PDA

View Full Version : The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

ur uncle urgo
March 31st, 2007, 08:30 AM
o plz o hope the ship looks nicer than that all the other ones they have found were in bad shape but they looked better than that. i hope thats just them still putting it together. i dont want to see the ship falling to pieces.

PG15
March 31st, 2007, 01:44 PM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but the premise for this episode sounds suspiciously like a fanfic I once read, only the fic had McKay instead of Sheppard. We'll see, I guess.

Considering that there are thousands of fanfics out there, it's not out of the ordinary for one of them to be similar to an actual episode.

Copernicus
March 31st, 2007, 02:08 PM
You guys want some pics of the inside of this thing? ;)

Link 1 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3P5KYPkrI/AAAAAAAACZI/Gzx9LsXSAtA/s1600-h/DSC03083.JPG)

Link 2 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PpKYPkqI/AAAAAAAACZA/Fx3yqYraxQM/s1600-h/DSC03087.JPG)

Link 3 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PgKYPkpI/AAAAAAAACY4/qYb43pISm3U/s1600-h/DSC03086.JPG)

Links taken from Joe Mallozzi's blog. Now, all he said was that they were sets for "Travelers" so it might NOT be the ship. Still, from what we know...it probably is.
It looks like it's Firefly class.

Redhooks
March 31st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Haven't seen any of Jill Wagner's previous work so no idea what she is like.

You can see a little of Jill in TV commercials for Mercury cars where she has been the spokesperson for almost 2 years. Go to www.mercuryvehicles.com and look under Media/ TV ads. Jill is an up and coming actress whose first major role was in last year's Blade: The Series. She describes herself as a "tough Southern Chick," so she is no shrinking violet. I think she will be great in this role. If some of the rumours of the character of Larrin are true, I definitely would not mind being thunked by her!
You can also see her in the 2nd season DVD of Punk'd where she was a "Field Agent" and her most memorable prank, to me, was of Katie Holmes. MTV2 sometimes runs mini-marathons of Punk'd, so you might catch some of her episodes there. On MTV June 5 at 9 PM there will be a Punk'd awards show and she may or may not be on that, but I think the Katie Holmes bit will have at least a clip shown.
I agree with your comment that she is way too beautiful to have any prosthetics on and anyway, I think Larrin's race will be Human.

She has a MySpace page at www.myspace.com/jillwagner

Redhooks

Boxytheboxed
April 1st, 2007, 05:30 AM
im actually excited over a mostly shep ep.

Rootortoise
April 1st, 2007, 06:03 AM
You can see a little of Jill in TV commercials for Mercury cars where she has been the spokesperson for almost 2 years. Go to www.mercuryvehicles.com and look under Media/ TV ads. Jill is an up and coming actress whose first major role was in last year's Blade: The Series. She describes herself as a "tough Southern Chick," so she is no shrinking violet. I think she will be great in this role. If some of the rumours of the character of Larrin are true, I definitely would not mind being thunked by her!
You can also see her in the 2nd season DVD of Punk'd where she was a "Field Agent" and her most memorable prank, to me, was of Katie Holmes. MTV2 sometimes runs mini-marathons of Punk'd, so you might catch some of her episodes there. On MTV June 5 at 9 PM there will be a Punk'd awards show and she may or may not be on that, but I think the Katie Holmes bit will have at least a clip shown.
I agree with your comment that she is way too beautiful to have any prosthetics on and anyway, I think Larrin's race will be Human.

Redhooks
for those in the UK with sky you can catch jill on blade...its on the BRAVO channel tomorrow at 10PM (double bill).
from what ive seen i think she definately has the potential to be a bad ass!!:D

Listy
April 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM

Redhooks

for those in the UK with sky you can catch jill on blade...its on the BRAVO channel tomorrow at 10PM (double bill).
from what ive seen i think she definately has the potential to be a bad ass!!:D

Thanks for the infor guys :)

From what people have been saying she sounds really promising, hope she is really good and they have Larrin as a really badass strong character, I hope she is gonna kick the [email protected] out of Shep :) this ep is gonna be fab!!

Gate Geek
April 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM
You guys want some pics of the inside of this thing? ;)

Link 1 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3P5KYPkrI/AAAAAAAACZI/Gzx9LsXSAtA/s1600-h/DSC03083.JPG)

Link 2 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PpKYPkqI/AAAAAAAACZA/Fx3yqYraxQM/s1600-h/DSC03087.JPG)

Link 3 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PgKYPkpI/AAAAAAAACY4/qYb43pISm3U/s1600-h/DSC03086.JPG)

Links taken from Joe Mallozzi's blog. Now, all he said was that they were sets for "Travelers" so it might NOT be the ship. Still, from what we know...it probably is.

I got to walk through part of this set last weekend. It was uber cool! Sure looks like they added a few more things making it look a lot less 'cleaner'.

I so can't wait to see this ep. How much longer? GRR!

McSwift
April 3rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Do others think that the Lantians built other ships besides the PJ, Atlantis ships, and the Aurora class ships?

I had the impression that in Season 1 that when the video projection was playing, the deligation that negotiated with the wraith had their "most powerful ships" protecting them.

Could the

Latian Battleship be another class of ship?

It always got me that the Aurora was always just a Frigate / Destroyer sized ship, whereas something larger than the aurora could be a flag ship.

Besides. The Atlantis sized city ship would be far too large for battlefield warfare.

Skydiver
April 3rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
slight OT for a second. why the other thread was merged into this one. We're trying to keep each episode specuation down to one thread each. That way it's easier for folks to avoid spoilers, but also to keep the topics in one unified place.

majortrip
April 3rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
But is it confirmed the Ancient ship is actually inside the generational ship? :confused:
From what I've seen, it's under the ship.

Larrin opens a set of hangar doors under Sheppard and a ship is viewed from there, with the stars in view. It says it's huge, "similar to Aurora class".

Integrabyte
April 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
By the time this episode airs we will be locked up in asylums :P and Joe won't have fans to criticise his work :P.

Alipeeps
April 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM

Larrin opens a set of hangar doors under Sheppard and a ship is viewed from there, with the stars in view. It says it's huge, "similar to Aurora class".

Ooooh.. where've you read that?

Mitchell82
April 3rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
I got to walk through part of this set last weekend. It was uber cool! Sure looks like they added a few more things making it look a lot less 'cleaner'.

I so can't wait to see this ep. How much longer? GRR!

Too long.

majortrip
April 3rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
Ooooh.. where've you read that?

I'll PM you.:sheppard:

ussrelativity
April 3rd, 2007, 05:25 PM

If you are willing, PM me too.

Gate Geek
April 3rd, 2007, 05:53 PM

Stop it!! You're killing me with this kind of information. I will not survive the wait till this ep airs.

Can you provide a link or info on where you got your hands on this juicy tidbit? Pretty please? i'm not above begging here............

jillynn1975
April 3rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hello, I have been reading the board for a few weeks now but new to posting.

I saw you were pm'ing some info on Travelers. Can I request that info?

Thanks!

Mitchell82
April 3rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Hello, I have been reading the board for a few weeks now but new to posting.

I saw you were pm'ing some info on Travelers. Can I request that info?

Thanks!

Yeah me too. The more info the merrier. Please PM me too.

Redhooks
April 3rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
It sounds like somebody saw part of the script. Maybe from somebody who was in a casting session for a role. Or maybe an extra on the set. This episode is being filmed right now I believe.

Just my opinion.

You should've just PM'ed the person without announcing it. Now everyone is going to be "me too, me too!" ;)

Redhooks
April 10th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Even though the "Travelers" capture and torture Sheppard, do you think they will turn out to be allies or foes of Atlantis? I wonder if the gene therapy Dr. Beckett developed would work on them? This might be part of the resolution of the episode.

I also wonder how many more episodes this race will be in? The news article announcing JW as Larrin stated that this role might be a recurring one (more the better IMHO ;) ). It also said this race was a "wildcard." Anyone think this race maybe will be used like the Genii in the earlier seasons?

sherryw
April 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Even though the "Travelers" capture and torture Sheppard, do you think they will turn out to be allies or foes of Atlantis? I wonder if the gene therapy Dr. Beckett developed would work on them? This might be part of the resolution of the episode.

I also wonder how many more episodes this race will be in? The news article announcing JW as Larrin stated that this role might be a recurring one (more the better IMHO ;) ). It also said this race was a "wildcard." Anyone think this race maybe will be used like the Genii in the earlier seasons?

I have a feeling that they are going to agree in the end that they have a common enemy (wraith) and leave it at that. I do think that they will be like the Genii and will appear now and then in a storyline.

IMO I don't think that they are going to give the Larrin and gang the gene therapy. The reason I say that is because they have an Ancient ship why would they give Larrin's people the ability to attack them? They have already proven that they just take what they want, by taking Sheppard and they (according to the spoilers we've seen for this ep) have taken him for his gene. Again in my opinion the Lanteans would be asking for trouble if they shared the gene therapy.

All I know is I can't wait to see this episode. How much longer till fall? :D

PG15
April 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, more views of the sets for this episode:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RhwrZUqkQyI/AAAAAAAACl4/fVHpNeo2Edk/s1600-h/DSC03371.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RhwrS0qkQxI/AAAAAAAAClw/xLUFWi_cny8/s1600-h/DSC03373.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RhwrH0qkQwI/AAAAAAAAClo/uURHbKw-WPc/s1600-h/DSC03381.JPG

That last one depicts a prison cell. ;)

(The guy in those photos is Will Waring)

Gate Geek
April 10th, 2007, 06:57 PM

I'm thinking this new race will be more of "need based" allies.

If tptb do this right, they could be worthy race to deal with- can't trust em as far as you can throw them, but still need to be on somewhat good terms cause ya never know when you may need their assistance.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

I sincerely hope the gene therapy and the offer of it stays out of this episode. It's too easy of an out and its been overdone already.

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2007, 09:32 PM

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RhwrZUqkQyI/AAAAAAAACl4/fVHpNeo2Edk/s1600-h/DSC03371.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RhwrS0qkQxI/AAAAAAAAClw/xLUFWi_cny8/s1600-h/DSC03373.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RhwrH0qkQwI/AAAAAAAAClo/uURHbKw-WPc/s1600-h/DSC03381.JPG

Damn you! Now I want season 4 now! *puts in season 2 dvd to quell the wait* Damn SCifi channel!

Redhooks
April 10th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I just posted some pics of Jill Wagner in the Hottie Pic Thread if anyone is interested.

Here is the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42932

I don't know about Sheppard, but I'd give her some blood if she just smiled at me! ;) Oh, wait! as long as she didn't take it out with her fangs!! (Blade joke)

Linzi
April 10th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Damn you! Now I want season 4 now! *puts in season 2 dvd to quell the wait* Damn SCifi channel!
I want season 4 now too! When the new seasons premiered in July it was so good. It's April now, so we'd only have 3 months to wait. We still don't know when in the fall season 4 will premiere! Please let it be September, rather than November! :eek: I want to see Travelers now...okay, it hasn't finished filming yet...but that's a minor glitch ;)

angelwings9
April 11th, 2007, 03:56 AM

oh nice set. thanks for posting these, now i know what everyones been yamering about! lol. hum... prison cell and Sheppard? what is a girl to do!;)

Sheppard's Delight
April 11th, 2007, 10:00 AM
oh nice set. thanks for posting these, now i know what everyones been yamering about! lol. hum... prison cell and Sheppard? what is a girl to do!;)

Ummm probably the best thing to do is have one mighty long squeeee!!!!;)

Listy
April 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Ummm probably the best thing to do is have one mighty long squeeee!!!!;)

:lol: I am with you on that one :)

As for the whole Allie/enemy thing I kind of hope for them to be enemies (probably because where there are enemies there's whump potential :) ), but I don't see it happening, I agree with Gate Geek on how it will probably end up.

Gate Geek
April 11th, 2007, 06:54 PM
:lol: I am with you on that one :)

As for the whole Allie/enemy thing I kind of hope for them to be enemies (probably because where there are enemies there's whump potential :) ), but I don't see it happening, I agree with Gate Geek on how it will probably end up.

Someone agrees with me?? The world is coming to an end. :D

SD - I can't maintain a squee that long....my voice keeps giving out. Can you continue for me while I rest up a bit?

Mitchell82
April 11th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I want season 4 now too! When the new seasons premiered in July it was so good. It's April now, so we'd only have 3 months to wait. We still don't know when in the fall season 4 will premiere! Please let it be September, rather than November! :eek: I want to see Travelers now...okay, it hasn't finished filming yet...but that's a minor glitch ;)

LOL I know but the good news is we won't half to wait for the second half or at least not as long and likely know about season 5 long in advance.

Redhooks
April 11th, 2007, 09:44 PM

You think you have to wait long, it will be about a year since I saw Jill Wagner in a large role in a program when this episode airs. You at least have re-runs and DVDs of past seasons to watch, Spike TV didn't show any re-runs of Blade after the last episode and there is no news of any DVD yet. :confused: The only thing new has been one, 30 sec., Mercury commercial which started airing about three weeks ago. I'm really disappointed the new episodes won't start until the Fall. The one thing that will help me get through the wait is if Jill in featured in at least 2 or 3 more episodes this season. :)

Sheppard's Delight
April 11th, 2007, 11:39 PM

SD - I can't maintain a squee that long....my voice keeps giving out. Can you continue for me while I rest up a bit?

I certainly will do!!!!!;)

Listy
April 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM

:lol: yup I do!!! *looks around sheepishly
Ok so its Friday 13th and its suddenly come in all foggy should I worry ??

As for the Squeeeing I think there are enough of us to keep it going indefinately :)

Travelers is gonna be so cool!!

ata_beckett
April 16th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hmm...

I haven't read through all fifteen pages of this thread yet...

but has there been any Kolya speculation?

Because I STILL don't believe he's dead.

Linzi
April 16th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Hmm...

I haven't read through all fifteen pages of this thread yet...

but has there been any Kolya speculation?

Because I STILL don't believe he's dead.
Kolya won't be appearing in Travelers, alas. Who knows about the rest of the season. It seems death has no meaning in Scifi ;)

Brivilya Almasy
April 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Im sooooo excited for the episode!! I love seeing Shep and ill take as much as i can get of him ^_^

Sheppard's Delight
April 16th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Im sooooo excited for the episode!! I love seeing Shep and ill take as much as i can get of him ^_^

Oh I do too!!!!!!:)

Linzi
April 16th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Oh I do too!!!!!!:)
Ditto! ;)

Gate Geek
April 17th, 2007, 04:21 AM
I'd just like to add my SQUEEE fro Travelers now that I found my voice again. :D Thanks SD and others for helping me out there.

Bring on the Sheppy!!!!!!

Sheppard's Delight
April 17th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I'd just like to add my SQUEEE fro Travelers now that I found my voice again. :D Thanks SD and others for helping me out there.

Bring on the Sheppy!!!!!!

