This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could they assend??

Just for SnGs, could the Asurans assend?

We don't know.

Comment

Unknown. Its never been known for a machine to ascend. So it would be unprecedented... though Niam believed that as long as their aggressive programming was still present then they would never be able to ascend.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It's spelled ASCEND.

Use the new firefox (www.mozilla.org). It'lll spell check for you.

Comment

^^^^Why does everyone feel necessary to correct other peoples spelling? ^^^^

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Because a forum is designed to help people communicate ideas, and if you don't respect your fellow forumgoer by spelling correctly, you defeat the entire purpose of a forum because no one UNDERSTANDS YOU.

So stop whining and use that time to get a spell checker.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Just for SnGs, could the Asurans assend?
              I don't think so. A human being has three parts: body, mind, and spirit/soul. An Asuran has body and mind, but does he have a spirit/soul? I assume that's the key component in ascending.

Comment

That's the real moral question, though. How can we say that they don't have a soul? How can we say that they do?

Niam seemed to be able to not follow the collective and try and help Weir, but was reset by the collective.

But then again, humans can haev that happen to. We call it brainwashing.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                  That's the real moral question, though. How can we say that they don't have a soul? How can we say that they do?
                  I believe in God and that he created the entire galaxy including all life within. Therefore, a biological entity would be a creation of God. A machine would be a creation of man or a fellow machine. That's why I don't think machines have souls. I do believe a machine can be sentient and thus alive, but the tragedy is that it would die with it's body.

Niam seemed to be able to not follow the collective and try and help Weir, but was reset by the collective.
                  When Niam got reset, it was equal (to me) to being killed and replaced with an alternate personality.

I disagree. Brainwashing is where the mind is conditioned to believe something it would not normally believe. In Niam's case, he was deleted and replaced with Evil Niam.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post

Very true, how can we know they dont Heck, how do we know for a fact we DO?

Comment

seriously people... it's spelt Arse-end.

got it now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        [COLOR="Blue"]Therefore, a biological entity would be a creation of God. [COLOR]
                        to be fair to the asurans, they contain a biological component as well as mechanical, unlike the milkyway humanform replicators, which were nothing but nanites. so honestly, they fall under the biological entity requirement that you uphold.

Comment

Well seeing how they explain that Ascention is nothing more then releasing the energy from the body an letting go , I dont see why they couldnt Ascend ...

The QUESTION is will they Ascend ... Seeing that the Ancients ascended couse they learned to control there anger and learned how to release there Energy ...

Comment

I reckon they could. After what mckay said in 'the tao of rodney' I reckon it's possible.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by dzineguy84 View Post
                              to be fair to the asurans, they contain a biological component as well as mechanical, unlike the milkyway humanform replicators, which were nothing but nanites. so honestly, they fall under the biological entity requirement that you uphold.
                              I don't care if they are full cyborgs. My point is they were made by man or fellow machine, not God. We are, of coarse, discussing my point of view. It's not so much an issue of weather they are alive or have biological components. It's an issue of weather or not they have a spirit/soul which I feel is critical to ascension.

Comment

Working...
                              X