PDA

View Full Version : Return of "that" Wraith in Season 4

PG15
February 25th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Straight from Joe's blog:

Anonymous #6 writes: “I was watching Common Ground again today. There were several comments that Sheppard and the Wraith made about what would happen if their paths ever cross again and all bets being off. Will we will ever get to see an episode where they run into each other again?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Signs point to yes.

Sweet. :D

Alipeeps
February 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
That. Is incredibly cool news. :D

The Sweet Guy
February 25th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Great! I really hope we learn more about the Wraith culture from him, as he seems to like being open about such things :)

I hope he doesn't say his name either, that's one of the cooler aspects of the Wraith. And I don't think Sheppard should give him a name either, I think he respects him enough not to nickname him something. Unless of course, they turn to enemies..

the old briar pipe
February 25th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Great! I really hope we learn more about the Wraith culture from him, as he seems to like being open about such things :)

I hope he doesn't say his name either, that's one of the cooler aspects of the Wraith. And I don't think Sheppard should give him a name either, I think he respects him enough not to nickname him something. Unless of course, they turn to enemies..

I agree. The name thing was definitely about Shep taking some control over his prisoners, and that wouldn't be appropriate in this situation.

Given what we learned in Vengeance and Teyla's suggestions about the origins of Michael, I would be interested to see the Wraith be given more depth in S4. Ideally I'd like to see them gain the complexity of the Genii, through (probably) without the potential for alliance.

cshawzye
February 25th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Awesome news! I loved Common Ground and the relationship that was established between Shep and that Wraith. Can't wait to see how they unravel things a bit more. And the chance to learn more about Wraith culture and individuals is always an interesting one.

Killdeer
February 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Yay! :) :) I loved Common Ground - it was one of the best SGA episodes ever, IMO.

P-90_177
February 25th, 2007, 09:44 PM
i hope we see him again too. it'll be good to see sheppard having second thoughts and the rest of the team telling him not to be so stupid.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 25th, 2007, 10:15 PM
That is awesome news! I can't wait to see some ramificiations from Common Ground.

Linzi
February 25th, 2007, 10:18 PM
This is excellent news. I'm so excited about season 4 anyway, but this has made me even more thrilled! I hope this story comes to fruition! :)

Anubis-
February 25th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Maybe greatest news for while!

Elinor
February 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Fab news!

'Common Ground' was a story that deserves a follow up.

:)

garhkal
February 26th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Yipie!

female Wraith
February 26th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Great!!!!!!

Rootortoise
February 26th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Yay! :) :) I loved Common Ground - it was one of the best SGA episodes ever, IMO.
my opinion too ;)

Cant wait to see this wraith again!!

roll on season 4!!:)

Gate Geek
February 26th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Sweet sweet news!!! CG is one of those episodes that really needs a good follow up.

I hope the reunion with the wraith will be equally squee worthy as the first meeting in CG. There is so much potential reuniting Shep and wraith. I just hope that potential is utilized properly and the episode doesn't become a big disappointment or letdown like some previous episodes.

prion
February 26th, 2007, 09:13 AM

If they do write a reunion between shep and wraith, please let Carl Binder write the script. I'd rather have Ken C do it but alas, no longer with the show as they had to push the SG1 writers over to SGA so the newbies went out the door (been there!).

ussrelativity
February 26th, 2007, 10:01 AM
That was unexpected. I first thought, that Michael would be the Wraith mentioned, but I was way off!

ColCaldwell
February 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Agreed, other than Sheppard should have been killed.

Listy
February 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I agree. The name thing was definitely about Shep taking some control over his prisoners, and that wouldn't be appropriate in this situation.

Given what we learned in Vengeance and Teyla's suggestions about the origins of Michael, I would be interested to see the Wraith be given more depth in S4. Ideally I'd like to see them gain the complexity of the Genii, through (probably) without the potential for alliance.

Totally agree with you there!! This is such brilliant news, I can't wait for Season 4!!

I loved Common ground definately my fav ep this season.