You must be careful with your Squeee- keep it in a safe place so that it doesnt get lost!!!!!:)

sherryw
April 17th, 2007, 07:30 AM
You must be careful with your Squeee- keep it in a safe place so that it doesnt get lost!!!!!:)

I think there's enough of us around to keep an eye out for it and to reel it back if it gets too far.

I also want to add my thoughts here as well and they are I can't wait until this episode airs. :D

Pegasus_SGA
April 17th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I think there's enough of us around to keep an eye out for it and to reel it back if it gets too far.

I also want to add my thoughts here as well and they are I can't wait until this episode airs. :D

And our numbers are growing :D hehehehe.

I am going to make a very wild and out there prediction :D That we will see
Shep (shirtless of course) hot and sweaty hooked up to an organic ship, mind probed with electrodes attached to his chest and having to be rescued :D

Now shall we get back to reality :lol:

Sheppard's Delight
April 17th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Shep (shirtless of course) hot and sweaty hooked up to an organic ship, mind probed with electrodes attached to his chest and having to be rescued :D

:lol: oh how we wish!!!!!

Listy
April 17th, 2007, 01:07 PM

Shep Whump - Hell Yeah!!! can't wait to see this ep

Gate Geek
April 17th, 2007, 01:14 PM

Uhh...Guh....*is dead*

SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Do we have to go back to reality.

Redhooks
April 17th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Shep Whump - Hell Yeah!!! can't wait to see this ep

The best thing that can happen in this episode, IMO, is that Sheppard's "Captain Kirking" persona is not used to win over Larrin. I think he needs to be put in his place and be rejected. Then all these "Whumpers" will go away!!! ;) This is not needed in Sci-Fi. There only needs to be great looking FEMALE characters for the REAL Sci-Fi fans - MEN!!!!

Don't flame me because this post is purely tongue-in-cheek. :cool:

Besides, it would be an interesting story arc if Sheppard doesn't get the girl and some unlikely character does. It would lead to more stories with Larrin and her people so I can see more of Jill Wagner onscreen!!!

Sheppard's Delight
April 17th, 2007, 01:53 PM
The best thing that can happen in this episode, IMO, is that Sheppard's "Captain Kirking" persona is not used to win over Larrin. I think he needs to be put in his place and be rejected. Then all these "Whumpers" will go away!!! ;) This is not needed in Sci-Fi. There only needs to be great looking FEMALE characters for the REAL Sci-Fi fans - MEN!!!!

Besides, it would be an interesting story arc if Sheppard doesn't get the girl and some unlikely character does. It would lead to more stories with Larrin and her people so I can see more of Jill Wagner onscreen!!!

Flame you???? We dont whump people in general - only Sheppy!

Pegasus_SGA
April 17th, 2007, 01:56 PM

*cough*

The Larrin character is so gonna kick Shep's ass, so I really can't see him wanting to get all snuggly with her. And the whole kirking, don't make me get on my soapbox, it's not pretty :lol:

Lol @ SD, she's so right :D Besides, people are only scared of us cos they don't know us, when they get to know us, they won't be scared, they'll be petrified ;) :p :D

Redhooks
April 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
*cough*

The Larrin character is so gonna kick Shep's ass, so I really can't see him wanting to get all snuggly with her. And the whole kirking, don't make me get on my soapbox, it's not pretty :lol:

I made mention of the Kirking thing because I just got the season 1 and 2 DVDs and watched a lot of episodes over the weekend and loved McKay's comments to Sheppard about "Kirk and so 1967" and "what is with you and ascended women?":lol:

Pegasus_SGA
April 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I made mention of the Kirking thing because I just got the season 1 and 2 DVDs and watched a lot of episodes over the weekend and loved McKay's comments to Sheppard about "Kirk and so 1967" and "what is with you and ascended women?":lol:

Lol, I love it when McKay says it :D

Back on topic :D

Travelers, a gift to the whumpers :D :D

sherryw
April 17th, 2007, 06:05 PM

:lol: No flames here.

I see the whumpers have stormed the Travelers thread. :D

The Larrin character is so gonna kick Shep's ass, so I really can't see him wanting to get all snuggly with her. And the whole kirking, don't make me get on my soapbox, it's not pretty

Well said Peggy. :lol:

Elinor
April 17th, 2007, 11:12 PM

LOL!!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-103.gif

Redhooks
April 17th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Somebody asked Joe M. in his blog today if this episode was done shooting (principle photography), but Joe did not choose to answer it. :( I'm wondering if this new race will appear in any more episodes in the first half of the season?

Pegasus_SGA
April 18th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Somebody asked Joe M. in his blog today if this episode was done shooting (principle photography), but Joe did not choose to answer it. :( I'm wondering if this new race will appear in any more episodes in the first half of the season?

That would be me :D I know I was a bit gutted, so maybe it's not wrapped up yet? Or maybe I need to word it a little differently ;) :p :D

Linzi
April 18th, 2007, 02:52 AM
That would be me :D I know I was a bit gutted, so maybe it's not wrapped up yet? Or maybe I need to word it a little differently ;) :p :D
I asked the same question too! :lol:

Pegasus_SGA
April 18th, 2007, 03:02 AM
I asked the same question too! :lol:

:lol: We must all have been on the same wave length yesterday :D I think we all posted at the same time didn't we? :lol: That's just freaky hehehehe, we're starting to think as one :eek: :p

Redhooks
April 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM
In my opinion, the main part of shooting this episode must be done. In JM's blog, he said the table read was done on March 30 so the main scenes were probably filmed the next week to week and a half. All the FX stuff and post-production stuff may not be done and after editing a rough cut of the episode, there may be reshoots.

Listy
April 18th, 2007, 11:46 AM

No flames for you they are reserved for Shep :)

*cough*

Lol @ SD, she's so right :D Besides, people are only scared of us cos they don't know us, when they get to know us, they won't be scared, they'll be petrified ;) :p :D

Totally agree well said!!!

Redhooks
April 18th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I used a different tack today on JM's blog and asked about the new group of Humans from Travelers being in any other episodes this season and since filming is done on Travelers, if he was happy with his casting of Jill Wagner as Larrin. If he answers the second question, then the filming is done.

sherryw
April 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I used a different tack today on JM's blog and asked about the new group of Humans from Travelers being in any other episodes this season and since filming is done on Travelers, if he was happy with his casting of Jill Wagner as Larrin. If he answers the second question, then the filming is done.

I believe he answered your question. Sounds promising.

PG15
April 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM

And he did:

Anonymous #5 writes: “Can you tell us how many more episodes the new group of Humans introduced in "Travelers" will appear in Season 4? After filming Travelers, do you think your casting of Jill Wagner as Larrin was a good choice?”

Answer: Jill is great as Larrin. Her group will put in at least one reappearance in the back of season four.

Redhooks
April 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM

I know I'm now petrified. :p I have been looking at the Shep Whump thread and you people are FRIGHTENING! :eek:

Sheppard's Delight
April 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I know I'm now petrified. :p I have been looking at the Shep Whump thread and you people are FRIGHTENING! :eek:

Really????

You must not be frightened - we are really lovely caring people honestly!!!!

We only whump Shep - only so we can look after him!!!:)

sherryw
April 19th, 2007, 05:52 PM

Don't be frightened :D there are a lot of smart and talented whumpers on that thread who write terrific stories and who figure out JM's riddles. Come on and join the fun you know you want to, but I must give you a warning. You may need a splash guard for your keyboard and that's all I'm going to say. :D

Redhooks
April 19th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Come on and join the fun you know you want to, but I must give you a warning. You may need a splash guard for your keyboard and that's all I'm going to say. :D

What??? Now I am even more frightened!!!

sherryw
April 19th, 2007, 08:45 PM

:lol: What I meant by that was that we have a few comedians in our midst on the whumper thread and many of us have been taking a drink while reading something funny and our keyboard took the brunt of it. :D There not so bad ... unless your the keyboard er or Shep. :D

Redhooks
April 19th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Enough stirring the pot of the Whumpers. :D

Getting back on topic. Throwing out some (OK lots) questions for discussion.

What level of technology do you think this group has? Obviously enough to build a spaceship, but is it powered by atomic power? Fusion reactors? Some other power source? They can build and deploy satellites, so they have to be at least the level of Earth without all the tech gained from the Asgard. What kind of personal weapons, guns, lasers, stunners something else? Is the chief scientist as talented as McKay? :mckay:
Do they keep their ship away from habitable planets so the Wraith can't find them? If they do, they must have smaller ships at least as supply ships unless they grow all there own food on board. Do they have any fighters like the 302's or Wraith darts? Do they capture Sheppard in a Puddle Jumper or when he is on some planet?

This should be enough for now. How long until this episode airs? answer: TOO LONG!!!!

sherryw
April 20th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Enough stirring the pot of the Whumpers. :D

Getting back on topic. Throwing out some (OK lots) questions for discussion.

What level of technology do you think this group has? Obviously enough to build a spaceship, but is it powered by atomic power? Fusion reactors? Some other power source? They can build and deploy satellites, so they have to be at least the level of Earth without all the tech gained from the Asgard. What kind of personal weapons, guns, lasers, stunners something else? Is the chief scientist as talented as McKay? :mckay:
Do they keep their ship away from habitable planets so the Wraith can't find them? If they do, they must have smaller ships at least as supply ships unless they grow all there own food on board. Do they have any fighters like the 302's or Wraith darts? Do they capture Sheppard in a Puddle Jumper or when he is on some planet?

This should be enough for now. How long until this episode airs? answer: TOO LONG!!!!

Well from what I read on JM's blog I believe that the opening scene is Sheppard in the PJ (I will have to see if I can find it). So I think he gets captured Puddle Jumper and all and if that's the case I look forward to seeing how they are going to get him out. It could be that when they bring the PJ into their landing bay, the bay may be empty of people and Shep will probably come out on his own. Who knows, but I love speculating.

I would imagine their technology may be similiar to our own, but I doubt think they would have projectile weapons (P90) since they are living on a ship. I also don't think that their scientists are as smart as McKay if they were they would have been able to get the Ancient ship to work. :D

I don't think they have fighters, but I bet that have some great fire power at their disposal. The only reason I would imagine that they don't have fighters is that they would have to scrape up parts to keep them working.

Thanks for the questions and hopefully this will keep the speculation going. I'm really looking forward to this episode as well as S4 as a whole.

Mitchell82
April 20th, 2007, 07:50 AM

Don't be frightened we're nice we swear!

Redhooks
April 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I would imagine their technology may be similiar to our own, but I doubt think they would have projectile weapons (P90) since they are living on a ship. I also don't think that their scientists are as smart as McKay if they were they would have been able to get the Ancient ship to work. :D

I agree about the P90s (or slug throwers as they were called on B5) not being a viable weapon on the ship, but on a planet they would work without destroying everything. :D I think their scientists can't make the ship work due to their lack of Ancient genes, hence the interface they have that needs the Genetic code from Sheppard, not from lack of intelligence, IMO.

Gate Geek
April 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM

We're not as frightening as........um......well......damn, I can't think of anything. :o

Do you think we'll see any kids on the Travelers ship?

Redhooks
April 20th, 2007, 04:31 PM

We probably will, but the question I have is will Sheppard leave any future children after his visit??? :D Just a zinger at the Shep fans!!!!

sherryw
April 20th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I agree about the P90s (or slug throwers as they were called on B5) not being a viable weapon on the ship, but on a planet they would work without destroying everything. :D I think their scientists can't make the ship work due to their lack of Ancient genes, hence the interface they have that needs the Genetic code from Sheppard, not from lack of intelligence, IMO.

I believe you right with regards to them not being able to make the ship work because they lack the ancient gene. I wonder with them taking Sheppard's blood if they will at some point be able to synthesize the ATA gene like Beckett did.

We're not as frightening as........um......well......damn, I can't think of anything. :o

We probably will, but the question I have is will Sheppard leave any future children after his visit??? :D Just a zinger at the Shep fans!!!!

:D Redhooks you are too funny. No I don't think that we will see any little Sheppard's running around. I do think that there will or should be children, but I don't know if we will see them or not. It would be my best guess that Larrin isn't going to keep Sheppard near any children since he's being held against his will and he could pose a threat to Larrin's people. Even though all us Sheppard fans know that he would never endanger any children. :D

Redhooks
April 22nd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Joe M.'s blog showed a picture of the blood extracting apparatus used in Travelers. I wonder if Wags is getting tired of dealing with blood/serum extracting/injecting props she has to have used in the last 18 months while filming in Vancouver? :confused:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RiqlvgqupGI/AAAAAAAACyc/a_y9SKkJM5M/s1600-h/DSC03811.JPG

Joe also answered another question relating to Travelers:

Shelley Templar writes: “if you could create a charcter or race tat could appear in *Atlantis*, what/who would they be and what would they be like?”

Answer: Check out seasons four’s Travelers for the answer to this question.

Hmm? Might this be a reference to the unlikely alliance comment in his blog for the episode after the mid-season two-parter? What I mean is the Travelers might help Atlantis out even after what they do to Sheppard and our team's response to it.

This is shaping up to be more than a Shep Whumping episode if the writers are setting something up in the episode for later season 4 stories.

Listy
April 22nd, 2007, 04:05 AM
Joe M.'s blog showed a picture of the blood extracting apparatus used in Travelers. I wonder if Wags is getting tired of dealing with blood/serum extracting/injecting props she has to have used in the last 18 months while filming in Vancouver? :confused:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RiqlvgqupGI/AAAAAAAACyc/a_y9SKkJM5M/s1600-h/DSC03811.JPG

Joe also answered another question relating to Travelers:

Shelley Templar writes: “if you could create a charcter or race tat could appear in *Atlantis*, what/who would they be and what would they be like?”

Answer: Check out seasons four’s Travelers for the answer to this question.

Hmm? Might this be a reference to the unlikely alliance comment in his blog for the episode after the mid-season two-parter? What I mean is the Travelers might help Atlantis out even after what they do to Sheppard and our team's response to it.

This is shaping up to be more than a Shep Whumping episode if the writers are setting something up in the episode for later season 4 stories.

OMG that pic on JM's bloghas me squeeing!!

The whumper in me wants that device so badly If the device is used in sheps neck his head will just be pushed to the side if its in his arm maybe he would be able to lift his head and see them insert the needle and we would see his facial reaction and he could struggle a bit more

This is going to be one fantastic episode whump aside, it has such potential I really can't wait.

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 08:41 AM

How about an Adria Goa'uld/Wraith hybrid?

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Hey guys check this out
It seems to be a needle of some kind.

Redhooks
April 22nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Hey guys check this out
It seems to be a needle of some kind.

I already have. See 3 posts above yours.

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
I already have. See 3 posts above yours.

oops:D ;)

Redhooks
April 23rd, 2007, 08:47 AM
I got an e-mail yesterday confirming there was a lot of whumping of Shep in this episode but no details. I know this isn't a revelation but just a confirmation.

