This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard Story

The Asgard story has been pretty good on SG1 thus far, but I'd definitely like to see some form of an asgard story in Pegasus.

Do you think theres going to be future episodes regarding the asgard?

Possibly even solving or getting them into a better direction in solving their cloning problem?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

the asgard were a race from SG1 not atlantis, i dont beleive we will see them any more than we already have.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i hope so, especially for the story arc they are planning for season 4.

Comment

Hermiod is suspcious to me. I'm convinced he's either been sent to an Earth ship as a punishment or to spy on what they're doing in regards to Atlantis (maybe even a little of both). It was one thing for him to help them in their first inter-galactic trip and maybe even a few after that, but to stick around this long despite how clear it is that he doesn't want to be there is fishy (it's likely Earth requested he stay on, but for the Asgard council to so ignore the protests which likely would be happening is odd). So, I've been waiting for a storyarc to appear that deals with them looking over the shoulders of the Atlantis team. But, that's entirely baseless speculation on my part.

As far as them finding better ways to deal with their cloning problem I think that lies in another galaxy. For both Thor, their surpreme fleet commander, and Heimdall, the scientist working on fixing their genetic problems, to be dealing with a "sensitive matter" in a neighboring galaxy something must be up. I'm doubtful that we will ever see what's going on as it's likely just a plot device to not use Thor in these latest episodes. However, if they ever do explain what's going on there it would probably in the possible third series instead of Atlantis.

Comment

It seems like if they wwere so influential in their own galaxy and in the milky way, they would at least have some presence in Pegasus.
          sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing a few Asgrads placed on Altantis as BACKUP Help with the technology ... Helping us understand some of the things we find ... Would be cool seeing Rodney fighting over whos right and whos wrong once in a while with someone smarter then him ...

Comment

I've never really understood why the Asgard don't care about Atlantis. They seemed to be so interested in Ancient tech on SG-1. Then, Earth finds the Lost City (which may contain the solution to their cloning problem etc.) and nothing. I know some people will say the Asgard are busy rebuilding their civilization after the Replicator crisis, but even so their absence in Atlantis doesn't make sense from storyline viewpoint.
              sigpic

Comment

I think the Asgard will have a bigger role in Stargate : Worlds game, so they won't be in Atlantis. They will be playable races and we will learn lot of their culture and technology (drones!).

Here is the archetype description for SG:W game:
                Asgard – The Asgard are the undisputed masters of technology in the Stargate universe. Similar in appearance to the grey aliens of popular myth, the Asgard are frail physically but rely on drones that hover around them, ready to attack, defend or analyze when called upon. Asgard can also call upon their mighty starships to deliver devastating orbital bombardments when faced with overwhelming odds. The Asgard are jack-of-all-trades characters with a wide skill set limited by the number of drones they can activate at any one time – generally just one. The Asgard can shift from a healer to a tank to a damage dealer by activating a new drone.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=39982&page=7
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

if Heimdall and Thor are dealing with something very sensitive, then it would be great as a lead up for SG3, and i like the idea of a floating Asgard ship with a shipful of a passengers in stasis, that could be recovered, maybe contain a few more "gods"

could be a great spin off arc from Atlantis to SG3
                  The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                    The Asgard story has been pretty good on SG1 thus far, but I'd definitely like to see some form of an asgard story in Pegasus.

Do you think theres going to be future episodes regarding the asgard?

Possibly even solving or getting them into a better direction in solving their cloning problem?
                    nope it cost to much to do the whole asguard thing on SG-1 so iwould asume no asguard besides what we've already seen
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I would love to see an evil asgard odin for instance who hasnt beeen mentioned as an asgard he could be in one of those bodies that havent been cloned contiusly that would be an excellent enemy
                      sigpic

Comment

what would be cool is if the Atlantis team found a Clonning device on some planet . Maybe found it by mistake or found it from the Ancients DATA BASE and wetn to look at what they found ... While looking throw the Data of the Clonning device , they discover that the Ancients that where doing this project where also helping out the Asgards , and they descover an Asgrad in a protective shield , where he has been sleeping for the last few hundred thousand years ( Before the problems with the Asgard Clonning ) ...

The SG-A contact the Asgards , but soon discover that the ONE that is in there is Odin , Once the the Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet .. They contact the SG-C and tell them about Odin , and they try to contact Thor ... The soon find out that Thor himself is in trouble ... He has been sick for the last few years , and is dieing ... A team of Asgards rush to the Anceints Outpost , where they find out that the Ancients where closer to solving there problem then they where . Yet they still dont have the KEY to there problem , and with Thor almost out of it, its up to SAM and RODNEY to find there Key to the Problem ...

Comment

What I'd like: It was the Asgard who created the virus that drove the Ancients out of the Milky Way: that the Asgard were once a divided warring race, much like humans, and brought their own civilisation close to destruction before they embraced a more egalitarian philosophy.
                          Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

i think generally just MORE ASGARD! sorry for that little outburst now something more constructive; maybe we'll get to see more of them in one of the movies if they do indeed end up doing more. would be nice to see what they have managed to achieve in the time since we saw them last. that really would make our couple of bc-304's look like a pitiful achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                              Hermiod is suspcious to me. I'm convinced he's either been sent to an Earth ship as a punishment or to spy on what they're doing in regards to Atlantis (maybe even a little of both). It was one thing for him to help them in their first inter-galactic trip and maybe even a few after that, but to stick around this long despite how clear it is that he doesn't want to be there is fishy (it's likely Earth requested he stay on, but for the Asgard council to so ignore the protests which likely would be happening is odd). So, I've been waiting for a storyarc to appear that deals with them looking over the shoulders of the Atlantis team. But, that's entirely baseless speculation on my part.

As far as them finding better ways to deal with their cloning problem I think that lies in another galaxy. For both Thor, their surpreme fleet commander, and Heimdall, the scientist working on fixing their genetic problems, to be dealing with a "sensitive matter" in a neighboring galaxy something must be up. I'm doubtful that we will ever see what's going on as it's likely just a plot device to not use Thor in these latest episodes. However, if they ever do explain what's going on there it would probably in the possible third series instead of Atlantis.
                              I'm sure Earth is giving the Asgard a ton of Pegasus intel. They are allies. The Asgard are rebuilding, they don't have many ships available for exploration, so why not hitch a ride on a ship that they helped to build, guarded by Earth's best & brightest?
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X