This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 7-Not a fan.

I am finding this season to be very tiresome. The really obvious efforts to keep Richard Dean Anderson off screen as much as possible is annoying, along with the Sam/Daniel heavy episodes with Dean Anderson's only appearance is to scream into a computer monitor.

I notice that this season has a new executive producer? Maybe a connection?

Starting in Season 6, RDA's screentime gradually decreased so he can spend more time with his daughter.

Comment

Ah really? I thought season seven was pretty good.

If you don't like seven, I'd recommend you just stop watching now. Eight and nine absolutely suck, and it keeps getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
        If you don't like seven, I'd recommend you just stop watching now. Eight and nine absolutely suck, and it keeps getting worse.
        that's just your opinion as for me

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah RDA was slowy phased out starting in season 7 for the reason said above, to spend more time with him family. I thought season 7 and 8 where cracking expecialy when they wiped out the replicators and Goau'ld, although i didnt like the eppisodes and the end of season 8 when they went back in time and ****ed the time line up!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squeakytoad View Post
            Ah really? I thought season seven was pretty good.

I think 8,9,10 have been some of the best seasons yet
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
              The Ori seem too much like a Goa'uld rehash (i.e. the devout followers, the claim to be Gods) But nonetheless 9/10 have been really enjoyable to watch.

I like the shift in the political fabric of the galaxy, especially the introduction of various thieves/mercs/smugglers/"bounty hunters"

The problem is that the writers didn't know that they were going to get culled by the Wraith, sorry, I mean "the sci-fi channel"

If it was obvious that they would only get a few more seasons, rather than a long term story arc, think a change in direction would have been a good thing. They've won the war, now they have to win the peace. Earth getting caught between rival Jaffa factions, trying to build alliances etc
              The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

See If I was the powers that be I probably would have ended it here with a bang instead of dragging it out like they have. I havent seen Season 8 but I know what happens character wise. I cant see how Dean Anderson replacing General Hammond as commander of the SGC being good. I think the end of Season 7 would have been a good time to end SG1 and start a new spin off series. But it is what it is.

Comment

i have enjoyed all the episodes in every season. i have seen all the episodes (and every season)and there are only 3 left until SG-1 ends. i intend to enjoy them as i have all the others.
                  I will be buying the SG-1 movies and will continue to watch Atlantis
                  Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                  sigpic
                  sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                    Same here. Except I'd add season 7 to 8, 9, and 10.
                    sigpic

Comment

For me Stargate started to really get good at the end of season five, then season six is when it really took off, then you had the great sventh season, which just kept adding on to the motion. Then you had it all culminate in the end of season eight, with Redemption, Threads, and Mobieus. Then had S9 &10 which are even I have to admit a slight detraction from eight, but they are better then one, two three, or four, and they are still a great part of the show.

Comment

I liked season 6 a lot. I like Jonas a lot too, in fact watching season 7 I find im disliking Daniel more and more jist cause he took the spot from Jonas. Again ive said before the writers should have found a way to keep Jonas in there, especially if RDA wanted less screen time. Jonas was just coming into his own there.

Comment

Season 7 kinda sucked alright, as you said the tone of the season was quite different from the previous six. I liked most of the mythology episodes though.

Fallen and Homecoming were alright but they just didn't feel big enough or epic enough for what was taking place.

The Evolution two-parter was very good, even if the Kull Warriors were a pretty stupid idea.

The Heroes and Lost City two-parters were brilliant.

Other then that most of the episodes were forgettable, the only stand-alones that stand-out as worthwhile were Revisions and Lifeboat.
                          'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Well I think the lack of Jack is the main reason here. I dont mind the other 3 characters but theres a reason why Sam Carter is not the leader of the team. They really should have ended it this season with the promise to RDA for one more year and that would be it.

Comment

Actually, I'm surprised by how little RDA is in season 6. I've been rewatching the show from the beginning with my kids, and we're about 3/4s of the way through 6 right now. It seems like in this season, most of the shows are pretty Jack-light (I just watched Smoke and Mirrors and expected it to be a Jack centered episode and was surprised to find he's barely in it) with a couple of very Jack-heavy episodes sprinkled in (Abyss, Paradise Lost).

I like season 7, but I do think season 8 wasn't so great (until the end, which I loved...the last 5 episodes). I'm liking season 10 quite a lot. I still like 3 best, though. It seems like the first 4 seasons have the best balance between the characters without any one of them really being in the spotlight more than the others.

Comment

Working...
                              X