Linzi
April 23rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
I got an e-mail yesterday confirming there was a lot of whumping of Shep in this episode but no details. I know this isn't a revelation but just a confirmation.
Interesting, to say the least! Thanks for passing that on. How reliable is your source? :)

Redhooks
April 23rd, 2007, 09:47 PM
Interesting, to say the least! Thanks for passing that on. How reliable is your source? :)

Pretty reliable. ;) Of course, one person's "a lot" maybe "not that much" to someone else. It is all perspective.

In other news:

Larrin will be in another episode that will be filming in a few weeks according to a bulletin Jill Wagner placed on her MySpace page yesterday. This confirms the comment made by JM on his blog last week. You can see it at www.myspace.com/jillwagner but you have to have a MySpace account to see it, which is free.

Linzi
April 23rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Pretty reliable. ;) Of course, one person's "a lot" maybe "not that much" to someone else. It is all perspective.

In other news:

Larrin will be in another episode that will be filming in a few weeks according to a bulletin Jill Wagner placed on her MySpace page yesterday. This confirms the comment made by JM on his blog last week. You can see it at www.myspace.com/jillwagner but you have to have a MySpace account to see it, which is free.
Thanks for that!!! That's good news! :)

Sheppard's Delight
April 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM

In other news:

Well one person's a lot at least means some right!?;) The whumpers are happy with that!!!!:)

Thanks for passing on the news!!!!!

Gate Geek
April 24th, 2007, 04:22 AM

In other news:

Larrin will be in another episode that will be filming in a few weeks according to a bulletin Jill Wagner placed on her MySpace page yesterday. This confirms the comment made by JM on his blog last week. You can see it at www.myspace.com/jillwagner (http://www.myspace.com/jillwagner) but you have to have a MySpace account to see it, which is free.

Thank you for sharing!! I'd be interested to see which of the following ep your source would rate the amount of whump received too: 38 Minutes, The Defiant One, The Long Goodbye, Common Ground or Echoes.
Yeah, I'm desperate. I don't want the details of the whump. Just trying to gauge if its a bit, some or lots as defined by my whumper scale. :o

I don't have a MySpace account so can't read the article, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this race plays in future eps. Sounds promising.

Redhooks
April 24th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Thank you for sharing!! I'd be interested to see which of the following ep your source would rate the amount of whump received too: 38 Minutes, The Defiant One, The Long Goodbye, Common Ground or Echoes.
Yeah, I'm desperate. I don't want the details of the whump. Just trying to gauge if its a bit, some or lots as defined by my whumper scale. :o

I don't have a MySpace account so can't read the article, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this race plays in future eps. Sounds promising.

I'm sorry, but my source won't give details. The "article" doesn't reveal anymore than I stated, sorry to give you the impression that it did. :o

Gate Geek
April 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry, but my source won't give details. The "article" doesn't reveal anymore than I stated, sorry to give you the impression that it did. :o

Don't worry about hon. I really wasn't expecting anything but ya know, I had to ask anyways. :o

I apprecaite what you did provide. That'll keep me squeeing for days. :)

So....how many more days till Travelers airs???

Redhooks
April 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM
So....how many more days till Travelers airs???

WAY TOO MANY!!!!!

Sheppard's Delight
April 24th, 2007, 01:09 PM
WAY TOO MANY!!!!!

You can say that again!!!!!:(

Rootortoise
April 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
You can say that again!!!!!:(
Way too many!!!!!!!:D

Gate Geek
April 24th, 2007, 03:01 PM
So let me get this straight...Travelers speculation has Shep bound and beaten, blood drawn (I love that schematic), interfacing with alien tech by being forced to use his ATA gene?

Can I just say Squeee!!!!!

Redhooks
April 24th, 2007, 03:48 PM

If you are asking, I'd say that term needs to be reserved for some other thread and not this one. ;)

The whumpers really have overtaken the Travelers Thread!! *Shouting to other MALE Stargate fans* I need help!!! I'm being overun!!!!:D :D :D :D

Gate Geek
April 24th, 2007, 03:55 PM
If you are asking, I'd say that term needs to be reserved for some other thread and not this one. ;)

The whumpers really have overtaken the Travelers Thread!! *Shouting to other MALE Stargate fans* I need help!!! I'm being overun!!!!:D :D :D :D

:lol: If it helps any I squeed in the DG thread too. :) So it is being spread around.

And as for support, you can always hope Shep does a bit of whumping to Larrin. That way you can Squee as well. :) Or do guys not squee?

Redhooks
April 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM
:lol: you can always hope Shep does a bit of whumping to Larrin. That way you can Squee as well. :) Or do guys not squee?

That is not necessary. She just has to look and act real good. Jill got whumped enough for me in Blade:The Series. Probably too much, which is why I'm not sorry it was cancelled. It also helped that I thought the writing was abysmal. I also don't like the whole Vampire-genre, so I am glad Jill is in something else, even if she is only a guest star.

Gate Geek
April 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
That is not necessary. She just has to look and act real good. Jill got whumped enough for me in Blade:The Series. Probably too much, which is why I'm not sorry it was cancelled. It also helped that I thought the writing was abysmal. I also don't like the whole Vampire-genre, so I am glad Jill is in something else, even if she is only a guest star.

Never watched Blade. So I can't comment. Hopefully she'll be really good at beating the crap outta Sheppy and we'll both get what we want and be able to squee. :D

Redhooks
April 24th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Hopefully she'll be really good at beating the crap outta Sheppy and we'll both get what we want and be able to squee. :D

No Squee for me. She has beat the crap out of people on Blade, so I think she had no problem doing what the script called for in Travelers.

There were a number of actors/actresses who appeared in both Blade and SG-1 or SGA [roles in ()] . David Palffy (Anubis) got decapitated by Jill in 2nd episode; Neil Jackson (Khalek) was the main villian in Blade; Kavan Smith (Major Lorne) was in a few episodes. Main reason for the crossovers were that both were/are filmed in Vancouver.

Mitchell82
April 24th, 2007, 05:28 PM
:lol: If it helps any I squeed in the DG thread too. :) So it is being spread around.

And as for support, you can always hope Shep does a bit of whumping to Larrin. That way you can Squee as well. :) Or do guys not squee?

Well I'm a guy and don't squee but I sure am a whumper. Love seeing Shep get beaten. Just rewatched Ephipany the other day one of my favs, but I have to say my all time fav is CG. This sounds like it could be my next fav, how many days now?:D

Gate Geek
April 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Well I'm a guy and don't squee but I sure am a whumper. Love seeing Shep get beaten. Just rewatched Ephipany the other day one of my favs, but I have to say my all time fav is CG. This sounds like it could be my next fav, how many days now?:D

Whumpers will one day rule the world!! We tried getting Roo to build a time machine so we wouldn't have to wait FOREVER to see this ep, but its not going well. In fact, its not going at all.

So come on S3 hurry up and end, so we can hurry up to S4! And ah..what number is this scheduled to air again?

Sheppard's Delight
April 24th, 2007, 11:08 PM
So let me get this straight...Travelers speculation has Shep bound and beaten, blood drawn (I love that schematic), interfacing with alien tech by being forced to use his ATA gene?

Yes you certainly can!!!!!!!!

Oh you love us really!!!!!!!;)

We dont get many guy's that like Shep whumping....so we are glad to have you as one of us!!!:) Yes CG rocks but my personal fave is 38 Minutes:D

Linzi
April 25th, 2007, 12:16 AM

:lol: We don't hurt people in RL, Redhooks, so you're safe ;)

This sounds like it's going to be one hell of an episode!!! I can't wait!!!

Thanks for the info on the Stargate actors who appeared in Blade. Yuk - I HATE decapitations!!! :eek:

Redhooks
April 25th, 2007, 09:11 AM
:lol: We don't hurt people in RL, Redhooks, so you're safe ;) :eek:

*Stops stirring and takes large spoon out of large pot filled with Shep Whumpers and turns to audience* I know!!! It is just too much fun to do it once!! :D :D :D

Listy
April 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
*Stops stirring and takes large spoon out of large pot filled with Shep Whumpers and turns to audience* I know!!! It is just too much fun to do it once!! :D :D :D

:lol: once you have finished with the large spoon can the whumpers borrow it, it has possibilities - hey we never miss an opportunity to inflict whump on Shep. Then we can squee a little more just to keep you going, we all know you love it really ;)

Linzi
April 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
:lol: once you have finished with the large spoon can the whumpers borrow it, it has possibilities - hey we never miss an opportunity to inflict whump on Shep. Then we can squee a little more just to keep you going, we all know you love it really ;)
:lol: Whump by spoon - I like it! ;)

Pegasus_SGA
April 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM

ROFL and lets face it we're gonna get lots of whump and thunk in this. I wonder if the 'Travelers' are after more than Shep's ATA gene, I mean a small vial of blood doesn't last that long if they're experimenting in finding out the ATA gene. So it makes me wonder what else they'll be doiing to him to get the information they need, and my spidysense is they're gonna be doing some mind probing here and there if they're attempting to get him to activate the devices they have already acquired :D And I still think that this machine is a living organism :D And we have a bed in the cell squeeeeeeeeee so it looks like he might be in there quite a while being interrogated. It also makes me wonder how different he'll react to a women kicking the crap out of him as opposed to how he reacted with Kolya...

Gate Geek
April 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM
:lol: Whump by spoon - I like it! ;)

Well, it would go well with that fork whump we inflicted on Shep last year. :D

ROFL and lets face it we're gonna get lots of whump and thunk in this. I wonder if the 'Travelers' are after more than Shep's ATA gene, I mean a small vial of blood doesn't last that long if they're experimenting in finding out the ATA gene. So it makes me wonder what else they'll be doiing to him to get the information they need, and my spidysense is they're gonna be doing some mind probing here and there if they're attempting to get him to activate the devices they have already acquired :D And I still think that this machine is a living organism :D And we have a bed in the cell squeeeeeeeeee so it looks like he might be in there quite a while being interrogated. It also makes me wonder how different he'll react to a women kicking the crap out of him as opposed to how he reacted with Kolya...

There's a bed in the cell? Where did this come from? Does it ahve a blanket? cause I think it would be fun to see a shivering Shep (and not from the cold either) curled up on the bed......

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes you certainly can!!!!!!!!

We dont get many guy's that like Shep whumping....so we are glad to have you as one of us!!!:) Yes CG rocks but my personal fave is 38 Minutes:D

You should have been in my barracks when that aired. All of us (guys) were just loving watching him in CG. I think that ep on our group dvd gets watched the most, strangly enough the ladies prefer ephipany. I'd rather see shep whumped like that other than Rodney (though I think all of us felt sheps glee when he shot rod in phantoms)

sherryw
April 25th, 2007, 07:41 PM
One of the things I wonder about is the actual capture of Sheppard. I believe I read somewhere (I think it was on JM's blog) that the first scene Sheps in a PJ in space. I'm hoping that they show the capture similar to how they did it in CG. I just don't want to just see him in a cell all of the sudden in the next scene.

I'm hoping that they somehow tractor beam the PJ into the large ship and let Shep sit there by himself for a bit and when no one comes he steps out of the jumper P90 in hand to investigate and that's when he's surrounded. I don't know how else they would do it, unless they somehow shoot the jumper and disable it. Any ideas?

Redhooks
April 25th, 2007, 11:28 PM
On Topic (I swear!!):
I was looking at JM's blog yesterday(4/25) in which he explained some of his poem for S3 and S4 (I never had looked into this poem before) and I noticed the one about Travelers. It said they get their stuff via pillage, so maybe that is why they capture Sheppard instead of just trying to negotiate with him. They are so used to this life that they know of no other way. Like one of the spoilers I read:

Larrin says to Sheppard: "Not only do we live this way but it has became who we are." or something like that. It was on another Stargate site I think.

I wonder if this race will appear in the second half of the mid-season two-parter or the one right after it. If JW is going back to Vancouver in a few weeks, it can't be one of the ones near the end of the season.

I can't believe it took 3 weeks to film this (or any) episode or they would never get done. I mean all her scenes must have been on the Travelers ship, right? I can't think of any other plausible place except on a planet. Sheppard wouldn't bring her back to Atlantis, would he? That is a static set anyway, so I guess what I am getting at is they must not shoot every scene for an episode together or sequentially, but bunch them together based on what sets are built and ones that have to be built. Sorry for this rambling, but I'm trying to get the timeline down. I thought for sure this was eppy was wrapped by April 14th, not April 20th but JW said she just got back from Vancouver Sunday. :confused:

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I can't believe it took 3 weeks to film this (or any) episode or they would never get done. I mean all her scenes must have been on the Travelers ship, right? I can't think of any other plausible place except on a planet. Sheppard wouldn't bring her back to Atlantis, would he? That is a static set anyway, so I guess what I am getting at is they must not shoot every scene for an episode together or sequentially, but bunch them together based on what sets are built and ones that have to be built. Sorry for this rambling, but I'm trying to get the timeline down. I thought for sure this was eppy was wrapped by April 14th, not April 20th but JW said she just got back from Vancouver Sunday. :confused:

From what I understand, they mostly film episodes within 7-8 days but they also often film "pick-up" scenes later (an example of an episode where a lot of this was required was Season 2's The Long Goodbye where the actors were still filming scenes for this ep weeks later whilst filming other episodes (I think it was Torri Higginson who mentioned on the commentary how difficult that can be.. trying to get back into character/remember what was happening in that episode after days/weeks of filming different episodes)) and the actors can also be involved in post-production work on the episode such as looping (where the actors need to re-record their lines for a certain scene because the original audio is not clear enough/there is background noise etc).

Gate Geek
April 26th, 2007, 03:51 AM
One of the things I wonder about is the actual capture of Sheppard. I believe I read somewhere (I think it was on JM's blog) that the first scene Sheps in a PJ in space. I'm hoping that they show the capture similar to how they did it in CG. I just don't want to just see him in a cell all of the sudden in the next scene.

I'm hoping that they somehow tractor beam the PJ into the large ship and let Shep sit there by himself for a bit and when no one comes he steps out of the jumper P90 in hand to investigate and that's when he's surrounded. I don't know how else they would do it, unless they somehow shoot the jumper and disable it. Any ideas?

It could theoretically be possible to stay holed up in a PJ. There's shields, and cloak, and weapons...if one is protected, why get out if there are hostiles? Take the time to try and reason with them. But that wouldn't be much of a story, so I'm thinking either the Travelers disable the PJ or there are already problems with it as Shep is flying.

Really, Shep is not one to just hand over ancient tech, nor is he too cooperative when backed into a corner. Espacially if his team isn't around to be used against him. So I'm thinking we're going to get a great capture scene. Maybe something like the disabled PJ is brought aboard the Travelers ship, where they force open the rear hatch, assualt Shep in mass and dragg him off the PJ while Shep is kicking and screaming. There is no explanation of who they are or what they want. Shep is then dumped into a cell and left there until Larrin and crew come by and make a few 'pleasantries' and then violently extract his blood. Wheras he then is told he eill be used to get the ancient ship up and running. Larrin and co leave the cell and Shep sits down on the bed in his cell wondering how in the hell he gets into the predicaments. All right, so it won't happen, but I can speculate.

