. Larrin is THE LEADER of her people on a starship and they STILL put her in revealing clothes unlike the male member's of her crew.

OT note: Jason Momoa and Jill Wagner are good friends and both are former models. I know that Jill had only seen clips of SGA from Jason's "reel" before she auditioned for Larrin because she rarely watches TV and according to BamBam, visited the SGA set last year to see Jason while she was in Vancouver shooting Blade: The Series.

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 06:18 PM

Don't worry. You're not missing anything. Kyle XY sucks IMO.

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
In Ronon's case, he was living on the run and had to do with what he could get from people who helped him. Larrin is THE LEADER of her people on a starship and they STILL put her in revealing clothes unlike the male member's of her crew.But he like Teyla have both been living in Atlantis for some time... Hmm, maybe it is how he likes to dress. Fancy that people choosing to wear what they actually want to wear. :cool:

Come on who is kidding who, Sheppard is not going to be shown to fall for a mature looking sensible shoe wearing women... this is Stargate!

Sheppard is the reason these women are dressed like this!

TPTB will never show him with anyone that isn't model material and if they are going to cast an ex-model of course they are going to want to get her in revealing clothes.

Chicken and the egg. Blame Sheppard. :cool:

vaberella
June 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
So do I like Jill Wagner? Well do I like what I've seen of Larrin? Hell Yes!! Why? I love her hair. I don't however feel her leather, it's like her and Vala went shopping at the same leather store. They could have made it a bit more revealing! :D Guys clothes don't matter that much. she's only baring her shoulders and arms, so what?! Ahh, full body armor I guess is in order, do you guys want to put a chastity belt to the equation to finish the "shackeled woman" look more?

I can't wait for Travelers!! :)

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 06:49 PM
But he like Teyla have both been living in Atlantis for some time... Hmm, maybe it is how he likes to dress. Fancy that people choosing to wear what they actually want to wear. :cool:

Come on who is kidding who, Sheppard is not going to be shown to fall for a mature looking sensible shoe wearing women... this is Stargate!

TPTB will never show him with anyone that isn't model material and if they are going to cast an ex-model of course they are going to want to get her in revealing clothes.

So do I like Jill Wagner? Well do I like what I've seen of Larrin? Hell Yes!! Why? I love her hair. I don't however feel her leather, it's like her and Vala went shopping at the same leather store. They could have made it a bit more revealing! :D Guys clothes don't matter that much. she's only baring her shoulders and arms, so what?! Ahh, full body armor I guess is in order, do you guys want to put a chastity belt to the equation to finish the "shackeled woman" look more?

I can't wait for Travelers!! :)

Maybe I'm just jealous of Joe Flanigan because I would have liked to have his job on the day that was shot. :o
All I was asking for was a top that had a collar at the neck.

vaberella
June 8th, 2007, 07:05 PM
^^ She might get a jacket when it's cold. Teyla got one. :D

I don't blame you about the jealousy, he does get girls with great hair! :D

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Maybe I'm just jealous of Joe Flanigan because I would have liked to have his job on the day that was shot. :o
I all I was asking for was a top that had a collar at the neck.Well I guess I hope for the day when even a fictional TV character can dress how ever she or he wants and not have some judge her or him as unprofessional or not fitting an image of what a women or man in that position should be wearing.

I get it, I do, it is sexist if the only reason is that she looks hawt! But as I said to me is all about Sheppard not the women. The same indeed with Daniel, Daniel changed... so the women he interacted with changed also. ;)

prion
June 8th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Don't worry. You're not missing anything. Kyle XY sucks IMO.

And it's the ONLY banner ad GW is showing. Gah.

But he like Teyla have both been living in Atlantis for some time... Hmm, maybe it is how he likes to dress. Fancy that people choosing to wear what they actually want to wear. :cool:

Nah, I blame the producers for thinking that guys are only attracted by... oh wait, that's what most guys ARE attracted to. Silly me.

But I suppose it's a change from the gawdawful bimbo princess from "The Tower" who wore nothing at one point.

But I'd really like one of these barely clad women to go "Damn, it's cold in here" and for someone (anyone) to say "Maybe if you wore more clothing..."

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 07:24 PM
You know the only women I can think of *alien wise* on the show so far that has fitted the stereotype of leader and professional and god dam it not an embryo :p was the leader of The Ancient ship in The Return. I was actually a little shocked she had lines on her face... wow we really are into youthful looks these days... it is so sad. :(

Sheppard didn't hit on her at all. :P:D

sherryw
June 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
i knew as soon as i saw that clip it would have the anti kirkers out in full force again...*sigh*

if its shep kissing her.....hes probs using his charm to get away- i cant say id wanna get into a relationship with someone who kidnapped me, beat me up and took my blood by force and does who knows what else!!

Or he could be trying to get her weapon, but she already has it in her hand. Or maybe he had one hidden on himself and she found it.

I don't think he's tied up there... they are both standing up....

I like to think the kiss might be some kind of power play.. Larrin's got the stunner and can do what she likes to Shep and wants him to know it... ;)

Ali you were reading my mind. :D

After looking at the caps I'm thinking that Joe Flanigan is one lucky son of gun!!!! :(:(

I'm sure the JF thunkers/whumpers are thinking the same of Jill Wagner. ;)

Oh yeah!! I know I am. :D

ITA....Can I just say I'm sick of looking at his stomach. :mckay:

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
And it's the ONLY banner ad GW is showing. Gah. Tell me about it.

Nah, I blame the producers for thinking that guys are only attracted by... oh wait, that's what most guys ARE attracted to. Silly me. Not me, I'm married if I look at another woman...:psycho:

But I suppose it's a change from the gawdawful bimbo princess from "The Tower" who wore nothing at one point.
I actually liked that ep but that did go a little to far IMO.

But I'd really like one of these barely clad women to go "Damn, it's cold in here" and for someone (anyone) to say "Maybe if you wore more clothing..."
LOL good one or mabey to show some half naked men to even the playing field. It's always the women who are naked, you ladies need some eye candy too!;)

scifi_lemon
June 8th, 2007, 09:14 PM

You read my mind :P

Well, if you over think it a bit *coughcough*...

If you're a beautiful, manipulative woman who needs to get information out of a *male* prisoner, chances are you're going to use all of your...erm, "assets" to try and get what you need. I can understand that, but you get tired of seeing it over and over and over...

Not me, I'm married if I look at another woman...:psycho:

LOL good one or mabey to show some half naked men to even the playing field. It's always the women who are naked, you ladies need some eye candy too!;)

The only problem with that is that not every guy on the 'Gates would look good, um, "bare". I don't want to see Shep shirtless...(what? I have a problem with the icky black chest hair, okay? I'm still scarred from 38 minutes. *shudders*) :P

*runs from all the Shep thunkers* :tomato:

vaberella
June 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I'm with the people having a problem with Kyle, he's bloody distracting. And what's with the girl? Must I see her lacking belly button too?

Linzi
June 8th, 2007, 11:33 PM

There is such a thing as Stockholm syndrome... :lol: Only kidding. Oh, I don't care about the anti-kirkers. Sheppard just has to look at a woman and he's accused of being loose. I reckon they're all just jealous ;) Anyway, we have no idea of the scenario. It didn't look romantic to me, more like one or other trying to get hold of the gun and get the other one at a disadvantage. Maybe Shep was trying to steal Larrin's gun and failed? I really don't think there'll be a relationship.

And it's the ONLY banner ad GW is showing. Gah.

Nah, I blame the producers for thinking that guys are only attracted by... oh wait, that's what most guys ARE attracted to. Silly me.

Well yes, guys ARE attracted to women dressed sexily if they're het. And that 18 - 45 year old male demographic is pretty important for advertising revenue... so in all honestly, can anyone be surprised they hired a beautiful, sexy woman to play Larrin?

Oh, I agree about the women saying it's cold in here I need more clothes. It is hot under studio lights, so....Their outfits always look so damn uncomfortable to me though. Then again, I am one of those who believe, if you've got it, flaunt it. ;)

Pegasus_SGA
June 9th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Well it is no different to hiring a male actor then putting him in leather and exposing his chest *Ronon*

I have no problem with that :D If the writers feel the need to put Shep in leather and expose his chest... not a problem for me. :D The thing with the kiss is we don't really know the context of the kiss, and it's one of them you're either gonna love that bit or not. I don't know about the kirking... I think i'll reserve judgement untill i've actually watched the clip and the ep :lol: How do we know that his actions compromised Atlantis from the clip? :confused: I can't see the clip so I really don't know apart from what people have told me.

OT:
If I want to see Jill in revealing outfits I'll watch Blade: The Series where she was always in the shower or in lingerie. But to do that I would have to put up with way worse writing than I have ever scene in the worse Stargate episode. I would have to wait until Sept. 18 when New Line is releasing just the pilot episode. Greedy *expletives* studio executives.

*wants that for Shep* :D

*cough* Obviously not the lingerie, not that i'm averse to boxies though :lol:

Tell me about it.

Not me, I'm married if I look at another woman...:psycho:

I actually liked that ep but that did go a little to far IMO.

I like the way you think hon,and couldn't agree more ;)

You read my mind :P

Well, if you over think it a bit *coughcough*...

If you're a beautiful, manipulative woman who needs to get information out of a *male* prisoner, chances are you're going to use all of your...erm, "assets" to try and get what you need. I can understand that, but you get tired of seeing it over and over and over...

The only problem with that is that not every guy on the 'Gates would look good, um, "bare". I don't want to see Shep shirtless...(what? I have a problem with the icky black chest hair, okay? I'm still scarred from 38 minutes. *shudders*) :P

*runs from all the Shep thunkers* :tomato:

*passes SciFi a bar of soap*

Wash your mouth out young lady! Shep not shirtless? :eek: Don't break my heart hon....

scarred :lol:

Well, I have to say *tries to keep on topic* I like the look of the ship, but it does make me wonder why/if/how Larrin and Shep form an alliance and what happens to make the two work together...any ideas?

