PDA

View Full Version : The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Gate Geek
May 4th, 2007, 02:16 PM
If SGA was broadcast on CBC and not a cable channel in Canada, I could watch it because I get CBC from Windsor, Ontario which is just south of Detroit across the Detroit River. I know what you are thinking; south?? Yes, there is a part of Ontario that is south of Detroit. I can't just think of Canada as the Great White North!!! Just a quirk of geography. :)

Detriot huh? Well, I'm on the west side of Michigan...Green Bay. Nice to meet another so close to home. :D

We planned a trip to Niagara NY going through lower MI and south into Canada.

Don't forget Minnesota is the northern most state in the lower 48.

Oh, wait, Travelers thread is supposed to be about an SGA episode?

scifi_lemon
May 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Don't worry about it. If I didn't want to see spoilers, I wouldn't be in the season 4 area!!! :D :D :D

:lol: I'm in the States too (Southern California), but couldn't resist watching a couple of the episodes on youtube before the evil lawyers took them off ;)

But Tao of Rodney's on tonight!!!! Whooo!! Whumpage of the Rodney kind!!! Sheppy whump like in Travelers is always so much better, though. I guess it's because of this :sheppardanime32: :D

Mitchell82
May 4th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Shep doing recon alone probably wouldn't be a problem, he's had enough experience in the military doing rescue missions and recon etc.

Its starting to sound like a Voyager ep - where one of the male characters goes on recon alone...
If they play it like its a normal thing for Shep to be flying alone then it will come across ok.

Yeah he does have enough experience to go on recon alone so it could be.

Redhooks
May 5th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah he does have enough experience to go on recon alone so it could be.

To me, it doesn't matter whether or not he has enough experience to go on a recon alone. It doesn't make sense that he would without his team. I can't remember an episode when he is in the PJ that someone is not with him except for The Return, part 1 in the gate bridge; Hot Zone when he deploys the Naquadah generator to create an EM pulse; Sanctuary at the end after Chaya turns into energy and goes thru the stargate back to Proculus. The first two he was alone because of the danger and the last one was because he was thinking with his other brain. :D At the beginning of Sanctuary, the whole team was on the recon mission. Any other times he is alone in the PJ up to Tao of Rodney that I missed please let me know.

After seeing Tao of Rodney, I agree with the person who posted about him on a test flight of the PJ's hyperdrive.

Sheppard's Delight
May 5th, 2007, 12:34 AM
To me, it doesn't matter whether or not he has enough experience to go on a recon alone. It doesn't make sense that he would without his team. I can't remember an episode when he is in the PJ that someone is not with him except for The Return, part 1 in the gate bridge; Hot Zone when he deploys the Naquah (sp?) generator to create an EMP pulse; Sanctuary at the end after Chaya turns into energy and goes thru the stargate back to Proculus. The first two he was alone because of the danger and the last one was because he was thinking with his other brain. :D At the beginning of Sanctuary, the whole team was on the recon mission. Any other times he is alone in the PJ that I missed please let me know.

After seeing Tao of Rodney, I agree with the person who posted about him on a test flight of the PJ's hyperdrive.

Well I think he went alone in the end of s3 epFirst Strike....which you may not have seen yet. To assess how successful the strike had been

Cam_Mitchell
May 5th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Sounds..... Goood To Me!

--Gaz--

Mitchell82
May 5th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well I think he went alone in the end of s3 epFirst Strike....which you may not have seen yet. To assess how successful the strike had been

He did and the military send just a lone soldier on recon all the time.

scifi_lemon
May 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM
To me, it doesn't matter whether or not he has enough experience to go on a recon alone. It doesn't make sense that he would without his team. I can't remember an episode when he is in the PJ that someone is not with him except for The Return, part 1 in the gate bridge; Hot Zone when he deploys the Naquadah generator to create an EM pulse; Sanctuary at the end after Chaya turns into energy and goes thru the stargate back to Proculus. The first two he was alone because of the danger and the last one was because he was thinking with his other brain. :D At the beginning of Sanctuary, the whole team was on the recon mission. Any other times he is alone in the PJ up to Tao of Rodney that I missed please let me know.

That was me and thanks for agreeing ;)

sherryw
May 5th, 2007, 11:33 AM

I actually think that he's just doing a quick sensor reading on the satellite that is orbiting the stargate. Probably something they think is only going to take a few minutes, but we know better don't we. :D

Redhooks
May 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
That was me and thanks for agreeing ;)

Sorry for not giving you props Scifi_lemon, I was too lazy to look back at the previous posts. :o

SherryW:
I actually think that he's just doing a quick sensor reading on the satellite that is orbiting the stargate. Probably something they think is only going to take a few minutes, but we know better don't we.

As far as the satellite orbiting the gate, I think that while testing the PJ's hyperdrive, they wanted to try to come out of hyperspace near a gate in case something went wrong with the test. When Sheppard finds the satellite on his sensors, he goes to investigate and the satellite somehow disables the PJ.

This speculation is getting me inpatient as to when this will air. It wouldn't be bad if I knew the season started in July and not "in the Fall." *Patience, Patience*

Ltcolshepjumper
May 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM

Is this satellite near a planet? If it is then it would seem more believable that he is alone in the jumper. I could see Shep out in a jumper alone for a number of reasons, although I hope it is for testing the hyperdrive.

Lauriel
May 5th, 2007, 06:04 PM
In FS they also evacuated non essential crew, so they don't have as many people. If they haven't got them back yet, it may be a question of manpower - too much to do and not enough people to do it. Shep may be in a jumper alone because the others are needed elsewhere, especially if it is a simple thing like recon.

sherryw
May 5th, 2007, 07:59 PM
In FS they also evacuated non essential crew, so they don't have as many people. If they haven't got them back yet, it may be a question of manpower - too much to do and not enough people to do it. Shep may be in a jumper alone because the others are needed elsewhere, especially if it is a simple thing like recon.

Good point Lauriel.

scifi_lemon
May 5th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Sorry for not giving you props Scifi_lemon, I was too lazy to look back at the previous posts. :o

As far as the satellite orbiting the gate, I think that while testing the PJ's hyperdrive, they wanted to try to come out of hyperspace near a gate in case something went wrong with the test. When Sheppard finds the satellite on his sensors, he goes to investigate and the satellite somehow disables the PJ.

This speculation is getting me inpatient as to when this will air. It wouldn't be bad if I knew the season started in July and not "in the Fall." *Patience, Patience*

Hey, I understand. I'm lazy by nature as well :P I agree with about Shep testing the PJ hyperdrive and investigating the satellite. TPTB should air it in July. It'd make up for the 6 months we had to wait for the second half of Season 3 ;)

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 10:31 AM

Very good point. Shep could be scouting for a possible safe planet to land Atlantis on.

scifi_lemon
May 6th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Very good point. Shep could be scouting for a possible safe planet to land Atlantis on.

I agree about everything except Shep looking for a place for Atlantis to land. This is gonna be what, the fourth or fifith (ugh, can't spell) episode so I would think that they already landed. Didn't McKay say in FS that he found a planet?

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I agree about everything except Shep looking for a place for Atlantis to land. This is gonna be what, the fourth or fifith (ugh, can't spell) episode so I would think that they already landed. Didn't McKay say in FS that he found a planet?

Yeah but we never made it and even with repairs we may not make it there but you make a good point. Shep is likely just doing recon mabey seeing where the Asurans are?

scifi_lemon
May 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah but we never made it and even with repairs we may not make it there but you make a good point. Shep is likely just doing recon mabey seeing where the Asurans are?

I still think that he's testing the PJ hyperdrive... but to each his own ;)

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I still think that he's testing the PJ hyperdrive... but to each his own ;)

Thats right I forgot about that so thats possible too.

Redhooks
May 6th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Well, we know that the "A" plot is Shep getting captured, but any thoughts on a "B" plot, if any? Maybe about the PJ hyperdrive if some of our speculation is correct? Any thoughts?

scifi_lemon
May 7th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Well, we know that the "A" plot is Shep getting captured, but any thoughts on a "B" plot, if any? Maybe about the PJ hyperdrive if some of our speculation is correct? Any thoughts?

Well, maybe we find out the hyperdrive does work and the possible ramifications of that. But I think that we're gonna get one A plot.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Well, maybe we find out the hyperdrive does work and the possible ramifications of that. But I think that we're gonna get one A plot.

Most likely but I guess the B plot could be testing out the hyperdrive Shepard but something goes wrong b/c before the mission Mckay fiddled with it.

scifi_lemon
May 7th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Most likely but I guess the B plot could be testing out the hyperdrive Shepard but something goes wrong b/c before the mission Mckay fiddled with it.

Ditto. Any B plot would deal with the PJ hyperdrive, methinks.

sherryw
May 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM

Well I have a feeling that most of the episode they are going to try and locate Sheppard. I do have a feeling that the Wraith will show up towards the end and that Shep may have to help them against his will in order to live. Not sure if that was mentioned or not.

Redhooks
May 7th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Spoiler for OT info for Jill Wagner (Larrin):

For those who have never seen any clips of Jill Wagner here is a link to a clip of MTV's Punk'd show where she was a "Field Agent" for the 2nd season. The clip is of her and Movie Director McG punking Katie Holmes (before Tom Cruise punked her. :) :) ) There are more clips of her from this season, but this is the funniest IMHO. Enjoy!!

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1556553&vid=142126

You also can see some of her commercials for Mercury Automobiles (Ford) at:

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/extras/tvads.asp

scifi_lemon
May 8th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Well I have a feeling that most of the episode they are going to try and locate Sheppard. I do have a feeling that the Wraith will show up towards the end and that Shep may have to help them against his will in order to live. Not sure if that was mentioned or not.

I'm not sure if the Wraith were mentioned, but it makes sense.

Gate Geek
May 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM
*sigh* Is it S4 yet? I need some new eppys. Especially ones involving bound and beaten, forced to use ATA gene kind of eppy.

I think the wraith showiing up is a good call. Just so long aswhatever happens, Shep gets rescused by his team and not released by his captors for helping to 'save the day' or something else equally lame.

Listy
May 8th, 2007, 11:41 AM

For those who have never seen any clips of Jill Wagner here is a link to a clip of MTV's Punk'd show where she was a "Field Agent" for the 2nd season. The clip is of her and Movie Director McG punking Katie Holmes (before Tom Cruise punked her. :) :) ) There are more clips of her from this season, but this is the funniest IMHO. Enjoy!!

Cool thanks :D

*sigh* Is it S4 yet? I need some new eppys. Especially ones involving bound and beaten, forced to use ATA gene kind of eppy.

I think the wraith showiing up is a good call. Just so long aswhatever happens, Shep gets rescused by his team and not released by his captors for helping to 'save the day' or something else equally lame.

Oh I agree, I don't want him to be released I want more of a struggle!!