I wonder if the jumper will be used to escape the Travelers ship or if it will be forgotten about......

On Topic (I swear!!):
I was looking at JM's blog yesterday(4/25) in which he explained some of his poem for S3 and S4 (I never had looked into this poem before) and I noticed the one about Travelers. It said they get their stuff via pillage, so maybe that is why they capture Sheppard instead of just trying to negotiate with him. They are so used to this life that they know of no other way. Like one of the spoilers I read:

Larrin says to Sheppard: "Not only do we live this way but it has became who we are." or something like that. It was on another Stargate site I think.

I wonder if this race will appear in the second half of the mid-season two-parter or the one right after it. If JW is going back to Vancouver in a few weeks, it can't be one of the ones near the end of the season.

Mmmmm.....the Travelers set. That was a beauty!!

Anyways, that seems like an awfully long time to be shooting an ep. I thought the area where the Travelers set was built, is used for other sets for different episodes. So maybe it was a lot of post production rather than actual filming? I dunno so i'm shutting up.

Lauriel
April 26th, 2007, 04:07 AM
It could theoretically be possible to stay holed up in a PJ. There's shields, and cloak, and weapons...if one is protected, why get out if there are hostiles? Take the time to try and reason with them. But that wouldn't be much of a story, so I'm thinking either the Travelers disable the PJ or there are already problems with it as Shep is flying.

Really, Shep is not one to just hand over ancient tech, nor is he too cooperative when backed into a corner. Espacially if his team isn't around to be used against him. So I'm thinking we're going to get a great capture scene. Maybe something like the disabled PJ is brought aboard the Travelers ship, where they force open the rear hatch, assualt Shep in mass and dragg him off the PJ while Shep is kicking and screaming. There is no explanation of who they are or what they want. Shep is then dumped into a cell and left there until Larrin and crew come by and make a few 'pleasantries' and then violently extract his blood. Wheras he then is told he eill be used to get the ancient ship up and running. Larrin and co leave the cell and Shep sits down on the bed in his cell wondering how in the hell he gets into the predicaments. All right, so it won't happen, but I can speculate.

I wonder if the jumper will be used to escape the Travelers ship or if it will be forgotten about......
:lol: I had to laugh when I read the bolded line! That is so accurate that I could visualise Shep being 'uncooperative'. Well thought out response, too.

Mmmmm.....the Travelers set. That was a beauty!!

Anyways, that seems like an awfully long time to be shooting an ep. I thought the area where the Travelers set was built, is used for other sets for different episodes. So maybe it was a lot of post production rather than actual filming? I dunno so i'm shutting up.
Did I mention I was jealous?! Lucky you!

Redhooks
April 26th, 2007, 09:40 AM
From what I understand, they mostly film episodes within 7-8 days but they also often film "pick-up" scenes later (an example of an episode where a lot of this was required was Season 2's The Long Goodbye where the actors were still filming scenes for this ep weeks later whilst filming other episodes (I think it was Torri Higginson who mentioned on the commentary how difficult that can be.. trying to get back into character/remember what was happening in that episode after days/weeks of filming different episodes)) and the actors can also be involved in post-production work on the episode such as looping (where the actors need to re-record their lines for a certain scene because the original audio is not clear enough/there is background noise etc).

I understand what you are saying for a regular, but for a guest star to have to wait around an extra week for just looping seems to be poor planning. If the person lives in Vancouver it is one thing, but if they live in LA (like Jill), they have to spend more money renting rooms, eating, etc. unless the production company pays for it. To me it doesn't sound efficient. I know Jill is not a "star" and she doesn't have anything else lined up right now as far as I know, but it seems stupid to me to treat any actor this way. She did film 5 Mercury commercials in Feb. and early March, only one which is showing now, but she has not announced any other work yet. Oh well, maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

As far as Travelers, the episode, :) I saw a spoiler that,

said Sheppard first learns about the Ancient ship the Travelers have when Larrin opens a hatch/window that shows the ship outside, underneath the Travelers ship.

I wonder if he tries to convince Larrin that an Alliance with our expedition would be the best thing for her people. Of course we have already seen how the "alliance" with Cowen and the Genii turned out, so I don't think the writers want to give us allies that would help us out too much. It would mean our people wouldn't have to save the day all the time. :D

Again, when is Sci-Fi going to air this episode???

Oh ya,

WAY TOO LONG FROM NOW!!!!!!!

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 09:48 AM
It may be long now, but when it finally arrives, and hopefully before other broadcasters air it, it will be more enjoyable.

Also, by the way......... 1500 POSTS!!!

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 09:58 AM

I'm curious as to how that will work too. My guess is the jumper gets damaged and they are able to capture it or like you said a tractor beam.

Listy
April 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM

I don't think he would react that differently, I see him being his usual defiant self. I am wondering more about how he would react if he got the chance to have a pop at her I mean he wouldn't hesitate to deck Kolya if he got the chance but would he hesitate for her? would the soldier in him kick in and react on instinct or would the gentlemen in him hold back? I am not sure at all.

Well, it would go well with that fork whump we inflicted on Shep last year. :D

There's a bed in the cell? Where did this come from? Does it ahve a blanket? cause I think it would be fun to see a shivering Shep (and not from the cold either) curled up on the bed......

yup sheppy can take a nice long nap after the awesome whump :D

Oh can you imagine Shep stuck in a PJ as its being drawn slowly towards their ship, completely helpless just sat their knowing that whats coming can't possibly be good, mmmm angst!!

Gate Geek
April 26th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Oh can you imagine Shep stuck in a PJ as its being drawn slowly towards their ship, completely helpless just sat their knowing that whats coming can't possibly be good, mmmm angst!!

I LOVE angst!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

The suspense with this eppy is killing me!! I wanna see it now!!! *stamps foot and punds fist*

Damn those who are making me suffer by having to wait so long! :lol:

Listy
April 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I LOVE angst!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

The suspense with this eppy is killing me!! I wanna see it now!!! *stamps foot and punds fist*

Damn those who are making me suffer by having to wait so long! :lol:

:lol: yup its gonna be a long wait!! we will just have to speculate wildly about what we want and hope we get it :) should keep us going for a while. How long til s4?

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM
:lol: yup its gonna be a long wait!! we will just have to speculate wildly about what we want and hope we get it :) should keep us going for a while. How long til s4?

Way too damn long. I want it now dammit!

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Here is a speculation I would like to see the writers throw in, but probably won't:

At the end of the episode, McKay, who never got to see the Travelers ship because Sheppard escaped or was let go, asked Sheppard to describe the technology of the Travelers without even asking him if he was OK even though he was badly beaten, dirty, and bloodied (OK, that was for the Shep Whumpers!!). Sheppard, in his best disgusted look, said to him "they worshipped their technology at the Temple of Syrinx and chanted at the end of the "service", "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control, we have assumed control, we have assumed control!!!" Rodney looks at him and says "VERY funny, VERY funny" and walks away disgusted and a sly grin comes over Sheppard's face.

This is an obscure reference to something Canadian that Rodney probably likes. Can anyone guess what I am talking about????

I thought of this after seeing Echoes again tonight.

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 12:27 AM

Love is probably too strong a word (I hardly know ya!!!), :P but I will say you Shep Whumpers do make it enjoyable to read through your posts and you have some of the funniest sigs I have ever seen! I'll have to get one of Jill as Larrin after this episode airs.

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Love is probably too strong a word (I hardly know ya!!!), :P but I will say you Shep Whumpers do make it enjoyable to read through your posts and you have some of the funniest sigs I have ever seen! I'll have to get one of Jill as Larrin after this episode airs.

Well that is a start at least ;)

You know the Shep whumpers do have a lot of fun - we spend almost as much time talking about Shep whump as we do laughing at ourselves over it!:)

Talking of Shep whump didnt I hear that he would be beaten and bound in this one? I think it was this one- although to be honest I didnt pay much attention ;)

Linzi
April 27th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Well that is a start at least ;)

You know the Shep whumpers do have a lot of fun - we spend almost as much time talking about Shep whump as we do laughing at ourselves over it!:)

Talking of Shep whump didnt I hear that he would be beaten and bound in this one? I think it was this one- although to be honest I didnt pay much attention ;)
I don't think it's this episode, SheppyD. I think you've imagined that. You and your wishful thinking...;)

We sure do laugh at ourselves though! We also have a hell of a lot of fun.

What's this episode about again? ;)

Linzi
April 27th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Hey, my sigs not funny. It's full of angst and concern and....ok, it's supposed to be humorous! You got me! :) I'd love for Travelers to have some good scenes that I can use in a new whumpy siggie!

Gate Geek
April 27th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I don't think it's this episode, SheppyD. I think you've imagined that. You and your wishful thinking...;)

what's this episdoe about? isn't this the one where Sheppy stays in bed all day living up to his laziness and OMG! NOTHING happens for a change? At least until the team finds out Shep was the one put itching powder in thier clothes and lacing their food with lots of extra fiber? :lol: Nah, I didn't think so either.

But isn't there something about bound and beaten though?

Pegasus_SGA
April 27th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Here is a speculation I would like to see the writers throw in, but probably won't:

At the end of the episode, McKay, who never got to see the Travelers ship because Sheppard escaped or was let go, asked Sheppard to describe the technology of the Travelers without even asking him if he was OK even though he was badly beaten, dirty, and bloodied (OK, that was for the Shep Whumpers!!). Sheppard, in his best disgusted look, said to him "they worshipped their technology at the Temple of Syrinx and chanted at the end of the "service", "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, Attention all planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control, we have assumed control, we have assumed control!!!" Rodney looks at him and says "VERY funny, VERY funny" and walks away disgusted and a sly grin comes over Sheppard's face.

This is an obscure reference to something Canadian that Rodney probably likes. Can anyone guess what I am talking about????

:lol: thanks for thinking of us, hmmmm dirty Shirtless Shep will defiantely need a shower after all that *puts on her most innocent smile* :D You do realise we will eventually turn you to the dark side. :D For the shep part, I don't want to see Shep rescuing himself, we need to see him being rescued for once. I mean that's why there is no 'I' in team :D He's always saving himself, he must be exhausted, so I put forth a recommendation that Shep gets the day off from rescuing himself at least two eps in every season :D And let's start with this one shall we? Please... *begs pitifully* As for your question, I have no idea, I just saw the dirty and bloodied Sheppard part and my brain went.. huh? :lol: Remember anything you say that comes after those words, I lose the fallatus to think coherantly :D

Gate Geek
April 27th, 2007, 04:43 AM

The only thing I can think of that's canadian and Rodney might like is Tim Horton's. But really, I have no idea what you are referring too.

quite frankly, like Peg, I got distracted by the whump and lost all train of thought. yeah, I know, I'm shallow. :o

Lauriel
April 27th, 2007, 05:21 AM
I don't think he would react that differently, I see him being his usual defiant self. I am wondering more about how he would react if he got the chance to have a pop at her I mean he wouldn't hesitate to deck Kolya if he got the chance but would he hesitate for her? would the soldier in him kick in and react on instinct or would the gentlemen in him hold back? I am not sure at all.
Listy, I love this! I'd love to see which way he would go there - although given the network/writers views they'd keep it PC.

Way too damn long. I want it now dammit!
Me too! Me too! *bounces* Nownownownownownownownownow...

:lol: Of course you weren't - and that wasn't your squee I heard echoing through the thread... :D :D

Linzi
April 27th, 2007, 06:13 AM
The only thing I can think of that's canadian and Rodney might like is Tim Horton's. But really, I have no idea what you are referring too.

quite frankly, like Peg, I got distracted by the whump and lost all train of thought. yeah, I know, I'm shallow. :o
Yep, me too! ;)

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 06:22 AM

See I told you that I wasnt sure!!!! ;)

I guess I should take more notice of all the spoilers floating around!!!!

:lol: Of course you weren't - and that wasn't your squee I heard echoing through the thread... :D :D

No, I think you must be getting me confused with someone else!!!!:D

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 11:25 AM

Tim Horton's is not obscure. They now have them in the US with two stores within a 6 mile radius of my house. I don't know how they were allowed to come north over the river!! :eek:

Anyway, I'll wait to see if any Canadian fans will take a guess before I give anymore clues.

I forgot to mention an important part of my speculation:

Sheppard is in the infirmary lying in bed when Rodney talks to him. No, Shep Whumpers he is NOT naked under the sheet!!! :sheppardanime31:

Good luck at guessing.

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Tim Horton's is not obscure. They now have them in the US with two stores within a 6 mile radius of my house. I don't know how they were allowed to come north over the river!! :eek:

Anyway, I'll wait to see if any Canadian fans will take a guess before I give anymore clues.

Sheppard is in the infirmary lying in bed when Rodney talks to him. No, Shep Whumpers he is NOT naked under the sheet!!! :sheppardanime31:

Good luck at guessing.

Not??????? :sheppardanime32:

Listy
April 27th, 2007, 11:47 AM

:( *is very sad*

Pegasus_SGA
April 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Yep, me too! ;)

:lol: it doesn't take much to distract us, especially where Sheppard's involved :D

Good luck at guessing.

I have no clue what or who a Tim Horton is :lol: so i'm never gonna guess right. :(

Secondly, :eek: Sheppard is not nekkid under the infirmary? Shame on you for bursting the wumpers bubble. You know that you'll break SD's heart for saying that, don't you? And there was I thinking that you luffed the whumpers.... ;)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/console.gifIt's okay hon, go to your happy place. Think 'a gift to the whumpers'.

*cough*

Shep beaten, bound and interfaced, having the crap kicked out of him. Lying in a cell, complete with bed I might add (topless of course because the air con is on the frtiz) hot, sweaty and dirty and looking all vulnerable. Then Larrin's cronies drags our poor Shep out of his cell. He's weak and dizzy unable to stand properly because they'll have been using his mind ot activate the devices on the ship, and the organism is eating away at his brain as it tries to connect with him. Strapped to the chair, electrodes are attached to his body recording the date for the science geeks so that they can replicate the ATA gene on their own people. Blood and samples are taken as Shep tries to fight them off, but they swiftly put him in his place, restraining him to the point that his wrists are bloodied. Sheppard, refusing to give them any information at all manages to tackle one of the guards, but only gets so far before he's stopped and returned to his cell. His team realising his plight set forth with a rescue jumper and extract him from the ship. As they barely make it out alive. Ronon carries him from the jumper where he's stripped :p and put in scrubs. His team come and see him all battered and bruised, and Sheppard retells the tale of the Travlers and their nefarious ways.

