PDA

View Full Version : "Rising" Photos!

Darren
May 3rd, 2004, 06:39 PM
Hi, folks!

Two dozen brand new photos have arrived from the Stargate Atlantis premiere, "Rising!" Check them out in GateWorld's episode guide (beware of spoilers):

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/101.shtml

And here's the kicker: Another two dozen will be along tomorrow!

Darren

Ace
May 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
Sweet....thanks alot Darren! :)

Ace

spg_1983
May 3rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
are sumner and weir "involved" because that one pic showed them kissing

brandohall
May 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Wow...

AWESOME!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!

bcmilco
May 3rd, 2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I saw the kiss and was like WTF?!?!

Otherwise I'm getting more and more excited about the new show!! :D

Darren
May 3rd, 2004, 07:06 PM
I'm guessing it's another "goof-off on the set" pic. :)

Something about Stargate sets seem to bring out the mistletoe in actors!

brandohall
May 3rd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Major Spoilers for Rising
Weir is becoming the AT of Atlantis (Black Widow)

Nolamom
May 3rd, 2004, 07:10 PM
Thanks Darren. Great pics. The kissing one is an odd, jarring note though!
Nola

brandohall
May 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
In one pic with Weir, she seems to be facing the gate and the light shining on her is white, not blue, what's up with that?

Darren
May 3rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
The puddle reflection isn't a steady blue light, remember. A photo is just one frame.

brandohall
May 3rd, 2004, 07:25 PM
You just had to go and use logic didn't you? ;)

Larry The Chevron Guy
May 3rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
Cool! I followed a link to the stargateatlantis.com site earlier thinking that was where all the pics were and was dissapointed. Guess I should have read here first. These pics are great!

David
May 3rd, 2004, 07:50 PM
You just had to go and use logic didn't you? ;)

I know.
We've tried to swat it out of him. It's there to stay.

daxterdd
May 3rd, 2004, 08:15 PM
That kissing picture is just too cute.

When it gets to that part in the episode I'm going to be cracking up remembering. Assumoing its not actually in the show. Which I am.

keshou
May 3rd, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I saw the kiss and was like WTF?!?!
My reaction exactly! Another "goof-off" kiss photo, huh? That Bridge studio must be one fun place to work!

The pics are great! I'm kind of getting excited about the new show, although I'm still avoiding most of the episode spoilers. I thought the dark uniforms (with the black panels) that the military guys are wearing looked okay in these photos, but I have to say the brownish ones with the yellow panels still look...... :S If I were a civilian on this team, I'd be thinking about joining the military. ;)

Joe Flanigan is a cutie. :) :)

morjana
May 3rd, 2004, 09:33 PM
Oh, my.

Very nice, Darren!

Thank you so much!

LOVE that photo of Weir and Sumner.

Sigh.

Morjana

Teal'c
May 3rd, 2004, 11:21 PM
I did notice that Sumner's team removed their country patches when on their mission (You can see on Ford)

Dibbs7
May 4th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Her arm is all blured though, looks like she's going to punch him

Jaster
May 4th, 2004, 05:46 AM
If you can't wait any longer for the extra photos, www.stargatesgc.com has them up now!

Click here to see them! (http://www.stargatesgc.com/sgc.nsf/ViewArticles/C381641DCEC3C97680256E6F003FDAB0) :eek:

Anubis
May 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Great photos. Looking forward to the other second batch

James Holland
May 4th, 2004, 08:19 AM
I saw those photos and man I went hystical I cant wait till july to see the new pemirire of Stargate Atlantis.

Anubis
May 4th, 2004, 08:44 AM
After taking a look at every photo instead of a quick glance, the premiere looks exciting. There will probably not be too much action but I guess part two will have a battle of some kind or at least a discovery

tfalls1
May 4th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Spoilers....

Does anyone think we are seeing the first pics of the Ancient Ship "Puddle Jumper". Also anyone else notice the "ear piece's" in the first set of photos in the ears of the team- could this be the ancient's translater that was mentioned on the Gateworld Spoilers? Also notice the new weapons the SG team is carrying.

Darren
May 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Part two is up!

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/101.shtml

Yep, I do believe that's the backend of a puddle jumper you're seeing.

Gateman
May 4th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Eggzellent!!!!!!!!!!

tfalls1
May 4th, 2004, 01:27 PM
I just wish they didn't remind me so much of shuttlepods from ST: TNG with the rear door ramp- maybe they had some left over for quick sale on the paramount lot :)
Thanks for the GREAT Pics!

bcmilco
May 4th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Part 2: Looking good! how many more days? :)

On a positive note about the uniforms... They look pretty good with the vests on. :D

DownFallAngel
May 4th, 2004, 02:26 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_46.shtml

Isn't that guy in the brown from that episode with "The Link"? I think thats him.