Willow'sCat
June 9th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Sheppard just has to look at a woman and he's accused of being loose. Yes but the problem is he sleeps with them then leaves them. What a great message to send to those 18 - 45 year old males. :cool::rolleyes:

I reckon they're all just jealous Of what? :S

Lauriel
June 9th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Yes but the problem is he sleeps with them then leaves them. What a great message to send to those 18 - 45 year old males. :cool::rolleyes:

He sleeps with them? There is an inferrence in what, three episodes? Please, Stargate is one of the most sanitised shows on air.

*Erika*
June 9th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Well, I have to say *tries to keep on topic* I like the look of the ship, but it does make me wonder why/if/how Larrin and Shep form an alliance and what happens to make the two work together...any ideas?

I don't know... maybe a wraith attack?

Yes but the problem is he sleeps with them then leaves them. What a great message to send to those 18 - 45 year old males. :cool::rolleyes:
Of what? :S

He does???? :confused: I remember that in three years of the show the only serious relationship he had and could probably have slept with was Teer, from Epiphany. All others were just kisses. If he was really that type of guy he would have done it with a lot more women in the show, including Teyla and Weir.

Lauriel
June 9th, 2007, 02:21 AM
I don't know... maybe a wraith attack?

Or maybe Sheps gene activates something and they all have to team together to figure out what it is and how to diffuse it?

*Erika*
June 9th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Or maybe Sheps gene activates something and they all have to team together to figure out what it is and how to diffuse it?
That's good too. I guess things would be more dificult without McKay.

Lauriel
June 9th, 2007, 02:29 AM
That's good too. I guess things would be more dificult without McKay.

And it would be a nice way to keep the plot centered around Shep having the ATA gene. Probably won't happen, it's just a guess.

*Erika*
June 9th, 2007, 02:52 AM
And it would be a nice way to keep the plot centered around Shep having the ATA gene. Probably won't happen, it's just a guess.
I wish they would focus on his super ATA gene... *sighs*

prion
June 9th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Of what? :S

To our knowledge, he's only slept with Teer. I suspect any potential ardor with the bimbo princess fell flat as soon as she talked about ruling the throne and having kids.

Well yes, guys ARE attracted to women dressed sexily if they're het. And that 18 - 45 year old male demographic is pretty important for advertising revenue... so in all honestly, can anyone be surprised they hired a beautiful, sexy woman to play Larrin?

Oh, I agree about the women saying it's cold in here I need more clothes. It is hot under studio lights, so....Their outfits always look so damn uncomfortable to me though. Then again, I am one of those who believe, if you've got it, flaunt it. ;)

I don't think anybodyis surprised that they always hired beautiful well-endowed actresses. In that business, it's all about looks first and foremost, and actresses have to make hay while the sun shines cuz once you hit 40, they don't want you anymore. Totally sexist, but anyway.... do wish TPTB would realize that the 40+ women bracket of demographics has a lot of control over money these days....

scifi_lemon
June 9th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I wish they would focus on his super ATA gene... *sighs*

ITA. They keep mentioning "strongest gene of anyone" but never go further...

I guess that's what fanfics are for ;)

Platschu
June 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Sorry, but the Travelers race look like so disappointing. Humans without any make-up? It is such a cheap solution from the writers. :(

PG15
June 9th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Why would they have make-up? :confused:

Platschu
June 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
JM presented the Travelers as a new alien race, but they are only a human folk. They don't look like aliens at all. The Priors and the Wraith are so cool, because they have some unique in their outlook. But the Travelers? Space pirates? :S

Pegasus_SGA
June 9th, 2007, 11:56 AM
JM presented the Travelers as a new alien race, but they are only a human folk. They don't look like aliens at all. The Priors and the Wraith are so cool, because they have some unique in their outlook. But the Travelers? Space pirates? :S

Pirates are the new thing :D If you look at the Pegasus Galaxy most of them are human type colonies, there's not many we've seen that are alien in the context you described, apart from the Wraith, but they've only just begun explore other civilisations and maybe further down the line we will meet some not so human ancestors. But the jist I get from SGA is that the Ancients may have populated other planets.. just as the ancients did in SG1 and that's why they are so human like...

I agree it would be cool to have a race that aren't 'human' so to speak, but whether we'll get that down the line... who knows. Teyla and Ronon are aliens so what made you think these would be alien 'aliens'? Did that make sense :lol:

Platschu
June 9th, 2007, 12:03 PM
If I know well, the Travelers lived in MW, so they shouldn't be humans. ;) Why di I have that strange feeling, that the Travelers will be the Lucian Alliance v2.0? Sorry, but I don't feel myself exited about them. Maybe they will have some cool ships, but I wanted alien physiology. Ok, the CGI non-humanoid aliens are expensive, but they could have created a more unique alien race for Atlantis.

Redhooks
June 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM
JM said alien race, not alien species. All the spoilers I have read have said they are humans in a generational ship (or ships now that armada was mentioned) who fled from their Wraith-culled world. You have to understand that not all uses of the word "alien" mean non-human. In the U.S., we call people who are in this country without proper ID and "right" to be here as illegal "aliens." That means they are not U.S. citizens and are "alien" to our country. You have got to love the English language and the MANY different uses and meanings of the same word. :rolleyes:

I think that space pirates is a good description of their costume look and maybe what the writers were trying for except these people are looking for technology.

As far as the make-up comment, I'm sure all the actors/actresses portraying the Travelers had make-up on. ;)

Platschu
June 9th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks. I am very pro-season4 and season5 fan, so I will wait the new episodes. :D

Pegasus_SGA
June 9th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks. I am very pro-season4 and season5 fan, so I will wait the new episodes. :D

Who knows you might get your 'aliens' in season 5 :D

*fills her cup of happiness to the top* :D

Linzi
June 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Who knows you might get your 'aliens' in season 5 :D

*fills her cup of happiness to the top* :D
Yep. Mine's overflowing too. ;)

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Same here, season 4 will be awsome IMO.

*Erika*
June 9th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Looks like a flood in here...

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Quick we need Noah! Anybody got an Ark?;) Sorry in a sarcastic mood today.

scifi_lemon
June 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Quick! Someone grab the pumps and buckets! This thread's overflowing with squee!!:P

prion
June 9th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Sorry, but the Travelers race look like so disappointing. Humans without any make-up? It is such a cheap solution from the writers. :(

I'd rather have them be human than the Trek solution - ridges on noses on all alien races. But it would be vastly different to see NO makeup on a human on a TV show. Heck, even corpses have makeup on CSI.

Ltcolshepjumper
June 9th, 2007, 06:28 PM

What's crappy is how bad their ship looks. IT looks like it is only around the level of the genii.

PG15
June 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM
They're scavengers; what do you expect?

Let's not be too shallow here.

Redhooks
June 9th, 2007, 11:13 PM
What's crappy is how bad their ship looks. IT looks like it is only around the level of the genii.

Actually, the ship to me looks like it is of Ancient design that the Travelers found and have had to repair it anyway they could without the means to make exact spare parts for the ship. All the wires and hoses running from the controls of the doors look like they have been retrofitted. See the pics JM posted on his blog on March 31st and look at the door controls and compare them to the one in Atlantis. Just my two cents.

Alipeeps
June 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM

MOst of the "aliens" we meet in SGA - and in SG1 for that matter - are human beings from other planets. Side-effect of the Ancients seeding life through the galaxy and/or the Go'auld moving populations of slave humans to new planets. Even the Wraith evolved from humans...

If I know well, the Travelers lived in MW, so they shouldn't be humans. ;) Why di I have that strange feeling, that the Travelers will be the Lucian Alliance v2.0? Sorry, but I don't feel myself exited about them. Maybe they will have some cool ships, but I wanted alien physiology. Ok, the CGI non-humanoid aliens are expensive, but they could have created a more unique alien race for Atlantis.

I'm not understanding your comment there that the Travelers lived in MW? And why would that mean they shouldn't be humans? From what we know, the Travelers are simply a population of humans from the Pegasus galaxy, from one of the many worlds where the Ancients seeded life, who, in an effort to escape the Wraith, chose to live on ships instead of a planet and ended up making that a permanent way of life.

prion
June 10th, 2007, 09:58 AM

well, since they're scavengers, and not creators, they're going to steal what they can. it wouldn't make sense for them to have the good ship Enterprise, after all ;)

Redhooks
June 10th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Finally, I have seen the Season 4 clip thanks to vaberella. :D My thoughts on the clip from Travelers:

1) I am very jealous of Joe Flanigan right now. :mad:
2) Sheppard trips on a hose running across the floor, not on his tied or untied shoes as some people in another thread have suggested. :rolleyes: Also, if that was in the U.S., OSHA would have a fine given out so fast, heads would spin.
3) Jill has got down pat that "arrogant" walk of someone in charge and knows it. She must have seen it enough from Sticky, Neil, and Jessica on Blade: The Series.
4) To me, the kiss looked initiated by Sheppard, but countered with the stunner by Larrin. I also noticed she had a less revealing coat on during this bit.
5) Have I mentioned yet that I am jealous of JF? :D:D
6) The weapon Larrin is carrying on her right leg holster is not a Wraith stunner, but it doesn't look like Ronon's weapon either.
7) The ship looks like technology kept being added to it somewhat haphazardly and isn't something in the original ship's design.