:D

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 11:54 AM
:lol: it doesn't take much to distract us, especially where Sheppard's involved :D

I have no clue what or who a Tim Horton is :lol: so i'm never gonna guess right. :(

Secondly, :eek: Sheppard is not nekkid under the infirmary? Shame on you for bursting the wumpers bubble. You know that you'll break SD's heart for saying that, don't you? And there was I thinking that you luffed the whumpers.... ;)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/console.gifIt's okay hon, go to your happy place. Think 'a gift to the whumpers'.

*cough*

Shep beaten, bound and interfaced, having the crap kicked out of him. Lying in a cell, complete with bed I might add (topless of course because the air con is on the frtiz) hot, sweaty and dirty and looking all vulnerable. Then Larrin's cronies drags our poor Shep out of his cell. He's weak and dizzy unable to stand properly because they'll have been using his mind ot activate the devices on the ship, and the organism is eating away at his brain as it tries to connect with him. Strapped to the chair, electrodes are attached to his body recording the date for the science geeks so that they can replicate the ATA gene on their own people. Blood and samples are taken as Shep tries to fight them off, but they swiftly put him in his place, restraining him to the point that his wrists are bloodied. Sheppard, refusing to give them any information at all manages to tackle one of the guards, but only gets so far before he's stopped and returned to his cell. His team realising his plight set forth with a rescue jumper and extract him from the ship. As they barely make it out alive. Ronon carries him from the jumper where he's stripped :p and put in scrubs. His team come and see him all battered and bruised, and Sheppard retells the tale of the Travlers and their nefarious ways.

Woo hoo thanks Peg - I am feeling a lot better now!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Pegasus_SGA;6613595]:lol: it doesn't take much to distract us, especially where Sheppard's involved :D

Secondly, :eek: Sheppard is not nekkid under the infirmary? Shame on you for bursting the wumpers bubble. You know that you'll break SD's heart for saying that, don't you? And there was I thinking that you luffed the whumpers.... ;)[/ QUOTE]

Tim Horton's is store that sells coffee, donuts, and other "fast food" stuff and it was opened by a former NHL (National Hockey League) star, Tim Horton. It is a huge franchise in Canada. I burst your bubble?? C'mon that was in your version of the story, not mine. ;) I do "luff" the Whumpers, I love to stir the pot with them in it!!!!:D :D :D

ETA: How did I mess up the quotes??

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 12:19 PM
You need to move the / to be inside the last box rather than before []:)

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks, I accidently deleted the end part and thought I re-typed it correctly. :o

Pegasus_SGA
April 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Tim Horton's is store that sells coffee, donuts, and other "fast food" stuff and it was opened by a former NHL (National Hockey League) star, Tim Horton. It is a huge franchise in Canada. I burst your bubble?? C'mon that was in your version of the story, not mine. ;) I do "luff" the Whumpers, I love to stir the pot with them in it!!!!:D :D :D

ETA: How did I mess up the quotes??

Ah I get it now

http://www.cartonionline.com/gif/CARTOON/disney/pinocchio/piocchio03.gif

:lol: sorry I still have no clue, you're as bad as JM for being cryptic, lol. I don't do subtlety. :D

If you're going to stir the pot then you'll need a bigger ladel, just be carefull not to give it to the other crazed whumpers (not me of course) http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/innocent0002.gif, cos they might use it for other things...if you get my drift, *nudge nudge, wink wink*

keeping on topic... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 12:42 PM
It has nothing to do with Tim Horton's, but Gate Geek made the original comment and people who live outside Canada and some northern US states probably have no idea what it is. So, I thought I'd let you know what it was.

As far as the real answer, think of something that is considered by some people as iconically Canadian.

Linzi
April 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM
:lol: Sorry, I'm totally lost here!!! :eek:

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 12:58 PM

Why? Are you imagining you are Sheppard in the Travelers ship? :D :D

Pegasus_SGA
April 27th, 2007, 01:01 PM
You're not the only one :lol: what are supposed to be discussing again? :p

:lol:

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM
You're not the only one :lol: what are supposed to be discussing again? :p

I only understand Sheppy whump - everything else goes over my head!

Pegasus_SGA
April 27th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I only understand Sheppy whump - everything else goes over my head!

That's ok hon, cos that's the only important thing in SGA. I mean it's not as if the team matters really, it's all about the whump ;) :p :D

Hehehe, that's why in this ep, I want to see Shep being self sufficient, the team can just be wall flowers as far as i'm concerned. We don't need them to stick up for Shep when the big bad guys take our Shep hostage and hold him against his will... oh they mean the same thing don't they? :p Nor do we want to see action Shep, or Ronon and Teyla coming to his rescue as he's their friend. Nope, don't want to see any of that. Nor do i want to see Ronon and Rodney working well together, with Rodney showing off his new ninja techniques on Larrin and her cronies ;) :p :D

Nope i'm with you nothing else matters but seeing Shep nekkid lyng in the infirmary, shot with real bullets (not in the left arm) and having his team there to see if he's ok.

:D :D

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM
That's ok hon, cos that's the only important thing in SGA. I mean it's not as if the team matters really, it's all about the whump ;) :p :D

Hehehe, that's why in this ep, I want to see Shep being self sufficient, the team can just be wall flowers as far as i'm concerned. We don't need them to stick up for Shep when the big bad guys take our Shep hostage and hold him against his will... oh they mean the same thing don't they? :p Nor do we want to see action Shep, or Ronon and Teyla coming to his rescue as he's their friend. Nope, don't want to see any of that. Nor do i want to see Ronon and Rodney working well together, with Rodney showing off his new ninja techniques on Larrin and his cronies ;) :p :D

Nope i'm with you nothing else matters but seeing Shep nekkid lyng in the infirmary, shot with real bullets (not in the left arm) and having his team there to see if he's ok.

:D :D

Oh I agree - all the rest would just be a total waste of screen time!!!;) :lol:

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Pegasus_SGA;6613977]Nor do i want to see Ronon and Rodney working well together, with Rodney showing off his new ninja techniques on Larrin and his cronies[ /QUOTE]

HIS cronies????? :( :( When you see Larrin, I don't think you will be saying "his"!!! :D :D

Pegasus_SGA
April 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM
HIS cronies????? :( :( When you see Larrin, I don't think you will be saying "his"!!! :D :D

ooooooops *runs to amend her post* Don't know what made me write that, my mind does strange things this time of night :lol: and what the heck are you doing with your quotes :lol: they seem to have a life of their own tonight hehehehe :D

OMG I just realised........ I sound like HIM :eek: (not you Red) :lol: *felt the need to clarify*

*mutters one thousand apolgies to the newbie ;) and runs out of the thread*

Gate Geek
April 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Good luck at guessing.

Well there is no Tim hortons near me. When I was in Van I did make a point to go to one just to say i was finally went to a Horton's. But other than the funny money - loonies, toonies and bill big enough for placemats, I'm afraid I wasn't too up on anything else Canadian. Hell, i ahd a hard time speaking the language. eh!

If you not gonna make Shep nekkid under the infirmary sheets, do not mention it at all. you'll rile the whumpers up into a tizzy and that isn't good for anyone.

*cough*

Oh good god. *iz ded* I so wish we would get something like this.

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I know!!! I usually only quote a specific part of a message, so I use the quote button at the bottom of the post and then delete the parts I don't want. I accidently (again!) deleted the start of the closing quote notation. I re-typed it, but it didn't work!?!?!? :mad:

I am still a newbie, but I've never had this many problems! :o

My reply was in jest and I hope you took it as that. :o

Gate Geek
April 27th, 2007, 02:02 PM
It has nothing to do with Tim Horton's, but Gate Geek made the original comment and people who live outside Canada and some northern US states probably have no idea what it is. So, I thought I'd let you know what it was.

As far as the real answer, think of something that is considered by some people as iconically Canadian.

the maple leaf. Its everywhere!!! They even have maple flavored donuts at Tim Hortons. :D :D

Gate Geek
April 27th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I know!!! I usually only quote a specific part of a message, so I use the quote button at the bottom of the post and then delete the parts I don't want. I accidently (again!) deleted the start of the closing quote notation. I re-typed it, but it didn't work!?!?!? :mad:

:lol: you can't quote, I can't type. All is good with the world. :D Yeah, II'm just having fun as well. so don't take my comments to seriously either.

Unless we are talking beaten and bound Shep in Travelers. SQUEEE!

Sheppard's Delight
April 27th, 2007, 02:09 PM
:lol: you can't quote, I can't type. All is good with the world. :D Yeah, II'm just having fun as well. so don't take my comments to seriously either.

Unless we are talking beaten and bound Shep in Travelers. SQUEEE!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for beaten and bound!!!

Linzi
April 27th, 2007, 02:09 PM
:lol: Now if I was lost in the Travelers ship WITH Sheppard...oops, we're not in the JFT, are we? :o I'm still horribly confused!

Linzi
April 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for beaten and bound!!!
So this is the eppie where Sheppard is bound and beaten? Oh, ok. Sounds good. ;)

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 02:11 PM
the maple leaf. Its everywhere!!! They even have maple flavored donuts at Tim Hortons. :D :D

No. It is not the Maple Leaf. It involves what Shep said to McKay in my speculation (remember, it was inspired by Echoes). Hmmm.. I guess I might have made it too difficult for non-Canadians and probably for some Canadians. :(

I'll add some more clues later tonight.

Linzi
April 27th, 2007, 02:16 PM
No. It is not the Maple Leaf. It involves what Shep said to McKay in my speculation. Hmmm.. I guess I might have made it too difficult for non-Canadians and probably for some Canadians. :(

All I can think of is Maple syrup. I just love the stuff! When I think of Canada I think of SGA and Maple syrup! I think I really need to go back to the JFT now... or the whump thread! Whumped with syrup? That's a new one!

I don't think they'll have syrup on the Travelers ship though ;)

Pegasus_SGA
April 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM

oh hon, I never take anything seriously :D Trust me, when it comes to screwing up quotes I am the Godess *picks up her shiny crown*, and I got blasted by someone for it when I was learning, hence the 'turning into him' reference. :D

You'll get there, and if you notice, when I replied to you, :lol: i screwed up my own quotes and had to fix them :D

Gate Geek
April 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
No. It is not the Maple Leaf. It involves what Shep said to McKay in my speculation (remember, it was inspired by Echoes). Hmmm.. I guess I might have made it too difficult for non-Canadians and probably for some Canadians. :(

Well, I only remember the whumpy parts of Echoes.....:o now I need to go read your speculation again. I won't figure it out, but i'll ahve whacking my brain trying.

All I can think of is Maple syrup. I just love the stuff! When I think of Canada I think of SGA and Maple syrup! I think I really need to go back to the JFT now... or the whump thread! Whumped with syrup? That's a new one!

I don't think they'll have syrup on the Travelers ship though ;)

OOhhhh......whumped with syrup??? I so love it! *licky licky, sticky sticky* It would great with that muffin whump, cabbage whump, turkey sandwich whump......

But still doesn't come close to bound beaten forced to use the ATA gene whump we'll get in this eppy!

scifi_lemon
April 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM

Amen! I'm from Southern California (Duuuude! *cough*) and therefore ignorant of things that happen in obscure, colder places ;) Isn't it kinda like a Starbucks but filled with maple products? Um, maple syrup... *drools* :mckayanime08:

*Looks around nervously* I hope JF doesn't see this or he might want to make an addition to his contract...

Addendum to Mr. Flanigan's contract affective immedietly: I will NOT be naked, nekkid, whatever on camera!! I am NOT David Hewlett!! I have morals!! Protest all you like girls, but I won't bow to the will to Whumpers! Not even you, my loyal Thunkers!! You can't make me!! :sheppardanime32:

beaten, bound and interfaced, having the crap kicked out of him. Lying in a cell, complete with bed I might add (topless of course because the air con is on the frtiz) hot, sweaty and dirty and looking all vulnerable. Then Larrin's cronies drags our poor Shep out of his cell. He's weak and dizzy unable to stand properly because they'll have been using his mind ot activate the devices on the ship, and the organism is eating away at his brain as it tries to connect with him. Strapped to the chair, electrodes are attached to his body recording the date for the science geeks so that they can replicate the ATA gene on their own people. Blood and samples are taken as Shep tries to fight them off, but they swiftly put him in his place, restraining him to the point that his wrists are bloodied. Sheppard, refusing to give them any information at all manages to tackle one of the guards, but only gets so far before he's stopped and returned to his cell. His team realising his plight set forth with a rescue jumper and extract him from the ship. As they barely make it out alive. Ronon carries him from the jumper where he's stripped :p and put in scrubs. His team come and see him all battered and bruised, and Sheppard retells the tale of the Travlers and their nefarious ways.

All of my fan-fic fantasies come true!! *melts at the thought of its awesomeness*

Redhooks
April 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Well, I only remember the whumpy parts of Echoes.....:o now I need to go read your speculation again. I won't figure it out, but i'll ahve whacking my brain trying.

I will also say that I got some inspiration in the Shep Whumping thread (*did I just admit I look in there*:D ) from a post someone had a few days ago about a parent and a gift. I tried to see who posted it, but I don't have time to look through dozens of pages posted in the last few days!!!;) You guys really are hammering at the keyboard!!!! I hope that narrows it down. (Yea, right! ;) )

Mitchell82
April 27th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Amen! I'm from Southern California (Duuuude! *cough*) and therefore ignorant of things that happen in obscure, colder places ;) Isn't it kinda like a Starbucks but filled with maple products? Um, maple syrup... *drools* :mckayanime08:

*Looks around nervously* I hope JF doesn't see this or he might want to make an addition to his contract...

Addendum to Mr. Flanigan's contract affective immedietly: I will NOT be naked, nekkid, whatever on camera!! I am NOT David Hewlett!! I have morals!! Protest all you like girls, but I won't bow to the will to Whumpers! Not even you, my loyal Thunkers!! You can't make me!! :sheppardanime32:

All of my fan-fic fantasies come true!! *melts at the thought of its awesomeness*

Well it doent bother me any. Just the thought of a naked shep makes me as quezey as seeing Rodneys underpants, now Teyla...:D

Mitchell82
April 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
You know every time I read more on season 4 it just makes me even more excited. I can't wait!!

Pegasus_SGA
April 28th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Well it doent bother me any. Just the thought of a naked shep makes me as quezey as seeing Rodneys underpants, now Teyla...:D

:lol: well you guys got the nekid chick in 'the tower', so turnabout is fair play :D

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 12:19 AM

Mitchell82
April 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM
:lol: well you guys got the nekid chick in 'the tower', so turnabout is fair play :D

Yeah I guess you should get a nekid Shep then...;)

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Only if he needs defibrillating! Ok, back off to the whump thread ;)....

