This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can ships vary speed in hyperspace?

Interesting question here but once in hyperspace can a ship vary it's speed?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Yeah, Sam sunk the ship into a hyperspace bubble in Grace, that just barely phased the ship, but allowed it to move at normal speeds out of the cloud.
    I am sure you could probably go in hyperspace BELLOW lightspeed, if you fed the drive just barely enough power.

Comment

hmmmm. yeah i guess. it's just that they never talk about it and in grace she couldn't go into hyperspace exactly.....

Comment

Yeah, but she used the same principle.

Comment

In lost city part 1. Oneill made the Goa'uld Hyperspace engine run a lot faster while they were using it.

Comment

Most definitely.

We've already seen it done with the Replicators. When they went after the O'Neill, they were able to catch up to it very quickly but were also able to slow down to avoid overtaking it or crashing into it.

sigpic

Comment

True enough. thanks guys. i wasn't sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                True enough. thanks guys. i wasn't sure about that.
                they most defintely can and good question by the way.
                ADF
                sigpic
                i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Hyperspace is like merging onto a highway. In another dimension.

Comment

in a word- Yes.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

new order when the thors daniel jackson was chasing the new replicator ships, thor speeded his ship but then there was a bug on board draining its power

any one remeber???
                      sigpic

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but the F-302 used by O'niell to jump under Aubis' ship's shields made a jump that lasted a couple of seconds only to cross a few kilometers at best.
                        This shows that you can go even way slower than the speed of light (in complement to evidence from Grace).
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Well as the power the hyperdrive has affects it's speed (Daedalus being faster with a ZPM) I think it'ssafe to assume that the hyperdrive engine can vary speed in hyperspace. Even if there isn't a system to do this if the power being diverted to the Hyperdrive were to decreased the Hyperdrive should slow down.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

I don't beleive they can just change their speed in hyperspace like warp for example, but I do know they can give more juice into the engines to gain speed whilst being followed by enemy. But they cannot hold the speed for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Saris View Post
                              I don't beleive they can just change their speed in hyperspace like warp for example, but I do know they can give more juice into the engines to gain speed whilst being followed by enemy. But they cannot hold the speed for too long.
                              Why do you think this? There is no evidence to support such a statement.

The more power you feed to the engines, the faster you travel. That's why Daedalus normally takes about 3 weeks to get to Pegasus, but if you plug a ZPM into Daedalus' power grid, you can get there in 4 days.
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X