X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 133t Cylon tactic

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02..._boxes_at_sea/

I wonder if this means that rogue states will start hiring hackers to shut down future warships?
    The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

I would guess that there would be a different type of windows used, one that was specially developed to run a warship, and they would have some pretty high grade millitary encryption on it.

Technically they would all have hackers on them (or at least in the employ of their secret services), as im sure their spies would have downloaded a copy of the existing OS to their bosses anyways for the hackers to look at.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
      I would guess that there would be a different type of windows used, one that was specially developed to run a warship, and they would have some pretty high grade millitary encryption on it.

Technically they would all have hackers on them (or at least in the employ of their secret services), as im sure their spies would have downloaded a copy of the existing OS to their bosses anyways for the hackers to look at.
      I doubt it, since they'd have to contract Microsoft to make substantial changes to the OS. I'd expect it to have a lot of security running on top of it. (Ok, not so much expect - more hope)

I doubt that there will be any problems on the subs, as all of their weapons are manually controlled and not connected to the computer (hey, just like Galactica) - it's the new type 45 destroyers I'm worrying about. Their weapons are controlled by computer, they have to be when shooting down high speed missiles.
      The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Working...
      X