Linzi
May 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Thanks! The first link wouldn't work because it says it can't be shown out of the USA, but I looked at the others, so thanks for those. :)

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cool thanks :D

Oh I agree, I don't want him to be released I want more of a struggle!!

Yes he must have to fight for his life. I want a CG style episode.

scifi_lemon
May 8th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Yes he must have to fight for his life. I want a CG style episode.

Definitely. The more whump the better :P

Mitchell82
May 8th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Definitely. The more whump the better :P

Now now are you telling me you want lots and lots of shep bruised broken and bleeding all over Dr. Keller and Mckay?:jack_new_anime04:

scifi_lemon
May 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Now now are you telling me you want lots and lots of shep bruised broken and bleeding all over Dr. Keller and Mckay?:jack_new_anime04:

Yesssssss!!!! MUHAHAHA!!!! A little bit of cardiac arrest would be nice too ;) On second thought, scratch that. I still have nightmares from 38 minutes. The chest hair... *shudders* :weiranime33:

sherryw
May 8th, 2007, 09:07 PM

Oh I agree I'm hoping that they do the rescuing and not the other way around. I wish it were S4 already.

Alipeeps
May 8th, 2007, 11:56 PM

Uh... yes? Yes please?! :D

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yesssssss!!!! MUHAHAHA!!!! A little bit of cardiac arrest would be nice too ;) On second thought, scratch that. I still have nightmares from 38 minutes. The chest hair... *shudders* :weiranime33:

Yeah that bothered me too. I don't want to see his chest hair again though that is one of my favorite whump eps.

scifi_lemon
May 9th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah that bothered me too. I don't want to see his chest hair again though that is one of my favorite whump eps.

It's one of my fave eps and contains one of the best quotes...

"I apologize that I am the only one who truely comprehends how *screwed* we are!" -McKay

<3 that ;)

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2007, 04:27 PM
It's one of my fave eps and contains one of the best quotes...

"I apologize that I am the only one who truely comprehends how *screwed* we are!" -McKay

<3 that ;)

I love that too and one of my other favorite quotes is in the Seige I think, "As much as you might like to think I'm NOT SUPERMAN!";)

Alipeeps
May 9th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I love that too and one of my other favorite quotes is in the Seige I think, "As much as you might like to think I'm NOT SUPERMAN!";)

That was The Storm. Love the way Sheppard just looks round the room and says, "Was anyone actually thinking that?" :lol:

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2007, 04:41 PM
That was The Storm. Love the way Sheppard just looks round the room and says, "Was anyone actually thinking that?" :lol:

That was my second thought. I couldnt remember though every time I see it I LMAO!

scifi_lemon
May 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM
That was my second thought. I couldnt remember though every time I see it I LMAO!

Same here! I love in Childhood's End when McKay is "fighting" the kids and they say, "You're mean!" and he responds "Thank you for finally noticing!"

Ahhh... good times, good times. :P

Mitchell82
May 10th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Same here! I love in Childhood's End when McKay is "fighting" the kids and they say, "You're mean!" and he responds "Thank you for finally noticing!"

Ahhh... good times, good times. :P

Many good times though the ep where Zelenka comes back with weaves in his hair and face paint is priceless.

scifi_lemon
May 10th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Many good times though the ep where Zelenka comes back with weaves in his hair and face paint is priceless.

Tech equipment: $30,000

Operating Stargate on Atlantis: classifyed

Getting revenge by sending your co-worker to the children planet: priceless

There's somethings money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard.

:P

Mitchell82
May 10th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Tech equipment: $30,000

Operating Stargate on Atlantis: classifyed

Getting revenge by sending your co-worker to the children planet: priceless

There's somethings money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard.

:P

:lol: You should send that to TPTB as a suggestion for advertising.

scifi_lemon
May 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM
:lol: You should send that to TPTB as a suggestion for advertising.

Well, I heard that Wraith and Goa'ulds (well, people that act like them :P) work there, so I don't know... :lol:

Mitchell82
May 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Well, I heard that Wraith and Goa'ulds (well, people that act like them :P) work there, so I don't know... :lol:

:lol:

scifi_lemon
May 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM

Yay, four lol's in a row. I feel special ;)

Mitchell82
May 11th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Yay, four lol's in a row. I feel special ;)

Don't let it go to your head now!:jack_new15: :jack_new_anime18:

scifi_lemon
May 11th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Don't let it go to your head now!:jack_new15: :jack_new_anime18:

Don't worry, I'm no McKay... lol

Gate Geek
May 12th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Don't worry, I'm no McKay... lol

Thank god for that!!! It's bad enough, I have an eight year old who thinks he is... :mckay:

obsessed1
May 12th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Thank god for that!!! It's bad enough, I have an eight year old who thinks he is... :mckay:
get him a skateboard, some avaitors and feed him up on turkey sandwichs :D

Lauriel
May 12th, 2007, 07:16 AM

:lol: :lol: That's bound to counter any Rodneyish traits. :D

scifi_lemon
May 12th, 2007, 08:36 AM
:lol: :lol: That's bound to counter any Rodneyish traits. :D

You might want to consider buying him a guitar.... or maybe just Guitar Hero II. :P

Steve_the_Wraith
May 12th, 2007, 09:02 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/SteveWraith/normal_criicalmass_378.jpg

Rootortoise
May 12th, 2007, 09:08 AM
oh dear we really need some new spoilers for this ep.....when was the last time we were actually on topic :lol:

Lauriel
May 12th, 2007, 09:43 AM
oh dear we really need some new spoilers for this ep.....when was the last time we were actually on topic :lol:

*adopts horrendous stereotypical Mexican accent* Topic? We don't need no stinkin' topic. :D:D

scifi_lemon
May 12th, 2007, 09:56 AM

OMG that awesome!!!!! My joke was used in something!!! :D:D:D:D:D Great job Steve_the_Wraith, you're my hero :P

scifi_lemon
May 12th, 2007, 09:58 AM
*adopts horrendous stereotypical Mexican accent* Topic? We don't need no stinkin' topic. :D:D

*looks around* There was a topic? Huh, what do you know :P

Listy
May 12th, 2007, 11:39 AM
*gigglesnort* imagines GG going to barbers with mini McKay and a pic of shep and saying "behold teh hair make him look like this!"

OMG that is just too funny, mind if I snurch? can just imagine a whole range of these for all the different characters :D

*looks around* There was a topic? Huh, what do you know :P

Really there was?? I'm intrigued *looks up at title* oh yeah :D

scifi_lemon
May 12th, 2007, 12:48 PM
*gigglesnort* imagines GG going to barbers with mini McKay and a pic of shep and saying "behold teh hair make him look like this!"

OMG that is just too funny, mind if I snurch? can just imagine a whole range of these for all the different characters :D

Snurch away. ;) We should have a bunch of those! We need more ideas!

*looks at title* I thought that it meant we're travellers that 'travel' through unrelated topics. What do you know? ;)

Steve_the_Wraith
May 12th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Come up with the ideas I'll make the pictures

Listy
May 12th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Cool :D maybe you should start a thread for it :D

Snurch away. ;) We should have a bunch of those! We need more ideas!

*looks at title* I thought that it meant we're travellers that 'travel' through unrelated topics. What do you know? ;)

Redhooks
May 12th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Since there hasn't been much spoiler material for this episode lately and trying to stay somewhat on topic, :) I am going to speculate that Larrin's people will keep the Ancient ship they have and will use it to help Atlantis in either episode "Be All My Sins Remember'd" or unamed episode 412 written by Alan McCullough (sp?). I believe JM stated there would be space battles in at least the first one or was it spaceship tech, I can't remember. Any comments?

scifi_lemon
May 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Since there hasn't been much spoiler material for this episode lately and trying to stay somewhat on topic, :) I am going to speculate that Larrin's people will keep the Ancient ship they have and will use it to help Atlantis in either episode "Be All My Sins Remember'd" or unamed episode 412 written by Alan McCullough (sp?). I believe JM stated there would be space battles in at least the first one or was it spaceship tech, I can't remember. Any comments?

Great idea!! Makes a lot of sense.

scifi_lemon
May 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM

Thanks! I suck at things like PhotoShop ;)

Cool :D maybe you should start a thread for it :D

Awesome idea! Where should this thread be located? Thoughts anyone?

Gate Geek
May 13th, 2007, 06:15 AM

Hmm....he already devours Turkey sandwiches, is convinced he will be an air force pilot and well..skateboards....*shudders* His high toleraence for pain would come in handy I'd think.

A title? Wow, I missed that too. *shrugs*

I tried the hair thing. It went well until we got to the gel......

Gate Geek
May 13th, 2007, 06:21 AM

Argh! I thought added this in my multi-quote. Shows what I know...

I like this idea as long as the ship doesn't get blown up right away. It would be nice to keep one around - even if Atlantis doesn't technically get it.

Wasn't it mentioned that we would see Larrin's people again? It could be a rather fun alliance I would think."Keep your friends close and you're enemies closer" type mentality. So where will Larrin's people be? A friend, an enemy, a hybrid like the Genii? Useful only when we need something?

Will Larrin come to Atlantis with the ship or will Atlantis try to contact Larrin's people? Why am I asking so many questions this early in the morning?

scifi_lemon
May 13th, 2007, 08:59 AM
I like this idea as long as the ship doesn't get blown up right away. It would be nice to keep one around - even if Atlantis doesn't technically get it.

Wasn't it mentioned that we would see Larrin's people again? It could be a rather fun alliance I would think."Keep your friends close and you're enemies closer" type mentality. So where will Larrin's people be? A friend, an enemy, a hybrid like the Genii? Useful only when we need something?

Will Larrin come to Atlantis with the ship or will Atlantis try to contact Larrin's people? Why am I asking so many questions this early in the morning?

I really hope that they don't get blown up quickly. It'd be nice to have allies that are close to our level of technology. I think that the Travelers will be Genii like, always on our toes and wary of them but still being allies. I think that Atlantis wil have to contact them, unless the 'battle' is greater than we know.

Redhooks
May 13th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I really hope that they don't get blown up quickly. It'd be nice to have allies that are close to our level of technology. I think that the Travelers will be Genii like, always on our toes and wary of them but still being allies. I think that Atlantis wil have to contact them, unless the 'battle' is greater than we know.

In some respects, the Travelers will probably have more knowledge of the Ancestor's tech than we do, because they have been gathering all that they can of it ever since they began living on their ship. The biggest advantage we have is the ATA gene. I watched Rising again yesterday and McKay was trying to create an interface with the weapons chair in the Antartica outpost, so that non-ATA gene people could operate it. This is exactly what the Travelers are trying to do. I think the Travelers level of Technology would be comparable to ours or better before we had access to the Lantean database in Atlantis.

Originally Posted by Gate Geek

JM answered in his blog that we would see them at least once in the back half of season 4 and I agree with you that the Travelers will be treated with the same caution and skepticism we now treat the Genii with.

