This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ancients spacecraft

this is my first official post so bear with me. i was wondering if we are ever going to see any other ancient spacecraft. we seen atlantis and the aurora class but what about science vessels or cruisers. its said in echoes that they had science vessles. heres a quote-"an Ancient science vessel known as the Adaris." why havent we seen any science vessels or even a smaller long range reconnacince craft like a cruiser?

Spoilers

Seen them, episode, 5 or six, when they were showing several classes of ancient vessels attacking asuras.

They were most likely the least powerful vessels they had available simply because the asurans could nto fight back even if they wanted to .

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Spoilers

Seen them, episode, 5 or six, when they were showing several classes of ancient vessels attacking asuras.

They were most likely the least powerful vessels they had available simply because the asurans could nto fight back even if they wanted to .

I think not.There were only aurora-class ships(I believe so )
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        I think not.There were only aurora-class ships(I believe so )
        uh huh!

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...rogeny469.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...rogeny473.html
        Visit my Website

Comment

It's likely that the Aurora class were the stronger ships of the Ancient fleet, therefore the only ones likely to survive the conflict with the wraith.

Comment

Well so far we know of:
            Aurora class vessels
            An unknown four engined vessel seen attacking Asuras
            A possible science ship, whether its a different class or just an Aurora or other known ship put on the role as a science ship is unknown
            Cityships
            Puddle Jumpers

Thats about it so far....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

if you look closely at the ships you can see they are all aurora-class but because of the different angles some of them look different at first glance.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                Well so far we know of:
                Aurora class vessels
                An unknown four engined vessel seen attacking Asuras
                A possible science ship, whether its a different class or just an Aurora or other known ship put on the role as a science ship is unknown
                Cityships
                Puddle Jumpers

Thats about it so far....
                You forgot the Transport ship mentioned in 'Before I Sleep'

Comment

No aura class had different engine lay out at the back than the one that flew over wier, you go back and check a again and looked closely, different design.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    No aura class had different engine lay out at the back than the one that flew over wier, you go back and check a again and looked closely, different design.
                    Correct, most if not all of the other ships are Aurora though but the one flying over Wier and Niam is an as of yet unnamed Class, this is clear from the engine layout.

Comment

they all have exactly the same design as the aurora apart from the rear wings. just watched it again and not one of the vessels had the wings on the back like the orion does. so either they are an upgrade or a different class entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
                        they all have exactly the same design as the aurora apart from the rear wings. just watched it again and not one of the vessels had the wings on the back like the orion does. so either they are an upgrade or a different class entirely.
                        actually, there not exactly the same. The unknown vessel, which i have just been calling an Atlantian Battlecruise/Battleship, is shorter then the aurora-class warships, and as others have noted, the different engine design.

I relate a aurora-class ship to a hive (not by size, but by function) and a wraith cruiser/bc-304 to the unknown vessel (again, in function, not size).

Comment

Originally posted by Halzman View Post
                          actually, there not exactly the same. The unknown vessel, which i have just been calling an Atlantian Battlecruise/Battleship, is shorter then the aurora-class warships, and as others have noted, the different engine design.

I relate a aurora-class ship to a hive (not by size, but by function) and a wraith cruiser/bc-304 to the unknown vessel (again, in function, not size).
                          i've watched it again in slow motion and you're right. i can see the two classes now. the unknown cruiser could be about the size of a bc-304 wasn't the orion substantially larger than both? it could hold at least three time the number of people, in inferno remember it was mentioned that the ship could easily fit all the refugees on board rather than squeezing them into 4 separate trips on Daedalus.

Comment

How come none of the ancient warships had plasma weaponry similar to the weapon in trinity. Could be very valuable when no drones are available.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Aurora Class is just over 2 times the length of the Daedalus.

The Daedalus Class is just under 600m.

The Aurora Class is over 1km.
                              The Aurora Class is nearly 1.3km long.

The Ancient life support systems were also far superior to the Daedalus'.

And Ehecatl:
                              Just because it is bright, colorful, and glowy does not mean it is a Plasma weapon.

They are directed energy weapons of an unknown type.

Comment

Working...
                              X