PDA

View Full Version : So someone flies, someone dies. I know who.

Esquin
February 27th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Remember way back when Hiro went to the future and saw Isaac dead in his loft. Wouldn't it be logical to assume that this is whats going to happen. Syler is loss again after all so why not?

And thats my theory.

ARMS
February 27th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Is the future determined in Heroes?

Space Monkey52
February 28th, 2007, 05:39 AM
"Someone flys, someone dies" refers to the episode "Unexpected" where you get to see Peter fly, and the person who dies is Simone since she is shot and dies at the end of the episode. I think they are planning on killing off an actual hero before the end of the season.

Pitry
February 28th, 2007, 07:12 AM
However..
I do expect Isaac to die, unless his character will be permenantly connected to HRG's storyline. Now that they killed both Eden and Simone, and turned Peter agaisnt him, he's awfully disconnected from the rest of the plot.
*sigh* as mucha s I don't want to see him working for the Company, I'm starting to hope so. I don't want Isaac to die. :(

IcyNeko
February 28th, 2007, 07:28 AM
HEY GUYS! "Save the cheerleader, Save the world" I KNOW WHO THE CHEERLEADER IS LULZ

Space Monkey52
February 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I just watched the preview again on the NBC site, and the end of it is making me kind of nervous.

Sylar finds Peter again and then throws him against a wall and then they black out and you hear Peter scream. So I read through the spoilers on spoilerfix and I don't think Peter is going to die, but I think something will happen. Apparently the directors have been complaining about Milo's hair making continuity harder, so he's agreed to cut it if they give him a scar (like the one future Hiro mentioned). The main question is that is the scar from. That and, if he has Claire's powers, how can he even get a scar?

IcyNeko
February 28th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Link to preview plz

alaskannut
February 28th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Link to preview plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHUYt9uvSU

I heard a theory over on the NBC board that it's actually Mohinder screaming, which actually makes some sense Seeing as he is firing a gun in the promo, my guess is he figures out that his new friend is Sylar and tries to kill him. I'm betting it ends badly for him. Of course there is the issue that the scream does sound like Peter....but that could result from creative editting;) There is also the issue of peter not screaming when he was impaled on the taxi, so why would he scream now? The head and scalp are not the most sensitive areas of the body, and contrary to popular belief, there are no sensory nerves in the brain, so getting his head cut open shouldn't hurt that much in comparison to the aforementioned taxi incident;).

So my bet, Peteb and Sylar do fight and Peter is scarred somehow, but Mohinder is the one who gets "messed up" and screams

Doze
March 1st, 2007, 10:33 AM

I heard a theory over on the NBC board that it's actually Mohinder screaming, which actually makes some sense Seeing as he is firing a gun in the promo, my guess is he figures out that his new friend is Sylar and tries to kill him. I'm betting it ends badly for him. Of course there is the issue that the scream does sound like Peter....but that could result from creative editting;) There is also the issue of peter not screaming when he was impaled on the taxi, so why would he scream now? The head and scalp are not the most sensitive areas of the body, and contrary to popular belief, there are no sensory nerves in the brain, so getting his head cut open shouldn't hurt that much in comparison to the aforementioned taxi incident;).

So my bet, Peteb and Sylar do fight and Peter is scarred somehow, but Mohinder is the one who gets "messed up" and screamsWell if you ever get your head opened like a tin can, with out pain killers, please let me know so I can ask you if it hurts or not.(I will take your word for it.) But for now I'll stick with it hurts really bad and would make me scream like a little girl. But that's just me... :cool:

Space Monkey52
March 1st, 2007, 11:48 AM

So my bet, Peteb and Sylar do fight and Peter is scarred somehow, but Mohinder is the one who gets "messed up" and screams

Okay, so maybe it could be Mohinder who buys it in the next episode, I would actually prefer if it was Isaac, but how can Peter get a scar if he can use Claire's powers?

alaskannut
March 1st, 2007, 01:13 PM
Okay, so maybe it could be Mohinder who buys it in the next episode, I would actually prefer if it was Isaac, but how can Peter get a scar if he can use Claire's powers?
That's the big question.

Personally, I think he'll get messed up in the showdown and we'll find that there are limits to what can be healed--perhaps the cranium can't be regrown normally after it's been removed or some such thing;)
Or perhaps having the injury done by a telekinetic blade interfere's with healong.....or maybe Sylar has a power that somehow negates it at *very* close range. We won't find out soon enough;)

And trust me....you're not the only one who prefers that Isaac be the one to buy it;)
In one of the previews I've seen on Youtube for 1x18, the bugger tries to shoot Peter again:mad: No word on whether he hit Simone that time;)

Space Monkey52
March 1st, 2007, 02:41 PM
That's the big question.