I was speculating (and hoping) that we would see them early in the backhalf of the season and might see them again later near the end of it. One reason is that

Jill Wagner stated in her MySpace blog that she will be going back to shoot another episode in a few weeks.

Listy
May 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM

Spoilers for OT request :D

If you get bored.....

Its a pretty obvious one :D I don't do subtle :D

Season one - Hide and seek ep. No idea how much a personal shield is but pushing Rodney of a balcony is definitely priceless :D
[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o201/listy1980/JF%20JS/js12-1.jpg

If you don't want to post it in here because its OT, you could post it in the JF thunk thread :D

I would be very grateful, it would make me giggle.

Steve_the_Wraith
May 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/SteveWraith/js12-1.jpg

Edit: fixed, you may need to refresh to see

Listy
May 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Oh that is just priceless thank you so much tried to green you but couldn't :D

I have snurched, you need to post that in the Joe flanigan thunk thread they will love it :D

edit: got so over-excited at the pic that I didn't notice, there is an 'e' missing in priceless.

Steve_the_Wraith
May 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Feel free to post it on the Thunkers thread, I don't spend much time there ;)

btw fixed the spelling

Listy
May 14th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Feel free to post it on the Thunkers thread, I don't spend much time there ;)

btw fixed the spelling

thanx :D

Now if only we got some more spoilers for Travelers I would be one happy girl :D

Gate Geek
May 14th, 2007, 01:27 PM
thanx :D

Now if only we got some more spoilers for Travelers I would be one happy girl :D

well.....we could make upur own spoilers like.............

this episode will feature nothing but hard core Shep whump from Larrin who just happens to be wearing a cat-suit.

Listy
May 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM

this episode will feature nothing but hard core Shep whump from Larrin who just happens to be wearing a cat-suit.

LMAO - yeah I like your plan, what else can we make up?

Steve_the_Wraith
May 14th, 2007, 01:48 PM

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/SteveWraith/dominatrixc_narrowweb__300x4640.jpg

Listy
May 14th, 2007, 01:52 PM
:lol: this thread has gone a little mad I think.

Steve_the_Wraith
May 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM
What can I say, I'm bored :)

Redhooks
May 14th, 2007, 02:29 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/SteveWraith/dominatrixc_narrowweb__300x4640.jpg

You can see Jill in tight jeans, top and biker boots with high heels in a picture on her MySpace page. That is a better representation of what she may look like in a catsuit. No offense Steve, but her head isn't that big. :lol:

I can see her in a pilot's flightsuit type outfit similar to what the crew of the Daedulus wear.

Steve_the_Wraith
May 14th, 2007, 02:41 PM
made her head a bit smaller

refresh to see

Mitchell82
May 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/SteveWraith/js12-1.jpg

Edit: fixed, you may need to refresh to see

LOL I love it!

Redhooks
May 14th, 2007, 09:42 PM
As long as Jill doesn't bring this as her wardrobe, I think it will be alright. I guess everyone has bad fashion decisions. I hope this is viewable.

Redhooks
May 14th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Here is the picture I think would be the best representation of in Jill in a catsuit.

Mitchell82
May 15th, 2007, 08:26 AM
As long as Jill doesn't bring this as her wardrobe, I think it will be alright. I guess everyone has bad fashion decisions. I hope this is viewable.

Wow what a bad wardrobe.

Listy
May 15th, 2007, 10:31 AM
You can see Jill in tight jeans, top and biker boots with high heels in a picture on her MySpace page. That is a better representation of what she may look like in a catsuit. No offense Steve, but her head isn't that big. :lol:

I can see her in a pilot's flightsuit type outfit similar to what the crew of the Daedulus wear.

Do you have a link to her myspace? I still don't know anything about her or what she actually looks like my dial up is being slow and won't load up the pics people have posted :)

Redhooks
May 15th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Do you have a link to her myspace? I still don't know anything about her or what she actually looks like my dial up is being slow and won't load up the pics people have posted :)

www.myspace.com/jillwagner

You can also see her in TV ads at www.mercuryvehicles.com under media/tv ads

Listy
May 15th, 2007, 12:27 PM
www.myspace.com/jillwagner

You can also see her in TV ads at www.mercuryvehicles.com under media/tv ads

Why thank you :D it won't load either (dial up really does suck!) but can check it out at work tomorrow, for some strange reason GW is blocked but myspace is still allowed - go figure!

Redhooks
May 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Why thank you :D it won't load either (dial up really does suck!) but can check it out at work tomorrow, for some strange reason GW is blocked but myspace is still allowed - go figure!

For me it is just the opposite at work. :D

vaberella
May 15th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Wow what a bad wardrobe.

Who cares about her wardrobe...it's all about the shoes baby!!! It's all about the shoes!! She has some wicked tastes in steps. Dear [insert deity] I want them both. Ooooh...what I would do with those boots. And don't get me started on those opened toed pinkies...meow!! Too sweet. :D I want her shoes! ~sigh of envy~

Redhooks
May 15th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Who cares about her wardrobe...it's all about the shoes baby!!! It's all about the shoes!! She has some wicked tastes in steps. Dear [insert diety] I want them both. Ooooh...what I would do with those boots. And don't get me started on those opened toed pinkies...meow!! Too sweet. :D I want her shoes! ~sigh of envy~

There was a whole craze last year with some shoes she wore in a Mercury commercial. A lot of women were wondering where they could get her shoes that were shown prominately when she placed her foot on the running board of a Mercury Mountaineer. They were her own shoes that she got from Neiman Marcus and people couldn't find them because they were out of season. :confused: Must be a Female thing!!! ;)

vaberella
May 15th, 2007, 06:26 PM
There was a whole craze last year with some shoes she wore in a Mercury commercial. A lot of women were wondering where they could get her shoes that were shown prominately when she placed her foot on the running board of a Mercury Mountaineer. They were her own shoes that she got from Neiman Marcus and people couldn't find them because they were out of season. :confused: Must be a Female thing!!! ;)

Yeah, I think it is. I'm big on shoe fashion, I've already mastered the clothing thing, so I've suddenly been obsessed with feet---mainly anything 3.5" or higher. And those pink open toes are just catty to the extreme. They definitely give her feet a once over. And those boots...:rolleyes:<--because of the level of perfectness. Uber-sexy. Of course I'm more partial to the pink open toes...I have this wicked bubble-gum pink mini which I bought years ago that would rock in that. It's so hard to find nice looking pink shoes.

Meh....sorry about the convo on shoes, I got sidetracked. :D

I hope she has cool shoes on the Atlantis ep, it would be easier to find out where she got those pairs and nick another pair.

Mitchell82
May 16th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Who cares about her wardrobe...it's all about the shoes baby!!! It's all about the shoes!! She has some wicked tastes in steps. Dear [insert deity] I want them both. Ooooh...what I would do with those boots. And don't get me started on those opened toed pinkies...meow!! Too sweet. :D I want her shoes! ~sigh of envy~

Oh you women and your shoes. I've run out of placed to store all my wife's shoes.;)

Redhooks
May 23rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Spoiler tag for OT:

Here is a link to an interview Jill Wagner did late last year. At the bottom is a picture of her with the shoes that caused the craze I mentioned a few posts earlier. It isn't that large a picture, but I will try to find a better one.
http://www.flickdirect.com/movie-interviews/jill-wagner-blade.aspx

Gate Geek
May 23rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Oh you women and your shoes. I've run out of placed to store all my wife's shoes.;)

:lol: you should have married me then. I have exactly seven pair of shoes. 2 pair oh high heels (black and white), 2 pair dressy shoes (black and brown), a pair of hikers and a pair of sandals (both brown). If an outfit can't go with any of these shoes, it doesn't get bought. *shrugs*

Somehow I don't think will be worrying about a wardrobe in Travelers.....so what are we looking forward to in this ep again? Oh that's right..something about a BOUND AND BEATEN SHEPPY!!! *does happy dance*

scifi_lemon
May 23rd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Somehow I don't think will be worrying about a wardrobe in Travelers.....so what are we looking forward to in this ep again? Oh that's right..something about a BOUND AND BEATEN SHEPPY!!! *does happy dance*

Whooo!!! Yay Shep whump!!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

Gate Geek
May 23rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Whooo!!! Yay Shep whump!!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

Nothing like the thought of Shep whump to get the Squee going. :D :D

So, ah, how many more days?

Redhooks
May 23rd, 2007, 04:28 PM
:lol: you should have married me then. I have exactly seven pair of shoes. 2 pair oh high heels (black and white), 2 pair dressy shoes (black and brown), a pair of hikers and a pair of sandals (both brown). If an outfit can't go with any of these shoes, it doesn't get bought. *shrugs*

But aren't you from Green Bay? You only have a few months of summer to wear dressy shoes right? I went to MTU in Houghton and if you saw a girl in dressy, high heel shoes, you were probably at a late spring formal dance. ;) Otherwise, it was the hikers and swampers for the rest of the year!!! :lol:

Gate Geek
May 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
But aren't you from Green Bay? You only have a few months of summer to wear dressy shoes right? I went to MTU in Houghton and if you saw a girl in dressy, high heel shoes, you were probably at a late spring formal dance. ;) Otherwise, it was the hikers and swampers for the rest of the year!!! :lol:

Yes I am. But I try not to let it show too much. :D Well, I do need to dress up for my job and that includes the high heels on occassion. Normally, it's the hikers that get worn around here though.

BTW, summer started early this year. We've been in the 80's quite a bit this month.

Speaking of which, when is Shep gonna get rid of those sloppy, unlaced boots and go back to his hikers? I liked those so much better! Maybe the evil Travelers will steal Shep's ugly boots. :D

scifi_lemon
May 23rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Nothing like the thought of Shep whump to get the Squee going. :D :D

So, ah, how many more days?

Too many :P

sherryw
May 23rd, 2007, 07:44 PM

O/T
I have even less shoes than that. I so don't do heels. I will only wear them if I'm forced too or standing up in a wedding. I would actually rather go barefoot. I have a bare of 2 pairs gymshoes, sandals, 2 pairs of work shoes and that's about it.

What was that about bound and beaten sheppy? Is it the fall yet!

I really wish we had more spoilers. All this waiting is driving me crazy.

scifi_lemon
May 23rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
O/T
I have even less shoes than that. I so don't do heels. I will only wear them if I'm forced too or standing up in a wedding. I would actually rather go barefoot. I have a bare of 2 pairs gymshoes, sandals, 2 pairs of work shoes and that's about it.

I own no heels as well. Flip-flops and tennies for me :P

We definitly need more spoilers!!!!

Mitchell82
May 23rd, 2007, 08:19 PM
O/T

No what you really want is a pic of bound and beaten shep.;)

scifi_lemon
May 23rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
No what you really want is a pic of bound and beaten shep.;)

Oh my God YES!!!!! Squee! :sheppard:

Lauriel
May 23rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yes I am. But I try not to let it show too much. :D Well, I do need to dress up for my job and that includes the high heels on occassion. Normally, it's the hikers that get worn around here though.