Sheppard's Delight
June 10th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Finally, I have seen the Season 4 clip thanks to vaberella. :D My thoughts on the clip from Travelers:

1) I am very jealous of Joe Flanigan right now. :mad:
2) Sheppard trips on a hose running across the floor, not on his tied or untied shoes as some people in another thread have suggested. :rolleyes: Also, if that was in the U.S., OSHA would have a fine given out so fast, heads would spin.
3) Jill has got down pat that "arrogant" walk of someone in charge and knows it. She must have seen it enough from Sticky, Neil, and Jessica on Blade: The Series.
4) To me, the kiss looked initiated by Sheppard, but countered with the stunner by Larrin. I also noticed she had a less revealing coat on during this bit.
5) Have I mentioned yet that I am jealous of JF? :D:D

Ummm probably not as jealous as I am of Jill :lol:

*Erika*
June 10th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yep. I'm pretty jealous of Jill too.:D

Redhooks
June 10th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Yep. I'm pretty jealous of Jill too.:D

:lol: I understand the point of view of both of you. :lol:
We should have thought about being stand-ins when they practiced the scene!!!

*Erika*
June 10th, 2007, 10:34 AM
and pratice over and over and over...

Sheppard's Delight
June 10th, 2007, 10:35 AM

Oh if only!!!!!!!;)

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2007, 07:46 PM

Exactly. It wouldnt be realistic to have a great looking ship.

scifi_lemon
June 10th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Exactly. It wouldnt be realistic to have a great looking ship.

I think they need 'Pimp My Ride'. :P

Lauriel
June 12th, 2007, 05:29 AM

Unless you were both standins at the same time. I'd die laughing if you and Ali were expecting to kiss JL/JF and ended up smooching each other. ;):D

*Erika*
June 12th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Unless you were both standins at the same time. I'd die laughing if you and Ali were expecting to kiss JL/JF and ended up smooching each other. ;):D
:lol:

Mitchell82
June 12th, 2007, 07:39 AM
I think they need 'Pimp My Ride'. :P

"Coming this summer on Scifi a brand new reality series Pimp My Starship";)

Listy
June 12th, 2007, 11:56 AM

:lol: :D

Redhooks
June 12th, 2007, 12:56 PM
JL? (Jill Larrin? or Jill Wagner(JW)) :) It was a given from my point of view that both stand-ins were not there at the same time!!

By the way Lauriel, why did you mention Ali's name when it was Sheppard's Delight and Erika who said they would be stand-ins? Were you laughing too hard thinking up and/or picturing the scenario to type correctly??? :lol:

OT:
I was a lot closer to JW yesterday (Within 10 miles) because she was in Detroit at the Lincoln-Mercury Dealers Forum at Ford Field last night. Even though I work for Ford, I couldn't get in. :( She was there because she is the national spokesperson for Mercury.

scifi_lemon
June 12th, 2007, 01:13 PM

I think we need to take the PJs there. Seriously, those are the ugliest spaceships I've ever seen! :P

BeautifulScotland
June 12th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I love the fact that these people are somewhat like pirates or scavergers. The fact that their ship looks like junk is pretty relistic. John looks like he just tied to a chair, so nothing really fancy.

John possibly suffering Stockholm Symdrom is interesting (I have been sujusting it for Carson's reappearence)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

It might lead to a possible aliance with these guys, or not.

prion
June 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I love the fact that these people are somewhat like pirates or scavergers. The fact that their ship looks like junk is pretty relistic. John looks like he just tied to a chair, so nothing really fancy.

John possibly suffering Stockholm Symdrom is interesting (I have been sujusting it for Carson's reappearence)

Well, according to spoilers, they beat on Sheppard a bit, and tying someone to a chair and slapping them around is a time-honored tv tradition ;)

sherryw
June 12th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Well, according to spoilers, they beat on Sheppard a bit, and tying someone to a chair and slapping them around is a time-honored tv tradition ;)

I hope they show more than they did on that video we saw the other day. They only show the guy lifting his hand. Hopefully the scene was cut or adjusted for the video.

Lauriel
June 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM
JL? (Jill Larrin? or Jill Wagner(JW)) :) It was a given from my point of view that both stand-ins were not there at the same time!!

By the way Lauriel, why did you mention Ali's name when it was Sheppard's Delight and Erika who said they would be stand-ins? Were you laughing too hard thinking up and/or picturing the scenario to type correctly??? :lol:

OT:
I was a lot closer to JW yesterday (Within 10 miles) because she was in Detroit at the Lincoln-Mercury Dealers Forum at Ford Field last night. Even though I work for Ford, I couldn't get in. :( She was there because she is the national spokesperson for Mercury.

Ooops! Either I am getting delusional from lack of new SGA, or I was so tired I couldn't read straight. Sorry about the boo-boos. :o:o

Linzi
June 14th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Sounds good to me!!! ;)

Ooops! Either I am getting delusional from lack of new SGA, or I was so tired I couldn't read straight. Sorry about the boo-boos. :o:o

Well, in all fairness Ali would be right up there at the front of the queue! So it was an easy mistake to make! In fact, we'd all be fighting each other for the role! ;)

Lauriel
June 14th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Sounds good to me!!! ;)

Well, in all fairness Ali would be right up there at the front of the queue! So it was an easy mistake to make! In fact, we'd all be fighting each other for the role! ;)

Yup... I'd be there too. ;):D

Pegasus_SGA
June 14th, 2007, 06:42 AM

I like that idea. I think it's unlikely that we'd get something like that, for some reason TV programmes don't like to show our heroes falliable (sp?), but it could make things very interesting in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes the simple things make it look authentic. We know they're scavengers, so their not exactly going to have hi-tech stuff, but i'm curious though as to what they need Shep's ATA gene for. I wonder if they've got a ship or something stashed?

sherryw
June 14th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I like that idea. I think it's unlikely that we'd get something like that, for some reason TV programmes don't like to show our heroes falliable (sp?), but it could make things very interesting in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes the simple things make it look authentic. We know they're scavengers, so their not exactly going to have hi-tech stuff, but i'm curious though as to what they need Shep's ATA gene for. I wonder if they've got a ship or something stashed?

According to the episode description the Travelers do have a ship. This is going to be sooo good. :D

Linzi
June 14th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Indeed they do. They have an Ancient ship of some sort they need him to activate - I don't know whether it's like the Aurora or similar, but I bet the Atlanteans would love to get their mitts on it!

The Stockholm Syndrome is very interesting, I'd agree. But, alas, Shep as the hero would never go down that route, I suspect.

Pegasus_SGA
June 14th, 2007, 08:25 AM
According to the episode description the Travelers do have a ship. This is going to be sooo good. :D

:lol: I know they've got a ship, I meant a baby PJ inside the big momma ship. It does make me wonder how they get Shep out of the PJ though... hmmm questions, questions, questions and so long to wait....

Have no patience to wait any longer http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/mur.gif need S4 now, dagnabit.

Linzi
June 14th, 2007, 09:23 AM
:lol: I know they've got a ship, I meant a baby PJ inside the big momma ship. It does make me wonder how they get Shep out of the PJ though... hmmm questions, questions, questions and so long to wait....

Have no patience to wait any longer http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/mur.gif need S4 now, dagnabit.
Ooops! I didn't realise you meant a baby ship inside mommy ship! Sorry :o

Pegasus_SGA
June 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Ooops! I didn't realise you meant a baby ship inside mommy ship! Sorry :o

:lol: it's ok, neither did Sherry... i'll try and be more coherant in future. It's just that, it's hard to be coherant when we're getting Shep, beaten, bound and used for his ATA gene. So the apologies are mine. :D

Linzi
June 14th, 2007, 09:27 AM
:lol: it's ok, neither did Sherry... i'll try and be more coherant in future. It's just that, it's hard to be coherant when we're getting Shep, beaten, bound and used for his ATA gene. So the apologies are mine. :D
:lol: I know exactly how you feel! In fact, it's a miracle anything we say makes sense really! Or perhaps it doesn't? ;)

sherryw
June 14th, 2007, 10:03 AM

It's all good Peggy :) I just hope they show it. They may just go to where he's out of the PJ already, but they may threaten to completle pulverize the PJ if he doesn't surrender.

I can just see it now. He walks to the back of the jumper takes a deep breath and releases the hatch. As the hatch come down he puts his hands up in surrender with his P90 hanging from his tac vest. Two of Larrin's men run up to him and remove the tac vest and the P90 and tie him up. Can you tell I'm grasping at straws. Anyone have any other ideas. It will be interesting to see who's closest when the epi finally airs.

Move over I need to hit my head as well. :D http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/mur.gif

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 10:03 AM

I know how you feel, it is such a long wait. Don't hit your head to hard it might hurt.;)

Gate Geek
June 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/GateGeek/smileys/6.gif

How much longer do we have to wait??????? ARGH!!!!!!

Pegasus_SGA
June 14th, 2007, 11:14 AM
:lol: I know exactly how you feel! In fact, it's a miracle anything we say makes sense really! Or perhaps it doesn't? ;)

*giggles* Who needs to talk when whumping is universal :D

It's all good Peggy :) I just hope they show it. They may just go to where he's out of the PJ already, but they may threaten to completle pulverize the PJ if he doesn't surrender.

I can just see it now. He walks to the back of the jumper takes a deep breath and releases the hatch. As the hatch come down he puts his hands up in surrender with his P90 hanging from his tac vest. Two of Larrin's men run up to him and remove the tac vest and the P90 and tie him up. Can you tell I'm grasping at straws. Anyone have any other ideas. It will be interesting to see who's closest when the epi finally airs.

Move over I need to hit my head as well. :D http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/mur.gif

*does a DH squee* :P

I don't think they've got beaming technology, (as i'm sure I read/saw somewhere that JM doesn't like that easy escape route) Squeeee. So maybe the ship swallows the PJ and then they try to cut the ramp and get Shep out that way. But whatever way they do it, I want the team to rescue Shep fora change :D

I know how you feel, it is such a long wait. Don't hit your head to hard it might hurt.;)

Hehehe, you're right hon, I can only inflict pain, I can't take it. Aspirin anyone? :P

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/GateGeek/smileys/6.gif

How much longer do we have to wait??????? ARGH!!!!!!

