This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis Tech

Ok I know Anubis has pretty good tech. He had better shields, weapons, kull warriors, mind probe, and all sorts of good stuff. I know that he had Ascended knowledge but I thought Anubis couldn't use that knowledge so how did Anubis get this new tech and also how powerful were his hyperdrives could he have reached Atlantis if he wanted to? I'm just wondering
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

He didn't full desend, he was stuck in a half mortal half asended state which is why he had to wear that cloak, he had no corporeal bady

Comment

Originally posted by Tromboninator View Post
      He didn't full desend, he was stuck in a half mortal half asended state which is why he had to wear that cloak, he had no corporeal bady
      So why did he have some of the tech of the Ancients if they didn't allow him to have it I thought, and what you said didn't really anwser my question
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Chances are the knowledge he gained about ascended beings he gained while he was descended. Chances are he just had a better understanding of acient tech than other gould. He learnt it himself. Once he ascended he knew what he was looking for. He may not have fully understood how to use the stuff but he learnt.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

And as Oma said, as long as what he had was something he could have gotten as a Gou'ald, then he could use it..

Comment

Well basically the rules of the Ascended said that he could do what he would do as a normal Goa'uld and not actively use that technology. So he may have been aware of sites where Ancient technology was present and used it to enhance his stuff which is a more passive way of using what he knew. He could not build it from scratch but he was aware of how to use it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well technically then he could use all the knowledge from the repository of knowledge because he could in theory as a Goa'uld interfaced with the device and downloaded its knowledge much as the Asgard did.

Comment

well his half self was allowed to roam free in the ascended planes, so maybe he was just ease dropping on convo's and learning from them
                sigpic

Comment

IIRC he was too powerful for the ancients to fully descend him. if that were so, there really wouldn't be much they could do to stop him without directly interfering in mortal affairs, would there?

as long as he researched the knowledge he already had, rather than implementin it directly, i can't see why the ancients would have considered interferin. if he just used his power and knowledge to create the kull soldiers without goin through the research programmes, they would have been a bit pissed. but since he didn't, he must have - just about - walked the conforming to the rules side of the line.
                  Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

We may have also been mislead slightly because if they were intending on him causing chaos to punish Oma, which in the way they did it is interfering with mortal affairs, then they may well have left knowledge that he may not have had all been able to obtain simply to increase the chaos he would cause.

Comment

The bulk of his memory of ancient tech was probably attempted to be wiped like with Daniel Jackson. Anubis' Goa'uld may have been able to retain some knowledge b/c Goa'uld can learn and retain more knowledge and that probably how the ancients weren't able to descend him all the way or completely wipe his memory.
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was confirmed that Anubis was half-descended as a punishment for Oma?

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
                          Well technically then he could use all the knowledge from the repository of knowledge because he could in theory as a Goa'uld interfaced with the device and downloaded its knowledge much as the Asgard did.
                          But why then, did none of the other RoK's react to Gou'ald??

Comment

He was not allowed to use his ascended powers but he was allowed to use the knowledge that he gained. Remember he was kept around as punished to that toher ascended woman.

Comment

it mentions this in 'threads'
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X