BTW, summer started early this year. We've been in the 80's quite a bit this month.

Speaking of which, when is Shep gonna get rid of those sloppy, unlaced boots and go back to his hikers? I liked those so much better! Maybe the evil Travelers will steal Shep's ugly boots. :D

I love you dearly GG - but I will never agree about the boots! Long live the boots - sloppy and unlaced!

We're the same here - I live in a rural town/farming area. Most people wear workboots or runners/sneakers/whatever. Obviously people still dress up for work, but unless it's a Saturday night (and sometimes even then) if your dressed up your going into Melbourne. :D

Gate Geek
May 24th, 2007, 04:23 AM
I love you dearly GG - but I will never agree about the boots! Long live the boots - sloppy and unlaced!

We're the same here - I live in a rural town/farming area. Most people wear workboots or runners/sneakers/whatever. Obviously people still dress up for work, but unless it's a Saturday night (and sometimes even then) if your dressed up your going into Melbourne. :D

I know I'm in the minoroty on those boots. but really, all I ask is the Travelers steal them. Give me a Sheppy without them boots. Even for a few hours. :D

Alipeeps
May 24th, 2007, 04:24 AM
I know I'm in the minoroty on those boots. but really, all I ask is the Travelers steal them. Give me a Sheppy without them boots. Even for a few hours. :D

I love the boots. But I wouldn't object to a barefoot Sheppy for a while... :D :D

Lauriel
May 24th, 2007, 04:30 AM

A few hours would be okay. :D I just a) love the boots and b) think they are much more military looking than the other shoes he's had. :D

I could handle a barefoot Sheppy running around for awhile - especially if he was shirtless as well. Surely there can be some sort of emergency situation in the middle of the night and he's only got time to throw on a pair of pants & grab a gun? *hovers on the edge of a whumper breakdown* Surely? Pleeeaaaase?

Alipeeps
May 24th, 2007, 04:38 AM
A few hours would be okay. :D I just a) love the boots and b) think they are much more military looking than the other shoes he's had. :D

I could handle a barefoot Sheppy running around for awhile - especially if he was shirtless as well. Surely there can be some sort of emergency situation in the middle of the night and he's only got time to throw on a pair of pants & grab a gun? *hovers on the edge of a whumper breakdown* Surely? Pleeeaaaase?

*takes that idea and runs with it*

Sheppy's in the shower when alarms go off in the city - he leaps from the shower, stops long enough to pull on a pair of pants and grab his gun and runs from his room, barefoot and barechested, his hair still wet and messy...

*dies* :D

Lauriel
May 24th, 2007, 04:44 AM

Sheppy's in the shower when alarms go off in the city - he leaps from the shower, stops long enough to pull on a pair of pants and grab his gun and runs from his room, barefoot and barechested, his hair still wet and messy...

*Lauriel gets hit with the visual and is down for the count*

Carter1994
May 24th, 2007, 08:19 AM
You guys mind if I butt in for a minute? I know it's really late... (31 pages, to be exact) :S

scifi_lemon
May 24th, 2007, 08:46 AM
*Lauriel gets hit with the visual and is down for the count*

You guys mind if I butt in for a minute? I know it's really late... (31 pages, to be exact) :S

Feel free to but in anytime! :P

Carter1994
May 24th, 2007, 09:02 AM
:lol: Feel free to but in anytime! :P

Thank you. Anyway, I have a couple of questions;

1) You guys seem to die a lot. Did we find a sarcoughigus? *chuckles* (I know sarco. is not spelled right, but have you ever tried?) :D

2) Why on earth are you talking about shoes on the "Traverlers" thread?!

3) When are we going to get more spoilers? Through me a line here, someone, feed me more! :)

Okay, so it was more than a couple, but you get the idea. *slinks back into the shadows*

Alipeeps
May 24th, 2007, 09:21 AM

1) You guys seem to die a lot. Did we find a sarcoughigus? *chuckles* (I know sarco. is not spelled right, but have you ever tried?) :D

It's the thought of Shep whump - we can't help it! :D

Well, we started off talking about Sheppard and, well, it kinda derailed from there onwards! :lol:

3) When are we going to get more spoilers? Through me a line here, someone, feed me more! :)

Heck knows! :S

For a comprehensive list of all the confirmed spoiler info we have so far, check out the SGA-Spoilers LJ (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/).

Redhooks
May 24th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Okay, so it was more than a couple, but you get the idea. *slinks back into the shadows*

The reason for #2 is because of what you ask in #3!! :lol: We are spoiler starved.

What really started it was a few pages back when I posted a "bad Fashion" moment, IMHO, with Jill Wagner who plays Larrin in this episode. Vaberella loved the shoes she was wearing and it morphed and tangented from there. Of course I KNEW the Shep whumpers/thunkers would get around to mentioning shoes/boots that Shep wears or doesn't wear!!! :rolleyes:

Sheppard's Delight
May 24th, 2007, 10:05 AM
The reason for #2 is because of what you ask in #3!! :lol: We are spoiler starved.

What really started it was a few pages back when I posted a "bad Fashion" moment, IMHO, with Jill Wagner who plays Larrin in this episode. Varbella loved the shoes she was wearing and it morphed and tangented from there. Of course I KNEW the Shep whumpers/thunkers would get around to mentioning shoes/boots that Shep wears or doesn't wear!!! :rolleyes:

Yep we never disappoint!!!! :)

*Erika*
May 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM

*dies too*

Gate Geek
May 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Sure!! welcome to the madness that sometime is about Travelers, but most often is not. Damned spoiler dry spell......

Oh dear...here I thought you going for wrapping the towel around his waist as there is no time for pants. Poor Shep trying to hang on to the towel in one hand, his gun in the other and finally, the towel just falls off as he's running through the halls...

But I like your idea. Putting on pants while still wet..well....I'm getting a lovely visual. *goes off to happy place and dies*

Are we still talking about Travelers? I'm all confused. :confused: :)

Linzi
May 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
You don't need to ask permission! Just dive on in! :)

Linzi
May 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Sure!! welcome to the madness that sometime is about Travelers, but most often is not. Damned spoiler dry spell......

Oh dear...here I thought you going for wrapping the towel around his waist as there is no time for pants. Poor Shep trying to hang on to the towel in one hand, his gun in the other and finally, the towel just falls off as he's running through the halls...

But I like your idea. Putting on pants while still wet..well....I'm getting a lovely visual. *goes off to happy place and dies*

Are we still talking about Travelers? I'm all confused. :confused: :)
Well I'm even more confused!

Ok, to get back on track...er, yes. Travelers.

I think Sheppard will have to work with Larrin to overcome something. I wonder if they're forced to combine forces to achieve something?

Gate Geek
May 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM

I think Sheppard will have to work with Larrin to overcome something. I wonder if they're forced to combine forces to achieve something?

I can't think of anything worse than one's survival being left to having to work with the person who just beat the crap out of you....

*Erika*
May 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I can't think of anything worse than one's survival being left to having to work with the person who just beat the crap out of you....

CG comes to mind.

Gate Geek
May 24th, 2007, 12:02 PM
CG comes to mind.

True...but to me, the circumstanstances were a bit differnt in CG than what I'm speculating for Travelers. *shrugs* Then again, I just can't get past bound and beaten Sheppy bit...:o

Carter1994
May 24th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Personally, I don't mind if he winds up working with Larrin, as long as no one double-crosses. In fact, Sheppard can team up with anyone- EXCEPT KOLYA. That would be just plain wrong.

Linzi
May 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I agree. It's a horrible scenario with potential for back-stabbing and angst!! Maybe that's why I came up with it! ;)

Listy
May 24th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I love the boots. But I wouldn't object to a barefoot Sheppy for a while... :D :D

OMG *dies and iz dead* ok so I have a slight appreciation of seeing a man barefoot :D

*dies again* but to be honest it the barefeet would be enough for me, I could cope if he grabbed a shirt too (wait what the hell am I saying??? I feel I may be delusional)

If Sheppard does have to work with Larrin, I can't see there being a lot of love or a lot of trust between the two of them, I can see Larrin stabbing him in the back though (metaphorically (sp?) and literally)

*Erika*
May 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
OMG *dies and iz dead* ok so I have a slight appreciation of seeing a man barefoot :D

*dies again* but to be honest it the barefeet would be enough for me, I could cope if he grabbed a shirt too (wait what the hell am I saying??? I feel I may be delusional)

If Sheppard does have to work with Larrin, I can't see there being a lot of love or a lot of trust between the two of them, I can see Larrin stabbing him in the back though (metaphorically (sp?) and literally)

I really do want for Larrin to stab him in the back!!! Literally!!!

Linzi
May 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Me too! :o

Redhooks
May 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM

But will the working together come in this episode or in "Spoils of War" is what I'm wondering???

Linzi
May 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
But will the working together come in this episode or in "Spoils of War" is what I'm wondering???
The two former rivals having to team up? It's certainly possible, I think :)

Alipeeps
May 24th, 2007, 01:13 PM

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/Whump/Epiphany1small.jpg

*Erika*
May 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM

OMG Ali!!! Never saw that pic!!! Thanks!!! A big foot... lalala...

Listy
May 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM

Oh my giddy aunt!!!!!!!!!!! I've come over all unnecessary :D

THUD!!!!

I want that in S4 but with him running round with a gun!!!

Gate Geek
May 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM

He's got boney feet! I hate feet! Gah!

Listy
May 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM

I can't stand touching feet, but there is something so unbelievably hawt about a guy wandering around clothed but barefoot, add to that him craddling a baby and I am no good!!

But doubt thats gonna happen in Travelers :D

Gate Geek
May 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I can't stand touching feet, but there is something so unbelievably hawt about a guy wandering around clothed but barefoot, add to that him craddling a baby and I am no good!!

But doubt thats gonna happen in Travelers :D

:eek: I hope not!!

PG15
May 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Heh, that kinda looks like my feet, what with the long toes and visible tendons.

Just sayin'. ;)

Listy
May 24th, 2007, 02:07 PM
:eek: I hope not!!

:lol: Oh I hope not too sorry I wasn't meaning that I wished for that for Shep :D just something I find utterly hawt about blokes in general and its just in my own head :D

Carter1994
May 26th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Okay, here's what I tried to say yesterday. (word-for-word)

Hey guys. Sorry for leaving so suddenly yesterday, it's my dratted computer. It's like, six, seven years old and uh, heh, let's just say it 'dies' more than you guys do. :S *coughs* Moving on.

Oh, that's cruel. But... one can only hope! :D

Heh, that kinda looks like my feet, what with the long toes and visible tendons.

Just sayin'.

What is it with you people and feet?! :rolleyes:

Redhooks
May 26th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I thought I was lucky yesterday and was able to get thru the database problems and make some posts.:rolleyes: I lost about 7 posts and I'm trying to repost them now.

