Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the City of Atlantis help to Destroy the Ori?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the City of Atlantis help to Destroy the Ori?

Hi to everybody, We here in Stargate Brasil was thinking if the City of Atlantis could help to destroy de Ori legend and put a end in this war?

Why they dont change tecnology and helpness between SG-1 and Atlantis....
    Fabiano Klug
    O'neill say: I don't care.
    Stargate Brasil

No, Atlantis can't destroy the Ori, although their followers are a different matter...

Comment

with little to no power available to defend itself from the wraith and the asurans, atlantis couldn't protect itself from one ori vessel. its not gonna happen unless they get a LOT of ZPMs,which is unlikely.
      Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Fabiano View Post
        Hi to everybody, We here in Stargate Brasil was thinking if the City of Atlantis could help to destroy de Ori legend and put a end in this war?

Why they dont change tecnology and helpness between SG-1 and Atlantis....

If they've not been able to take out the Wraith or make any serious impact on them, then there is zero chance that it could be used to take on the Ori.

Firstly, it only has drones as an offensive weapon. Then it'd need a few zpm's to get it back to the MW. After that, there is only so much that they could fire before their armoury runs dry. After that, they'd be unable to attack them at all.

Hence the Tria/Trea would be a much better option to send in against an Ori ship.

As to the other part incase your meaning of technology wise. They'd need only power & weapons technology to destroy Ori ships. Therefore how to make ZPM's, Drones & Energy Weapons would be all it takes.

However if they managed to find that out, then the Wraith & Asurans wouldn't be so much of a threat any longer. Hence it's simply not going to happen1

Comment

might aswell bring the wraith to the ori try killing to bird with one stone

but in this case the stone will hit the bird and the other bird would just destroy it with its beak
          sigpic

Comment

My question is over that the people of Atlantis will be the best cenary to make this, My guess is if the City be empowered by 3 ZPM's they can be a big oportunity to destroy the Ori forever, or are the Drones not so powerfull?
            Fabiano Klug
            O'neill say: I don't care.
            Stargate Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
              might aswell bring the wraith to the ori try killing to bird with one stone

but in this case the stone will hit the bird and the other bird would just destroy it with its beak
              Tbh, I don't think you would want to give Wraith technology to get to the MW. The MW is a big place & they are bound to come across many, many planets before they reach Earth or any Ori ships. Therefore there would be no need for direct conflict. So if they played their cards right, it might actually play into the hands of the Ori. Have worlds convert to Origin & in turn they will stop these enemies from ever coming back again in future etc. It's far too risky a venture.

A far more prudent approach would be to feed the Wraith bogus information regarding the Asurans. Simply let them know that there is a secret planet with millions of Ancients. They've slowly been building their numbers & technology all these millenia, in order to make sure they finally wipe the Wraith out. They will be curious & send probably a Cruiser ot 2 to check out the claims. The Asurans will launch Drones & destroy the ship. However at least 1 message will be sent back via subspace to confirm the claims. There is an Ancient planet.

The Wraith will unite again, attack the Asurans. This buys the SGA expedition valuable time to complete the PWARW in Area 51. The Wraith will lose, thus finishing them for good & freeing Pegasus from them totally. However in the process they will either destroy parts of the Asuran homeworld & kill lots of Asurans dropping their numbers down etc, etc.

Then a 304 can swoop in, drop out the Sat Disruptor & send a single blast down to encompass the entire planet. In a few secs, they are all gone..Wiped out!

Leaving an entire planet full of Ancient technology fully intact & ready for the SGC to begin using. They could get ships because the Asurans would need to build them to combat the Wraith fleets in orbit & around their planet. Therefore they only need to puts ZPM's in each one & send them back to the MW to take on the Ori ships. Simple but effective, which in the process takes out 2 powerful enemies in Pegasus at the same time. While giving you the tech & ability to destroy Ori ships in the MW.

My question is over that the people of Atlantis will be the best cenary to make this, My guess is if the City be empowered by 3 ZPM's they can be a big oportunity to destroy the Ori forever, or are the Drones not so powerfull?
              Giving Atlantis 3 ZPM's won't allow them to destroy the Ori at all. 1st it'd take probably more than that to even get the city back to the MW. Never mind, to have it's shields take countless uber powerful blasts from Ori ships. After that, it most likely won't have anywhere near enough Drones to take out multiple Ori ships.

Besides, Atlantis or anybody from SGA won't play any part in the Ori storyline at all. It will be wrapped up in the 1st movie ('The Ark of Truth'). Atlantis is it's own show, which is why they didn't help out with the Goa'uld or Replicators. Which is the same as why SG-1 haven't helped out with regards to the Wraith or Asurans.

SG-1 will take out the Ori very shortly, but Atlantis will not have anything to do with it! It will not go back ever to the MW to fight them....Never, never, never in a million years. Atlantis is a sperate show, it's base is in Pegasus. The only time it might ever go back to the MW. Would be in the final ever episode when the show has ended & they return it home!

Comment

I'm a little concerned with the shield coverage to protect the stardrive.

Comment

I say let SG-1 deal with the Ori threat. Atlantis has it's hands full anyways.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's too big a risk with out all the knowledge of the ancient systems and few zpms or drones.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nope the only person who can is Sam lol shes the best i'm sure she will think of some ingenious and puzzling way to destroy them just give her time she can already protect Earth using the ancient phase device if she has to... the ori's days are numbered, sam will soon figure out a way to destroy them.
                      "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                      sigpic

Comment

Wouldnt it make more sense to find alternative power sources and ZPM's using the chair i mean they can find the location of them in the solar system, why cant they use it like a anceint google search engine and find ZPM's its what i would do!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                          It's too big a risk with out all the knowledge of the ancient systems and few zpms or drones.
                          Agreed. A fully repaired city-ship is only as good as the people who operate it.

Comment

1-on-1 w/ 3 ZPMs & fully repaired it would trounce an Ori Battle Cruiser. But in its current state, and against multiple cruisers, well it wouldn't be worth risking the loss of the most advanced city in 3 galaxies.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Oooh interesting thought!
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                              X