PDA

View Full Version : The Fate of Stargate!

Shivan
September 9th, 2004, 12:19 PM
(SPOILERS below through Season Seven and Eight, including "Fallen," "Heroes, Part 2," "Lost City," "New Order," and more ...)

Everyone here, or most of us, seem to think that season 8 for SG:1 is lacking. Which I will be honest, there are better SG:1 seasons out there. But think back of all the Stargate seasons, all of them share one quality. The good and bad episodes just come and go. You don't know what to expect next. So why is everyone here jumping to conclusions by saying this is the worst season?

I think the replicators thing they have done for this season is amazing, and they can do so much more before the series ends.

And then some of you are stating that the writers are losing their touch, and your excuse is they are doing two shows and it is overload. Which is another assumption.

Sure some of the newer episodes don't compare to older, but isn't Stargate still your favorite TV show? Isn't the worst episode still better than the BEST episodes of other shows you normally watch?

Season 9 hasn't been confirmed, and as of now we can all realistically assume that the chances are below fair. But since nothing official has been announeced that still means we can hope.

Let me go over some negative things being said about Stargate right now-

(+ = things I consider not negatives.)
-Season 8 isn't looking too great overall(though you can't use OVERALL yet.)+
-They aren't traveling to other worlds very much at all.
-Jack is not a part of the SG:1 anymore.
-General Hammond is gone(mostly).+
-Dr. Frasier is dead. +
-There are still tons of holes to fill.
-Stories are lacking what they use to, less SCI-FIish stories such as alternate realities and the cool stuff.
-Daniel Jackson is back.+

The main point here is, the story is still moving along, character development is taking place majorly here. And that makes me feel for the characters all the more.

Do these negatives(Some aren't even negatives at all) mean that the show is failing? We all have to believe in the writers, they have given us great storylines before and they can do so again. Jumping to conclusions and complaining aren't going to make people here feel any better. Season 8 is not complete and we shouldn't be saying negative things. There is still much of the season left as I said.

The Fate of Stargate is yet to be known, even though everything looks bleak we can all rest assured. The writers know what they are doing, and this is one show that the actors are so much more involved than many others shows. Instead of bashing this thread can we all be optimistic here? There is still much hope, because I believe in the producers and writers and actors.

DownFallAngel
September 9th, 2004, 12:59 PM
I think Jack dying off at the end, and sticking with the original SGA story would have been better.

senorf
September 9th, 2004, 01:10 PM
If RDA wants a reduce shooting shcedule make him the proper succsor to hammond walk on parts the odd episode ect and not like season 8 atm and bring back Jonas as the 4th member of sg1 then it could give a better mix of episodes.

Lord Zedd
September 9th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Shivan you are right.I haven't seen season 8 yet.I'll have to wait untill it comes out on DVD.I took a look at season 8.It sounds OK.You are right 100%
The writers know what they are doing.Stargate SG-1 is the best serie there is.I haven't seen Stargate Atlantis yet waiting to appear on DVD.People think positive.Season 9 that will be great.I hope it comes !!!!!!! Everybody here hopes it comes or and those who don't well you are at the wrong site.
VIVA STARGATE SG-1 that's what I say
I have read some people's meaning about S 8 but I'll judge when I've seen it
I hope Jack stays alive.Hopefully he'll get Carter so that they are happy.Can a ritired General merry a Colonel?

Greets from Anubis

Lord Zedd
September 9th, 2004, 01:15 PM
If RDA wants a reduce shooting shcedule make him the proper succsor to hammond walk on parts the odd episode ect and not like season 8 atm and bring back Jonas as the 4th member of sg1 then it could give a better mix of episodes.
yes let's bring Jonas back !!!

DownFallAngel
September 9th, 2004, 01:24 PM
It would be great to have Jonas back, but you don't understand that he is the one nuetral party member governing his planet.

There are 3 reps from each continent, and then Jonas.

Lord Zedd
September 9th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I know I know but he can give his C4(means his resign) and say goodbye :D

Major Fischer
September 9th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Given the continued high ratings of SG1, I would be incredibly leary of assuming that even if "most" of the people on this forum (and I would content even that opinion) felt that the season was lacking, that it would follow that was the opinion of the fanbase.

Forum posters are not the fanbase. Forum posters aren't even representative of the fanbase.

TheHomegaMan
September 9th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Given the continued high ratings of SG1, I would be incredibly leary of assuming that even if "most" of the people on this forum (and I would content even that opinion) felt that the season was lacking, that it would follow that was the opinion of the fanbase.

Forum posters are not the fanbase. Forum posters aren't even representative of the fanbase.

Continued high ratings? Each episode thus far has seen ratings level with, or lower than, the previous episode. I don't think that's something to be proud of.

Ugly Pig
September 9th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Continued high ratings? Each episode thus far has seen ratings level with, or lower than, the previous episode. I don't think that's something to be proud of.
It's still high ratings. That is something to be proud of.

Major Fischer
September 9th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Television show ratings always go down from the season premier, and than go back up for the season final. I trust what the people more knowledgable about the nature of what ratings mean.

Shivan
September 9th, 2004, 02:48 PM
There are more factors here that we are not even considering. For one the Olympics could be affecting the ratings and other factors as well. Maybe they aren't advertising correctly or not advertising enough.

But as Ugly Pig said, they are still high ratings. And as Major Fischer said, they are expected to go down.

It is the highest rated show on SCI-FI I think other than that Raptor movie. Though it was a MOVIE and not a continuing series.

Back on topic- I think that the people involved with making Stargate will not let it end bad. The show has lasted as long as it has because of us fans. Remember that. We've almost lost the show before, lets keep our fingers crossed.

And I would love to see Jonas as the 4th member of the team, but I am really disappointed that a lot of you people do not like that Daniel is back. As everyone has said this is Sci-Fi. People DIE and come back ALL the time. It is expected.