I blame the whole foot/shoes tangent on a comment made by varebella a few pages ago about shoes she liked Jill Wagner (Larrin) wearing in a photo I posted about a "bad" fashion decision she made. It morphed and tangented from there!!!

Here is a few pics of Jill I found on the net. I hope you enjoy them.

Spoiler:
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/1631/555164975l0by.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/2491/602832916l9pt.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/7924/blade27cs.jpg
Promo Photo from Blade: The Series

Pegasus_SGA
May 26th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I thought I was lucky yesterday and was able to get thru the database problems and make some posts.:rolleyes: I lost about 7 posts and I'm trying to repost them now.

I blame the whole foot/shoes tangent on a comment made by varebella a few pages ago about shoes she liked Jill Wagner (Larrin) wearing in a photo I posted about a "bad" fashion decision she made. It morphed and tangented from there!!!

Here is a few pics of Jill I found on the net. I hope you enjoy them.

Spoiler:
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/1631/555164975l0by.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/2491/602832916l9pt.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/7924/blade27cs.jpg
Promo Photo from Blade: The Series

Thanks for the pics hon :D as for the shoes comment... I must be the only woman who HATES shoe shopping, i'd rather go barefoot if I could get away with it... my workmates are grateful I don't though. :P

Listy
May 26th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the pics hon :D as for the shoes comment... I must be the only woman who HATES shoe shopping, i'd rather go barefoot if I could get away with it... my workmates are grateful I don't though. :P

Shoes I love, but when it concerns mens feet, barefoot is the way to go - yum!!

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Shoes I love, but when it concerns mens feet, barefoot is the way to go - yum!!

LOL I needed that it's been a bad few weeks. My house that we bought needs $6,000 worth of repair, insurance are being asses about it and the darn internet has been down. *sigh*. Back on topic though this is one of the eps I'm most looking forward to. Can't wait to see shep get tortured by a woman.

Listy
May 28th, 2007, 10:36 AM
LOL I needed that it's been a bad few weeks. My house that we bought needs $6,000 worth of repair, insurance are being asses about it and the darn internet has been down. *sigh*. Back on topic though this is one of the eps I'm most looking forward to. Can't wait to see shep get tortured by a woman.

Oh its going to be special, but its been discussed on a few other threads, and maybe on here...I forget - that seen as they have changed the episode order and its now back to back with Doppelganger, (and we know DG is gonna have serious whump) that Travelers might not be quite as whump filled as we hoped, however I am still keeping my fingers crossed for some decent whump from Larrin.

Hugs for RL trouble hun, hope you manage to get it sorted :)

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Oh its going to be special, but its been discussed on a few other threads, and maybe on here...I forget - that seen as they have changed the episode order and its now back to back with Doppelganger, (and we know DG is gonna have serious whump) that Travelers might not be quite as whump filled as we hoped, however I am still keeping my fingers crossed for some decent whump from Larrin.

Hugs for RL trouble hun, hope you manage to get it sorted :)

Agreed it will be special, and I can't wait. As to the RL thats why I love coming in here, to escape the troubles of RL.

Carter1994
May 28th, 2007, 01:04 PM

*snickers* Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm a teen girl and I hate shopping of pretty much any kind! (except for christmas shopping. Gotta love it.)
Um, someone showed me a link about all the stuff you've found out about Travelers, and my blasted computer won't let me see it! (I swear I'm gonna shoot it some day!!) Can someone fill me in? *pleading 'n begging*

Alipeeps
May 28th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Um, someone showed me a link about all the stuff you've found out about Travelers, and my blasted computer won't let me see it! (I swear I'm gonna shoot it some day!!) Can someone fill me in? *pleading 'n begging*

All the current confirmed spoilers for Travelers have been collated on the SGA_Spoilers comm (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/6330.html#cutid1) on LJ. Am I reading your post right that you can't access LJ?

Here's basically what we know so far:

Joe Mallozzi described this episode as “a gift for all those of the Shep-whumping persuasion”.
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (February 1 entry)

"Joe Flanigan swung by the offices today to give us his thoughts on a couple of scripts. He LOVED Travelers. No surprise there."
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (March 5 entry)

Given one word to sum up this episode, Joe Mallozzi chose, “Rivalry”.

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.

The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

Guest Characters: Larrin (Commander), Silas (Bridge Crew/Navigator), Nevik (Chief Science Officer)
Source: Stargate SG-1 Solutions (March 7 entry)

Joe Mallozzi said that in Travelers we will “find a real ally with advanced technology”.
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (March 19 entry)

"Prep week invariably begins with the concept meeting, the preliminary pre-production assembly attending by all of the department heads. We all sit around the long conference room table as the First A.D. goes through the script, scene by scene. “Scene one,” he’ll say, “A puddle jumper flies through space. This is a visual effects shot.” - and wait for the director or visual effects supervisor to chime in. Is there anything special about this shot? Has the director envisioned something he wants to run by us? No? Okay. “Scene two,” says the First A.D., “We’re interior jumper. Sheppard is alone. He gets a radio message from McKay.” Anything? No. Moving onto - “Scene three. McKay is in the control room, talking to Sheppard…”

On this day, we started prep on Travelers, finishing the concept meeting at around 10:30 a.m. and heading right into the Art Department meeting where we discussed ship interiors, auxiliary control rooms, and blasted door panels. From the Art Department meeting to the costumes meeting."
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (March 23 entry)

Jill Wagner has been cast as Larrin in the episode Travelers.
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (March 27 entry)

This episode will feature a lot of physical action, i.e. “fighting, being thrown around, running around, firing guns etc”.
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (April 8 entry)

Larrin’s people will return for at least one episode in the back half of Season 4.
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (April 18 entry)

BeautifulScotland
May 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
All the current confirmed spoilers for Travelers have been collated on the SGA_Spoilers comm (http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/6330.html#cutid1) on LJ. Am I reading your post right that you can't access LJ?

Joe Mallozzi described this episode as “a gift for all those of the Shep-whumping persuasion”.

"Joe Flanigan swung by the offices today to give us his thoughts on a couple of scripts. He LOVED Travelers. No surprise there."

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.

The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

Guest Characters: Larrin (Commander), Silas (Bridge Crew/Navigator), Nevik (Chief Science Officer)

Joe Mallozzi said that in Travelers we will “find a real ally with advanced technology”.

"Prep week invariably begins with the concept meeting, the preliminary pre-production assembly attending by all of the department heads. We all sit around the long conference room table as the First A.D. goes through the script, scene by scene. “Scene one,” he’ll say, “A puddle jumper flies through space. This is a visual effects shot.” - and wait for the director or visual effects supervisor to chime in. Is there anything special about this shot? Has the director envisioned something he wants to run by us? No? Okay. “Scene two,” says the First A.D., “We’re interior jumper. Sheppard is alone. He gets a radio message from McKay.” Anything? No. Moving onto - “Scene three. McKay is in the control room, talking to Sheppard…”

On this day, we started prep on Travelers, finishing the concept meeting at around 10:30 a.m. and heading right into the Art Department meeting where we discussed ship interiors, auxiliary control rooms, and blasted door panels. From the Art Department meeting to the costumes meeting."

This episode will feature a lot of physical action, i.e. “fighting, being thrown around, running around, firing guns etc”.

Larrin’s people will return for at least one episode in the back half of Season 4.

I did'nt read the entire tread, so I don't know if this has been posted before:

How much some of you want to bet that these are the people behind Carson's "death?"

They've got motive and apperitenly the ability to do it.

Alipeeps
May 28th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I did'nt read the entire tread, so I don't know if this has been posted before:

How much some of you want to bet that these are the people behind Carson's "death?"

They've got motive and apperitenly the ability to do it.

Eh? What? How could they possibly be?

Up until the episode Travelers, the Atlantis team has never met them and they have never met the Atlantis team. They've heard about new people in the Pegasus galaxy using Ancient technology to fight the Wraith and are on the lookout for them.

What motive would they have for killing Carson (especially considering they don't even know he exists) and how could they be responsible?

Joe Mallozzi has suggested that there is a hint in one of the late Season 3 episodes that gives a clue as to how Carson will return (though I'm not sure if that really is the case or if he was just sneakily trying to tease/tempt more people into watching the new eps as they air in the US) - so his death and his return are connected to events etc of Season 3, not season 4. He's already dead and gone by the time we meet the Travelers.

Carter1994
May 28th, 2007, 03:09 PM
*Gasps* WOW!!! Thank you so much for the info, Alipeeps! It looks, err, sounds, um... ah! reads so freaking good! How much longer do I have to wait?! I wish we would figure out how to get the Ancient time mechine (?) from Area 51 already! :o

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
*Gasps* WOW!!! Thank you so much for the info, Alipeeps! It looks, err, sounds, um... ah! reads so freaking good! How much longer do I have to wait?! I wish we would figure out how to get the Ancient time mechine (?) from Area 51 already! :o

Too bloody long, as to the time machine I am working on a protoype but it's not going so well. I need more funding and Carter and Mckay.:cameron:

Carter1994
May 29th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Too bloody long, as to the time machine I am working on a protoype but it's not going so well. I need more funding and Carter and Mckay.:cameron:

Since they're offworld (and out-of-galaxy), try Mrs. Miller! :D

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Since they're offworld (and out-of-galaxy), try Mrs. Miller! :D

Good idea. She did come up with the "bridge" idea over fingerpaints with her daughter.

Carter1994
May 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Mm, though she might be in Pegusas due to Miller's Crossing. *sigh*
Will some one get some spoilers already?! I'm going nuts! We need a mole to 'dig up some dirt' as it twere.

Listy
May 29th, 2007, 11:35 AM

Thanks for this Ali :) I keep forgetting to check the spoiler comm, so nice to see it all there for me to read (ok I am feeling very lazy today)

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Will some one get some spoilers already?! I'm going nuts! We need a mole to 'dig up some dirt' as it twere.

Panic not, i've got an inside source working on that very thing :P

*cough*

http://www.atlantis.stargatesg1971.com/screencaps/season1/116/sga-1x16-0511.jpg

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Panic not, i've got an inside source working on that very thing :P

*cough*

http://www.atlantis.stargatesg1971.com/screencaps/season1/116/sga-1x16-0511.jpg

lol Good one.

Carter1994
May 29th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Ha, ha. That's from Brotherhood, right?

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yes it is. From this angle he looks like a mole with THAT HAIR!!! He should be required to be more military and get his hair cut shorter or at least comb it!!!! Very un-Military, of course he has always be portrayed as the "rebel."

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 12:31 PM

lol Good one.

Ha, ha. That's from Brotherhood, right?

Hehehe yep it's from brotherhood :D

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Yes it is. From this angle he looks like a mole with THAT HAIR!!! He should be required to be more military and get his hair cut shorter or at least comb it!!!! Very un-Military, of course he has always be portrayed as the "rebel."

It is long but still regulation. You don't always need a buzz cut to still have a regulation hair style.

