This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qustion about Merlin? May contain Spoilers

This Thread is about Merlin. Ask any question that you want here about Merlin. I have a few question about Merlin

1. How many times did he ascend and deascend?

2. How powerful was he when he was not ascended? In the terms of telekeniss, telapath, and other mental powers?

3. How smart was he? I mean I know he was smart but hot smart was he

4. When did he leave Earth? To make the Sangral and take the Knights with him.

5. Did Merlin take a ship to the other planets when he left Earth or Did Merlin unearth the Stargate for a quick use?

6. How Old is Merlin?

Ask any other questions that you have about Merlin here
    Last edited by fugiman; 02 March 2007, 11:56 PM.
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Can we answer them too?

1. He only did one of each.

2. We don't know how powerful he was before he ascended but after he descended he had a lot of powers. I would assume that he had a lot of powers before he ascended though. Much like Adria, if not more powerful.

3. Can't tell. He was obviously an ancient scientist so he would have been smarter than the average ancient. Then when he ascended he would have gained an even better understanding of the knowledge he already had. Then he brought that with him when he descended.

4. Anytime after he descended.

5. We don't know exactly when he descended so we can't say for sure. But he could have used the Antarctic gate. Also, in 'Its good to be King' we were shown that he had a puddle jumpers.

6. No idea.

I don't have any questions at this point but I'm sure I'll be back.
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Merlin was a Lantean scientist who left Atlantis after the war with the Wraith to return home. After which, sometime he ascended. However, like many of the ascended, he was subject to rules that prevented him from taking an active part against the threat the Ori represented. So he decided to break the rules by descending into the lower planes but not in a typical manner as he descended into an advanced human body with advanced abilities the extent of which we do not know but we do know that he had some form of telekinesis and presumably other such advanced skills. As to how powerful he was, can only speculate but presumably he was somewhat weaker compared to Adria.

As to how he left Earth, again presumably thats through the stargate and he could have gone to the Antartica one. As to why he did so? Again its possible that he felt his experiments were unsafe on Earth as by the time he descended, the Goa'uld had long ago arrived and begun enslaving the human race. He wouldnt allow such an advanced piece of technology, that was the Sangraal that would have been able to destroy ascended beings, in a place where a galaxy dominating evil parasitical species that is the Goa'uld could take it.

Its possible he had a ship but I kind of doubt it but its possible. Janus built a time ship on a puddle jumper so its entirely possible.

As to how old he was, no idea. We don't know the lifespan of the Ancients who could have lived far longer then humans were capable of despite them being the first evolution of the human form. It was said though that he finally died after living around four life times.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I thought Merlin was head of the Atlantian High Councilor, though he went by the name Moros. We saw him in the episode before I sleep, he was pissed off at Janus for building the time travelling device.
        sigpic
        "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
        Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
          Again its possible that he felt his experiments were unsafe on Earth as by the time he descended, the Goa'uld had long ago arrived and begun enslaving the human race. He wouldnt allow such an advanced piece of technology, that was the Sangraal that would have been able to destroy ascended beings, in a place where a galaxy dominating evil parasitical species that is the Goa'uld could take it.
          The Goa'uld left Earth back 5000 years ago. Merlin descended around 2000 years ago (that's when the King Arthur stuff happened) so he would have been safe.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
            5. We don't know exactly when he descended so we can't say for sure. But he could have used the Antarctic gate. Also, in 'Its good to be King' we were shown that he had a puddle jumpers.
            the puddle jumper wasn't his. that was the one with the time device seen in atlantis season 1 in 'before i sleep' therefore it was that ancient scientist that helped weir, not merlin.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              the puddle jumper wasn't his. that was the one with the time device seen in atlantis season 1 in 'before i sleep' therefore it was that ancient scientist that helped weir, not merlin.
              Yes but what he is saying is that since Janus had access to a Puddlejumper, it is logical to assume that Merlin would aswell.

Comment

merlin is 10,000 years old

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  This Thread is about Merlin. Ask any question that you want here about Merlin. I have a few question about Merlin

1. How many times did he ascend and deascend?

2. How powerful was he when he was not ascended? In the terms of telekeniss, telapath, and other mental powers?

3. How smart was he? I mean I know he was smart but hot smart was he

4. When did he leave Earth? To make the Sangral and take the Knights with him.

5. Did Merlin take a ship to the other planets when he left Earth or Did Merlin unearth the Stargate for a quick use?

6. How Old is Merlin?

Ask any other questions that you have about Merlin here

looks like you didnt watch the episodes carefully again. If you cant find answers in the episodes...there is NO POINT in asking the people if we know. But, i think in the Pegasus project, Morgan explain much about Merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Yeah, sorry about that guys! I wasn't really clear. I should have said that from 'It's good to be King' we can assume that the Lantians brought a few Puddle Jumpers back with them to earth. Merlin could have used one of them.
                    sigpic
                    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                      looks like you didnt watch the episodes carefully again. If you cant find answers in the episodes...there is NO POINT in asking the people if we know. But, i think in the Pegasus project, Morgan explain much about Merlin.
                      I don't want to rewatch the episode, so I just ask you guys. Jeez you don't have to point out that I don't watch the episode every freakin time that I ask a question just anwser or don't say anything ok.
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        The Goa'uld left Earth back 5000 years ago. Merlin descended around 2000 years ago (that's when the King Arthur stuff happened) so he would have been safe.

Vala,
                        True but there was no gurantee that they would not come back to Earth and conquer it. Earth is ok as a research site but a world in the gate network where ships can't reach and can only be accessed via the gate sounds a lot more secure then a world that had thousands of humans taken as slaves with the slavers possibly coming back sometime in the future....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                          True but there was no gurantee that they would not come back to Earth and conquer it. Earth is ok as a research site but a world in the gate network where ships can't reach and can only be accessed via the gate sounds a lot more secure then a world that had thousands of humans taken as slaves with the slavers possibly coming back sometime in the future....
                          In all likelihood he would have known about humans becoming the fifth race, as such he would have assumed that for their ascension to the alliance they would remain free from Goa'uld enslavement. Another question is why did he not leave such a device with the Asgard. With him no longer being ascended there would be no risk in him leaving the galaxy to go to Ida, surely the best place to leave the weapon would be out of reach of both the ancients and the ori, and in the hands of people who could protect far more readily than we could ever hope to do.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
                            In all likelihood he would have known about humans becoming the fifth race, as such he would have assumed that for their ascension to the alliance they would remain free from Goa'uld enslavement. Another question is why did he not leave such a device with the Asgard. With him no longer being ascended there would be no risk in him leaving the galaxy to go to Ida, surely the best place to leave the weapon would be out of reach of both the ancients and the ori, and in the hands of people who could protect far more readily than we could ever hope to do.
                            Then the replicators would have known all about it when they copied the asgard database, as would anubis when he copied thors brain. Bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
                              Quite possibly because he was also avoiding the Ascended Ancients who have been known to take active roles in preventing ascended beings from abusing their powers. Such as Orlin when the Others destroyed the civilisation that he gave technology to use against another civilisation.
                              Spoiler:
                              Unfortunately, it seems that the Others agent on the corporeal planes succeeded as Ganos Lal did destroyed the Sangraal.

Comment

Working...
                              X