Redhooks
April 28th, 2007, 11:42 AM

Hey, it is fine with me if you see Sheppard's back shirtless, that is all I remember seeing in "The Tower." :p

As far as the my speculation, I thought more people would know but, turning over all the cards, what Sheppard says is

from the end of the song "2112" by Canadian Hard Rock legends Rush released in 1976. The song is a sci-fi epic about a world that is completely ruled by Priests of the Temples of Syrinx who use the technology of computers. A individual rebels against it when he finds an acoustic guitar in a cave and finds there are ways of artistic expression that the Preists have suppressed. After he is rejected by the Preists and they destroy his guitar, he dreams of a world where the elder race of man, who left long ago, comes back to regain their world. The lyrics I used are them announcing they have returned. The reason I used them was McKay seemed way more concerned about technology that might have been found than compassion for Sheppard's ordeal. The part in Echoes when they are in the infirmary and Shep is putting down some Canadian icons made me think of this. All right, maybe some of you are too young, but Rush is known as "thinking man's hard rock" and a lot of people who could be catagorized as "Geeks" are fans of the band. I thought that McKay would be a fan of the band. It is obvious to me now that it does not include Shep Whumpers and other Stargate fans. Resume your normal thoughts and speculations on Travelers and just pretend this part of the thread never happened. :o

*Hmm.. must remember to stick to talking about Jill Wagner/Larrin*

Pegasus_SGA
April 28th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Now if you could just convince JM that it's an essential part of the script we're good to go :lol: Good luck with that :D

Only if he needs defibrillating! Ok, back off to the whump thread ;)....

*snort*

Hey, it is fine with me if you see Sheppard's back shirtless, that is all I remember seeing in "The Tower." :p

As far as the my speculation, I thought more people would know but, turning over all the cards, what Sheppard says is

from the end of the song "2112" by Canadian Hard Rock legends Rush released in 1976. The song is a sci-fi epic about a world that is completely ruled by Priests of the Temples of Syrinx who use the technology of computers. A individual rebels against it when he finds an acoustic guitar in a cave and finds there are ways of artistic expression that the Preists have suppressed. After he is rejected by the Preists and they destroy his guitar, he dreams of a world where the elder race of man, who left long ago, comes back to regain their world. The lyrics I used are them announcing they have returned. The reason I used them was McKay seemed way more concerned about technology that might have been found than compassion for Sheppard's ordeal. The part in Echoes when they are in the infirmary and Shep is putting down some Canadian icons made me think of this. All right, maybe some of you are too young, but Rush is known as "thinking man's hard rock" and a lot of people who could be catagorized as "Geeks" are fans of the band. I thought that McKay would be a fan of the band. It is obvious to me now that it does not include Shep Whumpers and other Stargate fans. Resume your normal thoughts and speculations on Travelers and just pretend this part of the thread never happened. :o

:lol: you've given this way too much thought hon. :D But it shows what a dedicated fan you are, and we luffs ya for it *hugs* Especially as I only think Shep + whump = Squeeeeeeeee

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 12:10 PM

Er, I'm not too young! :lol:

You have an interesting brain there, to say the least. Fascinating idea. I hadn't a clue what you were on about, but now this all makes sense! :)

Redhooks
April 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM
:lol: you've given this way too much thought hon. :D But it shows what a dedicated fan you are, and we luffs ya for it *hugs* Especially as I only think Shep + whump = Squeeeeeeeee

Well they have their first new album (boy that word dates me!!) in five years coming out on Tuesday in the US which also inspired me. Maybe if some of the lyrics have that sound you Shep Whumpers make (see above) in it you might listen to it. ;) Maybe someone else besides Shep Whumpers would have eventually come into this thread and guessed it, but I did not want to make you guys wonder too long. It would take you away from thinking about how Sheppard can get the crap beat out of him like he is going to experience in Travelers!!!
Bound, beaten, and blood extracted forcefully, that's all you people think about!! I'm sure JF thanks his lucky stars that none of you are a writer on the show or he'd always look dirty, beaten, and basically whumped every episode!!! :D :D :D :D

Gate Geek
April 28th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Well they have their first new album (boy that word dates me!!) in five years coming out on Tuesday in the US which also inspired me. Maybe if some of the lyrics have that sound you Shep Whumpers make (see above) in it you might listen to it. ;) Maybe someone else besides Shep Whumpers would have eventually come into this thread and guessed it, but I did not want to make you guys wonder too long. It would take you away from thinking about how Sheppard can get the crap beat out of him like he is going to experience in Travelers!!!
Bound, beaten, and blood extracted forcefully, that's all you people think about!! I'm sure JF thanks his lucky stars that none of you are a writer on the show or he'd always look dirty, beaten, and basically whumped every episode!!! :D :D :D :D

and your point is??? :lol:

Mmmm......that is a lovely thought to dwell on for the day. As for always thinking about it....what can I say? Great things are hard not think about. :D

BTW, I would never ahve guessed at what you were hinting at. I've probably heard a Rush song, but my brain is unable to think of any of their stuff. *sigh* I know i'm not that young either.

Redhooks
April 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Er, I'm not too young! :lol:

You have an interesting brain there, to say the least. Fascinating idea. I hadn't a clue what you were on about, but now this all makes sense! :)

*Interesting brain? Does she think I'm nuts???* :D :D :D :D

Maybe in the original post I should have said "extremely" obscure. I know the writers would never have used such an obscure reference knowing the audience wouldn't get it unless they set-up the joke earlier with a reference. The things John said to Rodney in Echoes

were easily understood by the audience as distinctly Canadian.

I'm not going to touch the age issue because I KNOW from experience that can be upsetting to some women, especially if they are at least my age!!! ;)

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I'm sure Joe is extremely relieved! ;)

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM

Maybe in the original post I should have said "extremely" obscure. I know the writers would never have used such an obscure reference knowing the audience wouldn't get it unless they set-up the joke earlier with a reference. The things John said to Rodney in Echoes

I'm not going to touch the age issue because I KNOW from experience that can be upsetting to some women, especially if they are at least my age!!! ;)
I don't have an issue with my age at all. Life begins at 40 and all! ;)
When I said interesting I didn't mean weird or anything. Unfortunately I'm not an expert on Canada, or I might have understood your reference. I'm still thinking about Maple syrup! :lol:

Anybody got any ideas has to how long Shep will be held prisoner of the ship? 1 day, several, a week?

Redhooks
April 28th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I don't have an issue with my age at all. 1) Life begins at 40 and all! ;)
2) When I said interesting I didn't mean weird or anything. Unfortunately I'm not an expert on Canada, or I might have understood your reference. I'm still thinking about Maple syrup! :lol:

3) Anybody got any ideas has to how long Shep will be held prisoner of the ship? 1 day, several, a week?

1) I'll find out shortly if that statement is true.

2) *Note to self: Stop trying to be funny, nobody is getting your humor.*:o

3) Back on Topic::D :D :D I think he will be held for 2-3 days. When he goes missing, a search team will be sent out, but I think the Travelers' ship will have moved on and cannot be found in the immediate area in space. It will take either Zelenka or McKay to modify the PJ's sensors to see where the ship has gone.

Pegasus_SGA
April 28th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Well they have their first new album (boy that word dates me!!) in five years coming out on Tuesday in the US which also inspired me. Maybe if some of the lyrics have that sound you Shep Whumpers make (see above) in it you might listen to it. Maybe someone else besides Shep Whumpers would have eventually come into this thread and guessed it, but I did not want to make you guys wonder too long. It would take you away from thinking about how Sheppard can get the crap beat out of him like he is going to experience in Travelers!!!
Bound, beaten, and blood extracted forcefully, that's all you people think about!! I'm sure JF thanks his lucky stars that none of you are a writer on the show or he'd always look dirty, beaten, and basically whumped every episode!!! :D

never a truer word has been spoken :D Psst is that a word? :lol:

poor Shep we only love seeing him beat up and dirty cos he just looks so vulnerable and we see that come through in his eyes. Not to mention he looks so darn hot :D and sexy...did I mention hot? :D

and your point is??? :lol:

Mmmm......that is a lovely thought to dwell on for the day. As for always thinking about it....what can I say? Great things are hard not think about. :D

BTW, I would never ahve guessed at what you were hinting at. I've probably heard a Rush song, but my brain is unable to think of any of their stuff. *sigh* I know i'm not that young either.

:lol: spoken like a true whumper :D

Think of it as a compliment we're all nuts :D it's a very likeable quality you'd fit in well with us on the whump thread :D As for age well i'm old enough to know better and still young enough not to care :D

When I said interesting I didn't mean weird or anything. Unfortunately I'm not an expert on Canada, or I might have understood your reference. I'm still thinking about Maple syrup! :lol:

Anybody got any ideas has to how long Shep will be held prisoner of the ship? 1 day, several, a week?

Mmmm maple syrup.....

He must be in there at least a day or so, cos they have a nice bed all set up for him. I'm hoping that it's about a week so that we can at least see the effects being held captive has on Shep and the team. I want to feel their pain and anguish at the thought they might not see him again, and then feel the luff when they go rescue him and get him back home :D

Sheppard's Delight
April 28th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Well they have their first new album (boy that word dates me!!) in five years coming out on Tuesday in the US which also inspired me. Maybe if some of the lyrics have that sound you Shep Whumpers make (see above) in it you might listen to it. ;) Maybe someone else besides Shep Whumpers would have eventually come into this thread and guessed it, but I did not want to make you guys wonder too long. It would take you away from thinking about how Sheppard can get the crap beat out of him like he is going to experience in Travelers!!!Bound, beaten, and blood extracted forcefully, that's all you people think about!! I'm sure JF thanks his lucky stars that none of you are a writer on the show or he'd always look dirty, beaten, and basically whumped every episode!!! :D :D :D :D

Oh no that would never happen - we have a one track mind and nothing will sway us to think about anything else!!

Not 40 yet? Well you are still a youngster!!!!!:)

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 01:53 PM
1) I'll find out shortly if that statement is true.

2) *Note to self: Stop trying to be funny, nobody is getting your humor.*:o

3) Back on Topic::D :D :D I think he will be held for 2-3 days. When he goes missing, a search team will be sent out, but I think the Travelers' ship will have moved on and cannot be found in the immediate area in space. It will take either Zelenka or McKay to modify the PJ's sensors to see where the ship has gone.
Don't stop being funny!!!! :eek:

Mitchell82
April 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Ok guys this is the ep where shep gets kidnapped and tortured, so I am quite looking forward to the fact that he will be bested by a woman but does anyone here not like that?

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Ok guys this is the ep where shep gets kidnapped and tortured, so I am quite looking forward to the fact that he will be bested by a woman but does anyone here not like that?
Well we don't know for sure Shep gets tortured per se, some of us are living in hope of that though..., er, but do I mind if he gets 'bested' by a woman? Nope. Not in the least. I want Larrin to be an uncompromising, kick-ass, hard character, who'll do what's necessary in order to get what she wants. I don't want a reasonable, nice lady. I want her to be a real bad ass!

Sheppard's Delight
April 28th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Well we don't know for sure Shep gets tortured per se, some of us are living in hope of that though..., er, but do I mind if he gets 'bested' by a woman? Nope. Not in the least. I want Larrin to be an uncompromising, kick-ass, hard character, who'll do what's necessary in order to get what she wants. I don't want a reasonable, nice lady. I want her to be a real bad ass!

Oh I agree totally!!!!!

Pegasus_SGA
April 29th, 2007, 12:44 AM

Word sister!

*giggles* Did I sound trendy then? ;) :p :D

I've said right from the onset that I don't want some fluffy alien chic flirting wiht Shep, it's just not plausible on what the Travelers all about. now if she wants to flirt with Shep before she kicks his ass then i'm all up for the element of surprise :p But to have got to the position of power that she has, there is no way she's gonna be a 'nice' person. She's going to do whatever it takes to get what she wants and if that means whumping Shep to obtain said information then I say woohoooooooo :D

Mitchell82
April 29th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Good one I agree. This sounds to be a kick ass ep and I can't wait.

Listy
April 29th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Yep I totaly agree, we want Larrin to be cold and determined!!!! and 100% committed to getting the information by any means possible with a major reference to whumping :)

Mitchell82
April 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yep I totaly agree, we want Larrin to be cold and determined!!!! and 100% committed to getting the information by any means possible with a major reference to whumping :)

LOL and mabey you'll get you're shirtless shep wish!

Listy
April 29th, 2007, 09:32 AM
LOL and mabey you'll get you're shirtless shep wish!

Oh I hope so as long as the shirtlessness shows a healthy amount of blood, bruises and broken ribs ;)

Mitchell82
April 29th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Oh I hope so as long as the shirtlessness shows a healthy amount of blood, bruises and broken ribs ;)

LOL!

Linzi
April 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Sounds good to me! ;)

scifi_lemon
April 29th, 2007, 08:06 PM

lmao!!! the stuff of a whumper's fantasy :D

Gate Geek
April 30th, 2007, 03:53 AM

I'm all for Shep getting his arse kicked by a woman. I hope Larrin is written as a smart, hard core put my people first get the info regardless of costs woman. I'm sorry, but if there's even a hint of a girly-girl, flirtatious nature in this, I think I'm going to puke. Girls can and do kick some seriuos arse.

Besides, it would be fun to see how Shep handles it. He does well with Teyla kicking his arse in stick fighting, but to be beaten by a girl? hmm..... Can I just say Squee!

*sighs contently* Why can we not get this on the sceen?

Gate Geek
April 30th, 2007, 03:59 AM

Life begins at 40? Damn, I'm only going on 35 and for me, its been a downhill ride. The thought of getting older....*shudder*

Anyways...as for how long Shep is held prisoner, I hope its long enough to have some impact on Shep and tteam. A quick capture and rescue - Snore. But yet, being beaten, bound and interfaced for days on end the story line get boring and people lose interest. (Well, maybe not to us whumpers).

So I'm hoping ideally for three to four days. After all we gotta see the whump and Shep curled up on that bed wondering how the hell he's getting outta here and how much more he needs to endure before he does.

But in reality, i'm thinking its gonna be one day. Two days at most.

Linzi
April 30th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Life begins at 40? Damn, I'm only going on 35 and for me, its been a downhill ride. The thought of getting older....*shudder*

Anyways...as for how long Shep is held prisoner, I hope its long enough to have some impact on Shep and tteam. A quick capture and rescue - Snore. But yet, being beaten, bound and interfaced for days on end the story line get boring and people lose interest. (Well, maybe not to us whumpers).

So I'm hoping ideally for three to four days. After all we gotta see the whump and Shep curled up on that bed wondering how the hell he's getting outta here and how much more he needs to endure before he does.