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 12:44 PM
It is long but still regulation. You don't always need a buzz cut to still have a regulation hair style.

:eek: Buz cut? On Shep! :eek:

No, no, no, no the hair must NEVER be touched. Hair, whumped to oblivion would not be squee.... ;)

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Well, I didn't say a buzz/brush cut, but at least he should have it combed to look neat!! It should be neat and presentable but doesn't have to be extremely short. But, that probably won't happen because Joe is a SoCal guy who is probably a surfer.

Listy
May 29th, 2007, 01:11 PM

*shudders*
:eek: Step away from teh Hair!!!! :eek:

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 01:16 PM
*shudders*
:eek: Step away from teh Hair!!!! :eek:

I knew this comment would bring out the whumpers!! By the way, you people keep misspelling the as "teh" :( and don't tell me you do it as a description of the hair. That won't fly with me! :lol:

Sheppard's Delight
May 29th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I knew this comment would bring out the whumpers!! By the way, you people keep misspelling the as "teh" :( and don't tell me you do it as a description of the hair. That won't fly with me! :lol:

Whumping teh hair is totally off limits :eek:

That would just be too cruel!!!!

Listy
May 29th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Not just the whumpers you might also see the thunkers.

respect TEH hair!!

Whumping teh hair is totally off limits :eek:

That would just be too cruel!!!!

Yup - one of the only things that the whumpers agree not to touch - Its just wrong

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 01:23 PM

respect TEH hair!!

Yup - one of the only things that the whumpers agree not to touch, its just wrong

Sorry, what was I thinking!! This comment would also bring out the thunkers!! My apology for leaving them out, but THE hair needs to be at least combed, IMHO.

Sheppard's Delight
May 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry, what was I thinking!! This comment would also bring out the thunkers!! My apology for leaving them out, but THE hair needs to be at least combed, IMHO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek:

You cant comb teh hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listy
May 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek:

You cant comb teh hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!

Lauriel
May 29th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Bite your tongue! Next you'll be telling us he should tie up his boots. :p

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I know it didn't happen, but the worst whumping Larrin could do is shave Shep's head bald. That would teach the Atlantis crew not to mess with the Travelers!!!

Alipeeps
May 29th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Well, I didn't say a buzz/brush cut, but at least he should have it combed to look neat!! It should be neat and presentable but doesn't have to be extremely short. But, that probably won't happen because Joe is a SoCal guy who is probably a surfer.

Ah but according to Joe, combing it wouldn't make any difference.. he has cowlicks! There's a great clip online somewhere of him at a con where someone asked about his hair and he told a story of his headmaster at school who got really enraged over his unruly hair and tried to comb it flat and it stayed flat for about 3 seconds and then went, *poink* *poink* *poink* (well, not literally! :lol:) as all the cowlicks sprang back up! :D

It's an internet colloqualism... it's deliberately typed that way. It's a similar morphology to netspeak words like pwn. I had a link somewhere to an informative webpage explaining all about it but I've lost it! :lol:

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM
*shouts* LISTY!

I think you need to post the hair motto to Redhooks, it's important. :P

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Ah but according to Joe, combing it wouldn't make any difference.. he has cowlicks! There's a great clip online somewhere of him at a con where someone asked about his hair and he told a story of his headmaster at school who got really enraged over his unruly hair and tried to comb it flat and it stayed flat for about 3 seconds and then went, *poink* *poink* *poink* (well, not literally! :lol:) as all the cowlicks sprang back up! :D

It's an internet colloqualism... it's deliberately typed that way. It's a similar morphology to netspeak words like pwn. I had a link somewhere to an informative webpage explaining all about it but I've lost it! :lol:

I know first hand if you use enough gel and hairspray, you can get cowlicks to stay down. :o

I know about internet slang (colloqualism) and I can't stand some of it. A good example I cringe at every time I see it is in ShadowMaat's Sig!!! You is spelled "you" not "u!" It makes me think people are just too lazy to care. :(

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 01:49 PM
*shouts* LISTY!

I think you need to post the hair motto to Redhooks, it's important. :P

Bring it on!!!!
I am just reserving my right to disagree. What do you think is attractive about messy hair?? I must be getting too old. :rolleyes:

Linzi
May 29th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Bring it on!!!!
I am just reserving my right to disagree. What do you think is attractive about messy hair?? I must be getting too old. :rolleyes:
It's not just the hair for me, Redhooks, it's everything :o

Anyway, before we all get hauled off and smacked about the head by Skydiver's very wet and cold noodles, I think we should talk about Travelers! :eek:

I've been thinking recently, I know, first time for everything... and I think the Travelers will be a race that you just can't trust, but who aren't bad, as such. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I don't think Sheppard and Larrin will part on very bad terms, what do others think?

Lauriel
May 29th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Bring it on!!!!

Or just looking at an example on a guy. :D The bedhed look is a classic on women too. Not messy - artfully disarranged. :p

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Bring it on!!!!

Ah you know we luffs ya hon :D

*cough*

Please refrain from drinking while viewing this post :P

Listy presents TEH HAIR (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6717961&postcount=75356) :D

Listy
May 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Bring it on!!!!

what this one....
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o201/listy1980/Posters/TehHair.jpg
:lol: Peggy was quicker :D

Sheppard's Delight
May 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Bring it on!!!!

Too old?!?!?!?!? You are never too old!

what this one....

Fabulous!!!!:)

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 02:02 PM
That be the one :D

*cough*

So travelers... *tries and fails to keep on topic* :D

I definately think that Shep and Larrin will work together. How they'll be able to achieve this, I don't know. We know from JM that Larrins people return in future eps, so that suggest that they've either had to build a shaky alliance due to some unforseen intervention from another race maybe? Or something has happened bewtween Larrin and her people that would make her side with Shep. But if that is the case then...would she be an outcast amongst her people? Hmmmmm

Listy
May 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM

*cough*

I definately think that Shep and Larrin will work together. How they'll be able to achieve this, I don't know. We know from JM that Larrins people return in future eps, so that suggest that they've either had to build a shaky alliance due to some unforseen intervention from another race maybe? Or something has happened bewtween Larrin and her people that would make her side with Shep. But if that is the case then...would she be an outcast amongst her people? Hmmmmm

Just a stab in the dark, and not making much sense today, but I thought maybe that at first just Larrin will work with shep but then Larrins people would eventually end up having to form some kind of an alliance due to some greater need. I think Larrin will be powerful but will ultimately need the backing of her people.

Linzi
May 29th, 2007, 02:16 PM

*cough*

You stay on topic for 5 minutes? That'll be the day, you cheeky little devil! :lol: Prepare to be noodled! Sorry, it just sounds such fun to be wet noodled...I know, I need help! :eek:

I agree. I think if there is a shaky alliance they can't part mortal enemies, which is a shame, because for very selfish reasons I wanted Sheppard and Larrin to really dislike each other and be enemies. I think to see a pretty woman as a nasty, ruthless character would make a change, and I'd love for Sheppard not to be able to charm her. I'd also like her to beat the crap out of him. But that's for another thread!!! ;)

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM

*cough*

Listy presents TEH HAIR (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6717961&postcount=75356) :D

what this one....
:lol: Peggy was quicker :D

Nice example of why he should get his hair cut or at least combed, IMHO!!!

Anyway, before we all get hauled off and smacked about the head by Skydiver's very wet and cold noodles, I think we should talk about Travelers! :eek:

I've been thinking recently, I know, first time for everything... and I think the Travelers will be a race that you just can't trust, but who aren't bad, as such. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I don't think Sheppard and Larrin will part on very bad terms, what do others think?

Just a stab in the dark, and not making much sense today, but I thought maybe that at first just Larrin will work with shep but then Larrins people would eventually end up having to form some kind of an alliance due to some greater need. I think Larrin will be powerful but will ultimately need the backing of her people.

*cough*

You stay on topic for 5 minutes? That'll be the day, you cheeky little devil! :lol: Prepare to be noodled! Sorry, it just sounds such fun to be wet noodled...I know, I need help! :eek:

I agree. I think if there is a shaky alliance they can't part mortal enemies, which is a shame, because for very selfish reasons I wanted Sheppard and Larrin to really dislike each other and be enemies. I think to see a pretty woman as a nasty, ruthless character would make a change, and I'd love for Sheppard not to be able to charm her. I'd also like her to beat the crap out of him. But that's for another thread!!! ;)

I think they will be forced to become allies, but there will always be the mistrust built up during their first encounter in this episode. (On-Topic for at least awhile) I agree that Larrin and Sheppard shouldn't get romantically involved, she isn't ascended after all!!!

Linzi
May 29th, 2007, 02:30 PM

I think they will be forced to become allies, but there will always be the mistrust built up during their first encounter in this episode. (On-Topic for at least awhile) I agree that Larrin and Sheppard shouldn't get romantically involved, she isn't ascended after all!!!
Goodness, no. I'm not a fan of romance in SGA to be honest, and though I can tolerate the odd bit, I just feel that would be a bit of a cliché here. I want a kick ass female guest star!

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Sent you a PM Red. I agree with you and Linz, I don't want them hooked up romantically, it would just not be right after she kicked his ass/gave orders to kick his ass. I think there will come a point where they'll need each other and have to become allies. Either something happens on board the ship, or Shep refuses to comply or something else happens. But I don't want it to be an easy alliance at all. I want a nemesis to rival Kolya :D

Listy
May 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Goodness, no. I'm not a fan of romance in SGA to be honest, and though I can tolerate the odd bit, I just feel that would be a bit of a cliché here. I want a kick ass female guest star!

ITA

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Sent you a PM Red. I agree with you and Linz, I don't want them hooked up romantically, it would just not be right after she kicked his ass/gave orders to kick his ass. I think there will come a point where they'll need each other and have to become allies. Either something happens on board the ship, or Shep refuses to comply or something else happens. But I don't want it to be an easy alliance at all. I want a nemesis to rival Kolya :D
I replied to the PM. I don't want Larrin to be like Koyla, but would prefer her to be more like Ladon. He opposed our team at first, but became an ally when we helped him and when he realized it was better to be working with us against the Wraith then separately. There should always be the mistrust in the background because both of us are looking for technology to help our people.

I agree. This is a Sci-Fi show not a soap opera!!!

ITA
Forgive my ignorance, but do you mean "I Totally Agree" with ITA?

Pegasus_SGA
May 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I replied to the PM. I don't want Larrin to be like Koyla, but would prefer her to be more like Ladon. He opposed our team at first, but became an ally when we helped him and when he realized it was better to be working with us against the Wraith then separately. There should always be the mistrust in the background because both of us are looking for technology to help our people.

I agree. This is a Sci-Fi show not a soap opera!!!

Got it hon, sent you one back :D oooooh I love Ladon and the mistrust at the beginning and wouldn't mind seeing some of that. I agree we need to have an eliment of mistrust and that's what I ejoy, not knowing when they're going to play ball, and when they're not. :D

Second point, I agree.