There is such potential for this to develop will they honour the "all bets are off" and be all out war? or will it be more subtle with a bit of mutual respect and understanding. I can't wait to see it!!

Listy
February 26th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Agreed, other than Sheppard should have been killed.

Well thats really beside the point on this thread. But IMHO if Sheppard had been killed, then we wouldn't have found out that the wraith can give back what they take, and to me that was a big part of the episode and so it wouldn't have had as much impact for me.

caty
February 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Well thats really beside the point on this thread. But IMHO if Sheppard had been killed, then we wouldn't have found out that the wraith can give back what they take, and to me that was a big part of the episode and so it wouldn't have had as much impact for me.

And, we'd be short of the lead character ;)

Anyway, I love the news... CG was a great episode and the Wraith are really starting to get more interesting as time goes on. I hope they won't screw this up and will make a good emotional episode out of this.
No matter if they turn out to leave each other alone or turn on each other...

Listy
February 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
And, we'd be short of the lead character ;)

Anyway, I love the news... CG was a great episode and the Wraith are really starting to get more interesting as time goes on. I hope they won't screw this up and will make a good emotional episode out of this.
No matter if they turn out to leave each other alone or turn on each other...

Yep definately, we would be missing a very strong and integral character and a very talented actor!

Can't wait for Season 4!!

Caldwell's 2IC
February 27th, 2007, 09:32 AM
You know, when I think of "Stargate SG-1", the Goa'uld come to mind as THE bad guys of the series; I tend to forget the Ori...

As for "Stargate Atlantis", the best bad guys ever are the Wraith; to me they are a very important part of the show ( they even are in the opening credits !!! ) and I hope they will be back for season 4... with THAT particular Wraith, if possible.

ussrelativity
February 27th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Who knows what other kinds of Wraith abilities that they have. When I first saw Common Ground, I never saw that coming ever!

maxbo
February 27th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I would love to see that Wraith again, provided he's not in an episode written by whomever thought Irresponsible would be a good follow-up to Common Ground. :S :eek:

ussrelativity
February 27th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I would love to see that Wraith again, provided he's not in an episode written by whomever thought Irresponsible would be a good follow-up to Common Ground. :S :eek:

Definetely. Of all the Wraith there have been so far, this one is much more interesting.

Mister Oragahn
February 27th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Actually, this could be incredibly bad news, considering the failures in character development.

Remember Kolya. Remember Michael.

ussrelativity
February 27th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Actually, this could be incredibly bad news, considering the failures in character development.

Remember Kolya. Remember Michael.

From the sound of things, it seemed that "Irresponsible" was the bad episode for the character of Kolya.

EdenSG
February 27th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Exciting news.

Loved "Common Ground!" The episode definitely cries for a follow-up - especially with the tag line - 'if we meet again, all bets are off.'

I hope this episode does make it to fruition.

Love the hints about season 4. Sounds like a lot of potential for a great and exciting season. I can't wait to find out! But then I haven't even seen the back half of season 3 yet and I am getting more and more impatient!!

Katiekat
February 28th, 2007, 08:53 PM
You know, when I think of "Stargate SG-1", the Goa'uld come to mind as THE bad guys of the series; I tend to forget the Ori...

As for "Stargate Atlantis", the best bad guys ever are the Wraith; to me they are a very important part of the show ( they even are in the opening credits !!! ) and I hope they will be back for season 4... with THAT particular Wraith, if possible.I think he will be back a time or two. I believe he will be the one who will kind of help us see some of the other sides of the wraith we have not seen. I have heard rumors there will be more wraith type episodes in season four.:) :)

Katiekat
February 28th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Definetely. Of all the Wraith there have been so far, this one is much more interesting.Yes, for alot of reasons. I liked alot of the earlier wraith but they were always killed off and we never really got to know any of them. I think now the producers etc. have finally got the idea that everyone would like to see more of the wraith and their background . I would for one. It doesn't always have to be this particular one but just seeing the other side rather than how fast we can kill them off in a episode. :) :)

Katiekat
February 28th, 2007, 09:02 PM

Sweet. :DYes, I have seen that too so fantastic indeed.!!!!:cool:

