This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British X-304?

In sg-1 season 9 the Russians were given a 304 in order to get the gate out of there hands.

Since then area 51 has churned out the Apollo. That put the total 304's in current operation at 3 Daedalus, Odyssey and Apollo, Korolev having being destroyed.

Now given the well know de-valuing of the SGC by the American administration and the IOA shifting support and funds to Atlantis, surely the USAF would want member states of the IOA to pay for 304s and 302s to offset the massive cost of construction and operation???

SO British X304 HMS Trafalgar in Atlantis season 4?

In sg-1 season 9 the Russians were given a 304 in order to get the gate out of there hands.

Since then area 51 has churned out the Apollo. That put the total 304's in current operation at 3 Daedalus, Odyssey and Apollo, Korolev having being destroyed.

Now given the well know de-valuing of the SGC by the American administration and the IOA shifting support and funds to Atlantis, surely the USAF would want member states of the IOA to pay for 304s and 302s to offset the massive cost of construction and operation???

SO British X304 HMS Trafalgar in Atlantis season 4?

Comment

I don't see why not and on behalf of Ireland, I'd like to order a couple of 304s and f-302s to match

Comment

i'd love for that to happen. it's time the brits were seen in a military role in stargate and not just............grodin............who is dead................ i mean come on, we have an elite military among the best in the world (some would say even more highly trained than the U.S.) plus we have quite possibly the strongest diplomatic bonds with the U.S. and we havn't had any sort of military presence in the SGC or Atlantis.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
          I don't see why not and on behalf of Ireland, I'd like to order a couple of 304s and f-302s to match
          I second the motion
          sigpic

Comment

I'd settle for a massive death-ray to be honest.
            Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
              Damn right.

--

Although the SGC itself does have less of a budget, you have to take into consideration where the rest of the money would go to. Less money can mean more to build offworld sites, the IG brigde and even the other 302's and 304's.

The military wouldn't need to really sell them to other nations as money still isn't a concern, and if something bad were to happen, the SGC would inevitably have money thrown at it.

sigpic

Comment

it shouldn't really be case of money though it should be more of a sign of good faith.

Comment

Good faith, ha!

Russians only got the X-302/3 schematics because the DHD was needed to save Teal'c, and they were only given a BC-304 because they were "planning" on teaming up with the chinese to create their own program.

WHen it comes to military hardware like ships, good faith won't cut it.

sigpic

Comment

Since other countries have the plans for the ships, why aren't they building any? Heck, why didn't the Russians at least build a Prometheus class ship during the 3 years that the U.S. had the Prometheus? If every country that knows about the Stargate produced 1 ship a year, Earth would have a fleet in no time.

Vala,

Comment

I really hope that doesn't happen in the series. The United States needs the control of every ship it can get, especially with what's coming.
                      I'm sure the British would do well with it, but they don't have the experience and knowledge that the USAF has gained over the years and they certainly don't have the United State's interests in mind over their own (which, seriously, is selfish, but at the same time, necessary- cause America is the good guy in the Stargate world).

I also heard someone mention Britain's forces being "better trained" than the US's. That's really hard to determine there, and I doubt someone who hasn't seriously observed long term both nations' training of their troops will only be speaking out of their own personal bias (which is understandable- everyone likes to think their men in arms are the best in the world, especially if they don't have the numbers or weapons everyone else has) with slight influence from the media.
                      Anyway, whether or not the individual soldiers of England are better combat units than the American, it is the Americans who have the extensive training programs for the SGC, the ships, and all other Stargate-related or alien-acquired technology. Thus making them more eligible and far more qualified to operate such.

Also, in Star Wars, all the bad guys have British accents, while all the good guys have American. The government seriously takes that into consideration when making such choices.

Comment

British 304? Great idea (Says me the Brit lol)

What could it be called? Going on RN names I would say something like:

Invincible
                        Ark Royal

Going on the new Type 45 destroyer we could have something like Dauntless or Defender

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
                          I really hope that doesn't happen in the series. The United States needs the control of every ship it can get, especially with what's coming.
                          I'm sure the British would do well with it, but they don't have the experience and knowledge that the USAF has gained over the years and they certainly don't have the United State's interests in mind over their own (which, seriously, is selfish, but at the same time, necessary- cause America is the good guy in the Stargate world).

I also heard someone mention Britain's forces being "better trained" than the US's. That's really hard to determine there, and I doubt someone who hasn't seriously observed long term both nations' training of their troops will only be speaking out of their own personal bias (which is understandable- everyone likes to think their men in arms are the best in the world, especially if they don't have the numbers or weapons everyone else has) with slight influence from the media.
                          Anyway, whether or not the individual soldiers of England are better combat units than the American, it is the Americans who have the extensive training programs for the SGC, the ships, and all other Stargate-related or alien-acquired technology. Thus making them more eligible and far more qualified to operate such.
                          But in truth the US should be training countries like Britain how to use the tech because like it or not eventually the whole world will know about the program and all of Earth's major governments will have to do their part in protection of Earth. Plus I doubt it would take long for the British to catch on concerning how to operate the things. The Russians ddn't take that long, I mean they were GIVEN a BC-304, they didn't even build it themselves and they still managed to make it work just fine within the space of like a week.

Also, in Star Wars, all the bad guys have British accents, while all the good guys have American. The government seriously takes that into consideration when making such choices.
                          Obi Wan was a good guy

Plus Amanda Tapping is half British, so we should get a BC-304

Comment

True, but in a direct competition between Britain's premier special forces unit; The SAS, and Americas; Delta Force, the SAS won hands down.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yep...........Brits are great!!!!!!!!! We're a scrappy bunch. and as for the star wars thing..........Course...that's cos we own you!!!!! Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X