PDA

View Full Version : First Details on Heroes Season One DVD Emerge!

silence
February 22nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.fangasm.com/01television/heroes/first-details-on-heroes-season-one-dvd-emerge.php

Jack Coleman, the actor who plays H.R.G on Heroes recently had this to say about the forthcoming Heroes Season One DVD.

Yes. There is all the sort of [electronic press kit] stuff that we’ve been doing behind the scenes, and it’ll be fascinating to see when the DVD set is put together for the first season or however they’re going to do it. There has been plenty of stuff and interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff, and also probably some scenes that didn’t make it and just sort of an exploration of the first season. That will be fascinating to see.

I don't know about you, but I am totally siked to see ANY deleted scenes, behind the scenes stuff, interviews, you name it! HEROES is just one of those shows that is made for this sort of thing. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the Universal is brave and launches this in BluRay or HD-DVD as well! For more of the chat with Jack Coleman, which includes some juicy info on the February 26th episode visit Wizard Universe.

deleted scenes and behind the scene ... yes please :)

Doze
February 23rd, 2007, 05:08 AM
Nice Find!!! :cool:
But still no time frame for when it will come out... :(

the fifth man
February 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I hope that is true about the DVD release. I would so love as many extras as possible. I love deleted scenes and behind the scenes stuff.

Ozzy O'NeiLL
February 25th, 2007, 10:24 AM
*sike*

That're some very very sweet prospects... How we all love our beloved series to be accompanied with loads of sublime extra's...

Keep us posted :)

TheWarrior
May 6th, 2007, 01:43 AM
TVShowsonDVD have posted a release date which has been released by Universal.

28th August 2007

View more at TVShowsonDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7257)

the fifth man
May 7th, 2007, 06:51 PM
TVShowsonDVD have posted a release date which has been released by Universal.

28th August 2007

View more at TVShowsonDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7257)

I guess that isn't too bad of a wait. I just can't wait to get my hands on Season 1.:D

QueenKale
May 8th, 2007, 06:37 PM
All I ask for is a complete cast commentary. I know they have them on the official website, but I can never watch them, the connection is too slow or something....

entity22
May 9th, 2007, 12:33 PM
oh yeah,the cast commentaries are so funny and fun to watch,I saw little bits from some.I can't watch them on nbc's site either because since I am not from the US the site hates me.
I can't wait for the DVD's to appear!!!

Buddhawasanancient
May 9th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I heard it'd going to include the unaired 72 minute Pilot which was from what I understand, parts of the first few episodes combined in one with some cast changes as well. Can't wait!

Trek_Girl42
May 9th, 2007, 01:38 PM
oh yeah,the cast commentaries are so funny and fun to watch,I saw little bits from some.I can't watch them on nbc's site either because since I am not from the US the site hates me.
I can't wait for the DVD's to appear!!!
I hate that we can't get those cast commentaries as well. Especially considering that the show airs for us at the exact same time. :(

But I don't know whether I'll get Heroes on DVD at the moment- it's not the kind of show that I want to re-watch right away. In a year or two I'll probably want it though.

memnarch
May 9th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I wonder if they'll find a way to incorporate the video of the cast commentaries as well, kind of a picture in picture type thing. Another thing that might be fun is a look at the artwork by Tim Sale. He does all the great paintings by Isaac and I find him fascinating, since he's colorblind and he does all this great color artwork...

HirogenGater
May 15th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I will have to re-watch this series, glad to hear that the DVD release is coming.

TheWarrior
May 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM
TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted official confirmation to their previous report that Season One of Heroes will be hitting DVD on August 28, 2007.

The report also includes a first look at the DVD artwork, to view the artwork and to read the site's full article, click here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7322).

Doze
May 16th, 2007, 04:53 AM
TVShowsOnDVD.com has posted official confirmation to their previous report that Season One of Heroes will be hitting DVD on August 28, 2007.

The report also includes a first look at the DVD artwork, to view the artwork and to read the site's full article, click here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7322).Thanks for the info!!