Personally, I think he'll get messed up in the showdown and we'll find that there are limits to what can be healed--perhaps the cranium can't be regrown normally after it's been removed or some such thing;)
Or perhaps having the injury done by a telekinetic blade interfere's with healong.....or maybe Sylar has a power that somehow negates it at *very* close range. We won't find out soon enough;)

And trust me....you're not the only one who prefers that Isaac be the one to buy it;)
In one of the previews I've seen on Youtube for 1x18, the bugger tries to shoot Peter again:mad: No word on whether he hit Simone that time;)

Healing his skull shouldn't be too much trouble if Claire could survive and explosion like the one in "Company Man".

Doze
March 1st, 2007, 04:38 PM
^^He can only use the power when he thinks about that power/person, right? If he is preoccupied and not thinking about the power then maybe the damage cannot be reversed. Just a thought…

alaskannut
March 1st, 2007, 11:38 PM
^^He can only use the power when he thinks about that power/person, right? If he is preoccupied and not thinking about the power then maybe the damage cannot be reversed. Just a thought…
Or a variation of that...what if total regeneration requires actually thinking about it/the person, but he will automatically heal enough to survive, with no ability to further regenerate that area afterwards?

Doze
March 2nd, 2007, 04:22 AM
Or a variation of that...what if total regeneration requires actually thinking about it/the person, but he will automatically heal enough to survive, with no ability to further regenerate that area afterwards?Right, I would think that he would not have the ability as well as the first person.

alaskannut
March 2nd, 2007, 04:38 AM
Right, I would think that he would not have the ability as well as the first person.
Also, there was Sylar's confidence that he would be able to get Claire's ability--that she wouldn't be able to heal just as quickly as he cut...I'm telling ya the guy's crazy--but he's not stupid....he's got something up his sleeve;)

kiki_is_my_name
March 2nd, 2007, 06:28 AM

Claires regeneration power is a passive ability meaning its always on she dosent have to think about it. When peter absorbed it and fell off the balconey with sylar he was to far from claire to use the power. Peters range of his mimicry is only a few meters. You can tell from the episode when claude and peter were talking in the side walk. When you see claude walk away he's only about 5 meters away. So i think for this power Peter dosent have to think about, its passive just like for claire.

The Ori
March 2nd, 2007, 06:44 AM
Think of how powerful Peter can be!!

alaskannut
March 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Well if you ever get your head opened like a tin can, with out pain killers, please let me know so I can ask you if it hurts or not.(I will take your word for it.) But for now I'll stick with it hurts really bad and would make me scream like a little girl. But that's just me... :cool:
AFAIK, many brain surgeries are done with the patient awake and without painkillers so the patient can provide feedback on how they're doing......

Doze
March 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
AFAIK, many brain surgeries are done with the patient awake and without painkillers so the patient can provide feedback on how they're doing......Right, OK. They do use local anesthesia and anti-anxiety medication during the procedures. Once you are past the cranium you are in the clear, for most patients. So no they don’t knock the patient out but simple painkillers are used.
And I still stand behind having someone split my head open with there mind will make me scream like a little girl.

alaskannut
March 2nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
Right, OK. They do use local anesthesia and anti-anxiety medication during the procedures. Once you are past the cranium you are in the clear, for most patients. So no they don’t knock the patient out but simple painkillers are used.
And I still stand behind having someone split my head open with there mind will make me scream like a little girl.
In that case I stand corrected....And as for the rest....well, two days and counting until we find out:eek:

Col. Newman
March 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
In the preview for this Monday Simone is a live and asks if he want to shoot her again. Doesn't anyone watch the previews?

alaskannut
March 3rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
In the preview for this Monday Simone is a live and asks if he want to shoot her again. Doesn't anyone watch the previews?
If you look behind "Simone" you will see her dead body on the bed:mckay:

Col. Newman
March 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
If you look behind "Simone" you will see her dead body on the bed:mckay:I didn't see that. But then how is she talking and stand etc. if she is dead?

alaskannut
March 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
I didn't see that. But then how is she talking and stand etc. if she is dead?
*cough*shapeshifting hero*cough*;)

Col. Newman
March 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
*cough*shapeshifting hero*cough*;)Is that a joke or are you serious?

alaskannut
March 3rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Is that a joke or are you serious?
Very serious--either that or a Hero able to induce hallucinations. Personally, I'm voting for shapeshifting;)

Doze
March 4th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Very serious--either that or a Hero able to induce hallucinations. Personally, I'm voting for shapeshifting;)Do you know what a Shapeshifter is? This is a hard one. It means you can shift(or change)... your shape(what you look like)...(shapeshifter) to look like someone or something. Not come back from the dead. How in the world could she be a shapeshifter off of what we have seen?

