PDA

View Full Version : Shooting S4: Rumors, Gossips, Tidbits

Night Spring
February 21st, 2007, 08:53 PM
Found a juicy tidbit, unconfirmed rumors, or intriguing gossip about the filming of S4? Post here!

ETA: Needless to say, potential spoilers for anything and everything to do with S4!

------

To begin.

David Hewlett just posted this (http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=80&Itemid=35):

We've been given the first three shooting episodes for Season four! The first is actually going to air something like eighth, which is weird.

PG15
February 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Uh yup, I can (through Joe Mallozzi) confirm that!

Doppleganger, directed by Rob Cooper is shooting first so he can move onto Ark of Truth afterwards.

Linzi
February 22nd, 2007, 06:17 AM
Uh yup, I can (through Joe Mallozzi) confirm that!

Doppleganger, directed by Rob Cooper is shooting first so he can move onto Ark of Truth afterwards.
Maybe Doppelganger has loads of sfx? Or maybe actor availability is limited to that time? Interesting though. Oops, didn't read your spoiler! :lol:

Yeade
February 22nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
David Nykl in his blog Letters From Pegasus (http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/2007/02/on-your-mark-get-set.html):
Shooting of season four begins March 1st - one week from today - back at the good ol' Bridge Studios. I dropped in yesterday to pick up the first three scripts - "Doppleganger", "Lifeline", and "Adrift" and to get fitted for THE SAME OLD BLUE SHIRT I ALWAYS WEAR. Yup. It's still there.

It was nice to see everyone again - there's a few new faces and changes in the crew. I stopped in to say hi to Joe Malozzi, Martin Wood, Carl Binder and Martin Gero; John Smith and the Office crew. Everyone was busy-like as they always are. Nice. I like. High five.

Flipping through the pages, there's some pretty interesting stuff coming up, Zelenka-wise. Particularly the ________ with the _________ and the look on her face after I _______. Very cool.

(You hate it when I do that don't you?) Doppleganger is first up, and it's a big one for the good Doktor. We shoot it first although it'll be the third episode in on season 4. I look forward to working with Mr Cooper.

PG15
February 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Ah, I see Zelenky is still getting the good stuff.

So much for those "oh, all the secondary characters are going down the drain" complaints I've been hearing about...although I could be rushing. ;)

RepliHawk
February 22nd, 2007, 06:13 PM

good for him, he deserves it

Pitry
February 22nd, 2007, 11:23 PM

So much for those "oh, all the secondary characters are going down the drain" complaints I've been hearing about...although I could be rushing. ;)

You're rushing - there's still a year and a half or so til the seaosns finishes airing! :)

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 23rd, 2007, 04:43 AM
From JM's blog we can say:

Some interesting revelations regarding both the Wraith and the Asurans to come. No Asgard stories being planned.

Amanda Tapping will be in the opening credits for season 4

I’ve just finished reading an excellent revelatory Teyla script written by Carl Binder. Teyla fans are in for a treat with this one.

Brad will probably be too busy to write an episode of Atlantis this season but has come up with a terrific story that should figure into the mid-season two-parter.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Is there any chance that there'll be another Earth-based scenario simliar to what we saw with Return Part 1?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Signs point to yes.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Have there been any scripts in the air involving Ford?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Not as of yet.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Wow, a huge crossover would be so cool. So, does this mean it's a possibility or not?”

Answer: Oh, it’s possible.

Mirjam writes: “Regarding season 4 of SGA, will we get more of Sheppard's backstory?”

Answer: This is something we want to do and are trying to come up with a story that will focus on Sheppard’s life prior to his joining the Atlantis expedition. A number of ideas floating around but nothing has really gelled yet.

Anonymous #3 writes: “So have we found any storylines for Ronan this season? Has he got one episode maybe so that Jason can show off them acting skills like he did in Sateda?”

Answer: Yup, just finished one.

Arctic Goddess writes: "Do you suppose Ba'al could make a guest appearance on Atlantis some time in Season 4, or 5?"

Answer: He'd be much more likely to make an appearance in one of the SG-1 movies.

Anonymous #1 writes: "By the way what does the magic eight ball say about Ford making an appearance in Season Four?"

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

Anonymous #3 writes: "Hi Joe just wanted to ask if there was any plans on Andee Frizzell returning in season 4?"

Magic 8 Ball says: Cannot predict now.

Anonymous #2: “Is there a chance that we'll see that lovable rogue Lucius in season 4?”

Answer: You mean the episode titled “Irrepressible”? Probably not.

Shawna writes: “Will we ever see Jonas again?”