60 Bucks! WOW! This better have alot of extras.

sofie
May 16th, 2007, 05:48 AM
woohoo can't wait, that's the release date for the US, no??
I guess we in europe will have to wait a little longer, but Heroes is worth it!!

Trek_Girl42
May 16th, 2007, 09:12 AM
The cover art looks fantastic.....but that price.....that is ridiculous.

memnarch
May 16th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I know! It is pretty steep...that's how much the CSI dvds cost and that's pretty much the reason I haven't bought those yet...although I do love Heroes a lot...

Doze
May 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Let’s hope Wal-Mart knocks $10 or $12 off of that price when the time comes.

memnarch
May 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Mmm, yeah, but then you'd be buying something from Wal-Mart...(Did you know that their executives have Nazi Lampshades???? I have zero respect for that company)

Costco would probably be a safer bet.

Doze
May 16th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Mmm, yeah, but then you'd be buying something from Wal-Mart...(Did you know that their executives have Nazi Lampshades???? I have zero respect for that company)

Costco would probably be a safer bet.LOL!! Those are bicker lampshades. LOL! Thanks I needed a good laugh!
When your in top... everyone wants to take a shot at you. Don't buy in to the hate.

the fifth man
May 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Not the best price, I must say. But I'm hoping Amazon.com will knock a little off that.

memnarch
May 16th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I just looked and Amazon has it available for preorder at $41, which is a pretty good deal.

the fifth man
May 16th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I just looked and Amazon has it available for preorder at $41, which is a pretty good deal.

Really? I'm going to have to check that out. Thanks for that.:)

Trek_Girl42
May 17th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Here is a list of DVD extras- note that it is not "official official":

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7340

Space Monkey52
May 21st, 2007, 07:14 AM
The commentaries are gonna be the ones that were on the NBC.com/Heroes website, right?

Buddhawasanancient
May 21st, 2007, 09:06 AM
The commentaries are gonna be the ones that were on the NBC.com/Heroes website, right?

Yes but only the HD-DVD will include the split screen of the show and the cast commentary however the regular DVD will include the audio of those commentaries...If that makes any sense...

Doze
May 21st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Here is a list of DVD extras- note that it is not "official official":

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7340
I am hoping for the comic books to be added.

monkey_man132
May 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM
Can't wait for the DVD, I admit..I missed one or two episodes along the way. ..and failed to watch them during the Sci Fi marathon. Heroes rocks!

Cap116
May 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Definately a must have for the DVD collection.

the fifth man
May 21st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Definately a must have for the DVD collection.

No doubt about that. I have to pre-order it from Amazon.com very soon.

LauraT
May 22nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
I quite like the artwork and the special features sound good. I like special features lol.

memnarch
May 22nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
Yes but only the HD-DVD will include the split screen of the show and the cast commentary however the regular DVD will include the audio of those commentaries...If that makes any sense...

What??? That sucks! It was so cool to watch the cast and crew make the commentaries while they made them...

Dang HD dvds....

TheWarrior
June 11th, 2007, 09:46 AM
The UK will be getting Heroes in two parts but also as a complete boxset.

Heroes Series 1 Part I is out 01/10/2007 with Part II out on the 31/12/2007 with the complete boxset due for release on 31/12/07

CaldwellForce
June 17th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Not the best price, I must say. But I'm hoping Amazon.com will knock a little off that.

I hope so too, looking forward to getting this series

TheWarrior
July 12th, 2007, 10:41 PM
The first set of menu screenshots from the Heroes Chapter One DVD release have been published online at TVShowsOnDVD.com.

View them here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7653)

Easter Lily
July 16th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I quite like the artwork and the special features sound good. I like special features lol.

That's the only reason why I'd bother getting the DVDs.

Easter Lily
July 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
The first set of menu screenshots from the Heroes Chapter One DVD release have been published online at TVShowsOnDVD.com.

View them here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7653)

Yowsers! It's got all the fabulous artwork...
Wonder if we'll get all that cool stuff with the R4 DVDs.