But in reality, i'm thinking its gonna be one day. Two days at most.
I was hoping for quite a few days too. I think it'd be more angsty then. If it's a single day, then I don't see how that much can happen, but with a few days, or even a week, the possibilities are endless. ;) I wonder if the Travelers have to fight a wraith ship or something? I mean something has to happen in the episode other than Sheppard being abducted. Maybe Sheppard has to help Larrin in order for him to survive? Did I already talk about this? Probably! I need some more spoilers! How long till this airs again? :(

Sheppard's Delight
April 30th, 2007, 04:31 AM
I was hoping for quite a few days too. I think it'd be more angsty then. If it's a single day, then I don't see how that much can happen, but with a few days, or even a week, the possibilities are endless. ;) I wonder if the Travelers have to fight a wraith ship or something? I mean something has to happen in the episode other than Sheppard being abducted. Maybe Sheppard has to help Larrin in order for him to survive? Did I already talk about this? Probably! I need some more spoilers! How long till this airs again? :(

A single day would totally suck!!!!!:(

Pegasus_SGA
April 30th, 2007, 08:25 AM

I agree, you need more than a day to build up the suspense and drama, it's gotta be at least a few days, so that we can sense the desperation in the team. By that timeframe, they may already have lost Elizabeth, so to lose Shep to.. could make for great angst.Maybe they might feel as if they have to pull out all the stops to rescue him, no matter what the cost :D I'd like to see that. And for some reason my spidysense is tingling that Carter comes in her ship in this ep... I could be wrong, my spidysense is a bit out of whack today :( But maybe she drops by Atlantis, picks up Shep's team and then they all go looking for him and rescue him?

Gate Geek
April 30th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I agree, you need more than a day to build up the suspense and drama, it's gotta be at least a few days, so that we can sense the desperation in the team. By that timeframe, they may already have lost Elizabeth, so to lose Shep to.. could make for great angst.Maybe they might feel as if they have to pull out all the stops to rescue him, no matter what the cost :D I'd like to see that. And for some reason my spidysense is tingling that Carter comes in her ship in this ep... I could be wrong, my spidysense is a bit out of whack today :( But maybe she drops by Atlantis, picks up Shep's team and then they all go looking for him and rescue him?

Alright, so it seems the consensus is we need several days of Shep being captured, bound and beaten and forced to use his ATA gene then? I love you guys. :D

As for the Carter help in the rescue....maybe they'll use asgard beaming technolgoy to locvk on to Sheps transmitter...Yeah, thast seems to be the easy way out when it comes to rescuing Shep. I sure and hell hope they don't go that route. I would feel cheated big time!!

Shep should steal the Ancient ship and fly back to Atlantis. But wait, that would mean he would have to rescue himself yet again. :sheppard33: So, nope, I don't want that to happen.

Well however its done, it really, really desperately needs to be a team rescue (minus Carter) to save our Sheppy this time.

Pegasus_SGA
April 30th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Alright, so it seems the consensus is we need several days of Shep being captured, bound and beaten and forced to use his ATA gene then? I love you guys. :D

As for the Carter help in the rescue....maybe they'll use asgard beaming technolgoy to locvk on to Sheps transmitter...Yeah, thast seems to be the easy way out when it comes to rescuing Shep. I sure and hell hope they don't go that route. I would feel cheated big time!!

Shep should steal the Ancient ship and fly back to Atlantis. But wait, that would mean he would have to rescue himself yet again. :sheppard33: So, nope, I don't want that to happen.

Well however its done, it really, really desperately needs to be a team rescue (minus Carter) to save our Sheppy this time.

:D I can't see them using that to get Shep out of Larrin's ship, it's too easy a rescue, so i'm hoping that they've got some new fangled ship that the asgard beam can't penetrate, that way they have to storm their way in, or they can't locate his transport beacon, but they can beam people in, that way we still get a rescue :D I don't think that Shep is going to be in any position to fly the ship, especially as he'll be too weak and injured and will have to be carried off by the team :D I'm cure Carter's in this one, but I don't know if she's in the ones before this though, so I might be well off base. I think she'll supervise the rescue rather than join in the hunt... but I suppose if she went along with the team, it would be a way for TPTB to integrate her into getting to know the team better.

scifi_lemon
April 30th, 2007, 11:47 AM
:D I can't see them using that to get Shep out of Larrin's ship, it's too easy a rescue, so i'm hoping that they've got some new fangled ship that the asgard beam can't penetrate, that way they have to storm their way in, or they can't locate his transport beacon, but they can beam people in, that way we still get a rescue :D I don't think that Shep is going to be in any position to fly the ship, especially as he'll be too weak and injured and will have to be carried off by the team :D I'm cure Carter's in this one, but I don't know if she's in the ones before this though, so I might be well off base. I think she'll supervise the rescue rather than join in the hunt... but I suppose if she went along with the team, it would be a way for TPTB to integrate her into getting to know the team better.

I don't think TPTB would have him rescue himself, again. I'm all for a team rescue minus Carter. She's okay, but I think she'll have a Weir-ish role. Just in the background, calling the shots. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Squeee!

Redhooks
April 30th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I was reading some of the comments made in the Irresposible episode thread this weekend and saw how bad some of the Whumpers thought that episode was. I didn't think it was that good either, but it surprises me that they are so exicted about this episode when it was written by the same people?? I know there is a lot of rumoured whumpage so that might offset their comments of the writers' poor abilities to write a good script with "The Tower" and "Irresponsible" as examples. Any comments?

I also watched "The Tower" with commentaries this weekend and found out that the episode was kind of thrown together at the last moment and the characters were played a little too over the top. I'm wondering which Director was at the helm of "Travelers." Anyone know?

Linzi
April 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I reading some of the comments made in the Irresposible episode thread this weekend and saw how bad some of the Whumpers thought that episode was. I didn't think it was that good either, but it surprises me that they are so exicted about this episode when it was written by the same people?? I know there is a lot of rumoured whumpage so that might offset their comments of the writers' poor abilities to write a good script with "The Tower" and "Irresponsible" as examples. Any comments?

I also watched "The Tower" with commentaries this weekend and found out that the episode was kind of thrown together at the last moment and the characters were played a little too over the top. I'm wondering which Director was at the helm of "Travelers." Anyone know?
I think the director was Will Waring. He directed CG too. I liked The Tower personally. It's not one I watch a lot, but at the time I watched it, I found it entertaining, in a fluffy, lighthearted sort of way. I didn't particularly enjoy Irresponsible, for a number of reasons, but after my initial viewing of it, I calmed down and had to admit I did enjoy some scenes. It was just the outcome I disliked intensely, and a few inconsistencies with past episodes, that needed more explanation to satisfy my mind.

I loved Suspicion and Intruder, which were both penned by the same writers, so it very much depends on the episode.

I'm hopeful Travelers will be a great episode. Until I've seen it, I won't know, but certainly I try to go into each episode with an open mind.

Redhooks
April 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I think the director was Will Waring. He directed CG too. I liked The Tower personally. It's not one I watch a lot, but at the time I watched it, I found it entertaining, in a fluffy, lighthearted sort of way. I didn't particularly enjoy Irresponsible, for a number of reasons, but after my initial viewing of it, I calmed down and had to admit I did enjoy some scenes. It was just the outcome I disliked intensely, and a few inconsistencies with past episodes, that needed more explanation to satisfy my mind.

I loved Suspicion and Intruder, which were both penned by the same writers, so it very much depends on the episode.

I'm hopeful Travelers will be a great episode. Until I've seen it, I won't know, but certainly I try to go into each episode with an open mind.

After posting the director question I remembered the photos of Travelers JM had in his blog and looked it up. You were too quick for me to say I had found it myself. :o Thanks!!! :)

Pegasus_SGA
April 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I reading some of the comments made in the Irresposible episode thread this weekend and saw how bad some of the Whumpers thought that episode was. I didn't think it was that good either, but it surprises me that they are so exicted about this episode when it was written by the same people?? I know there is a lot of rumoured whumpage so that might offset their comments of the writers' poor abilities to write a good script with "The Tower" and "Irresponsible" as examples. Any comments?

I was one of the whumpers who was not happy with the way Irresponsible turned out and we're in good company because JM didn't like it either and he wrote it :lol: I think certian things didn't pan out the way he epected them to and that's why he was disappointed. Likewise for me, it wasn't so much the plot holes, more the village idiots...sorry it had to be said and the ending was a big disappointed and after CG I expected more. The Kolya/Shep storyline should never have been combined imo, and I won't go into the ending cos i'll just get narked all over again. With Irresposible, i think I went in with certain expectations (especially given the previous storyline of The Eye/The storm/Brotherhood and CG *squee*) and given that I hoped Irresponsible would be on par with those eps, and it wasn't. With Travelers I have no expectations whatsoever, except for some great character moments. Pst, between us, a lil bit of whump wouldn't go astray either. :D But i'm looking forward to this as a new arc with new possibilities, and I have nothing to judge this on, so i'll patiently wait *cough*not*cough* until S4 airs without any expectations and enjoy the story for what it is.

scifi_lemon
April 30th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I thought that Travelers was an okay episode, but I still *hate* the ending. Kolya deserved a better demise than the Western quick-draw cliche. The personal shield thing hasn't really been explained to my satisfaction, too. But anyways, back to Travelers... lol

Redhooks
April 30th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I've probably heard a Rush song, but my brain is unable to think of any of their stuff.

OffTopic: Tom Sawyer, Limelight, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Subdivisions, New World Man, Fly By Night, and Dreamline are probably their best known songs. Unfortunately, they don't fit into most "Classic Rock" type stations and most mainstream rock stations are playing the "newer" music more. The guitar player, Alex Lifeson, wrote and performed the theme song, "March of the High Guard" for the first season of Andromeda.

OnTopic: Since Larrin's people (I wish JM would give us their name) are always looking for technology and pillaging worlds for it (kind of like our expedition in some ways), I wonder if they have any other Ancient technology that they can't get to work besides the ship? Any of those "ice cream cone" guns the crew of the Aurora had? I missed most of the Return part I, but did the crew of the Tria (sp?) have any of those weapons? If they did what happened to them when they were killed? I'm watching the last part of season 3 on Sci-Fi now and have not seen any of these episodes on other media (i.e. downloaded) so if there is any info, I haven't seen any yet. I wonder if they managed to obtain any small Ancient craft like the PJs. I hope they release the SGA Season 3 DVDs before Season 4 starts.

Elinor
April 30th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'm all for Shep getting his arse kicked by a woman. I hope Larrin is written as a smart, hard core put my people first get the info regardless of costs woman. I'm sorry, but if there's even a hint of a girly-girl, flirtatious nature in this, I think I'm going to puke. Girls can and do kick some seriuos arse.

Besides, it would be fun to see how Shep handles it. He does well with Teyla kicking his arse in stick fighting, but to be beaten by a girl? hmm..... Can I just say Squee!

Oooh yeah, I'd love to see that. I can just imagine the expression(s) on his face!

Gotta be more than a day, I agree!

Any of those "ice cream cone" guns the crew of the Aurora had? I missed most of the Return part I, but did the crew of the Tria (sp?) have any of those weapons?

Another name I've seen given to that gun is 'The Curling Iron of Doom'! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-003.gif
You know, I'm going to have to watch 'Return pt.1' again now, to see if they did have them!!

:)

Redhooks
April 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM
The "ice cream cones" is what Directer Martin Wood and Joe Flanigan called them on the DVD commentary.

scifi_lemon
May 1st, 2007, 05:47 PM
Kinda random but:

-We know that John has the strongest ATA gene
-We're supposed to get some major revelations in S4
-The 'Travelers' want John for his gene.

Does anyone think that we're gonna finally get a reason or some more info about why John has so strong an ATA gene, or is it just me? Why do you think he does have a strong gene? I've always thought that he's part Ancient, which would explain why ascended women are always after him ;) and the strength of his gene. Maybe it's just me.

Gate Geek
May 1st, 2007, 05:57 PM
Kinda random but:

Does anyone think that we're gonna finally get a reason or some more info about why John has so strong an ATA gene, or is it just me? Why do you think he does have a strong gene? I've always thought that he's part Ancient, which would explain why ascended women are always after him ;) and the strength of his gene. Maybe it's just me.

I would love to find out about Shep's ATA gene. I'm not sure if we'll actually get anything outta this episode though. However it would be a nice surprise if we did.

But I really hope if things are all revealed about his ATA gene it won't be because he's an Ancient or descended Ancient or anything else relating to him being Ancienty. *shrugs*

Redhooks
May 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM
Kinda random but:

THE SHEP WHUMPERS/THUNKERS ARE ASCENDED WOMEN????? :D :D :D :D :D

I think he just happens to have a "strong" gene due to chance. There was an Ancient somewhere in his family tree's roots. ;) (Hmm.. dirty shep ancestor. Just need him to be bound and beaten and the whumpers will go GAGA over him too!!!) :D :D :D :D

scifi_lemon
May 1st, 2007, 07:29 PM

I think he just happens to have a "strong" gene due to chance. There was an Ancient somewhere in his family tree's roots. ;) (Hmm.. dirty shep ancestor. Just need him to be bound and beaten and the whumpers will go GAGA over him too!!!) :D :D :D :D

Yes. Yes we are. ;) :lol: I don't think he's a descended Ancient or anything (but that would explain why we know so little about his past...:D ) But there's definitely an Ancient somewhere in his ancestry. The proof is the ears!! They're inhumanly pointy!! But we love him, Spock ears and all...

Redhooks
May 1st, 2007, 08:38 PM
I don't think the Travelers were specifically trying to capture Sheppard. I think they just get lucky (read: writers MADE it Sheppard) that Shep was in the first PJ they encountered from Atlantis.

Has there been a definate statement from JM that Shep is alone in the PJ when captured? It doesn't seem likely that you only have one person in the PJ. There were two people in each of the three PJs scrambled to intercept the scout Wraith dart in "The Brotherhood." Unless Shep is transporting something to an ally that takes up most of the PJ's interior space and is on a return trip when he is captured, I don't think he would be on the trip alone.
When he is captured and Larrin sees that he pilots the PJ, she and her chief scientist will know that he has the Ancient/Ancestors gene.

Any comments/thoughts??

Linzi
May 2nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
I don't think the Travelers were specifically trying to capture Sheppard. I think they just get lucky (read: writers MADE it Sheppard) that Shep was in the first PJ they encountered from Atlantis.

Has there been a definate statement from JM that Shep is alone in the PJ when captured? It doesn't seem likely that you only have one person in the PJ. There were two people in each of the three PJs scrambled to intercept the scout Wraith dart in "The Brotherhood." Unless Shep is transporting something to an ally that takes up most of the PJ's interior space and is on a return trip when he is captured, I don't think he would be on the trip alone.
When he is captured and Larrin sees that he pilots the PJ, she and her chief scientist will know that he has the Ancient/Ancestors gene.

Any comments/thoughts??
I think on JM's blog, he went through a beginning scene where it was Sheppard alone in the Jumper on the radio to McKay. So, yes, I think Sheppard is checking out something alone. What, I don't know. Maybe a check on the PJ?

Linzi
May 2nd, 2007, 12:40 AM
Yes. Yes we are. ;) :lol: I don't think he's a descended Ancient or anything (but that would explain why we know so little about his past...:D ) But there's definitely an Ancient somewhere in his ancestry. The proof is the ears!! They're inhumanly pointy!! But we love him, Spock ears and all...