Answer: In Atlantis - highly unlikely.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Joe, any plans for Brad Wright to script an episode of Atlantis during season 4? Also, are there any plans for Ken Cuperus to write a season 4 episode?”

Answer: At present, it seems unlikely that either will write a script for season 4.

Craig writes: “I'm just wondering if you guys were planning on introducing a reasonably powerful/organized Pegasus Galaxy based ally?”

Answer: Funny you should ask. We’ll be introducing a new “big picture” player in season four. As to whether they’re friend or foe - well, that remains to be seen.

Miho writes: “…Does that mean less Wraith stories than in season 3? And are they actually still a serious threat?”

Answer: Our relationship with the wraith will take an interesting/alarming/unexpected turn. And, yes, they’ll continue to prove themselves a very serious threat.

Majorsal writes: "...is there going to be a 'sam ep' in season 4?"

Answer: All of our characters will get a spotlight episode in the front half of season four.

Another Anonymous writes: “Have any stories that involved series attempts at suicide for any of the characters ever come up?”

Answer: Sure. Check out a SG-1 season 4’s “The Light”.

Trini writes: “…many SGA fans fear that the enormous growth Rodney has shown
over the seasons will be nullified; they fear that, since Rodney is rather
smitten with Sam, he would have eyes only for her and care only about her,
instead of about Sheppard and his team. Are there any reassurances you could offer
us? Will the friendship between the members of Sheppard's team still be
developed once Carter has joined Atlantis?”

Answer: Carter’s entering the mix will certainly make for some fun
interactions between the two, but the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy
relationship. As for the friendship between Sheppard’s team - we already have
some stories in the works.

Anonymous writes: “ Is there any chance of Jack O'neill visiting Atlantis
again in season four?”

Answer: There’s a chance, sure.

UberSG-1Fan also writes: “Will we get to see much or any of Jeannie Miller,
Colonel Caldwell and Radek Zelenka?”

Probably, hopefully, and for sure.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Since you had dinner with Carl, I was hoping you could tell us which writers will be writing for season 4 of Atlantis.”

Answer: Sure. Rob Cooper, Martin Gero, Carl Binder, Alan McCullough, Paul Mullie, and yours truly.

Stillhere also writes: “Any possiblility that Daniel Jackson will make a guest appearance in Atlantis season 4.”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Cannot predict now.”

Schweinsty writes: “…just popped in to ask if we'll be seeing more of Lorne next season?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Outlook good.”

Anonymous #4 writes: “So when you say "the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship" does that mean that we'll be seeing Katie Brown again in the future?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Signs points to yes.”.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Should Sheppard be with Teyla or with Weir?”

The Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply hazy, try again.”

Anonymous writes: “Joe, what does your magic 8-ball say about Chris Judge's chances of guest starring on Atlantis in season four?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook good.

Suz writes: “So if no-one ever dies in Sci Fi, what are the chances of us seeing Carson Beckett in s4, cos I'm really gonna miss him and it's been said that there may be a way to bring him back!”

Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply hazy, try again. With a yes/no question”.

Marla also writes: “Will our SG:A heroes still get to utilize the sets of SG-1 thanks to the Midway Station? Will we still get to see old friends like Dr. Lee, Siler, and Walter from time to time?”

Answer: The SG-1 sets will be available to us for a while. Whether we’ll be using them or not remains to be seen. As for the trio you mentioned, at least one of them will be putting in an appearance.

Anonymous writes: “Can we please have some sort of hint of how much we're going to be seeing Elizabeth?! *gives puppy dog pout* Pwease?!”

Answer: Can’t say too much about what we have in store specifically for season 4. However, I can reveal that the Weir character will be a significan player in a major arc.

Funny comments:

Another Anonymous writes: “Are you planing to make a Stargate movie in the future that includes the real live actual furlings ? Or maybe in Atlantis or the new series ? (…) Do you ever plan to tell us what does the 9th chevron is for?”

Answer: We probably won’t be using any actual live furlings in future productions as they notoriously unpredictable and dangerous to work with. I don’t know about the SG-1 movies but, at present we have no plans to explore the furlings or that ninth chevron.

As for a possible crossover - the Atlantis team joins forces with the Doctor to battle a wraith-cyber men alliance.

That last two I added because they were funny :D

Sigrada
February 23rd, 2007, 05:21 AM
"Doppleganger is first up, and it's a big one for the good Doktor. We shoot it first although it'll be the third episode in on season 4. I look forward to working with Mr Cooper."Interesting, I guess "Reunion" is pushed back then and there will be more episodes where they are cut off from Earth.

prion
February 23rd, 2007, 05:26 AM
You're rushing - there's still a year and a half or so til the seaosns finishes airing! :)

Season 4 should finish filming around October, and lord knows when we'll see the finished product the way Skiffy is treating it. Ah, let's hope that Canadian network buys it again.

