This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting S4: Rumors, Gossips, Tidbits

Found a juicy tidbit, unconfirmed rumors, or intriguing gossip about the filming of S4? Post here!

ETA: Needless to say, potential spoilers for anything and everything to do with S4!

------

To begin.

David Hewlett just posted this:
    We've been given the first three shooting episodes for Season four! The first is actually going to air something like eighth, which is weird.
    Last edited by Night Spring; 28 February 2007, 01:11 AM.
    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Uh yup, I can (through Joe Mallozzi) confirm that!

Spoiler:

Doppleganger, directed by Rob Cooper is shooting first so he can move onto Ark of Truth afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Uh yup, I can (through Joe Mallozzi) confirm that!

Spoiler:

Doppleganger, directed by Rob Cooper is shooting first so he can move onto Ark of Truth afterwards.
      Maybe Doppelganger has loads of sfx? Or maybe actor availability is limited to that time? Interesting though. Oops, didn't read your spoiler!
      sigpic

Comment

David Nykl in his blog Letters From Pegasus:
        Shooting of season four begins March 1st - one week from today - back at the good ol' Bridge Studios. I dropped in yesterday to pick up the first three scripts - "Doppleganger", "Lifeline", and "Adrift" and to get fitted for THE SAME OLD BLUE SHIRT I ALWAYS WEAR. Yup. It's still there.

It was nice to see everyone again - there's a few new faces and changes in the crew. I stopped in to say hi to Joe Malozzi, Martin Wood, Carl Binder and Martin Gero; John Smith and the Office crew. Everyone was busy-like as they always are. Nice. I like. High five.

Flipping through the pages, there's some pretty interesting stuff coming up, Zelenka-wise. Particularly the ________ with the _________ and the look on her face after I _______. Very cool.

(You hate it when I do that don't you?) Doppleganger is first up, and it's a big one for the good Doktor. We shoot it first although it'll be the third episode in on season 4. I look forward to working with Mr Cooper.
        Last edited by Yeade; 01 September 2007, 10:25 AM.
        The fact is I think I am a verb instead of a personal pronoun. A verb is anything that signifies to be, to do, or to suffer. I signify all three.

Comment

Ah, I see Zelenky is still getting the good stuff.

So much for those "oh, all the secondary characters are going down the drain" complaints I've been hearing about...although I could be rushing.

Comment

good for him, he deserves it
            sigpic

Comment

So much for those "oh, all the secondary characters are going down the drain" complaints I've been hearing about...although I could be rushing.
              You're rushing - there's still a year and a half or so til the seaosns finishes airing!
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

From JM's blog we can say:
                Some interesting revelations regarding both the Wraith and the Asurans to come. No Asgard stories being planned.
                Amanda Tapping will be in the opening credits for season 4
                I’ve just finished reading an excellent revelatory Teyla script written by Carl Binder. Teyla fans are in for a treat with this one.
                Brad will probably be too busy to write an episode of Atlantis this season but has come up with a terrific story that should figure into the mid-season two-parter.
                Anonymous #1 writes: “Is there any chance that there'll be another Earth-based scenario simliar to what we saw with Return Part 1?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Signs point to yes.
                Anonymous #3 writes: “Have there been any scripts in the air involving Ford?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Not as of yet.
                Anonymous #1 writes: “Wow, a huge crossover would be so cool. So, does this mean it's a possibility or not?”

Answer: Oh, it’s possible.
                Mirjam writes: “Regarding season 4 of SGA, will we get more of Sheppard's backstory?”

Answer: This is something we want to do and are trying to come up with a story that will focus on Sheppard’s life prior to his joining the Atlantis expedition. A number of ideas floating around but nothing has really gelled yet.
                Anonymous #3 writes: “So have we found any storylines for Ronan this season? Has he got one episode maybe so that Jason can show off them acting skills like he did in Sateda?”

Answer: Yup, just finished one.
                Arctic Goddess writes: "Do you suppose Ba'al could make a guest appearance on Atlantis some time in Season 4, or 5?"

Answer: He'd be much more likely to make an appearance in one of the SG-1 movies.
                Anonymous #1 writes: "By the way what does the magic eight ball say about Ford making an appearance in Season Four?"

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.
                Anonymous #3 writes: "Hi Joe just wanted to ask if there was any plans on Andee Frizzell returning in season 4?"

Magic 8 Ball says: Cannot predict now.
                Anonymous #2: “Is there a chance that we'll see that lovable rogue Lucius in season 4?”

Answer: You mean the episode titled “Irrepressible”? Probably not.
                Shawna writes: “Will we ever see Jonas again?”

Answer: In Atlantis - highly unlikely.
                Anonymous #5 writes: “Joe, any plans for Brad Wright to script an episode of Atlantis during season 4? Also, are there any plans for Ken Cuperus to write a season 4 episode?”

Answer: At present, it seems unlikely that either will write a script for season 4.
                Craig writes: “I'm just wondering if you guys were planning on introducing a reasonably powerful/organized Pegasus Galaxy based ally?”

Answer: Funny you should ask. We’ll be introducing a new “big picture” player in season four. As to whether they’re friend or foe - well, that remains to be seen.
                Miho writes: “…Does that mean less Wraith stories than in season 3? And are they actually still a serious threat?”