Alipeeps
May 2nd, 2007, 05:21 AM

Any comments/thoughts??

I'm pretty sure he is alone in the jumper when captured. No idea why - we'll have to wait and see on that one. As you say, the Travelers weren't specifically after him... they were after someone who could activate Ancient technology... so they kept an eye out for an opportunity and when they found an Ancient ship flying about they knew if they took that ship the pilot would be someone who could activate the Ancient technology.

Linzi
May 2nd, 2007, 05:30 AM

Any comments/thoughts??
Here you go, Redhooks. Didn't think I dreamed it.
This is what JM said on his blog about the prepping for Travelers. So, we do know Sheppard is alone in the PJ.

Prep week invariably begins with the concept meeting, the preliminary pre-production assembly attending by all of the department heads. We all sit around the long conference room table as the First A.D. goes through the script, scene by scene. “Scene one,”he’ll say, “A puddle jumper flies through space. This is a visual effects shot.” - and wait for the director or visual effects supervisor to chime in. Is there anything special about this shot? Has the director envisioned something he wants to run by us? No? Okay. “Scene two,”says the First A.D., “We’re interior jumper. Sheppard is alone. He gets a radio message from McKay.” Anything? No. Moving onto - “Scene three. McKay is in the control room, talking to Sheppard…” And so on. We all sit in our respective seats, flipping the pages and following along, weighing in when necessary

Edit: I agree the Travelers didn't specifically want Sheppard. They just wanted anyone from the expedition with the Ancient gene.

Sheppard's Delight
May 2nd, 2007, 05:36 AM
This is what JM said on his blog about the prepping for Travelers. So, we do know Sheppard is alone in the PJ.

Prep week invariably begins with the concept meeting, the preliminary pre-production assembly attending by all of the department heads. We all sit around the long conference room table as the First A.D. goes through the script, scene by scene. “Scene one,”he’ll say, “A puddle jumper flies through space. This is a visual effects shot.” - and wait for the director or visual effects supervisor to chime in. Is there anything special about this shot? Has the director envisioned something he wants to run by us? No? Okay. “Scene two,”says the First A.D., “We’re interior jumper. Sheppard is alone. He gets a radio message from McKay.” Anything? No. Moving onto - “Scene three. McKay is in the control room, talking to Sheppard…” And so on. We all sit in our respective seats, flipping the pages and following along, weighing in when necessary

Edit: I agree the Travelers didn't specifically want Sheppard. They just wanted anyone from the expedition with the Ancient gene.

Thanks for finding that Linzi!!! I do remember reading this but couldnt remember where or when!

Linzi
May 2nd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Thanks for finding that Linzi!!! I do remember reading this but couldnt remember where or when!
No problem. It's not like I'm addicted to JM's blog, and spoilers, or anything...:o

scifi_lemon
May 2nd, 2007, 07:32 AM

EDIT: I agree the Travelers didn't specifically want Sheppard. They just wanted anyone from the expedition with the Ancient gene.

Ditto. But that's interesting, why would he go check something out alone? *ponders* I can't wait to see this episode!!! :D

Linzi
May 2nd, 2007, 07:41 AM
Ditto. But that's interesting, why would he go check something out alone? *ponders* I can't wait to see this episode!!! :D
It is unusual, I agree. Maybe it's just a quick spaceflight, and nobody else is needed? That's the only thing I can come up with. Don't forget Sheppard in Return I Flew the Jumper through the Intergalactic Gate system all alone. So, maybe he'e testing something out on the Jumper possibly?

Pegasus_SGA
May 2nd, 2007, 08:15 AM
It is unusual, I agree. Maybe it's just a quick spaceflight, and nobody else is needed? That's the only thing I can come up with. Don't forget Sheppard in Return I Flew the Jumper through the Intergalactic Gate system all alone. So, maybe he'e testing something out on the Jumper possibly?

Oooooh I know, *raises hand* what if Shep is testing McKay's upgrade he did on the PJ in TOR the hyperdrive jumper?

And that's why Shep is alone as he doesn't want to risk anyone else getting stranded. Maybe? Possibly? Shall I shut up now? :lol:

Linzi
May 2nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Oooooh I know, *raises hand* what if Shep is testing McKay's upgrade he did on the PJ in TOR the hyperdrive jumper?

And that's why Shep is alone as he doesn't want to risk anyone else getting stranded. Maybe? Possibly? Shall I shut up now? :lol:

Good idea!!! Very good idea! I hope you're right.

Though it'd be nice if we could have an episode where a modified Jumper malfunctions and Sheppard is trapped under water and can't escape and then a whale...oh, ok, yep, think we had a similar episode to that back in season 2... Oh well, maybe another PJ crash scenario then? ;)

Back to Travelers...I think Sheppard must be testing something. He can't be alone on a mission. So, you could well be spot on there, Peggy. :)

scifi_lemon
May 2nd, 2007, 10:19 AM

That definitly works. Oooo what if Shep uses the hyperdrive and appears right by the Travelers ship?. They go investigate and he's captured. Back on Atlantis, the rest of the team is trying to figure out where he is, but all they have to work with is the coordinates the jumper used. What do you guys think?

Listy
May 2nd, 2007, 10:33 AM

I would love to find out about Shep's ATA gene. I'm not sure if we'll actually get anything outta this episode though. However it would be a nice surprise if we did.

But I really hope if things are all revealed about his ATA gene it won't be because he's an Ancient or descended Ancient or anything else relating to him being Ancienty. *shrugs*

Oh ITA I don't want Shep to be an ancient or descended either way to easy I want a different angle a bit of a twist somehow.

Thanks for that had forgotten bits of that.

As for Shep being alone in the jumper, it does seem unusual, but maybe its just taken for granted that it happens sometimes. You mentioned Return I which was a perfect example, but also in The Storm in S1 when they found the jumper bay opening, Shep was heading out cruising the planet alone until Ford turned up and asked to tag along, so maybe its not supposed to be that unusual for him to be alone and we just don't see it because we usually only see missions, etc, who knows maybe Shep likes to go for some late night jaunts to wind down if he can't be bothered to go running, or maybe I totally lost my train of thought and waffled for a few lines about absolute tosh :)

thats a good one :) very Shep, he wouldn't want to risk the safety of others.

Good idea!!! Very good idea! I hope you're right.

Though it'd be nice if we could have an episode where a modified Jumper malfunctions and Sheppard is trapped under water and can't escape and then a whale...oh, ok, yep, think we had a similar episode to that back in season 2... Oh well, maybe another PJ crash scenario then? ;)

Back to Travelers...I think Sheppard must be testing something. He can't be alone on a mission. So, you could well be spot on there, Peggy. :)

LMAO :D

Redhooks
May 2nd, 2007, 12:27 PM

Thanks for posting this Linzi. I agree with the speculation he is testing out something because he is communicating with McKay. This leads to another question, is Sheppard in the local area of Atlantis or communicating thru a gate or thru a sub-space link? I trying to think of any examples of PJ having sub-space comm. capability: TDO and Siege 1 are only ones I can think of right now and they happened in the same solar system. Can anyone think of any other time without Atlantis, Daedalus, SGC, or thru a gate being involved?

*Erika*
May 2nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
The impression that I got was that Shep is investigating a satelite orbiting some planet, and that's why he was comunicating via radio with McKay through the gate.

From GW: First plot details on 'Travelers'

Over the past few years, her people have heard rumors of a new power in the galaxy, humans who are using Ancient technology to battle the Wraith -- the Atlantis expedition. They set up spy satellites around many worlds, and eventually discovered and captured Sheppard. Larrin is quite interested in the fact that John has the gene required to operate Lantean technology.

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure he is alone in the jumper when captured. No idea why - we'll have to wait and see on that one. As you say, the Travelers weren't specifically after him... they were after someone who could activate Ancient technology... so they kept an eye out for an opportunity and when they found an Ancient ship flying about they knew if they took that ship the pilot would be someone who could activate the Ancient technology.

Mabey he's on a reconosance mission and gets captured? Who know mabey he's on the Apollo or the deadalus and they find something out in space and they send sheppard to investigate.

Gate Geek
May 2nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Forgive all my stupidness as I have not seen all of S3 yet, but could it do something with Shep checking out the Gate Bridge or that midpoint station? I thought I remembered something about it targeted for destruction in Return II, but my brain is not working to recall correctly if it did and did not happen.:o

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Forgive all my stupidness as I have not seen all of S3 yet, but could it do something with Shep checking out the Gate Bridge or that midpoint station? I thought I remembered something about it targeted for destruction in Return II, but my brain is not working to recall correctly if it did and did not happen.:o

It was but they never destroyed it.

Gate Geek
May 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
It was but they never destroyed it.

Thanks. So maybe Shep is in the PJ doing something with that then.

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah it's possible, mabey he wants to get captured if he's there stuck with dr.lee trying to fix the station.

Redhooks
May 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Spoiler for slightly OT: :cool:

Just saw a new Mercury Car commercial with Jill Wagner in it and she looked great. It makes me want to say:

SQE... *cough, ack, cough*. :eek: I mean SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! :D

Too much reading whumpers! :D :D :D

Linzi
May 2nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
I think that's unlikely, as the GW spoilers say that the Travelers have put spy satellites 'around many worlds' to try and catch an expedition member, and when Shep comes approaches one that they detect him, capture him, and are lucky it's Shep. I don't think the Bridge has planets nearby, so I'd guess he's not doing anything to do with it. That's just my guess based on the info we have, though. :)

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
I think that's unlikely, as the GW spoilers say that the Travelers have put spy satellites 'around many worlds' to try and catch an expedition member, and when Shep comes approaches one that they detect him, capture him, and are just fortunate it's someone with the ATA gene. I don't think the Bridge has planets nearby, so I'd guess he's not doing anything to do with it. That's just my guess based on the info we have, though. :)

I forgot about that. You're probably right.

Gate Geek
May 3rd, 2007, 03:29 AM
I think that's unlikely, as the GW spoilers say that the Travelers have put spy satellites 'around many worlds' to try and catch an expedition member, and when Shep comes approaches one that they detect him, capture him, and are lucky it's Shep. I don't think the Bridge has planets nearby, so I'd guess he's not doing anything to do with it. That's just my guess based on the info we have, though. :)

I forgot about that. My mind was squee filled over the thought of bound and beaten and forced to use his ATA gene.....can't really blame a whumper can you?

So that leaves us back to why the hell is Shep out joy riding by himself then?? Recon mission? Is it actually joyriding? Or is it that he wants some peace and quiet?Or what? :lol:

Linzi
May 3rd, 2007, 03:41 AM
I forgot about that. My mind was squee filled over the thought of bound and beaten and forced to use his ATA gene.....can't really blame a whumper can you?

So that leaves us back to why the hell is Shep out joy riding by himself then?? Recon mission? Is it actually joyriding? Or is it that he wants some peace and quiet?Or what? :lol:
I'm going with joyriding! :lol:

H Louise
May 3rd, 2007, 05:17 AM
Joyriding! Lol. I love how your mind works.

Mitchell82
May 3rd, 2007, 08:22 AM

I'd say recon or joyriding.

scifi_lemon
May 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM

I'll say recon but then again... maybe Rodney's trying to convince Shep to come back? :P

Mitchell82
May 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
I'll say recon but then again... maybe Rodney's trying to convince Shep to come back? :P

LOL yeah mabey.

Redhooks
May 3rd, 2007, 11:21 PM
I think Sheppard has to be testing something out on the PJ that might be dangerous and that is why he is alone like when he was testing the Galaxy Gate bridge in The Return, part 1. If he is on a recon mission, it makes no logical sense that he would be alone, IMHO. Of course, who said the writers always make logical storylines. ;)

Spoiler for OT:

If you want to see Jill Wagner acting in Blade: The Series, there are a number of clips and fanclips on YouTube. Just search for her name and you will get Blade clips and Mercury car commercials.

scifi_lemon
May 4th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I think Sheppard has to be testing something out on the PJ that might be dangerous and that is why he is alone like when he was testing the Galaxy Gate bridge in The Return, part 1. If he is on a recon mission, it makes no logical sense that he would be alone, IMHO. Of course, who said the writers always make logical storylines. ;)

Spoiler for OT:

If you want to see Jill Wagner acting in Blade: The Series, there are a number of clips and fanclips on YouTube. Just search for her name and you will get Blade clips and Mercury car commercials.

I agree. There's no reason for him to be alone if he's on recon. Testing the PJ hyperdrive?

Redhooks
May 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Testing the PJ hyperdrive?

That must be from a 3rd season episode that hasn't aired yet in the U.S., because I have not seen this.

scifi_lemon
May 4th, 2007, 09:45 AM
That must be from a 3rd season episode that hasn't aired yet in the U.S., because I have not seen this.

Yeah, it's 'mentioned' in Tao of Rodney. Oppies, guess I should put a 'spoiler' thingy around it then. Sorry! :weiranime32:

H Louise
May 4th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Shep doing recon alone probably wouldn't be a problem, he's had enough experience in the military doing rescue missions and recon etc.

Its starting to sound like a Voyager ep - where one of the male characters goes on recon alone...
If they play it like its a normal thing for Shep to be flying alone then it will come across ok.

Redhooks
May 4th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it's 'mentioned' in Tao of Rodney. Oppies, guess I should put a 'spoiler' thingy around it then. Sorry! :weiranime32:

Don't worry about it. If I didn't want to see spoilers, I wouldn't be in the season 4 area!!! :D :D :D

Gate Geek
May 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Don't worry about it. If I didn't want to see spoilers, I wouldn't be in the season 4 area!!! :D :D :D

But wait, I haven't see all of S3 yet and am mostly spoiler-free for it. :o :) I'm not making that same mistake again come S4. :lol:

Redhooks
May 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM
But wait, I haven't see all of S3 yet and am mostly spoiler-free for it. :o :) I'm not making that same mistake again come S4. :lol:

Well, hopefully there won't be as long a mid-season break as for season 3. Then we won't be MONTHS behind Canada and the UK!!!

Gate Geek
May 4th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Well, hopefully there won't be as long a mid-season break as for season 3. Then we won't be MONTHS behind Canada and the UK!!!

If that's the case I may find myself as a new resident of one of those countries. I refuse to put up with that waiting crap again.

I return you to Travelers Squee...

SQUEE!!!! for bound and beaten Sheppy!

Redhooks
May 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM
If that's the case I may find myself as a new resident of one of those countries. I refuse to put up with that waiting crap again.

If SGA was broadcast on CBC and not a cable channel in Canada, I could watch it because I get CBC from Windsor, Ontario which is just south of Detroit across the Detroit River. I know what you are thinking; south?? Yes, there is a part of Ontario that is south of Detroit. I can't just think of Canada as the Great White North!!! Just a quirk of geography. :)