All I have to say is awesome man. These photos and the last set of photos are so damn HQ. I don't know how oyu guys do it, but keep up the good work.

Also, is that a transport ship that is not entirely in the shot?

Teal'c
May 4th, 2004, 03:24 PM
I did notice in two of the arriving in Atlantis photos, one of the scienists has a flag (and I can never tell the difference between them :P), either Germany or Belgium, it's the vertically striped one... I think Germany... :P

May 4th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I did notice in two of the arriving in Atlantis photos, one of the scienists has a flag (and I can never tell the difference between them :P), either Germany or Belgium, it's the vertically striped one... I think Germany... :P

You'd be right, it is the German flag.

GateWard
May 4th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Has anyone noticed the short alien looking person walking behind sumner in the photos where a large group of people are walking at night. It is to the left of him....looks like an old lady, but with a green head, and white locks of hair on the side. Are my eyes playing jokes on me? Is it some new alien or is it a old ugly person? Any thoughts?

TerraAtlantis
May 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I think the aliens in the Pegasus galaxy have a better fashion sense than the aliens in our galaxy.

Anthro Girl
May 4th, 2004, 05:04 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_46.shtml

Isn't that guy in the brown from that episode with "The Link"? I think thats him.

That's what I thought. Pallan from "Revisions" was played by Christopher Heyerdahl, but his IMDB listing doesn't show him guesting on Atlantis...yet. hmmmmm....

Cool pics! Can't wait until July! Thanks for sharing!

bspargo
May 4th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Has anyone noticed the short alien looking person walking behind sumner in the photos where a large group of people are walking at night. It is to the left of him....looks like an old lady, but with a green head, and white locks of hair on the side. Are my eyes playing jokes on me? Is it some new alien or is it a old ugly person? Any thoughts
Spoilers...

That is a Athosian Kid dressed up as a wraith. (possibly either wex or jinto). The athosians use plays to teach their children about the wraith.

ShadowMaat
May 4th, 2004, 08:05 PM
How come there aren't any pics of McKay? Or am I missing them?

Ace
May 4th, 2004, 08:37 PM
How come there aren't any pics of McKay? Or am I missing them?

Good Question! I hadn't noticed until you said something...

Ace

Darren
May 4th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I do believe the ship is the back-end of a "puddle jumper," an Ancient ship that the team finds in Atlantis and flies through the Stargate. It apparently has seating for a pilot (front), co-pilot (front), and at least six passengers in the rear.

sgeureka
May 5th, 2004, 01:02 AM
You'd be right, it is the German flag.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_11.shtml

No, it's the flag of Belgium. Germany's flag got the horizontal lines and is red in the middle.

Anubis
May 5th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Great second dose!

GateWard
May 5th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Spoilers...

That is a Athosian Kid dressed up as a wraith. (possibly either wex or jinto). The athosians use plays to teach their children about the wraith.

Oh cool, so maybe some of the wraith will have white hair like the concept art....I was hoping for the white hair, I think its scarier than the red hair of the queen. Thanks for the info...

vfxsoup
May 6th, 2004, 09:46 PM
If you thought those images were cool... just you all wait!

Mark Breakspear
Visual Effects Supervisor
Atlantis

[email protected]
www.vfxsoup.com

Darren
May 6th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Mark, you tease! I know, that's the downer about the set photos -- there's no VFX in them!

So can you settle a bet and tell us if this gal is really a Wraith queen, or just your run-of-the-mill female Wraith / "Keeper"?

Beckmen
May 7th, 2004, 03:12 AM
The teasers and pics aren't doing much for me so far. I am really looking forward to SG-1 S8, and Atlantis is sort of like the after-dinner mint. You don't look forward to it, but perhaps you will end up enjoying it.

vfxsoup
May 7th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Hey Darren, and all...

Firstly, this site is awesome... I'm loving working on a show with so many people interested in the details and the plots. So often we forget on set that this is a brand new world that we are creating and the end result is a beautifully crafted story that you guys will watch, critique, laugh at, cry at, etc etc etc...

As to the Wraith Queen I couldn't possibly comment. ;) Which picture are you refering to?

M

brandohall
May 7th, 2004, 01:45 PM
To tell you the truth, I am actually looking more forward to Atlantis than I am SG-1 next year. I can't wait. These pics look absolutely awesome. I wonder where McKay is?