As for Listy's point, she's gone to bed, but yes she means 'I totally agree' :D And with that I must also head off to the land of nod. Nite nite.

jillynn1975
May 29th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone!

One of the things I would love to see as far as the relationship between Shep and Larrin is that they don't make an alliance but instead everytime he even thinks about being captured by her or the Travelers again that it is a true source of angst.

You can see the angst with Shep and Kolya and when he first encountered the CG Wrath but as soon as they started forming alliance with everyone it kinda started losing it's staying power.

Everytime Shep encounters Kolya, he might be a little snarky but you can still see the fear - same way with the Wrath in The Lost Boys and especially the Hive. Did you notice he didn't challenge the wraith in the Hive and was one of the few times he was scared to death? I would love for Larrin to be a constant threat - one that puts him through some of the hardest things he has ever had to deal with and that the thought of hearing her name just sends fear down his spine. I think that would be a true moment of growth for Shep. That's just my opinion.

Feel free to comment either way. I wonder if the whumpers agree?:)

Redhooks
May 29th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone!

One of the things I would love to see as far as the relationship between Shep and Larrin is that they don't make an alliance but instead everytime he even thinks about being captured by her or the Travelers again that it is a true source of angst.

You can see the angst with Shep and Kolya and when he first encountered the CG Wrath but as soon as they started forming alliance with everyone it kinda started losing it's staying power.

Everytime Shep encounters Kolya, he might be a little snarky but you can still see the fear - same way with the Wrath in The Lost Boys and especially the Hive. Did you notice he didn't challenge the wraith in the Hive and was one of the few times he was scared to death? I would love for Larrin to be a constant threat - one that puts him through some of the hardest things he has ever had to deal with and that the thought of hearing her name just sends fear down his spine. I think that would be a true moment of growth for Shep. That's just my opinion.

I don't think Sheppard's relationship with Larrin will be as antagonistic as with Koyla. Yes, her and her people captured and beat him up, but they didn't kill any of the people under his command like Koyla did as far as we know. There will be no love lost between them, but I think he will understand what she was doing. In the end, I think both will realize working together against the Wraith and maybe Asurans will be the best for both peoples.

Gate Geek
May 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Bite your tongue! Next you'll be telling us he should tie up his boots. :p

Or getting rid of them all together..... :p

i don't see them parting on bad terms, but I don't really see them parting on good terms either. One of those kind of relationships where one person works with someone because they have too and not because they want too.....

I wonder how we go from Shep not complying with helping out Larrin and her people to helping them out (if that is the case)? I would think it has to be from some real threat to both of them..but what negotiations are made? I mean, I can't see Shep just jumping in saying I'll do this to helpsave your people (and me) after being beaten. Am I even making sense?

*cough*

:lol: i ahve never seen that before. NICE!

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 06:18 PM

respect TEH hair!!

Yup - one of the only things that the whumpers agree not to touch - Its just wrong

Well I'm a wumper too but I just like to see shep bruised broken and bleeding. He reminds me so much of me and my CO never lets me forget it, but as soon as he compares me to Mckay I'll....:samanime15: :tealcanime22:

sherryw
May 29th, 2007, 07:06 PM
IMO I think that Sheppard is going to fight them all the way, but at some point in the episode I bet Larrin's ship will come under attack by the Wraith. Sheppard being the person he is will help activate the ship.

I don't think that Sheppard and Larrin will be buddies. I think that they will be a lot like how he and Ladon were in Coup as someone had mentioned earlier.

It will be very interesting to see how they part at the end of the episode.

Also, a another question to throw into the pot.

In the spoilers they talk about using Shep as an interface how do you think this will be done? ;)

scifi_lemon
May 29th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Well I'm a wumper too but I just like to see shep bruised broken and bleeding. He reminds me so much of me and my CO never lets me forget it, but as soon as he compares me to Mckay I'll....:samanime15: :tealcanime22:

You have a CO that likes SGA???? Sweet!

IMO I think that Sheppard is going to fight them all the way, but at some point in the episode I bet Larrin's ship will come under attack by the Wraith. Sheppard being the person he is will help activate the ship.

I don't think that Sheppard and Larrin will be buddies. I think that they will be a lot like how he and Ladon were in Coup as someone had mentioned earlier.

In the spoilers they talk about using Shep as an interface how do you think this will be done? ;)

I agree that the ship will come under attack and Shep will be forced to activate the ship. By interfacing, sherryw, I think they mean that he'll use his super!gene and activate/control the ship. I believe Shep/Larrin will have a Shep/Ladon relationship.

Sheppard's Delight
May 29th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone!

Well personally I would love this too - but from what I already know of this episode I dont think it is going to be anything like this:( . I hope that the relationship does however remain one of uncertainty.

Linzi
May 30th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Well personally I would love this too - but from what I already know of this episode I dont think it is going to be anything like this:( . I hope that the relationship does however remain one of uncertainty.
Unfortunately I agree with you SheppyD from spoilers I've seen and heard. I definitely don't want Sheppard and Larrin to be friends, more like enemies, but I can't see that happening. I'm guessing at an ineasy alliance.

Sherry - as to the interface, I think the spoilers have been taken the wrong way, personally. We know they want Sheppard's blood to activate or initialise an interface which obviously doesn't work to start with, hence the continuing need for Sheppard. However, I think they literally want him to activate the ship for them. Now, whether once initialised the ship can be piloted by someone without the ATA gene remains to be seen. Certainly PJ's can't be. So, can a larger ship be? I have no idea. Anyone got any info on that? I just hope Sheppard doesn't offer Larrin et al the ATA gene therapy, because that's getting a little old now...

Gate Geek
May 30th, 2007, 09:41 AM

Yeah, Shep has that tendency to not just sit by the wayside and do nothing if he can help out....

I think they'll try to synthesize their own ATA gene using Shep's blood. If they have the ability to use some ancient tech (At least that's what I thought), then I would think thy should have the gene, but its just a watered down version that is not strong enough to activiate the really important ancient tech like Ships and weapons.

I'm probably way out in left field..where i'll continue to be happily playing by myself if anyone needs me.

Listy
May 30th, 2007, 09:56 AM

As for Listy's point, she's gone to bed, but yes she means 'I totally agree' :D And with that I must also head off to the land of nod. Nite nite.

Thanks Peggy :D it was past my bedtime :D

Mitchell82
May 30th, 2007, 12:09 PM
You have a CO that likes SGA???? Sweet!

I agree that the ship will come under attack and Shep will be forced to activate the ship. By interfacing, sherryw, I think they mean that he'll use his super!gene and activate/control the ship. I believe Shep/Larrin will have a Shep/Ladon relationship.

Indeed it is. Nice to have a CO that has simialr likes that you do. Helps you get along better while on duty and off. Nice take on what might happen, sounds very possible.

Redhooks
May 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
BamBam answered a question of mine about the stunts Jill Wagner had done in Travelers, among others. Here is the link:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12232&page=131

Looks like a lot of action!!

sherryw
May 30th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Unfortunately I agree with you SheppyD from spoilers I've seen and heard. I definitely don't want Sheppard and Larrin to be friends, more like enemies, but I can't see that happening. I'm guessing at an ineasy alliance.

Sherry - as to the interface, I think the spoilers have been taken the wrong way, personally. We know they want Sheppard's blood to activate or initialise an interface which obviously doesn't work to start with, hence the continuing need for Sheppard. However, I think they literally want him to activate the ship for them. Now, whether once initialised the ship can be piloted by someone without the ATA gene remains to be seen. Certainly PJ's can't be. So, can a larger ship be? I have no idea. Anyone got any info on that? I just hope Sheppard doesn't offer Larrin et al the ATA gene therapy, because that's getting a little old now...

I hope you are right. I don't want them to offer them the ATA therapy and I have a feeling they won't. Since they really didn't play nice with Sheppard. :D
You are probably right that they just want him to activate the ship. I bet once it's initialized or activated the Travelers will be able to use it. I mean look at the technology on Atlantis. There were a few things that initially needed activation (gateroom), but now anyone can use them. Same with the personal shield. I can't wait to see how long Sheppard holds out.

Yeah, Shep has that tendency to not just sit by the wayside and do nothing if he can help out....

I think they'll try to synthesize their own ATA gene using Shep's blood. If they have the ability to use some ancient tech (At least that's what I thought), then I would think thy should have the gene, but its just a watered down version that is not strong enough to activiate the really important ancient tech like Ships and weapons.

I'm probably way out in left field..where i'll continue to be happily playing by myself if anyone needs me.

You are probably right. That's why they want his blood. Though I don't think that any of them have the gene at all. And there's nothing wrong with left fieled I play that position often. :D

PG15
June 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Looks like Carter ain't in the episode:

Anonymous #1 writes: “ Is Travellers one of Amanda Tapping's fourteen episodes?”

Answer: Nope.

scifi_lemon
June 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM

Yay for team episodes!!! :P

Listy
June 3rd, 2007, 06:55 AM
Yay for team episodes!!! :P

No Sam showing up to save the day with her ship, so hopefully no easy rescue :D

scifi_lemon
June 3rd, 2007, 09:18 AM

Yay for tension and angst! :D:D:D

Redhooks
June 3rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Hopefully a lot of action stuff with Larrin since according to BamBam, a stunt double was needed for Jill Wagner. I also hope to see Larrin firing some guns either in this episode or one of the ones later in the season. Jill has her own gun collection and sometimes unwinds by going to the shooting range to fire at targets and shoot skeet. She says she doesn't hunt though and her Dad (an ex-Marine) taught her how to shoot starting at 12 or 13 years old. She is good friends with Jason Momoa and about the only SGA she saw before auditioning for the role was a tape of Jason's parts. BamBam hinted that she visited Jason on the SGA set last year while she was filming Blade: The Series in Vancouver. What I think is funny is Jill was comfortable with guns before she got the Blade job and Jason fired a gun for the first time when he was first cast as Ronon. I believe it was Peter DeLuise who made that comment during the DVD commentary for "Duet" when Ronon was in the shooting range with Sheppard.
I can't wait for this episode!!!

Gate Geek
June 4th, 2007, 03:35 AM

That's the best news I've heard today. Granted, its only 0630...but still. :D :D

sherryw
June 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
That's the best news I've heard today. Granted, its only 0630...but still. :D :D

GG you are so funny. :lol:

Mitchell82
June 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM

As much as I am looking forward to Carter coming over KEEP HER THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS SHEP WHUMP EP!

*Erika*
June 6th, 2007, 02:51 AM
As much as I am looking forward to Carter coming over KEEP HER THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS SHEP WHUMP EP!
Ditto!!!

Listy
June 6th, 2007, 11:07 AM

I completely and totally agree!! I am also looking forward to seeing Carter, but yup she needs to step away from the Shep whump this ep is ours!!!!
:D :D :D

Mitchell82
June 6th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I completely and totally agree!! I am also looking forward to seeing Carter, but yup she needs to step away from the Shep whump this ep is ours!!!!
:D :D :D

Indeed. Lets post armed guards at the gate for this one!

scifi_lemon
June 6th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Hmm...how about these as guards...