I'm gonna predict we'll get Travelers on 24th September. :D

sherryw
June 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM

I don't think they've got beaming technology, (as i'm sure I read/saw somewhere that JM doesn't like that easy escape route) Squeeee. So maybe the ship swallows the PJ and then they try to cut the ramp and get Shep out that way. But whatever way they do it, I want the team to rescue Shep fora change :D

Hehehe, you're right hon, I can only inflict pain, I can't take it. Aspirin anyone? :P

Loving the DH squee!!! I just loovvveee SGA!!!!!

I don't think they have beaming technology either. I wonder if they will swallow it up as you say, then maybe surround the ship with men. More than likely the shields will be down so if they have projectile weapons they could in turn get through the metal. I really hope they show the whole capture.
I hate waiting!!!!

Alipeeps
June 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM

Assumes a fighting stance... :D

I'm pretty sure they capture him in space... the spoilers were that they had set up spy satellites around space gates to try and find one of the Atlantis team.. plus the snippet of the opening scene that we know about from JM's blog is that the ep opens with Sheppard in the PJ and talking to McKay over the radio...

sherryw
June 14th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Assumes a fighting stance... :D

I'm pretty sure they capture him in space... the spoilers were that they had set up spy satellites around space gates to try and find one of the Atlantis team.. plus the snippet of the opening scene that we know about from JM's blog is that the ep opens with Sheppard in the PJ and talking to McKay over the radio...

Oh I agree with that, but we were just trying to figure out how they actually get him out of the PJ once they capture the PJ. Will they trash the it or will Shep just open the hatch or will they not show it at all.

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Oh I agree with that, but we were just trying to figure out how they actually get him out of the PJ once they capture the PJ. Will they trash the it or will Shep just open the hatch or will they not show it at all.

How do you think that they even get the Jumper in the ship? Tractor beam maybe? As for Shep, I hope he doesn't go down without a fight. I can see it now...

The PJ is moving towards the ship and Shep sits in the pilot chair, helpless. He manages transmit his location before the Jumper is inside the ship. Once inside, he's surrounded by the Travellers. He sees no choice other than to open the hatch and run out, P90 blazing. Maybe some burly guards have to wrestle him to the ground and knock him unconcious with the butt of their rifles (squee!). Or someone just hits him with a blast from a Wraith stunner.

What do you guys think?

Lauriel
June 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
How do you think that they even get the Jumper in the ship? Tractor beam maybe? As for Shep, I hope he doesn't go down without a fight. I can see it now...

The PJ is moving towards the ship and Shep sits in the pilot chair, helpless. He manages transmit his location before the Jumper is inside the ship. Once inside, he's surrounded by the Travellers. He sees no choice other than to open the hatch and run out, P90 blazing. Maybe some burly guards have to wrestle him to the ground and knock him unconcious with the butt of their rifles (squee!). Or someone just hits him with a blast from a Wraith stunner.

What do you guys think?
I think you're a closet whumper! ;):D Sounds good to me. :D

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I think you're a closet whumper! ;):D Sounds good to me. :D

A 'closet' whumper? Ha! You obviously don't know me very well :P I'm a real whumpaholic, though not as...into it as some of the people on the Shep whump thread are. :D:D

Lauriel
June 14th, 2007, 03:24 PM
A 'closet' whumper? Ha! You obviously don't know me very well :P I'm a real whumpaholic, though not as...into it as some of the people on the Shep whump thread are. :D:D

Ah! A confessed whumpaholic! That explains that. As for those crazy people on the whump thread... *looks at sig*... guilty as charged. :o:o:o

Back on topic - this ep does promise a respectable amount of Shep whump. :D Squeee!

sherryw
June 14th, 2007, 03:30 PM

What do you guys think?

I think that they will more than likely have disabled it somehow and that the PJ will just be floating. If the ship is as big as they say it's supposed to be it will problably just open it's cargo hold or whatever and catch the PJ somehow.

He also tries to shoot some drones at it, but they are offline and he sighs in frustration. In the meantime Rodney and gang are frantically trying to get information before they lose communication with Sheppard.

Who do you think will be in charge of Atlantis with Sheppard being captured? It was already asked on the JM thread if AT was going to be in Travelers and I believe he said no. So I'm thinking and hoping it's going to be Lorne.

I'm wondering if Shep will fight them. In the video it doesn't look like he's struggling too much when he's walking down that hallway.

All this waiting is killing me here. http://www.invision.smileyville.net/smilies/lostit (9).gif

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 03:35 PM

How about we have Shep,Ronon and Mckay whump in the same ep!;)

Of course they don't only us unworthy humans, the Asgard and Scotty have beaming tech. We sure don't want Rodney turning into Scotty do we?;)

Sure but Asprin don't work Major Jon(me) orders 10 straight hours of whump.;)

So you are the seer?! Or do you have a magic 8 ball?;)

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Ah! A confessed whumpaholic! That explains that. As for those crazy people on the whump thread... *looks at sig*... guilty as charged. :o:o:o

Back on topic - this ep does promise a respectable amount of Shep whump. :D Squeee!

Double squeee!

[...]I'm wondering if Shep will fight them. In the video it doesn't look like he's struggling too much when he's walking down that hallway.

I think that they had his hands tied and I would think that by that time they would have beaten (squee!) it into his head that he couldn't escape.

How about we have Shep,Ronon and Mckay whump in the same ep!;)

Uh...you mean Phantoms? :P

Of course they don't only us unworthy humans, the Asgard and Scotty have beaming tech. We sure don't want Rodney turning into Scotty do we?;)

Well if McKay's Scotty than John would definitly be Spock. It's the pointy ears. :D

sherryw
June 14th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Double squeee!

I think that they had his hands tied and I would think that by that time they would have beaten (squee!) it into his head that he couldn't escape.

You are probably right. They may beat him up when they tied his hands then punched him again when interogating him. (squee!!!) right back cha!

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Ooops good point. I loved that shep shot Rodney in that ep.

Well if McKay's Scotty than John would definitly be Spock. It's the pointy ears. :D
Good point I like that.

Alipeeps
June 15th, 2007, 03:08 AM

Oh I know - I'm dying to know how that happens! I'm guessing they do somehow disable the ship, and then let it drift into their cargo hold or whatever, but as for getting him out of the jumper... I like to think he'd fight but realistically, Shep is a pragmatist and I can see the jumper coming to settle on the deck and being surrounded by 20+ armed men and Sheppard realising that he can't fight his way out of this... and reluctantly lowering the ramp, maybe trying to start to say something, to talk his way out of this, and being grabbed (hopefully roughly!! :D) hold of by a couple of men, with others training weapons on him, and his hands tied and then, without a word, being shoved ahead of them through the corridors of the ship.... to the "beating room"! Yaaaaay! :D :D

There was no Shep whump in Phantoms. :mad:

Very sore point with the whumpers, that one... there was Shep angst, but no real whump. Everybody BUT Shep got whumped! :mad: :lol:

*Erika*
June 15th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Oh I know - I'm dying to know how that happens! I'm guessing they do somehow disable the ship, and then let it drift into their cargo hold or whatever, but as for getting him out of the jumper... I like to think he'd fight but realistically, Shep is a pragmatist and I can see the jumper coming to settle on the deck and being surrounded by 20+ armed men and Sheppard realising that he can't fight his way out of this... and reluctantly lowering the ramp, maybe trying to start to say something, to talk his way out of this, and being grabbed (hopefully roughly!! :D) hold of by a couple of men, with others training weapons on him, and his hands tied and then, without a word, being shoved ahead of them through the corridors of the ship.... to the "beating room"! Yaaaaay! :D :D

Very sore point with the whumpers, that one... there was Shep angst, but no real whump. Everybody BUT Shep got whumped! :mad: :lol:
I love your idea!!!

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 04:32 AM
^Same here!

That's true, there was no Shep whump in Phantoms! Maybe that's why it felt like it was missing something :P

Gate Geek
June 15th, 2007, 05:23 AM

What do you guys think?

I would prefer Shep shot, not stunned........

Yeah, I think what you described Ali will probably go down. Shep seemed annoyed, but not too distressed in the vid where he is walkng down the hall. I dunno, I think that clip is from early in the ep, and he didn't look too worked over. yet. so I think his 'capture' goes rather 'smoothly' for lack of a better term.

Besides, iIf the Travelers are scavengers, would it be safe to assume, they may WANT the PJ (even if they can't operate it) which would leave me to think they would take care not to damage it. So they may wait for Sheppy to lower the hatch rahter than force their way in. *shrugs*

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Looks like Carter ain't in the episode:

So you wanna say my day just got worse? :P

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 05:33 AM

Yeah, I think what you described Ali will probably go down. Shep seemed annoyed, but not too distressed in the vid where he is walkng down the hall. I dunno, I think that clip is from early in the ep, and he didn't look too worked over. yet. so I think his 'capture' goes rather 'smoothly' for lack of a better term.

Besides, iIf the Travelers are scavengers, would it be safe to assume, they may WANT the PJ (even if they can't operate it) which would leave me to think they would take care not to damage it. So they may wait for Sheppy to lower the hatch rahter than force their way in. *shrugs*

I only suggested that he was stunned because he didn't look like he had been shot in the clips. Unless the Travellers have also scavenged a Goa'uld sarcaphogus (sp?), I don't think that's possible.

Or maybe he has super healing powers! ;)

Gate Geek
June 15th, 2007, 06:23 AM
I only suggested that he was stunned because he didn't look like he had been shot in the clips. Unless the Travellers have also scavenged a Goa'uld sarcaphogus (sp?), I don't think that's possible.

Or maybe he has super healing powers! ;)

:lol: I only suggested shot as i'm tired of Shep always getting stunned. although with my whumper luck, Shep would get shot in the left arm....again!

damn, when is this eppy going to air?

Cautious Explorer
June 15th, 2007, 06:29 AM
:lol: I only suggested shot as i'm tired of Shep always getting stunned. although with my whumper luck, Shep would get shot in the left arm....again!

