This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the ancients

The ancients could come to they're rescue for a good faith payment for preserving they're city for how long they were there.
    The ancients might even have another city because in season 2 of atlantis in the tower, the city was under the ground so the ancients must have more cities because they can't build ancient warships in one city can they.

I don't think they interfere just for Atlantis, people seem to forget that not all ascended beings are Ancients anyway...
    Last edited by jenks; 25 February 2007, 06:11 AM.

Comment

The ancients wouldnt come to the rescue of Atlantis because of their policy of non-interference, and when was it established that the warships were built in Atlantis?

Comment

it wasn't established that the warships were built "IN" atlantis (on on the city for that matter)

But they were all built in pegasus I would assume (as apposed to the MW before they came)

I would guess that they were built in those hangers like in 02x19. Just like prometheus was, and I assume all other 304's are.

Comment

They must have a plan for when they'll help us. Oma appered to Daniel at very strategic moments and afterall we are their children.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
            They must have a plan for when they'll help us. Oma appered to Daniel at very strategic moments and afterall we are their children.
            Remember the diner scene from season 8? They do not care about us. We are beneth them. They would let an entire galaxy be destroyed to teach a fellow ascended being a lesson. They have a lovely way of rationalizing it, so that even though they were responsible for Anubis (Oma may have ascended him, but they let him run around with ascended knowledge and all the while he was unkillable) they could sleep at night. Oma is one of a limited few who cared and she was only able to skirt the rules because to them that is their best form of punishment. However, there was still a limit to what she could do and so if she was still around and if she tried to appear in Atlantis with the goal of helping Earth with technology/defenses/ZPM locations/whatever, they would either have stopped her flat out or they would destroy Atlantis and everyone in it afterwards. Regardless, even she knew the folly in doing something like that - In one episode she showed Daniel what would happen if she gave him the knowledge to properly defend Earth against the Goa'uld.

Comment

Actually it was Shifu that showed Daniel what would happen if he had the Goa'uld knowledge not the Ancient knowledge.

The rest is correct though, there are really 2 reasons for why the ancients will never interfere directly:

A:Not all ascended are Ancient, so even if all Ancients wanted to interfere there would still be others to stop them.
              B:The Ancients don't care about the lower planes anymore, to them it dosnt matter if the entire Milky way galaxy disappeared, same with Pegasus and Atlantis aswell, while some ascended may find it sad they wouldnt care as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Chris View Post
                The ancients could come to they're rescue for a good faith payment for preserving they're city for how long they were there.
                The ancients might even have another city because in season 2 of atlantis in the tower, the city was under the ground so the ancients must have more cities because they can't build ancient warships in one city can they.
                No offense, but your grammar needs some serious work, I can hardly understand what you are saying in the last bit...

Are you somehow suggesting that there might be another Atlantis-style city ship? and those ships can create warships?

Personally I think the ships were built in outposts like the one seen in Inferno.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post

Are you somehow suggesting that there might be another Atlantis-style city ship? and those ships can create warships?
                  That would be so cool
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliHawk View Post
                    That would be so cool
                    But it wouldn't happen as logically Earth would have one of the more powerful fleet of ships in the galaxies Pegasus and Mily way (second to the asurans)... It would really ruin the storylines and suspense created by Earth being on the defense and constantly on the verge of being destroyed from space

Comment

The Accents would not help. Even when Anubis was going to destroy ALL THR GALAXY with the Dakra Super Weapon the Accents didn't do anything. (Except Oma, one rouge Accent.
                      Even when the Ori plague was going to wipe out earth only one Accent helped (Orlin)
                      Again with Merlin, only one. There’s not enough.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

They could have other cities out there, but they were most likely destroyed.

If you watch the hologram woman about the war with the Wraith, she goes on to say that all that was left of the worlds they inhabited was Atlantis. There are some outposts and the such left out there.

Comment

At some point in the future we may get to see the splinter group of ascended beings become more prominent. if that was the case then i actually believe we would see less of them as they truly stop interfering. i think to some degree that the isolation of the ancients from any lasting consequences to themselves or their survival has only made a lot of them more arrogant and maybe even started them down the path that the ori followed when they ascended but without the worshiping.

Comment

They didn't come to help when the Ori were rampaging across the Milky Way, I doubt they'll make any actions on good faith.

At some point in the future we may get to see the splinter group of ascended beings become more prominent.
                            Oma, Orlin, and Morgan have been played a pretty prominent role I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                              They didn't come to help when the Ori were rampaging across the Milky Way, I doubt they'll make any actions on good faith.

Oma, Orlin, and Morgan have been played a pretty prominent role I think.
                              Morgan's actual name was Ganos Lal.

Also, I remember that Janus helped Weir once in "Before I Sleep", and the captain of the Aurora gave Sheppard the destruct code in "Aurora", but other than that, I can't think of anything else.

The Ancients in "The Return" were not appreciative of the expedition at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X