Col. Newman
March 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Do you know what a Shapeshifter is? This is a hard one. It means you can shift(or change)... your shape(what you look like)...(shapeshifter) to look like someone or something. Not come back from the dead. How in the world could she be a shapeshifter off of what we have seen?His very sad theory is that a Shapeshifter appears out of nowhere and chooses to impersonate Simone. Very dumb theory yes I know

alaskannut
March 4th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Do you know what a Shapeshifter is? This is a hard one. It means you can shift(or change)... your shape(what you look like)...(shapeshifter) to look like someone or something. Not come back from the dead. How in the world could she be a shapeshifter off of what we have seen?
The new Hero that was introduced last ep = a shapeshifter. Simone = DEAD.

@newman, no need to get personal here..it's just a theory...take it or leave it--debating is what forums are about afterall.

silence
March 5th, 2007, 04:09 AM
well .. new hero (i think her name is Candice)

1x18 spoilers, description of new hero's powerhas pretty strange power, she isn't shapeshifter, but she can warp reality around her and uses that to take someone's looks, but she also managed to hide Simone's body from the cops (that's why i am saying she isn't shapeshifter - that limited to person's body). effect looks damn cool when she does it. i don't think there is much better explanation of her power then "warping reality" ... you'll see when she changes between Simone and her real looks ..

Pitry
March 5th, 2007, 08:04 AM
well .. new hero (i think her name is Candice)

1x18 spoilers, description of new hero's powerhas pretty strange power, she isn't shapeshifter, but she can warp reality around her and uses that to take someone's looks, but she also managed to hide Simone's body from the cops (that's why i am saying she isn't shapeshifter - that limited to person's body). effect looks damn cool when she does it. i don't think there is much better explanation of her power then "warping reality" ... you'll see when she changes between Simone and her real looks ..

Parasite.
I think it's some sort of hallucination, not necessarily warp reality around her, but rather can ontrol the vision signals - decide what you'd see. If that's true, hopwever, maybe she can mess with brain chemistry as a whole - sound (the cops also thought they heard Simone).... could be quite cool.

More Parasite.
As for someone dies..... It seems like we can write Mohinder off as well now. And the person Isaac painted, was it himself?Yet another death?...

IcyNeko
March 5th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Well...

there's been quite a few talks about Isaac dying for a while now. MOhinder doesnt' really count as a hero, and he's not dead yet, just very bloodied.

Pitry
March 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Well...

there's been quite a few talks about Isaac dying for a while now. MOhinder doesnt' really count as a hero, and he's not dead yet, just very bloodied.

Yeah I know.
Isaac does seem to be the logical next death - his power is redundant not only in Peter but also with Hiro, and he's the least tied-up hero to the plot, and now with Simone dead, he's even less connected to the rest of the characters, I mean, hell, Micha seems more connected to the other characters than Isaac. And the painting seemed much mroe like Isaac than anyone else. Still be a shame, tho.

IcyNeko
March 5th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Well, here's how I see it....

Everyone loves Hiro. And effectively, hiro's role has been reduced to whining about lost power and Charlie, though we've seen that he hasn't necessarily lost his powers, but rather lost the will to summon it.

If there's no move to make him more important in the series rather than a side-show who kinda provides comedic relief, he's going to be written out. Ando/Hiro haven't been part of the Main line for a while....

So by killing off Mister Izaaak and having Hiro in the alternate future, it gives him a chance to save everyone by saving the world.

Pitry
March 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Mmmm...

I disagree about Hiro not being a part of the main plot. He's an off-shot of it, true, but I do think they're headed somewhere and that Hiro's journey is a part of that heading. Much like he bit with his father, that didn't seem relevant at first - but now we know Nakamura-san Sr is somewhere at the top of the Company, therefore it wasn't an offshot, not really.

The problem does seem to me that he's been used as a comic relief. The problem is,t hat it's a Heroes problem - they need to develop a general sense of humour, and develop it fast. Which is a shame because they do show promise (*cough* The fisrt Peter scene in One iant Leap...) , they just refuse to (mostly) let the other hcaracters have some comedy, unless they're a) Hiro or b) interacting with Hiro. With is a problem for the Hiro part of the story, ebcause it turns him into the comic relief.

I do agree with the Isaac thingie, still sniff tho. But yeah, if it has to come off to either Hiro or Isaac, I'd go with Hiro.

silence
March 5th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Well ... we do know there is "future Hiro", so killing him off wouldn't make much sense. I think Hiro is prolly only one really safe ... at least until he starts talking and looking like "future Hiro" ..

IcyNeko
March 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM
That'll be a while. Do you know how long it takes to fight off the broken english accent? ;)

Months if not years.

Col. Newman
March 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM
The new Hero that was introduced last ep = a shapeshifter. Simone = DEAD.What new hero? That is this episode today

silence
March 5th, 2007, 01:35 PM
What new hero? That is this episode today

she was in one of scenes in "Company Man" .. when HRG is at Primatech ...

alaskannut
March 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM
What new hero? That is this episode today
The candystriper tending to Parkman in the lab.