But he has to be stunned if it happens early in the episode, otherwise he will be shot in the left arm again. He can't actually be shot until near the end of the episode when he's making his escape. :)

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 06:30 AM

Seeing Shep get shot would be a nice change.

I just thought about it; healing powers would be awesome for whumpage. He could get whumped over and over and over again without dying! :P

Ltcolshepjumper
June 15th, 2007, 06:38 AM
OR, he could die over and over. I would definitely like to see that for a change rather than the same old "get injured" or the occasional offing of characters.

*Erika*
June 15th, 2007, 06:40 AM
OR, he could die over and over. I would definitely like to see that for a change rather than the same old "get injured" or the occasional offing of characters.
It would be really great if he would get seriously injured for a change. I wouldn't mind seeing him die, just to be revived later:D:D

Alipeeps
June 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Seeing Shep get shot would be a nice change.

I just thought about it; healing powers would be awesome for whumpage. He could get whumped over and over and over again without dying! :P

Hence the attraction of Wolverine as a character to those of a whumper persuasion... :D The movies are good but oh MY he gets whumped in the comics!!! :D :D

Redhooks
June 15th, 2007, 08:53 AM
It would be really great if he would get seriously injured for a change. I wouldn't mind seeing him die, just to be revived later:D:D
So you want more Shep Whumpage like in 38 Minutes, eh? ;)
Isn't it bad enough the re-used, re-hashed plots from SG-1 are used in Atlantis? You want the writers to feel the need to do the same for SGA eps within SGA? :(
Of course you could be asking for any kind of injury to Sheppard, because isn't that what Whumpers do? :D

As far as "capturing" the PJ, maybe the Travelers invite Sheppard aboard with the ruse to be allies and then turn on him? The writers have done this before too (Genii, Asurans, etc.)

Alipeeps
June 15th, 2007, 09:02 AM
As far as "capturing" the PJ, maybe the Travelers invite Sheppard aboard with the ruse to be allies and then turn on him? The writers have done this before too (Genii, Asurans, etc.)

Spoilers are pretty specific:

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers.... [Larrin] calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate.

Redhooks
June 15th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Spoilers are pretty specific:

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers.... [Larrin] calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate.
I forgot about that little tidbit!! :o I remembered about the satellites and thought that is how they found him. Strike that speculation. ;)

OT:
Ali, I tried to PM you yesterday but your message folder is full. I hope Linzi got you the news.

Alipeeps
June 15th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I forgot about that little tidbit!! :o I remembered about the satellites and thought that is how they found him. Strike that speculation. ;)

OT:
Ali, I tried to PM you yesterday but your message folder is full. I hope Linzi got you the news.

Eh? Whuh? Nope! Ummm... PM me again... I'll make space! :D

Linzi
June 15th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Eh? Whuh? Nope! Ummm... PM me again... I'll make space! :D
Didn't you get my email? :eek:

Mitchell82
June 15th, 2007, 10:02 AM

OT:

So they likely stun him first then torture. But the real torture is waiting for this ep.:tealcanime22:

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 10:08 AM

That'd be cool too! Kinda like O'Neill in Abyss.

Hence the attraction of Wolverine as a character to those of a whumper persuasion... :D The movies are good but oh MY he gets whumped in the comics!!! :D :D

I liked Wolverine too...but more for his 'Devil may care' and somewhat serious attitude that hides a tender spot and a mysterious past.

Hey, did that just sound like a description of Shep or what. 0.o Scary.

Can you say oops. ^Ditto.

Alipeeps
June 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Didn't you get my email? :eek:

Nope. :D

So they likely stun him first then torture. But the real torture is waiting for this ep.:tealcanime22:

I don't think they'll stun him. Otherwise he'd be being carried to a cell, not walked down the corridors with his hands tied! :lol:

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 10:20 AM

LOL! :indeed:

I don't think they'll stun him. Otherwise he'd be being carried to a cell, not walked down the corridors with his hands tied! :lol:

True. I never thought of that.

Pegasus_SGA
June 15th, 2007, 11:11 AM
It's taking far too long for this ep to air, and i'm starting to get the jitters!

I don't care if he's not beaten to a pulp in this ep! DG-only cos we get it in the next :Phehehe.

I love action and defiant Shep, and hopefully we'll get to see lots of that in this eppy. I can't wait to see what sort of love/hate relationship Shep's going to have with Larrin. I think it has potential to be very squee worthy :D

I just want Shep to not be the one to rescue himself... it's not a lot to ask is it. Just the once would be nice :D I do wonder if Larrin is going to disobey her own people and be a rogue agent type or if she stays with her people.

Oooh
OT

Macgyver's getting strapped to a chair and being injected with poison

*wants that for Shep* hehehe

I do wonder how they're actually going to extract his blood, whether someone has to hold him down while they suck it out of his veins. I wonder if we'll get to see that. Cos, let's face it, he's not exactly going to give it willingly. :D

Roll on S4 *squeeeeee*

Linzi
June 15th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Nope. :D

You didn't? Where did that go then? Let me re-send it! Stupid Aol....:(

Listy
June 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM

:lol: I love that description, I can't wait to see this ep. Hmmm "The Beating room" nice :D Can we get one of those for the whump thread :)

Good point, why damage a ship you might be able to eventually use, that would be a waste, Shep couldn't stay in the PJ forever, eventually he would have to open up, so he prbably sees there is not much point to defying his soon to be captors.

I would like to see some defiance from Shep towards his captors though, maybe see him getting a beating for his troubles :)

sherryw
June 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM
:lol: I love that description, I can't wait to see this ep. Hmmm "The Beating room" nice :D Can we get one of those for the whump thread :)

Good point, why damage a ship you might be able to eventually use, that would be a waste, Shep couldn't stay in the PJ forever, eventually he would have to open up, so he prbably sees there is not much point to defying his soon to be captors.

I would like to see some defiance from Shep towards his captors though, maybe see him getting a beating for his troubles :)

One thing that I haven't seen on SGA yet is the whole name, rank and serial number. It would great if they were questioning him and that's how he was answering. The thug :D hits Shep because he won't answer any questions.

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 01:24 PM

That'd be awesome!

*Erika*
June 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
One thing that I haven't seen on SGA yet is the whole name, rank and serial number. It would great if they were questioning him and that's how he was answering. The thug :D hits Shep because he won't answer any questions.
I would absolutely love seeing him say it!!

Listy
June 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Nice :D

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 02:18 PM

Awesome idea! At last we would solve the mystery of...what the heck is his middle name? :P

Mitchell82
June 15th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Thats true it be great to see that, I wonder just how much shep will be injured in this?

Mitchell82
June 15th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Awesome idea! At last we would solve the mystery of...what the heck is his middle name? :P

How about "John Tiberius Sheppard". That's a Star Trek reference for those who don't get it.

Gate Geek
June 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM

OOhhh!! I love this idea. Wonder what his serial number is.... I hope Shep gets hit hard enough to leave a visible bruise or something.

How about "John Tiberius Sheppard". That's a Star Trek reference for those who don't get it.

That's just BAD!!! Rinse your mouth out with soap!!! Make sure its icky tasting soap too.

Mitchell82
June 15th, 2007, 05:57 PM
OOhhh!! I love this idea. Wonder what his serial number is.... I hope Shep gets hit hard enough to leave a visible bruise or something.

That's just BAD!!! Rinse your mouth out with soap!!! Make sure its icky tasting soap too.

Ok :yuanime01:

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM

NO! Not another Kirk reference!!!! :eek:

sherryw
June 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM

OK so not liking the kirk reference. :D If they do a name, rank and serial number, he will probably just say John Sheppard, Lt. Colonel, enter serial # here. :D We probably won't get that lucky though, but it's fun trying to figure it out.

I'm all for the bruising. I'm dying here for this episode. :lol: Isn't all soap icky tasting, unless you know of a good flavored one GG. :D I hope this doesn't mean you've had your mouth rinsed out with soap a lot. ;)

Lauriel
June 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM

There was a 'what is sheppard's middle name' thread doing the rounds at one stage, and I suggested that - in jest! - and it was... not well recieved. :o:)

Mitchell82
June 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM
There was a 'what is sheppard's middle name' thread doing the rounds at one stage, and I suggested that - in jest! - and it was... not well recieved. :o:)

Mine was in jest too but obvioulsy it didnt go well.

Gate Geek
June 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM

I still love you.......:lol:

scifi_lemon
June 16th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Awww...don't worry, we still like you :P

Mitchell82
June 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Awww...don't worry, we still like you :P

Aww thanks. How about John Ethan Sheppard?

scifi_lemon
June 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Aww thanks. How about John Ethan Sheppard?

Ahh...tha's behter. What about John Spock Sheppard? :P

Mitchell82
June 17th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Ahh...tha's behter. What about John Spock Sheppard? :P

"That's not logical!";)

Alipeeps
June 17th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I've been doing a bit of updating on the SGA_Spoilers LJ (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/) and have included a load of screencaps from the Season 4 scenes from the vid on the MGM website.. including the scenes from Travelers! :D

sherryw
June 17th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I've been doing a bit of updating on the SGA_Spoilers LJ (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/) and have included a load of screencaps from the Season 4 scenes from the vid on the MGM website.. including the scenes from Travelers! :D

Thanks Ali...the caps are great!!!

scifi_lemon
June 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
"That's not logical!";)

LOL!

Lauriel
June 17th, 2007, 11:58 PM
John Lesley Sheppard - because Rodney really deserves to get the one up on the odd occasion. ;)

Redhooks
June 18th, 2007, 12:04 AM
John Lesley Sheppard - because Rodney really deserves to get the one up on the odd occasion. ;)
Am I going nuts and/or too tired right now, but didn't you just have up John Reginald Sheppard a few moments ago????
I didn't see any edited by at the bottom either.

