This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Speculation (Casting Spoilers)

I think the opening sequence will be quite similar to S3's, except it will include some of the First Strike CGI. The credits will go:

with as Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter
    and as Dr. Rodney McKay

But I'd literally pay US Dollars if (in the season premiere) they would:
    1. cut between the CGI/Action Sequences and clips of Carter for the first 10-seconds
    2. then "Amanda Tapping" over an embossed image of Carter for 4-seconds
    3. followed by another 10-seconds of Carter & CGI/Action Sequences
    4. then 2-seconds of an embossed cast image of Shep, McKay, Ronan & Teyla with "with Joe Flannigan Rachel Luttrel Jason Momoa David Hewlett displayed under their respective images
    5. 2-seconds of a panning clip of Atlantis
    6. closing with a clip of Carter firing a P90

all just to piss off the entire fanbase.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    I think the opening sequence will be quite similar to S3's, except it will include some of the First Strike CGI. The credits will go:

and as Dr. Rodney McKay

1. cut between the CGI/Action Sequences and clips of Carter for the first 10-seconds
    4. then 2-seconds of an embossed cast image of Shep, McKay, Ronan & Teyla with "with Joe Flannigan Rachel Luttrel Jason Momoa David Hewlett displayed under their respective images

Heh, you're an expert at it! been taking lessons from joe mallozzi?

Comment

I think the opening sequence will be quite similar to S3's...
      I hope not. Hopefully it will be more like SG-1's.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

It wouldn't pi** off the entire fan base! lol

But even as a carter fan, it would be c**p! Afterall it is stargate Atlantis, Not stargate Carter!

I'd have to agree with you on the first part, Carter will prebably take PM place in the intro.
        Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 23 February 2007, 06:17 PM.
        sigpic
        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Is it confirmed that Flanigan (Sheppard), Hewlett (McKay), Luttrell (Teyla), and Momoa (Ronin) will all return as regulars?

Will Tapping be in the opening credits? I mean, she's in 14 episodes. When she was in 15 episodes of SG-1 Season 9, she was in the opening credits, so she might as well be in SG:A Season 4's opening credits.

I suspect the billing will go like this...

Joe Flanigan
          Rachel Luttrell
          Jason Momoa
          Amanda Tapping as "Col. Carter"
          David Hewlett as "Dr. McKay"

Comment

Yes, it's pretty much given that everyone but TH will be returning as regular. And I agree with the credit lineup.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

and as Dr. Rodney McKay
              I'm guessing you're right here. I think Amanda will be added either before or after David.

lol

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                Will Tapping be in the opening credits?
                Yep, JM confirmed it on his blog.

I suspect the billing will go like this...

Joe Flanigan
                Rachel Luttrell
                Jason Momoa
                Amanda Tapping as "Col. Carter"
                David Hewlett as "Dr. McKay"
                Agreed!
                sigpic
                By *E*K*R*

Comment

No one freak out, but since Tapping is going to be creditted as a main character, I think it's obvious Carter is replacing Weir as leader of the expedition.

Comment

No one freak out, but since Tapping is going to be creditted as a main character, I think it's obvious Carter is replacing Weir as leader of the expedition.
                    I kind of doubt it because I don't get the impression that Amanda wants to do Atlantis S5, so why would TPTB risk making the role of Expedition Leader a revolving door.

Plus they expect Sam/Amanda to be a major player in the SG-1 movie "franchise," and it would be harder to explain her presence/absence if she was leading Atlantis.

Not to mention the fact that her & Shep are the same rank, and they can't promote her again, because then would have to start taking orders from her in the movies.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I kind of doubt it because I don't get the impression that Amanda wants to do Atlantis S5, so why would TPTB risk making the role of Expedition Leader a revolving door.

Plus they expect Sam/Amanda to be a major player in the SG-1 movie "franchise," and it would be harder to explain her presence/absence if she was leading Atlantis.

Not to mention the fact that her & Shep are the same rank, and they can't promote her again, because then would have to start taking orders from her in the movies.
                      Plus JM has stated that she will be in more of a support role. How true this is remains to be seen but I think they`ll probably reduce the role of expedition leader down to recurring, leaving Torri in that role but having her on alot less episodes as there are alot of eps where she is just wasting screentime.

Then Carter will be supporting the military aspect of Atlantis which I think will come more to the front of S4 than exploration.

And don't forget that just because AT is in 14 episodes, that doesn't mean that TH will only be in 6 - there will no doubt be some crossover.
                      I think the reducing of TH to recurring is more of a money saving action than anything else as they won't have to pay her for any eps she is not in whereas at the moment they are shoehorning (to borrow a phrase from the anti-Carters ) her into episodes that she has no place in just to get their money's worth out of her contract as she gets paid for the full 20 eps whether she is actually in them or not.

Comment

Well Ripple in Space, I'd have to say if your version of the opening credits were the ones we should be expecting, it would make it easier for me to edit AT out of it and replace her with TH. Or replace her with stuff from the S3 credits.

But seeing that's not going to be the case, I'm guessing she will be at the end, similar like DH ... And Amanda Tapping as Lt.Cl. Samantha Carter...which makes it again easier for me to edit her out of the opening credits.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can't believe people even care, I mean, does it really matter?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            I can't believe people even care, I mean, does it really matter?
                            Not to you perhaps, but certainly to those people who have already posted. And probably some others.
                            Every other aspect of S4 is being speculated over wildly, so why not the opening credits?
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                              Not to you perhaps, but certainly to those people who have already posted. And probably some others.
                              Every other aspect of S4 is being speculated over wildly, so why not the opening credits?
                              Because they make no difference to the show at all, shall we have a debate about what colour socks carter wears aswell?

Comment

Working...
                              X