Answer: Our relationship with the wraith will take an interesting/alarming/unexpected turn. And, yes, they’ll continue to prove themselves a very serious threat.
                Majorsal writes: "...is there going to be a 'sam ep' in season 4?"

Answer: All of our characters will get a spotlight episode in the front half of season four.
                Another Anonymous writes: “Have any stories that involved series attempts at suicide for any of the characters ever come up?”

Answer: Sure. Check out a SG-1 season 4’s “The Light”.
                Trini writes: “…many SGA fans fear that the enormous growth Rodney has shown
                over the seasons will be nullified; they fear that, since Rodney is rather
                smitten with Sam, he would have eyes only for her and care only about her,
                instead of about Sheppard and his team. Are there any reassurances you could offer
                us? Will the friendship between the members of Sheppard's team still be
                developed once Carter has joined Atlantis?”

Answer: Carter’s entering the mix will certainly make for some fun
                interactions between the two, but the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy
                relationship. As for the friendship between Sheppard’s team - we already have
                some stories in the works.
                Anonymous writes: “ Is there any chance of Jack O'neill visiting Atlantis
                again in season four?”

Answer: There’s a chance, sure.
                UberSG-1Fan also writes: “Will we get to see much or any of Jeannie Miller,
                Colonel Caldwell and Radek Zelenka?”

Probably, hopefully, and for sure.
                Anonymous #3 writes: “Since you had dinner with Carl, I was hoping you could tell us which writers will be writing for season 4 of Atlantis.”

Answer: Sure. Rob Cooper, Martin Gero, Carl Binder, Alan McCullough, Paul Mullie, and yours truly.
                Stillhere also writes: “Any possiblility that Daniel Jackson will make a guest appearance in Atlantis season 4.”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Cannot predict now.”
                Schweinsty writes: “…just popped in to ask if we'll be seeing more of Lorne next season?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Outlook good.”
                Anonymous #4 writes: “So when you say "the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship" does that mean that we'll be seeing Katie Brown again in the future?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Signs points to yes.”.
                Anonymous #5 writes: “Should Sheppard be with Teyla or with Weir?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply hazy, try again.”
                Anonymous writes: “Joe, what does your magic 8-ball say about Chris Judge's chances of guest starring on Atlantis in season four?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook good.
                Suz writes: “So if no-one ever dies in Sci Fi, what are the chances of us seeing Carson Beckett in s4, cos I'm really gonna miss him and it's been said that there may be a way to bring him back!”

Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply hazy, try again. With a yes/no question”.
                Marla also writes: “Will our SG:A heroes still get to utilize the sets of SG-1 thanks to the Midway Station? Will we still get to see old friends like Dr. Lee, Siler, and Walter from time to time?”

Answer: The SG-1 sets will be available to us for a while. Whether we’ll be using them or not remains to be seen. As for the trio you mentioned, at least one of them will be putting in an appearance.
                Anonymous writes: “Can we please have some sort of hint of how much we're going to be seeing Elizabeth?! *gives puppy dog pout* Pwease?!”

Answer: Can’t say too much about what we have in store specifically for season 4. However, I can reveal that the Weir character will be a significan player in a major arc.
                Funny comments:
                Another Anonymous writes: “Are you planing to make a Stargate movie in the future that includes the real live actual furlings ? Or maybe in Atlantis or the new series ? (…) Do you ever plan to tell us what does the 9th chevron is for?”

Answer: We probably won’t be using any actual live furlings in future productions as they notoriously unpredictable and dangerous to work with. I don’t know about the SG-1 movies but, at present we have no plans to explore the furlings or that ninth chevron.
                As for a possible crossover - the Atlantis team joins forces with the Doctor to battle a wraith-cyber men alliance.
                That last two I added because they were funny

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeade View Post
                  "Doppleganger is first up, and it's a big one for the good Doktor. We shoot it first although it'll be the third episode in on season 4. I look forward to working with Mr Cooper."
                  Interesting, I guess "Reunion" is pushed back then and there will be more episodes where they are cut off from Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    You're rushing - there's still a year and a half or so til the seaosns finishes airing!
                    Season 4 should finish filming around October, and lord knows when we'll see the finished product the way Skiffy is treating it. Ah, let's hope that Canadian network buys it again.

Comment

Amanda Tapping is in the opening credits. I would think that the opening credits would feature

Carter
                      John
                      Rodney
                      Teyla
                      Ronon
                      Keller
                      Last edited by Starxgate; 23 February 2007, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Carter/AT first in the credits will make it easier for me to edit her out of them.

Don't think Keller/JS will be in the opening since she's only a recurring character. And she doesn't (yet) have Beckett/Paul's status.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            And Weir.
                            Instead of Jewel...though I highly doubt she'll make it to the credits. (of course I could be completely wrong)
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Jewel Staite wont be in the credits as Kellar will only appear in eight episodes.

My guess is it will be like this.

Joe Flannigan
                              Rachel Luttrell
                              Jason Mamoa

with Amanda Tapping

and David Hewlitt as Dr. Mckay

If Torri is still in the credits, which I doubt if Weir is to be a recurring character, then she'll probably stay as 2nd billing.
                              'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X