Lauriel
June 18th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Am I going nuts and/or too tired right now, but didn't you just have up John Reginald Sheppard a few moments ago????
I didn't see any edited by at the bottom either.

LOL! You're not nuts - I changed it because Lesley is girlier. Then I decided to cut and run before I completely ruined my 'totally obsessed with Sheppy' rep. I'm hoping naming him comes under 'whump'. :D

Redhooks
June 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
LOL! You're not nuts - I changed it because Lesley is girlier. Then I decided to cut and run before I completely ruined my 'totally obsessed with Sheppy' rep. I'm hoping naming him comes under 'whump'. :D

Thanks for confirming that, at least not in this case. ;) I went back one page to look at a previous post and then came back to this page, and it was changed! What threw me for a loop was there wasn't an edit message on the bottom of the page! I thought I had imagined it, you know, like memory whump!!

Lauriel
June 18th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks for confirming that, at least not in this case. ;) I went back one page to look at a previous post and then came back to this page, and it was changed! What threw me for a loop was there wasn't an edit message on the bottom of the page! I thought I had imagined it, you know, like memory whump!!

No - not memory.. umm.. what was I saying?

Alipeeps
June 18th, 2007, 12:29 AM

If you edit within the first couple of minutes of posting, it doesn't mark the post as having been edited. So people can do immediate edits of typos or mistakes etc they only notice after posting I guess.... :)

PG15
June 18th, 2007, 11:10 AM
You guys are avoiding the obvious!

John Meredith Sheppard :D

*Erika*
June 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM

:lol: I would like to see the Meredith/Meredith interaction.

scifi_lemon
June 18th, 2007, 12:44 PM

:lol: Nice.

What about: John Kirk Sheppard?

*hides from anit-Kirkers* :tomato: or not ;)

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 06:22 AM
:lol: I would like to see the Meredith/Meredith interaction.

LOL now that would be great. How about John Lucy Shepard?!

Alipeeps
June 19th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Mandy :D

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Mandy :D

LOL!

Redhooks
June 19th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Seeing what JM wrote in his blog as answers to questions in the last few days does anyone else feel the premier of Season 4 will be early October? That will mean this episode may not air until November?!?! :eek:
I was hoping the latest the premiere would be on Sept. 21st. That is the Friday after the U.S. release of Season 3 DVDs.

I want the season to start as early as possible, but Joe's tone doesn't sound promising. :(

Larrin is carrying a gun in a holster and has the Wraith stunner in the last part of the clip from Travelers. If you want to see how Jill looks with a gun in her hand, I've posted some pics in the JW thunk thread at http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6794723&postcount=9

H Louise
June 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Most excited about this episode! Even though I've only just seen season two. Lol. That's what imagination is for - at least that's what I keep telling myself. lol.

scifi_lemon
June 19th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Most excited about this episode! Even though I've only just seen season two. Lol. That's what imagination is for - at least that's what I keep telling myself. lol.

Season 2?!?!?! *gasp* You poor, poor thing! *hugs* ;)

Gate Geek
June 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Seeing what JM wrote in his blog as answers to questions in the last few days does anyone else feel the premier of Season 4 will be early October? That will mean this episode may not air until November?!?! :eek:
I was hoping the latest the premiere would be on Sept. 21st. That is the Friday after the U.S. release of Season 3 DVDs.

I want the season to start as early as possible, but Joe's tone doesn't sound promising. :(

Larrin is carrying a gun in a holster and has the Wraith stunner in the last part of the clip from Travelers. If you want to see how Jill looks with a gun in her hand, I've posted some pics in the JW thunk thread at http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6794723&postcount=9

I'm still going for a September premiere date. I think October is just too long a wait. *shrugs*

If for some reason this does air in November, I just hope its not the first weekend.

Redhooks
June 19th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I'm still going for a September premiere date. I think October is just too long a wait. *shrugs*

If for some reason this does air in November, I just hope its not the first weekend.

I hope you are right and I am wrong GG!! It was just some comment Joe made in his blog about Sci-Fi pushing the premiere back so far that it would be cutting it close to know if Season 4 will have an affect on Sci-Fi's decision to renew the series or not. I think late October, early November is when a decision will have to be made in order to renew contracts or not with actors, writers, directors, etc.

Pegasus_SGA
June 20th, 2007, 10:34 AM
*gets out her crystal ball*

I predict we'll get Travelers *drum roll* towards the end of September :D

scifi_lemon
June 20th, 2007, 11:08 AM

So are you saying we can blame you if we don't see it until October? Sweet. MUAHAHAHa!!!!!! *ahem* ;)

Redhooks
June 20th, 2007, 11:29 AM

If we are to assume this ep will stay 5th in the viewing order and the show remains on Friday, Adrift would have to air in late August on the 24th and not the 31st due to the Labor Day weekend in the US. It doesn't make sense to me to air the first episode and then wait two weeks until the next one. It makes more sense to me to start on Sept. 7 at the earliest. I didn't watch early season 3 last year and don't know if an episode was shown on Labor Day weekend last year or not. I'm making the assumption based on them skipping Memorial Day weekend this year.
Any Comments? (as if I needed to ask?? :rolleyes:)

Gate Geek
June 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
If we are to assume this ep will stay 5th in the viewing order and the show remains on Friday, Adrift would have to air in late August on the 24th and not the 31st due to the Labor Day weekend in the US. It doesn't make sense to me to air the first episode and then wait two weeks until the next one. It makes more sense to me to start on Sept. 7 at the earliest. I didn't watch early season 3 last year and don't know if an episode was shown on Labor Day weekend last year or not. I'm making the assumption based on them skipping Memorial Day weekend this year.
Any Comments? (as if I needed to ask?? :rolleyes:)

They do not show any new eps Labor Day weekend. I agree with your logic, they wouldn't air the first ep of S4 than make us wait two weeks for the next one.

So, the first Friday after Labor day Weekend is our target date for S4 to start? works for me. I just hope its true.

scifi_lemon
June 20th, 2007, 12:38 PM
They do not show any new eps Labor Day weekend. I agree with your logic, they wouldn't air the first ep of S4 than make us wait two weeks for the next one.

So, the first Friday after Labor day Weekend is our target date for S4 to start? works for me. I just hope its true.

Sounds good to me. :P

Redhooks
June 20th, 2007, 12:59 PM

Then October 5th for this episode sounds good to me!!

Gate Geek
June 20th, 2007, 01:08 PM

That will work perfectly. I'll actually be home that weekend.

I just realized, if they do indeed start in September, I'll have to check with hotel where we'll be staying at, if they have Sci Fi channel. I'm not missing any episodes - vaction or no.

Mitchell82
June 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
That will work perfectly. I'll actually be home that weekend.

I just realized, if they do indeed start in September, I'll have to check with hotel where we'll be staying at, if they have Sci Fi channel. I'm not missing any episodes - vaction or no.

I know how you feel and if not one word, VCR!;)

Gate Geek
June 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Oh, it will be recorded regardless. I always keep my tape copies until I buy the season on DVD. But it's just not the same as watching it live and being here chatting about it....

Mitchell82
June 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Oh, it will be recorded regardless. I always keep my tape copies until I buy the season on DVD. But it's just not the same as watching it live and being here chatting about it....

LOL same here.

scifi_lemon
June 20th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Who uses VCR's anymore? TiVo all the way! :P

Gate Geek
June 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Who uses VCR's anymore? TiVo all the way! :P

Ummm....I do. :o Got all the other cool geek type gadgets, but seeing as we hardly ever watch TV, we figure there is no need to invest in the high tech gadgets for it.

scifi_lemon
June 20th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Ummm....I do. :o Got all the other cool geek type gadgets, but seeing as we hardly ever watch TV, we figure there is no need to invest in the high tech gadgets for it.

I'm a TV addict so I got the best in the business XD

Redhooks
June 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Thinking back on this remark of mine, Oct. 5 sounds only OK to me now. Tomorrow would be awesome right after First Strike, Adrift, Lifeline, Reunion, and Doppelganger though!! :D

Alipeeps
June 21st, 2007, 01:16 AM
I'm a TV addict so I got the best in the business XD

I have a multi-region HDD DVD recorder... bought specifically because I wanted to buy the US region Season 1 DVD boxset of House! :lol: We already had a few US-region DVDs (like Firefly) and could only watch them on the laptop and we played UK DVDs through the PS2... so I suggested to hubby that we really should get a proper DVD player and we might as well get a multi-region one because we have some US DVDs... oh and co-incidentally, I'm about to buy some more US-region DVDs..... :lol:

Lauriel
June 21st, 2007, 01:19 AM
I'm using XBox and computer at the moment, but I agree Ali - my next DVD player is going to be multiregional. I have some DVDs I can't watch at the moment, and I'd like to get the US DVDs of SGA as well as the Region 4.

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM
I have a multi-region HDD DVD recorder... bought specifically because I wanted to buy the US region Season 1 DVD boxset of House! :lol: We already had a few US-region DVDs (like Firefly) and could only watch them on the laptop and we played UK DVDs through the PS2... so I suggested to hubby that we really should get a proper DVD player and we might as well get a multi-region one because we have some US DVDs... oh and co-incidentally, I'm about to buy some more US-region DVDs..... :lol:

Uhhh...you mean you can't play US DVDs on international DVD players? I didn't know that :o Huh, weird.

Go House!!! W00t!!!! *ahem* I guess we just have a thing for snark ;)

Integrabyte
June 21st, 2007, 12:11 PM
Uhhh...you mean you can't play US DVDs on international DVD players? I didn't know that :o Huh, weird.

Go House!!! W00t!!!! *ahem* I guess we just have a thing for snark ;)

Being on topic :P...

Multi zone with Zone free is not the same thing :). Not all International DVD players are zone free. Need to pay attention when you buy something like that :). In my little duchy in Europe DVD players come ZONE FREE. All of them ;). Slip in any DVD from zone 1 to 6 and presto you got NINTEDOS on the screen ;).

