This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans and Wraith... (Spoilers Ahead)

Presumably, after seeing Oberoth recreated in First Strike, we know that Asurans can take on any form that is familiar to them. Now, if they were to capture a Wraith Queen or two, probe her mind, and then become familiar enough with her to take her form, could they begin to infiltrate the Wraith and rule over them?

It would have to be biologically conntected to the wraith psychological network which could be problematic. And why waste time infiltrating when you can just send a warrior to each world and unleash the nanite virus killing them all?

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
      Presumably, after seeing Oberoth recreated in First Strike, we know that Asurans can take on any form that is familiar to them. Now, if they were to capture a Wraith Queen or two, probe her mind, and then become familiar enough with her to take her form, could they begin to infiltrate the Wraith and rule over them?
      Do we? I though they just said that each Asuran had been replicated many times...

Comment

He said they could be re-created many times. I think he said quickly that they were downloaded and recreated many times. Human Cylon reasoning here.

Oberoth took on the likeness of his creators. Not the actual physical appearance of one of the Atlantians. In theory he just took all the physical depictions of all the Atlantians and mixed them together to come up with what we see him as now.

Presumebly as their physical structure is nanites, they should be able to take on any form they see fit. If that is a wraith queen or a member of Sheppards team.

As a side bar, do the teams have names in SGA? Like SG1, etc?

It appears that the Asurans already have their own "subspace neural network" which they can communicate with, an Asuran theoretically could simply "change frequencies" as they are more software than hardware and infiltrate the Wraith. But this story line is very in depth and would take probably more than 3 episodes to explain, so probably not going to surface. But a good theory none the less.

Comment

They took humanform because it was the "Most effective form" they knew. They would've also known of the wraith before becoming human, as they were originally meant to attack them, so it stands to reason that they were't considered an effective form (which in many ways they aren't).

Also, why would they waste their time with the Wraith? The Wraith probably know to stay away from them since the Asurans = Pointless losses for the Wraith, and they are both perfectly happy separate from one another.

There is also a fact that the Asurans already had a plan to destroy the Wraith, but that the Lantians never approved of it (Hot Zone Virus).

So, while it may be possible to take Wraith appearance, I doubt they would do it. But I also think it isn't simply "possible" for them in the sense that they can just shape shift. Unlike Replicators, who were basically just a human looking layer over metal, the Asurans seem to have a more permanent form, and more complicated because of it. It would probbaly take them a lot of time to change the way they look, if it's even possible.

But I dunno....

Comment

i want to know why atlantis havnt given the wraith a tip off about the asuran homeworld, the wraith would asume they were ancients and wipe out their world. or start a huge battle between them both and keep them occupied and give atlantis enough time to go on as they wish.

we know that the asurans are still programed to attack the wraith when there in proximity because the nanties in weirs body attacked the wraith dna on contact.

maybe a fan wank idea, but i thinks its a very logical plot.
            Great Races Of Stargate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Øsiris øf the Øri View Post
              It would have to be biologically conntected to the wraith psychological network which could be problematic. And why waste time infiltrating when you can just send a warrior to each world and unleash the nanite virus killing them all?
              yeah but in return part 2 when sheppard went into atlantis with mckays backward password, john ran over 2 asurans coming in so all the wraith have to do is do a a ran at it
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                There is also a fact that the Asurans already had a plan to destroy the Wraith, but that the Lantians never approved of it (Hot Zone Virus).
                I don't know what you mean. The Asurans didn't have a plan when the Ancients were studying them. They never had to approve of anything. The Asurans were jsut a project to them, an error. I doubt the Asurans were developed enough (as a society) to have plans to destroy the Wraith. I believe that was some lie that Oberoth told them in order to make them believe they were really Ancients.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by ouzo View Post
                  i want to know why atlantis havnt given the wraith a tip off about the asuran homeworld, the wraith would asume they were ancients and wipe out their world. or start a huge battle between them both and keep them occupied and give atlantis enough time to go on as they wish.

we know that the asurans are still programed to attack the wraith when there in proximity because the nanties in weirs body attacked the wraith dna on contact.

maybe a fan wank idea, but i thinks its a very logical plot.
                  Thats a good idea
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                    I don't know what you mean. The Asurans didn't have a plan when the Ancients were studying them. They never had to approve of anything. The Asurans were jsut a project to them, an error. I doubt the Asurans were developed enough (as a society) to have plans to destroy the Wraith. I believe that was some lie that Oberoth told them in order to make them believe they were really Ancients.
                    I'll find you the quote if I can, but since it's going to take time I'll tell you for now:

The Lantians decided that they should attack the Wraith with a nanite virus that would kill them from within. However, the virus evolved and replicated, quickly becoming what we now know as Asurans.

Still, they were programmed to kill wraith, and as such they came up with a plan which depended on making another virus which would kill the Wraith Food Supply, Humans.

The Lantians did not approve, and their whole fight began.

EDIT: I found what I was looking for, which is the statement mentioning them as the "Hot Zone" virus creators. The rest is info from the episodes put together.

PRODUCTION

Are there any plans to see the "Hot Zone" virus creators any time soon? "Yup."
                    (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a message at GateWorld Forum)

"Carl [Binder]'s working on the big two-parter that sees the introduction of the new big bads."
                    (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

After introducing the idea of an advanced antagonist in the Pegasus Galaxy in the Season One episode "Hot Zone," the writers expressed a desire to revisit the mysterious creators of the nanite virus in Season Two, but didn't get to it. According to executive producer Brad Wright, the Asurans will be a major recurring antagonist in the future of Stargate Atlantis -- and were originally conceived of as the series' primary villains when the show was on the drawing board.

"Another two episodes come compliments of Carl Binder, a couple of very well-written, very tight scripts (typical of Carl, that show-off) in which we are introduced to a brand new villain who's handywork we have already come across. 'Progeny' gets the ball rolling in an episode that introduces the new baddies and sheds some light on some of the Pegasus Galaxy's former tenants. 'The Real World' follows up with a seriously creepy episode. Poor Weir."

Comment

Working...
                    X