Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Con 2005 Convention Tour Announced!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation Con 2005 Convention Tour Announced!

From an e-mail from Creation Entertainment:

STARGATE SG-1 OFFICIAL CONVENTION TOUR 2005 ANNOUNCED!

Thanks to the tremendous support of Stargate SG-1 fans nationwide that made our 2004 Tour a success, we are happy today to announce initial plans for The OFFICIAL STARGATE SG-1 CONVENTION TOUR 2005.

Cities on the tour already (with more to be added) include:

DALLAS, TEXAS FEBRUARY 25-27 with CHRISTOPHER JUDGE, MICHAEL SHANKS, DON DAVIS

BURBANK, CALIFORNIA JULY 8-10 with CHRISTOPHER JUDGE, MICHAEL SHANKS

BOSTON, MA JULY 15-17 with CHRISTOPHER JUDGE, MICHAEL SHANKS, DON DAVIS

NEW JERSEY/NEW YORK AUGUST 5-7 with CHRISTOPHER JUDGE, MICHAEL SHANKS

COLUMBUS, OHIO AUGUST 19-21 with CHRISTOPHER JUDGE, MICHAEL SHANKS,
    DON DAVIS

CHICAGO, IL AUGUST 26-28 with CHRISTOPHER JUDGE, MICHAEL SHANKS

Michael and Christopher will also be joining us for the 13th Annual Creation Grand Slam Convention in Pasadena in March of 2005.

All guests are tentative, many more will be added in the weeks to come!

And, a special note to thank all our wonderful guest celebrities that made the 2004 Tour so much fun! It's a pleasure to work with you guys and we look forward to making 2005 even bigger and better!

At this early time, GOLD WEEKEND PACKAGES are now on sale for all these events. In returning cities, new GOLD WEEKEND PATRONS will be seated behind those that purchased at the 2004 dates. Other ticket options will become available soon.

Visit us at www.fansofstargate.com and link to conventions to grab the best front row seatings.

See you in 2005!

Your friends at Creation Entertainment

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Interesting that Amanda is not listed on any of those yet
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Interesting that Amanda is not listed on any of those yet

yeah, no amanda, not worth it. I've seen michael twice, don 4 times....chris is fun, but alone he's not worth the 300+ dollars.

aah, well. It'll be a good show for some folks, and i'll just save my money for something else <G>
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

yeah, no amanda, not worth it. I've seen michael twice, don 4 times....chris is fun, but alone he's not worth the 300+ dollars.

aah, well. It'll be a good show for some folks, and i'll just save my money for something else <G>

Could be that with Amanda hosting "Proof Positive" (and hopefully some other projects in the works), she may be asking for more money next year and they're still in negotiations.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

*All guests are tentative, many more will be added in the weeks to come!*

IMO, it's too soon to tell who will be there for sure! On Creation's site, they are listed as SG1/Atlantis cons, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the Atlantis actors added to the list. As far as AT, hhmmm, they may just have not recieved confirmation from her yet! YET being the operative word hopefully!

On another note, really glad to see they have expanded their coverage, so to speak. I'm sure the fans in TX and surrounding areas are excited!!

Comment

It could be scheduling issues, especially with season 9 still up in the air and AT's new job hosting that other show. Probably Amanda and several others will be added before everything's finalized so I wouldn't be all bummed that she's not on the list yet. Creation probably had enough guests lined up to start publicizing the events so they did.

I'm hoping we'll see some people like JR Bourne and Teryl this year. And some of the Atlantis group. And maybe some production people - Jonathan Glassner was a guest at one con earlier this year.

I've never seen any of them so it's all good for me. And Dallas, TX, baby! Woohoo!
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

well, columbus ohio is a LITTLE closer to home, but still a pretty fair piece away. definitely a 8-9 hour drive i'm guessing.

maybe, and it's a big maybe, if amanda comes and there's no gatecon.

but if there's a gatecon, i'll go there before i'd do one of these.

time will tell

And if amanda doesn't do one of these, maybe i'll just take a year off from cons and head to one of the british ones.

It is nice though that there are a few more opportunities. Given that i live in the vast scifi wasteland of the midwest (you know, there's nothing but cows between the two cities of chicago and denver..... ) I know it'll be a cold day in netu before something cool happens conveniently close.

I know why they don't, and i understand, i jsut with cons had a money back guarantee of some sort. I fully understand when guests have to cancel, they have lives too....but if i'm shelling out 300+ for the ticket, 500+ for the assorted travel expenses then end up having the only person i want to see cancel, it's a pricey gamble.

Guess that's what i get for being too pickey. <G>

sigpic

Comment

I went to my first con in Burbank this year and had such fun. So I emailed Gary and Adam at Creation to ask them to consider Texas, and they said they were in the planning stages for Dallas. So, I am thrilled they are coming, and have already ordered my tickets. Since I don't have to worry about airfare and hotel, the $335 is worth it for the things that come with it. I certainly hope the lineup includes Amanda, and some of the others who came to Burbank, but it will be fun regardless. And I have a bunch of friends going as well, since it is local

Comment

that's great for you Kri

And it will be fun for those fans in the large cities chosen for cons

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X