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Being on topic :P...

Multi zone with Zone free is not the same thing :). Not all International DVD players are zone free. Need to pay attention when you buy something like that :). In my little duchy in Europe DVD players come ZONE FREE. All of them ;). Slip in any DVD from zone 1 to 6 and presto you got NINTEDOS on the screen ;).

Well, now I know :P

Being back on topic...for real...;)

I Want More Travelers Info!!!!! :(

Redhooks
June 21st, 2007, 12:34 PM
I Want More Travelers Info!!!!! :(
I would be surprised to see anything new anytime soon. :( I hope I'm wrong, but...

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 08:41 PM
I would be surprised to see anything new anytime soon. :( I hope I'm wrong, but...

If we don't get any soon I think we are going to burst. These threads have already gone soooooo off topic.;)

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 08:47 PM
If we don't get any soon I think we are going to burst. These threads have already gone soooooo off topic.;)

I think that there are three mottos to the Season 4 forum: "Topic? What topic?" "Debate every little thing no matter how small" and my personal fave "Every tidbit of info is a spoiler until proven otherwise and even when JM says its not a spoiler its spoilerishness is still debatable."

And spoilerishness is a word. :P

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 08:55 PM
I think that there are three mottos to the Season 4 forum: "Topic? What topic?" "Debate every little thing no matter how small" and my personal fave "Every tidbit of info is a spoiler until proven otherwise and even when JM says its not a spoiler its spoilerishness is still debatable."

And spoilerishness is a word. :P

LOL at least there are some great movies to look forward too this summer, Die Hard 4 and Transformers to name a few.

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM
LOL at least there are some great movies to look forward too this summer, Die Hard 4 and Transformers to name a few.

Don't forget the Simpsons movie XD

Gate Geek
June 22nd, 2007, 04:48 AM
Don't forget the Simpsons movie XD

:lol: I was gonna say the Simpsons. It's the one I'm looking forward to the most. :)

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
:lol: I was gonna say the Simpsons. It's the one I'm looking forward to the most. :)

LOL mabey someone who live in LA will see RDA at that movie?!;) Not really looking foward to that, more of a John Mclane and Transformer fan. Really love the Yippee KI YA Mother ****er!

scifi_lemon
June 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
LOL mabey someone who live in LA will see RDA at that movie?!;) Not really looking foward to that, more of a John Mclane and Transformer fan. Really love the Yippee KI YA Mother ****er!

LOL! I loved that Simpsons ep. Did you see the one where they had the Stargate parady with "Blue'c"? ;)

I was really surprised by how cool the Transformer's movie looks. With other comic-to-movie films like the FF and the terrible emo Spiderman 3, I didn't really think TT was going to be any good. I was wrong! :)

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
LOL! I loved that Simpsons ep. Did you see the one where they had the Stargate parady with "Blue'c"? ;)

I was really surprised by how cool the Transformer's movie looks. With other comic-to-movie films like the FF and the terrible emo Spiderman 3, I didn't really think TT was going to be any good. I was wrong! :)

I did and did you see the Stargate Parody on South Park? A little vulger but funny. I agree with you on Fantastic Four, I am staying away from it after reading terrible reviews simply b/c fox did it again and made them cut way too much, disagree on Spidey though.

scifi_lemon
June 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
I did and did you see the Stargate Parody on South Park? A little vulger but funny. I agree with you on Fantastic Four, I am staying away from it after reading terrible reviews simply b/c fox did it again and made them cut way too much, disagree on Spidey though.

I don't usually watch South Park, but I'll have to go look for that ep. Any idea what it was called?

Well, the first two Spider-Man's were *awesome* but the third, well, I just felt like they were trying to do too much in and didn't do it all well. Venom Gobby Jr. and Sandman are all cool characters and deserved their *own* movies. Plus the fact that Tobey Maguire cannot act "bad". Yes, putting hair in front of your face and wearing eyeliner really makes you look evil.

Don't forget the crying "I can change!" bridge sceen that had everyone in the theater LMAO-ing and yelling "gay!" at the screen. It was rediculiously cheesy IMO, but entertianing if you like to mock things, like me :)

Plus what was up with the butler revealing at the end that he knew Peter wasn't reasponisble the whole freakin time??? Why didn't he say something *before* all that happened? Because the writers (if there were any. I wouldn't be suprised if there weren't.) are idiots, that's why.

And don't get me started on Mary Jane or the Spider-Man parade ;)

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
I don't usually watch South Park, but I'll have to go look for that ep. Any idea what it was called?

Well, the first two Spider-Man's were *awesome* but the third, well, I just felt like they were trying to do too much in and didn't do it all well. Venom Gobby Jr. and Sandman are all cool characters and deserved their *own* movies. Plus the fact that Tobey Maguire cannot act "bad". Yes, putting hair in front of your face and wearing eyeliner really makes you look evil.

Don't forget the crying "I can change!" bridge sceen that had everyone in the theater LMAO-ing and yelling "gay!" at the screen. It was rediculiously cheesy IMO, but entertianing if you like to mock things, like me :)

Plus what was up with the butler revealing at the end that he knew Peter wasn't reasponisble the whole freakin time??? Why didn't he say something *before* all that happened? Because the writers (if there were any. I wouldn't be suprised if there weren't.) are idiots, that's why.

And don't get me started on Mary Jane or the Spider-Man parade ;)

It's a two part season 10 ep entitled Go God Go. Cartman want's a Wii and he is very impatinent in order to get it he freezes himself and wakes up in the future and there are portal's that look like Stargates and the factions are making fun of the Lucian Alliance and they have Jaffa Armor. The spoofs are obvious if you're a Stargate fan. As to Spidey hell must have frozen over as we have to agree to disagree on that.;)

Gate Geek
June 22nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
It's a two part season 10 ep entitled Go God Go. Cartman want's a Wii and he is very impatinent in order to get it he freezes himself and wakes up in the future and there are portal's that look like Stargates and the factions are making fun of the Lucian Alliance and they have Jaffa Armor. The spoofs are obvious if you're a Stargate fan. As to Spidey hell must have frozen over as we have to agree to disagree on that.;)

I loved that south Park episode. I couldn't stop laughing.

Never watched or read Spidy or the FF or the Transformers. So no comment from this peanut gallery.

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
I loved that south Park episode. I couldn't stop laughing.

Never watched or read Spidy or the FF or the Transformers. So no comment from this peanut gallery.

No comment?! YOU?! :jack_new_anime05::jack_new_anime04::jack_new15: Hell has indeed frozen over! Agree on that ep it was hilarious.

Gate Geek
June 22nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
No comment?! YOU?! :jack_new_anime05::jack_new_anime04::jack_new15: Hell has indeed frozen over! Agree on that ep it was hilarious.

NO!!!!!!!!!! I like hell nice and hot!

*Erika*
June 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!! I like hell nice and hot!
Just like the guy that is going to be in this eppy!

Gate Geek
June 22nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
Just like the guy that is going to be in this eppy!

Which guy is that? Is that one of the gate techs? ;) It's been so long......what's this ep about again?

*Erika*
June 22nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Which guy is that? Is that one of the gate techs? ;) It's been so long......what's this ep about again?
I don't know, someting called whump. But I have no idea what it means.

jenks
June 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM

It's debatable wether threre was a parody at all, I've seen the episode a few times and I just don't see it, at all. There's a door that opens a bit like an iris, and some clothing that looks a bit like Jaffa armour if you look, but other than that there's nothing. When southpark do a parody they are anything but subtle, there might be a slight nod toward stargate in there at most, personally I don't even think there's that.

Gate Geek
June 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
I don't know, someting called whump. But I have no idea what it means.

Whump??? Huh, never heard of it. Wonder if its any good.....

*Erika*
June 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
Whump??? Huh, never heard of it. Wonder if its any good.....
It doesn't sound like it's good... apparently there are people that like seeing Shep geting hurt! :eek:

Gate Geek
June 22nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
It doesn't sound like it's good... apparently there are people that like seeing Shep geting hurt! :eek:

Are they sickos or something?? Shep getting hurt? Who would want to see that? ;)

how does Shep get hurt in this ep? Any ideas? I must go in being prepared....

*Erika*
June 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
Are they sickos or something?? Shep getting hurt? Who would want to see that? ;)

how does Shep get hurt in this ep? Any ideas? I must go in being prepared....
I'm not looking foward to the ep at all. Why would I want to see Shep being tied up and beaten by the travelers???

Gate Geek
June 22nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
I'm not looking foward to the ep at all. Why would I want to see Shep being tied up and beaten by the travelers???

Very true. i thought I read something about taking his blood and forcing him to use his ATA gene. wonder what that's all about.

*Erika*
June 22nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Very true. i thought I read something about taking his blood and forcing him to use his ATA gene. wonder what that's all about.
Maybe they are vampires! :eek:

Redhooks
June 22nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
Maybe they are vampires! :eek:

No, No, No!!! That was Jill Wagner's LAST TV job. ;)

Sheppard's Delight
June 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM

Oh my !!! Now that is just plain sick!!!!! :eek:

*Erika*
June 22nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
No, No, No!!! That was Jill Wagner's LAST TV job. ;)
Mmmm... *imagines JF on Blade*

Redhooks
June 22nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
Mmmm... *imagines JF on Blade*
I don't think you would want to. :eek: If some people think there is bad writing sometimes on SGA or SG-1, it was far more prevalent on Blade: The Series, especially the early episodes. The only good thing about it to me was Jill got a lot of acting experience which I think showed if you look at her in the pilot and in the series finale.