:jack_new_anime25: or :tealcanime23: :bratacanime13: :tealcanime44: :tealc39: or:mckayanime17: or:ronananime16: :ronananime01: or:psycho:

(hehe :D)

Gate Geek
June 7th, 2007, 03:51 AM

I say just keep the shield up. This way it would prevent Carter from coming through the gate. But what happens if she would arrive in her ship? *cries*

*Erika*
June 7th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I say just keep the shield up. This way it would prevent Carter from coming through the gate. But what happens if she would arrive in her ship? *cries*
Well, the city has shields too.

Gate Geek
June 7th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Well, the city has shields too.

:lol: I thought about that too....but it doesn't stop Carter from flying off to the Travelers ship and rescuing Shep....

But then again, she won't be in this ep so its all a moot point. I hope.

*Erika*
June 7th, 2007, 05:42 AM
:lol: I thought about that too....but it doesn't stop Carter from flying off to the Travelers ship and rescuing Shep....

Nah... the travelers will beat the crap out of her ship.

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 07:45 AM

I don't think she'll be in it so we don't need to worry. I don't mind hewr coming on but she doenst need to be in this ep.

Gate Geek
June 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I don't think she'll be in it so we don't need to worry. I don't mind hewr coming on but she doenst need to be in this ep.

EXACTLY!!!!! :D

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 11:35 AM
EXACTLY!!!!! :D

Unless she was affected by some mind altering drug or alien entity and ending up beating the crap out of Shep.

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Guys.. I hate to be the killjoy but it's been confirmed that Carter is not in this ep and, whilst I know you are only having fun, we're starting to skirt perilously close to character-bashing in this thread... and I'd hate to think anyone would feel uncomfortable in this general discussion thread...

How about we got back to discussing what we know is in the ep..?

Redhooks
June 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM
On-Topic: ;)
Didn't JM mention in an answer to a question on his blog that info on Ronon's gun will given out in Season 4? I was thinking that since the "Travelers" move around pillaging different worlds for new technology, they may have found more of these type of weapons on a world they pillaged. It seems more likely that the weapon info might be in "Reunion," but it was just a thought. If the info does come in this episode, then we could learn about a human culture who reached an advanced level, only to be exterminated by the Wraith. Any comments or do you think I've been thinking too hard to come up with something to talk about in this thread? :D

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I vote for option B.... ;) :D

Actually I think you're probably right that the info will come in Reunion but it's certainly an interesting idea. Who knows what other technologies the Travelers might have access to, from their generations of traveling the galaxy, making use of what they find.... OMG! They're intergalactic Wombles! :lol:

Redhooks
June 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
OMG! They're intergalactic Wombles! :lol:

:confused::confused::confused: Wombles? :confused::confused::confused:

Must be an UK reference.

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM
:confused::confused::confused: Wombles? :confused::confused::confused:

Must be an UK reference.

The Wombles:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/Wombles-4.jpg

Animated UK children's TV show, originally made and aired in the mid 1970s. Fictional creatures that lived on Wimbledon Common in London and collect and use whatever bits of things they find lying around the park...

The theme song lyrics included the line... "making good use of the things that they find, things that the everyday folks leave behind.." :D

Redhooks
June 7th, 2007, 04:14 PM
The Wombles:

Animated UK children's TV show, originally made and aired in the mid 1970s. Fictional creatures that lived on Wimbledon Common in London and collect and use whatever bits of things they find lying around the park...

The theme song lyrics included the line... "making good use of the things that they find, things that the everyday folks leave behind.." :D

Thanks!!! I knew it had to have a UK connection!!! :D
I just don't think the "Travelers" pick up abandoned stuff, they take what they want. Even a certain person's blood after they've been beaten and bound him. ;)

Gate Geek
June 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM
The Wombles:

Ok...that's just scary! :lol:

vaberella
June 7th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Oooh, I want to rip off a wombles nose. :D The one with the blue hat. Womble Whump! :D

Redhooks
June 7th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Guys.. I hate to be the killjoy... How about we got back to discussing what we know is in the ep..?
The following is on-topic?? ;) :p

The Wombles:

Actually I think you're probably right that the info will come in Reunion but it's certainly an interesting idea. Who knows what other technologies the Travelers might have access to, from their generations of traveling the galaxy, making use of what they find.... OMG! They're intergalactic Wombles! :lol:

I misunderstood your option B comment the first time I read it due to being perplexed about Wombles!!! :lol: So you think I'm thinking too hard huh? Why? Can you smell smoke drifting in from the Atlantic?? :D It is a speculation thread and I was just speculating a little!!! ;)

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
The following is on-topic?? ;) :p

That's entirely your fault.... I had to explain Wombles! :lol:

Redhooks
June 7th, 2007, 11:54 PM
That's entirely your fault.... I had to explain Wombles! :lol:
I had to think of a way to keep posting that funny picture!! :lol:

Getting back on-topic, I think you are right that we maybe able to see some new Ancient tech and other cool tech stuff that the "Travelers" have picked up in their travels. And if not in this episode, then maybe in BASMR or SoW? If the writers are up to it, this could be a great episode even without the whump SOME fans are squeeing about. :lol: IMO, there had be at least one other cool tech introduced in this ep. besides the Ancient warship and blood extracter.

Uber
June 8th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I had to think of a way to keep posting that funny picture!! :lol:

Getting back on-topic, I think you are right that we maybe able to see some new Ancient tech and other cool tech stuff that the "Travelers" have picked up in their travels. And if not in this episode, then maybe in BASMR or SoW? If the writers are up to it, this could be a great episode even without the whump SOME fans are squeeing about. :lol: IMO, there had be at least one other cool tech introduced in this ep. besides the Ancient warship and blood extracter.Yes there is...the Womblator!!!! Instantly wombolizes your foes with just a few clicks on the trigger.

Mark my words. We will see Shep carting around some big ol' gun designed by the ancients...and no one will know what it's for...except us. :)

Lauriel
June 8th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Yes there is...the Womblator!!!! Instantly wombolizes your foes with just a few clicks on the trigger.

Mark my words. We will see Shep carting around some big ol' gun designed by the ancients...and no one will know what it's for...except us. :)

:lol: :lol:

*wanders off singing.. "Underground, overground, Wombling free,
The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we..."*

DONNA BOOTH
June 8th, 2007, 03:55 AM
i read from one of the threads i can't remember which one but it said that the story of Ronans gun will be told i think thatll probably be the Episode Reunion:teyla::sheppard:

Ltcolshepjumper
June 8th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Yep. I've always wondered how Ronon just happened to find a gun that could kill the Wraith with one shot.

Rootortoise
June 8th, 2007, 07:12 AM

:lol: hahahahaha omg i loved the wombles!!!!!!
damn now i have the theme song in my head!!!LOL

i wonder if we will see some of the technology theyve stolen...knowing how they like to reuse props on the show we might see some genii things, asgard maybe lol

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM
i wonder if we will see some of the technology theyve stolen...knowing how they like to reuse props on the show we might see some genii things, asgard maybe lol

I don't think you will see any Asgard tech from anyone besides us. If the Travelers are as advanced as us, they would have better weapons and tech than what the Genii have, so why have inferior stuff, IMHO? Not only do TPTB like to reuse props, they love to reuse storylines (too many IMO). :rolleyes:

Linzi
June 8th, 2007, 01:18 PM
For anyone who's interested, there are a couple of clips of Travelers up here:

http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=62

Redhooks
June 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM
For anyone who's interested, there are a couple of clips of Travelers up here:

http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=62

Any of Jill Wagner???

Thanks for any info!!!
I'm at work and don't have and can't install Quicktime.

*Erika*
June 8th, 2007, 01:29 PM
The screencaps for the vid can be found here:

Travelers caps (http://x-erikah-x.livejournal.com/6517.html#cutid1)

PG15
June 8th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yup. :D

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Oooh this looks so awesome! Looks like we get to see Sheppy being beaten.. looks like Larrin walks in and interrupts the beating. Interesting to see what the "smooch and stun" scenario turns out to be. Have to admit I am wary of having Sheppard get in any way romantic with the woman who's essentially his captor but this race are supposed to be ambiguous and not outright baddies in time so I'll reserve judgement until I see just how they handle this.

Looks verrrrrry interesting ep from these clips! :D

*Erika*
June 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shep tied and beaten!!!!http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/erikakobori/Smilies/3080emo-messbrasil.gif

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 02:03 PM
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shep tied and beaten!!!!http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/erikakobori/Smilies/3080emo-messbrasil.gif

Awesome smilie! :D Pretty much exactly sums up how I feel right now! :lol:

*Erika*
June 8th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Awesome smilie! :D Pretty much exactly sums up how I feel right now! :lol:

It really does sums up! I can't stop it!!!!http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/erikakobori/Smilies/3080emo-messbrasil.gif

Pegasus_SGA
June 8th, 2007, 02:09 PM
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*bounces*

I have no idea what's going on, but i'm loving it. As I couldn't access the vid. *stomps foot vigarously* i'm not sure how the clips have played out. Do all the caps relate to Travelers? Or are they a mix of a few eps?

Shep and Larrin... *reserving judgement* :lol: I don't know who smooched who first, or why, so i'm gonna keep my big mouth shut for the time being, and patiently await for it to air...

*waits*

*waits some more*

*2 mins go by*

*drums fingers*

Okay... I really can't do patient. What the heck happend? :lol:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/erikakobori/Smilies/3080emo-messbrasil.gif Snurched your fab smiley Erika, hope you don't mind :D But... squeeeeeeee

*Erika*
June 8th, 2007, 02:14 PM
*bounces*

I have no idea what's going on, but i'm loving it. As I couldn't access the vid. *stomps foot vigarously* i'm not sure how the clips have played out. Do all the caps relate to Travelers? Or are they a mix of a few eps?

Shep and Larrin... *reserving judgement* :lol: I don't know who smooched who first, or why, so i'm gonna keep my big mouth shut for the time being, and patiently await for it to air...

*waits*

*waits some more*

*2 mins go by*

*drums fingers*

Okay... I really can't do patient. What the heck happend? :lol:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/erikakobori/Smilies/3080emo-messbrasil.gif Snurched your fab smiley Erika, hope you don't mind :D But... squeeeeeeee
It starts with Shep being taken by the guards and stumbling, then cuts to a big guard on a attacking stance and Shep tied to a chair and looking like he was hit by the guy, Larrin arrives at that moment and gets near Shep's chair. Then cuts to a stunner being put on Shep's gut and the camera pans up to show both kissing and pulling back, with Larrin having a grin on her face (I wonder why) and Shep doesn't move the whole scene.

DONNA BOOTH
June 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
i can't wait for this eppy now i can't believe it another jt hug