This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test the sheild.

Hey you know how in the latest startrek movie they crashed the enterprise into the other ship at the end.

hook up a few zpms and play chicken you could get rid of alot of hive ships like that. lol better yet hook it up to a jumper and test it.
    That would be sick.
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

What is the purpose of this thread?

Comment

The problem with that is that ZPM's arr are. Then the size of Hives, meaning when it goes up, the blast wave is gonna be big.

Even with a ZPM powering the shield. If the impact is big & powerful enough, it would go right through it. So I wouldn't want to be a few m's from then when it went up.

Doing it to a PJ would make no difference because of the size difference. It's like a fly on an elephant's back. Crash it into a Hive & you would get damage but you'd also lose the PJ in the process.

Better bet would be to get ZPM's, install them on the Tria/Trea. Check if it has energy weapins which it looks like it does. Then make sure they are working & send it out Wraith hunting.

However Asurans are the new big bads. So any ZPM's they get are too precious to waste. Therefore they should be kept in reserve for the defense of Atlantis.

Comment

star trek is the worse programme on tv ever it is a pathetic excuse for a programme, the first time i saw that i noticed the strings holding the ship up and i thought it was crap

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Chris View Post
          star trek is the worse programme on tv ever it is a pathetic excuse for a programme, the first time i saw that i noticed the strings holding the ship up and i thought it was crap
          it's come along way since then...that statement does nothing but show your own ignorance
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by star trek is the worse programme on tv ever it is a pathetic excuse for a programme, the first time i saw that i noticed the strings holding the ship up and i thought it was crap
            Buba uognarf;6371519
            it's come along way since then...that statement does nothing but show your own ignorance
            agreed.

Comment

although we probably know it will never happen, that would be cool to see.

you would be better off making cloaked nukes (again, not gonna happen, it would make it too easy)

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                agreed.
                you agreeing with me or him?
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by bniblett View Post

you would be better off making cloaked nukes (again, not gonna happen, it would make it too easy)
                  cloaked nukes would be expensive and a waste of resources unless we can mass produce cloaking devices and make them small enough for a missile

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                    cloaked nukes would be expensive and a waste of resources unless we can mass produce cloaking devices and make them small enough for a missile
                    absolutely, it would just be an easy way out too, like beaming nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                      Better bet would be to get ZPM's, install them on the Tria/Trea. Check if it has energy weapins which it looks like it does. Then make sure they are working & send it out Wraith hunting.

How do we know it survived the onslaught of the replicaters returning to Atlntis?

I seem to remember that they sent out a craft to meet the Rep's as they headed toward Atlantis, a blip on the monitor, then it went out as they met'm head on. I'm assuming that the blip was the Tria, as when Mckay, went "super", nothing was mentioned about ships, except for the Deadalus.
                      http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by sg1adam View Post
                        How do we know it survived the onslaught of the replicaters returning to Atlntis?

I seem to remember that they sent out a craft to meet the Rep's as they headed toward Atlantis, a blip on the monitor, then it went out as they met'm head on. I'm assuming that the blip was the Tria, as when Mckay, went "super", nothing was mentioned about ships, except for the Deadalus.
                        They sent a jumper to meet the replicator craft in The Return Part 1. The Tria, we can only assume, is still stranded in the void between the galaxies, with no interstellar engine capacity to get it as far as Atlantis. The Ancients beamed off the Tria and were brought to Atlantis by the Daedalus.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg1adam View Post

Easy because Woolsey specifically said about them only sending up one Jumper to fend of the Asuran ship. Then it was gone from radar.

It's most likely still near the mid-way station. The Lanteans were probably sick of the sight of it for all those years & just glad to be back home in Atlantis. So they concentrated their efforts on the city etc.

I was going to say I couldn't imagine them simply ignoring the ship or even putting in a future reference that it was found & destroyed by the Asurans, but actually I could.

Getting that ship to Atlantis, even for defensive purposes should be a priority after the city gets sorted out. So guess it's simply a matter of wait & see if they forward up on it in S4, or if they simply ignore it's presence & pretend it never existed, so never mention it again!

With a bit of luck, around April/May is when spoilers usually leak out. So we may get an answer then.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            im with you he is not supporting what the thread is about..
                            sigpic
                            i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by bniblett View Post

What they need is more advanced fighters, possibly some with limited shields, so they can fight their way past all those darts and fire nukes from a closer point which gives the Wraith less of a chance to take them out. It would still be a challenge for them to get in close enough as even a jumper's shields are not powerful enough to take a lot of damage from darts and so it has to not only try to fly under the radar of the main ship, but it has to be able to dodge the drones as best as it can.

Also, people tend to wonder why they can't destroy a Hive by beaming the nukes outside of the ship and the answer to that is that it's most likely that their jamming technology extends quite a bit around the ship. However, what I wonder is why they can't beam a 302, equipped with a nuke, as close as possible and have it fire. Then beam it back it safety. If you're on one side of a Hive and it's firing at you from that end as well as launching darts only in that direction, then it should be possible to beam 302s on the other side of the Hive and catch it by surprise. If you only beam one over it's likely it would have enough time to stop a nuke, (plus I doubt one alone would destroy the ship from the outside) but multiple 302s firing multiple nukes from different angles and positions should do the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X