Here is a link to a post in L/JW thunk thread that has a promo shot of Jill as a "Vampire." http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6707231&postcount=3

*Erika*
June 22nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
I don't think you would want to. :eek: If some people think there is bad writing sometimes on SGA or SG-1, it was far more prevalent on Blade: The Series, especially the early episodes. The only good thing about it to me was Jill got a lot of acting experience which I think showed if you look at her in the pilot and in the series finale.
Hmmm... maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that I didn't watch it then.

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM

Ah come on whump is so much fun.;)

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 05:20 PM

Here is a link to a post in L/JW thunk thread that has a promo shot of Jill as a "Vampire." http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6707231&postcount=3

Oh god blade reinvented bad writing. Trust me your not missing a thing.

scifi_lemon
June 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM

What's happened? We used to be "ITA" this and "Indeed" that. Now, we're "agreeing to disagree"! :eek: I think it's getting chilly waaaay down south ;)

I never understood the appeal of "whump". Haven't they already done the vampire thing with the Wraith though?

ugh, we're all kidding about the whump thing right? Right? Please tell me your just joking... :S

;)

Redhooks
June 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Oh god blade reinvented bad writing. Trust me your not missing a thing.
Now with the announcement that SGA will start season 4 in September and if the airing order doesn't change, this episode will air in October. Still too far from now in my opinion. :(

OT:
Yes, I think it was a bad idea to have such a one-dimensional comic book character the basis for a TV series. In the Blade movies, you didn't need a lot of backstory, just the immediate problem and a lot of fight scenes. You can't do that in a series because it gets boring.
I only just recently saw the entire series because I became more a fan of Jill at the end of the original broadcast of the series. Plus I don't care for Vampire-themed stuff and hated seeing Jill as one. I like to think of her more as the image she projects in the Mercury car commercials. As I said previously, I think Jill got better as an actress between the pilot and the finale. It was her first regular role and especially with her as the female lead, some people didn't think she had enough experience to pull it off. It didn't help with the very poor writing near the beginning of the series, but it got better at the end. It still didn't deserve a second season in my opinion though.

Gate Geek
June 23rd, 2007, 04:55 AM
What's happened? We used to be "ITA" this and "Indeed" that. Now, we're "agreeing to disagree"! :eek: I think it's getting chilly waaaay down south ;)

I never understood the appeal of "whump". Haven't they already done the vampire thing with the Wraith though?

ugh, we're all kidding about the whump thing right? Right? Please tell me your just joking... :S

;)

Oh yeah...seriuosly, I gotta have my whump of the Sheppy kind. It's what makes a great eppy even greater. :D :D

bound, beaten, blood drawn and forced to use his ATA gene....*sighs contently* Life is nearly complete.

*Erika*
June 23rd, 2007, 05:05 AM
Oh yeah...seriuosly, I gotta have my whump of the Sheppy kind. It's what makes a great eppy even greater. :D :D

bound, beaten, blood drawn and forced to use his ATA gene....*sighs contently* Life is nearly complete.
It will be complete in September!!!

Gate Geek
June 23rd, 2007, 05:13 AM
It will be complete in September!!!

True. Atl east until the next whumpy episode.......

Redhooks
June 23rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
If the current airing order stays the same, you will get two whumping Shep episodes in a row, DG and this one!!!

I found a great and funny behind the scenes video on Youtube on Danny Ducovny (David's older brother.) He is a commercial director and has directed most of the Mercury commercials with Jill Wagner in it. There is some great little bits with Jill in it. See it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yETJrRc6AYY

scifi_lemon
June 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM

And that's the way it should be ;) Three cheers for Shep whump! Hip hip Horay! Hip-hip Horay! Hip-hip Horay!!!

(I'm so weird :P)

Mitchell82
June 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM

Just about Spiderman 3 my friend. We seem to agree quite abit on Stargate so no worries my friend.

Gate Geek
June 23rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
And that's the way it should be ;) Three cheers for Shep whump! Hip hip Horay! Hip-hip Horay! Hip-hip Horay!!!

(I'm so weird :P)

You're not weird, you're a WHUMPER!! There's a big difference. :)

Redhooks
June 23rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
After seeing the video I posted the link to earlier a few times (:)), I am really going to be listening closely to Larrin's dialogue and see if Jill was able to lose her North Carolina accent. She managed to do it in BTS most of the time but it did sneak through on occasion. I can just see it now, all the discussion of her accent after this episode airs. :rolleyes:

scifi_lemon
June 23rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Just about Spiderman 3 my friend. We seem to agree quite abit on Stargate so no worries my friend.

*wipes no exisitant sweat from brow* Whew! That's a relief ;)

You're not weird, you're a WHUMPER!! There's a big difference. :)

Glad I got that straightened out :)

Mitchell82
June 24th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Indeed.

Gate Geek
June 24th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Glad I got that straightened out :)

OMG!! I absolutely love your Recliner of doom avatar in your siggie!! That would be uber cool as a sig in and of itself! *is jealous* Post more so I can look at it and laugh. :)

scifi_lemon
June 24th, 2007, 02:57 PM
OMG!! I absolutely love your Recliner of doom avatar in your siggie!! That would be uber cool as a sig in and of itself! *is jealous* Post more so I can look at it and laugh. :)

Isn't it awesome? I need to reformate it, make it bigger...but I like having a bunch of little ones...hmm...*runs off to make new sig*

Gate Geek
June 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Isn't it awesome? I need to reformate it, make it bigger...but I like having a bunch of little ones...hmm...*runs off to make new sig*

Thanks for posting!! please share your new sig! I would love to see it!!!

so, you think anyone is going to make good whumpy sigs from travelers after it airs?

scifi_lemon
June 24th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks for posting!! please share your new sig! I would love to see it!!!

so, you think anyone is going to make good whumpy sigs from travelers after it airs?

Oh, I hope so!!! Did you see the clips from DP in the promos? I think a sig needs to be made from that. ;)

So, what do you think I should make a new sig with? I want to do something with Shep...and it has to be funny...hmm...

Gate Geek
June 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Oh, I hope so!!! Did you see the clips from DP in the promos? I think a sig needs to be made from that. ;)

So, what do you think I should make a new sig with? I want to do something with Shep...and it has to be funny...hmm...

:lol: you're asking me?? I can't make sigs. I beg them from others.

so...something funny..with Shep....damn, i got nothing.....I'll give it some thought.

scifi_lemon
June 24th, 2007, 06:44 PM

so...something funny..with Shep....damn, i got nothing.....I'll give it some thought.

I usually steal mine ;) I robbed all of the ones in my sig from more talented people across the web. But I've been meaning to get a sig the "honest" way by making one.

Oh, what about a Pro Ancient!Shep sig? Huh? Huh? Or not. :)

Redhooks
June 25th, 2007, 12:29 AM

I usually steal mine ;) I robbed all of the ones in my sig from more talented people across the web. But I've been meaning to get a sig the "honest" way by making one.

Oh, what about a Pro Ancient!Shep sig? Huh? Huh? Or not. :)

Do people usually make the sigs in photoshop or similar type software? I want to make one with Larrin in it, but I will wait until some promo pictures are released. Even though the vid caps from the JM & PM video are nice, they aren't very clear. :( I will have time to think up a snappy saying though since we probably won't get any promo pics of Larrin/Jill until just before this episode airs.

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 09:36 AM

A funny shep scene? Hmmm can't think of one but a good whumpy one would be either from 38 minutes or conversion.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Do people usually make the sigs in photoshop or similar type software? I want to make one with Larrin in it, but I will wait until some promo pictures are released. Even though the vid caps from the JM & PM video are nice, they aren't very clear. :( I will have time to think up a snappy saying though since we probably won't get any promo pics of Larrin/Jill until just before this episode airs.

I usually do mine in paint :o but yeah more talented people ususally use photoshop or something like that.

For a Larrin sig...maybe something like "There's a New Doctor in Atlantis" or something. I dunno, why do you like that character? Once you can put a finger on it, use that in your sig.

Redhooks
June 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I usually do mine in paint :o but yeah more talented people ususally use photoshop or something like that.

For a Larrin sig...maybe something like "There's a New Doctor in Atlantis" or something. I dunno, why do you like that character? Once you can put a finger on it, use that in your sig.
Thanks, maybe I'll try that out.

Actually, you have characters mixed up. ;) I sort have one and want to know what you think. "Larrin, she makes space pirates look good!" :D

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks, maybe I'll try that out.

Actually, you have characters mixed up. ;) I sort have one and want to know what you think. "Larrin, she makes space pirates look good!" :D

oh, oops :o

Sounds good to me lol!

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM
oh, oops :o

Sounds good to me lol!

Are you loosing you mind on us?!

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM

I think I lost it when I joined GW ;)

But, no I do get Keller and Larrin confused. They're both new women, it's easy to get them mixed up! For me, anyway :P

Gate Geek
June 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM

I think we all are from LACK OF SPOILERS!!!!!

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I think we all are from LACK OF SPOILERS!!!!!

I know! DAMN PTB GIVE US SOMETHING!

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I know! DAMN PTB GIVE US SOMETHING!

Since we know the plot...I want pics!!!! SHep-whump filled pics!!! :comeon:

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Indeed something is better than nothing and pics would be great!

Lauriel
June 25th, 2007, 10:25 PM
*runs into thread*

SQEEEEEE for Travell.....

*stops and stares blankly*

What was I saying?

*realises she has finally gone insane from lack of spoilers and s4 and wanders folornly back out of the thread*

Redhooks
June 25th, 2007, 11:30 PM

Well, I would like some great Larrin pics so I can try and make that sig pic. :D:D

Indeed something is better than nothing and pics would be great!

But "Something For Nothing" is an awesome song!!!
*runs out and starts singing, "Waiting for the winds of change, to sweep the clouds away!!!!!*

*runs into thread*

SQEEEEEE for Travell.....

*stops and stares blankly*

What was I saying?

*realises she has finally gone insane from lack of spoilers and s4 and wanders folornly back out of the thread*

No need to leave. Come back, come back! We have ALL gone insane.