This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis shields

on the first episode of atlantis we see a puddle jumper pass through one of the shields and enter a juper bayon one of the piers . on the siege part three we see all of the darts explode when they hit the city shields this leads me to believe that only atlantian tech is alloud to pass through even the drones. so my piont is what is stoping the asurans from using this to their advantage?
    sigpic
    Sig For Me!

Well, first of all, they have to get close enough first. Second of all, we don't know enough about how that works to come to a definite conclusion. Maybe an operator in the tower has to "allow" a ship to come through... or something... who knows...

Comment

Wouldnt it make more sene to understand how the atlantis shield works and wats the hold up i mean so far we aint seen much of atlantis weapon ahve wee, the drone the big cannon and the satalites powerfull yes but considering they fought for a 100 years i dont think this is all they had

Comment

Maybe the puddlejumpers know the frequency that the shield is operating at, and every shield operates at a different frequency. I am sure McKay understands that, and we are to assume he does.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban
          this leads me to believe that only atlantian tech is alloud to pass through even the drones.
          of course. ancient beams too I bet
          obviously the ancients - like any highly evolved race - would want to make sure they could destroy themselves
          Last edited by SoulReaver; 01 March 2007, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X