Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys! I just thought of something about Beckett! Sunday spoilers, future speculation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys! I just thought of something about Beckett! Sunday spoilers, future speculation

Maybe, as I was reading in another thread, he returns... as an Asuran!

They kept hinting that Beckett was not gone forever, and that "in Sci-fi anything is possible" so... maybe this is it?
    Or Time Travel, Alternate Dimension, or any number of other cliche ways of bringing back lost characters in Sci-fi.

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
    Maybe, as I was reading in another thread, he returns... as an Asuran!

They kept hinting that Beckett was not gone forever, and that "in Sci-fi anything is possible" so... maybe this is it?
    Or Time Travel, Alternate Dimension, or any number of other cliche ways of bringing back lost characters in Sci-fi.
    Though it be great to see Beckett again but they truly need to come up with some thing orginal then coming back as the Asurans cause honestly it been there done that and lets not go there again.
    sigpic

Comment

Repli-Carter anyone?
      Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

SG-1 travels back in time and Kidnaps Ernest Littlefield then re-programs him to think he is Dr Beckett.. Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
          I want to see Dr. Beckett on SGA again as much as the next fan, but the actor was kind of fired. Take a look at Paul McGillion's Starburst interview. So I don't think they plan to bring him back (not as a main character anyway) unless the Save Carson Beckett campaign is paying off and we don't know about it, which would be great. Other than that, I don't think it would be difficult to have Dr. Beckett back because in sci-fi anything is possible.
          sigpic

Comment

Tbh, the "no-one ever dies in sci-fi" line is just something the producers etc say to mollify the fans and to keep the option open to bring Paul back.. and all they have ever mentioned so far about bringing anyone back has been in reference to bringing *Paul* back (e.g. as a different character) and not bringing Carson back.

That's not to say they won't at some point in the future decided to bring Carson back in some way but I think it's a fairly safe bet that as yet they have no plans to do so.
            sigpic

Comment

The PTB have expressed interest in bringing Paul McGillion back, not Carson Beckett. Beckett's dead and buried.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                The PTB have expressed interest in bringing Paul McGillion back, not Carson Beckett. Beckett's dead and buried.
                Maybe he could come back as playing a member of another race in the next season.

Comment

You know what I think would be interesting? Not necessarily bring Beckett back as an Asuran, but as a kinda Asuran-Human hybrid.

If anyone is really interested in Star Trek, and read the William Shatner book The Return, you know the premise of how Kirk is resurrected with Borg nanites. Now, I think this premise could work well when applied to Stargate.

Think of this: After the incident in The Real World, Area 51 realizes the potential of how Asuran nanites could be used inside a human's body. So, at the highest levels of security, so secret that not even the SGC or IOA knows about it, members at Area 51 begin to experiment with using Asuran nanite samples to reconstruct and heal tissue (an idea that is theoretically possible with actual nanites). While the success is limited, eventually they attempt to use the nanites to broadcast the emissions let off by the Telchak device ("Evolution").

The results are astounding, as tissue injected with these nanites appears to regenerate at a high rate. the scientists hypothesize that these nanites could be used to revive the dead. Unfortunately, they have no dead bodies to actually try this on, as it is a top secret project, and experimenting on a dead body is a touchy area. These events occur around the time of Sunday. When Carson's body passes through the gate, it waits in the SGC for 3 days before transfer. In that time, the Area 51 team acquires his body for use in their experiment. For the next few months, they apply the nanites to his tissues, reversing decay and regenerating them.

With the success of repairing his bodily tissue, the scientists try to apply the nanites to his nervous system and brain, boosting the power generated by each nanite to increase the rate of repair. Unfortunately, this boost in power awakens the Asuran programming. Once the nervous system is repaired, the nanites take over Carson's body, and he breaks away from the scientist...

you get the idea. It sounds kinda corny/zombie like, but if worked correctly, i think it woudl be a good way to bring back Carson, at least for an episode.

Comment

Hmmm... I still vote he must come back as a Ascended being who wants to help them & them get descended for not sticking to the rules!

Comment

from what i can see i though beckett was asended right

how can a dead man talk to mckay.

react like beckett himself

he will be back

i'll be back
                      let the traning begin Ronan
                      grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                      like this and please don't let keep happening to you so much Teal'c is right
                      bravo teal'c show Ronan how to kick some ass
                      excalibur be my strengh
                      i swear that is a cartoon col mitchell?

indeed you are my best friend
                      that's cool thor

Comment

It's not happening. He was replaced because they couldn't replace any of the real main cast (Joe, David, Rachel, or Jason), since they were clearly struggling already to build a team dynamic with the character they played, and a rethinking of the show was needed. Looking at what is happening with Carson being replaced by Dr. Keller and Weir getting less screen time it seems as though the intent could be to try and build more team interaction with the four team members. Then again, 14 episodes with Carter is surely going to eat into that screen time, so maybe I'm on the wrong path and they really have gone mad.

The long and short of it is that Beckett will never be seen again other than possibly in an AU episode, which always tend to suck, so hopefully he'll never be seen again.

Originally posted by Thor best friend View Post
                        from what i can see i though beckett was asended right

how can a dead man talk to mckay.

react like beckett himself

he will be back

i'll be back
                        That was in McKay's head, it didn't happen.

Comment

Carson Beckett did not Ascend. Rodney was talking about sending the body back to his family on Earth. You do not leave a body behind if you Ascend.

Comment

Unless he was at that diner for a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly long time.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              Unless he was at that diner for a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly long time.
                              No, even then his body would be gone. Or do you really think that Daniel's body survived the Replicator ship exploding? One your body dies, you're dead. You have to glow out before that.

Comment

Working...
                              X