Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What colour should Carters socks be?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=15

Realistically speaking, her socks should be black, as per the norm for military personnel. But then there is the added issue of whether wearing black socks would take away valuable screen time from Teyla, who is already being pushed back storywise.

What I think should be done, as a suitable compromise, would be to have Carter wear stripped socks, preferably black and red. The black would be representing military standards. The colour red is needed because according to quantum time physics, red and black must go together, or else the radial diamtere of the coaxial sphere of the universe would implode upon itself in a spiraling maze of intergrals and momentum.

Discuss.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

why not cartoon socks with Kenny and Cartman on them??? lol
    or Star Wars characters
    http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=15

Realistically speaking, her socks should be black, as per the norm for military personnel. But then there is the added issue of whether wearing black socks would take away valuable screen time from Teyla, who is already being pushed back storywise.

What I think should be done, as a suitable compromise, would be to have Carter wear stripped socks, preferably black and red. The black would be representing military standards. The colour red is needed because according to quantum time physics, red and black must go together, or else the radial diamtere of the coaxial sphere of the universe would implode upon itself in a spiraling maze of intergrals and momentum.

Discuss.

Better yet, why not make sure the boots are covering them at all times, then there would be no need to talk about socks....Ever!

Comment

Hmm. Quite a piercing question.

I'd say that Carter's got a bit of a wild streak in her that's tempered by her military training.

So my answer is that while she's wearing regulation everything else, as far as socks go, she goes "commando."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I SAY It should be bright YELLOW
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Something with Simpsons and fishing...

Comment

I think they should say Gateworld r0x My S0x! on em. Or something to that extent, in contrast to a news article I read by, I believe one of the producers saying the fans have no impact. Let Amanda show us that at least one person cares about the fans.

Just my two cents

Comment

We shouldn't be discussing any of such decisions, let alone have an opinion about them or disagree (unthinkable!). We just have to accept what the GODS throw at us and be happy with it and most importantly, contribute to the ratings no matter what, because, you know, there are NO better shows to watch the day of the week SGA is on anyway. The new and improved SGA rulez everybody!!!

This topic should be locked!
                Last edited by Celcool; 24 February 2007, 12:09 PM.
                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                  We shouldn't be discussing any of such decisions, let alone have an opinion about them or disagree (unthinkable!). We just have to accept what the GODS throw at us and be happy with it and most importantly, contribute to the ratings no matter what, because, you know, there are no better shows to watch the day of the week SGA is on anyway. The new and improved SGA rulez everybody!!!

Wow...who knew this topic would be so controversial.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    We shouldn't be discussing any of such decisions, let alone have an opinion about them or disagree (unthinkable!). We just have to accept what the GODS throw at us and be happy with it and most importantly, contribute to the ratings no matter what, because, you know, there are no better shows to watch the day of the week SGA is on anyway. The new and improved SGA rulez everybody!!!

Or move to safer zones, such as what hair colour will Sam have!

i go with... purple. Yes, you heard me. Purple.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      Wow...who knew this topic would be so controversial.
                      But it is, don't you see? Quoting an exec: "Fans don't have an impact on creative decisions." And according to some posters here we don't even have the right to discuss them.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Alright folks, Celc's right. Lets go home... /sigh

oh wait, whats this...

Well would you look at that, the red phone does still work...

Seriously... We will always impact the show, we watch the damn thing. Remember kiddies, if we dont watch, they dont go on. We are their control We should send them a Demands list, because we all know we can destroy their show! muwhahaha!

...yeh i don't think it will work either, but whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          i go with... purple. Yes, you heard me. Purple.
                          of course purple ....

is there any other color???

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

She should wear Fishnet Stockings w/ Stiletto Heels instead of boots & socks (w/ a mini skirt of course). That way they can please the 14-y/o boy demographic without killing off good, multifaceted characters like Beckett.

I say 14-y/o boys, because its been about that long since I chose my favorite shows based on how hot the actresses are (consciously anyway). Come to think of it, I don't know if I'd be watching CSI: Miami if all the women weren't so attractive, lol.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

This thread is totally irrational!
                              Just because she is wearing Dark Blue socks doesn't mean anything, they're replacing Black socks yes but thats just because of budget constraints... the change in socks will be barely noticeable and will really improve the quality of the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X