Katiekat
February 28th, 2007, 09:04 PM
From the sound of things, it seemed that "Irresponsible" was the bad episode for the character of Kolya.I have not seen the end of that episode. I have heard about it though and wish they had not killed him off but understand their reasons. They want to move on to other things and so killing him off kind of closed things up for the genii. I will miss him though. He was a great bad guy.:cool:

the old briar pipe
March 1st, 2007, 10:35 PM
I have not seen the end of that episode. I have heard about it though and wish they had not killed him off but understand their reasons. They want to move on to other things and so killing him off kind of closed things up for the genii. I will miss him though. He was a great bad guy.:cool:

It didn't close things, though. You'll see what I mean when you watch the ep. Patented Stargate "we might want to use this again someday" ending.

I, too, wish Ken C was around to write this ep. His dialogue, his construction, of CG was brilliant. The idea of the follow-up script being handed off to someone else almost physically hurts me.

That said, I agree with you prion that Carl is a good second choice. He can handle the darker, more character-introspective scripts well (we will not speak of that "Ir" thing). But I still think Ken understands the Wraith better than anyone else. If CG weren't obvious by itself, Submersion just seals the deal.

For third choices, I'd go with Damian Kindler or possibly Peter DeLuise, though I know he's more into directing these days. Just please don't let it be a pure transplant from SG-1; those guys need to be broken in before attempting something like this. ;)

PG15
March 1st, 2007, 11:02 PM
Well, not to say Ken wasn't talented (he is), but even he admitted that Brad Wright did a pretty big rewrite to get the characters sounding like they should.

I think we'll be fine.

Commander Ivanova
March 2nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Common Ground stands out as one of my favourite eps, so if they are to revisit that territory (and it was signposted big time) I'll be delighted.

wraithlord
March 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
this is great news cant wait to see him again i just hope he doesn't not die

Atlantis1
March 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Best news I've heard about season 4. CG ties for my favorite SGA episode. I have always loved the Wraith as an enemy. The one on CG gave us some real good development about the race. :sheppard:

Hellfrost
March 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Bummer, I never liked Common Ground that much to me it was just to predictable. I did like the relationship build-up between Sheppard and the Wraith. But if you ask me they should do a Wraith episode about the "Wraith weakness" from Aurora.

firefly827347
March 11th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Sweet. He was cool. I look forward to Shep's reaction :)

garhkal
March 11th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I wonder if SHep would even remember him??

jenks
March 11th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I think he'd be pretty hard to forget...

FE_fanboy
March 12th, 2007, 08:32 AM
IIRC Wraith look pretty much the same.

Listy
March 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I wonder if SHep would even remember him??

I think he probably would, its not like it was some minor thing that happened between them. Fair enough the wraith look quite similar, but they are not idnetical, there must be some element of recognition. Shep spent enough time with him sucking the life out of him and the Wraith had been held captive for a long time, before their escape, so am pretty sure the Wraith would remember Shep.

RepliHawk
March 13th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I think he probably would, its not like it was some minor thing that happened between them. Fair enough the wraith look quite similar, but they are not idnetical, there must be some element of recognition. Shep spent enough time with him sucking the life out of him and the Wraith had been held captive for a long time, before their escape, so am pretty sure the Wraith would remember Shep.

I agree

prion
March 13th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Sweet sweet news!!! CG is one of those episodes that really needs a good follow up.

I hope the reunion with the wraith will be equally squee worthy as the first meeting in CG. There is so much potential reuniting Shep and wraith. I just hope that potential is utilized properly and the episode doesn't become a big disappointment or letdown like some previous episodes.

Yeah, sure don't want a repeat of Kolya in "Irresponsible." what a waste....

WannaBeAWhumper
March 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM
IIRC Wraith look pretty much the same.

Yeah, but they have different facial tattoos. This one had a distinguishing large star around one eye. It reminded me of one of the members of KISS....

Yes, showing my age, I know. So you youngsters don't even ask "Who is KISS?" :lol:

I don't think Sheppard would have any trouble recognizing him.

WB