Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the Ancients leave Atlantis twice? (SG timeline spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the Ancients leave Atlantis twice? (SG timeline spoilers)

Sorry, if someone asked it earlier. There were an intresting conversation in 10x03 The Pegasus Project:

- If you really are Morgan le Fay, how do I know your intention
    is to help us? According to legend, you were Merlin's greatest rival.
    - Daniel than spoke to Weir: - Merlin is both Moros and Myrdin...
    - For a time in your history yes, I was his rival, but we're talking about many thousands of years, Dr. Jackson. As you know, things change... When we first abandoned Atlantis all those millennia ago the Earth was so harsh... its people... so primitive by comparison there was no hope of living among them as Lantians or rebuilding our societies, so instead, we spread out to many lands some of us planting a few small seeds of civilization among the first tribes of man others making their way to the Stargate at your southern pole still others choosing live the remainder of our lives in seclusion and meditation. Merlin and I both chose the latter path.
    - And so you ascended.

So what is the correct Ancient timeline?

- The Alterans arrived from the Ori controlled galaxy to Milky Way.
    - Ancients left MW and went to Pegasus million years ago (see Rising). Why? Because of the virus, which began to kill them (see Aiyana)?
    - They created a time loop to change the past (see 4x06 Windows of Oppurtinity)
    - Ancients lived in Pegasus than they returned to MW and created new civilisations. The Wraith began to evolve in Pegasus.
    - Ancients left MW again to Pegasus, but we don't know why yet. Goa'uld? Ori? The other three race of the Great Alliance?
    - They began to fight against the awoken Wraith
    - They created the Asurans (=replicators), but that was a bad idea and they tried to destroy it
    - They fled to Avalon (Earth),
    - They told storied to the Greeks and many other civilisation.
    - One of them created Reese.
    - Janus made the time machine again and he went to the future (see Maybourne planet) and wrote down some events
    - The last Ancients ascended (Morgan + Merlin)
    - Merlin returned to human form to teach Arthur and his knights.
    - The renegate Ancient Oma Desala teached Anubis to ascend, who disappeared for many centuries
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I dont understand why you think that the Ancients left for Pegasus then came back then went back to Pegasus and came back again. They left for Pegasus a few million years ago, then returned to Earth about 10,000 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Sorry, if someone asked it earlier. There were an intresting conversation in 10x03 The Pegasus Project:

- If you really are Morgan le Fay, how do I know your intention
      is to help us? According to legend, you were Merlin's greatest rival.
      - Daniel than spoke to Weir: - Merlin is both Moros and Myrdin...
      - For a time in your history yes, I was his rival, but we're talking about many thousands of years, Dr. Jackson. As you know, things change... When we first abandoned Atlantis all those millennia ago the Earth was so harsh... its people... so primitive by comparison there was no hope of living among them as Lantians or rebuilding our societies, so instead, we spread out to many lands some of us planting a few small seeds of civilization among the first tribes of man others making their way to the Stargate at your southern pole still others choosing live the remainder of our lives in seclusion and meditation. Merlin and I both chose the latter path.
      - And so you ascended.

So what is the correct Ancient timeline?

- The Alterans arrived from the Ori controlled galaxy to Milky Way.
      - Ancients left MW and went to Pegasus million years ago (see Rising). Why? Because of the virus, which began to kill them (see Aiyana)?
      - They created a time loop to change the past (see 4x06 Windows of Oppurtinity)
      - Ancients lived in Pegasus than they returned to MW and created new civilisations. The Wraith began to evolve in Pegasus.
      - Ancients left MW again to Pegasus, but we don't know why yet. Goa'uld? Ori? The other three race of the Great Alliance? - They began to fight against the awoken Wraith
      - They created the Asurans (=replicators), but that was a bad idea and they tried to destroy it
      - They fled to Avalon (Earth),
      - They told storied to the Greeks. One of them [the Ancients] created Reese.
      - The last Ancients ascended (Morgan + Merlin)
      - Merlin returned to human form to teach Arthur and his knights.
      - The renegate Ancient Oma Desala teached Anubis to ascend, who disappeared for many centuries
      Uh, when did it say the Ancients went to Pegasus twice? I thought it was once.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

A millennia means a thousand years, just incase you thought it meant a million

Comment

They showed that Atlantis flew away million years ago? Why? I don't think it was such a long trip with ZPMs. What did they do in Pegasus, which is much smaller than the MW? Did they wait to the Wraith's evolution? And now why did Morgana say the "first time" sentence? I think only Brad Wright know the correct timeline, but I hope they will say something about this in season 4.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

They showed that Atlantis flew away million years ago? Why? I don't think it was such a long trip with ZPMs. What did they do in Pegasus, which is much smaller than the MW? Did they wait to the Wraith's evolution? And now why did Morgana say the "first time" sentence? I think only Brad Wright know the correct timeline, but I hope they will say something about this in season 4.
            Well, the plague occurred millions of years ago. No, it probably didn't take long. And they pro0bably seeded life, built up a small empire, made new things, etc. And the first time thing? Well, I don't know. Maybe she was saying that Earth was harsh at that time. What we do know is that Atlantis was only abandoned once.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

They showed that Atlantis flew away million years ago? Why?
              To escape the plague

I don't think it was such a long trip with ZPMs. What did they do in Pegasus, which is much smaller than the MW?
              Seed planets with life.

Did they wait to the Wraith's evolution? And now why did Morgana say the "first time" sentence?
              She never?

Comment

Working...
              X