Starxgate
February 23rd, 2007, 06:17 AM
Amanda Tapping is in the opening credits. I would think that the opening credits would feature

Carter
John
Rodney
Teyla
Ronon
Keller

Falcon Horus
February 23rd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Carter/AT first in the credits will make it easier for me to edit her out of them.

Don't think Keller/JS will be in the opening since she's only a recurring character. And she doesn't (yet) have Beckett/Paul's status.

jenks
February 23rd, 2007, 06:34 AM
And Weir.

Falcon Horus
February 23rd, 2007, 06:57 AM
And Weir.

Instead of Jewel...though I highly doubt she'll make it to the credits. (of course I could be completely wrong)

BJX
February 23rd, 2007, 07:04 AM
Jewel Staite wont be in the credits as Kellar will only appear in eight episodes.

My guess is it will be like this.

Joe Flannigan
Rachel Luttrell
Jason Mamoa

with Amanda Tapping

and David Hewlitt as Dr. Mckay

If Torri is still in the credits, which I doubt if Weir is to be a recurring character, then she'll probably stay as 2nd billing.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 23rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
Amanda Tapping is in the opening credits. I would think that the opening credits would feature

Carter
John
Teyla
Ronon
Rodney

Actually, it would be
John
Teyla
Ronon
Carter
Mckay or

John
Teyla
Ronon
Mckay
Carter

because, although Carter doesn't have lead role, she will be an important character.

prion
February 23rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Actually, it would be
John
Teyla
Ronon
Carter
Mckay or

John
Teyla
Ronon
Mckay
Carter

because, although Carter doesn't have lead role, she will be an important character.

Carter should be at the bottom, or let McKay have the bottom, as that would stand out more, but top, no way...

ToasterOnFire
February 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
Agreed, there's no way that Tapping will be at the top of the main cast credits. She'll likely be between Momoa and Hewlett with some special designation.

Strait will most likely not be in the opening credits.

Linzi
February 23rd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Jewel Staite wont be in the credits as Kellar will only appear in eight episodes.

Joe Flannigan
Rachel Luttrell
Jason Mamoa

with Amanda Tapping

If Torri is still in the credits, which I doubt if Weir is to be a recurring character, then she'll probably stay as 2nd billing.
I think this is most likely.
No way would the leading man lose the number one spot as that will have been negotiated in his original contract. SO JF number 1. I also think it's unlikely DH will give up the last spot either, as that will have been negotiated too, and from what I've read on a site about the order of the credits, that's the second most important place to be. So, I think we'll get something like:
Joe Flanigan
Rachel Luttrel
Jason Momoa
With Amanda Tapping as Col. Carter
AND
David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay.
Something like that?

Uber
February 23rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
David Nykl in his blog Letters From Pegasus (http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/2007/02/on-your-mark-get-set.html):NICE!

I love Zelenka and I'm glad he's getting some screen time.

:)

Night Spring
February 23rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Everyone please note:
Please keep this thread to information directly related to the shooting of S4, so as not to replicate discussion in other threads. Thanks!

saberhagen83
February 23rd, 2007, 11:48 AM

Joe Flannigan
Rachel Luttrell
Jason Mamoa

with Amanda Tapping

I think you are right about that. AT will most likely just take Paul's place in the credits. It will be Joe as the first one, and David will be the "and" as he is just as important of a character as Sheppard. I suppose another way to take it would be to place AT as 2nd (as Torri likely won't be in credits), but I strongly think she will be between Jason and David.

Uber
February 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
Agreed, there's no way that Tapping will be at the top of the main cast credits. She'll likely be between Momoa and Hewlett with some special designation.

Strait will most likely not be in the opening credits.I seriously doubt she'd be put at the fore of the credits. I think you're probably right with your suggestion here. She'll either be "With Amanda Tapping as..." or "And Amanda Tapping as..." either before or after David.

Truth is, although I'm happy to hear she'll be listed in the credits, I don't care where she is in the credits...as long as her picture is pretty. ;)

Ltcolshepjumper
February 23rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
I seriously doubt she'd be put at the fore of the credits. I think you're probably right with your suggestion here. She'll either be "With Amanda Tapping as..." or "And Amanda Tapping as..." either before or after David.

Truth is, although I'm happy to hear she'll be listed in the credits, I don't care where she is in the credits...as long as her picture is pretty. ;)

And hopefully the main credits don't suck like s. 2 and 3's sucked. And they better fix Jason Momoa's picture. looked horrible.

PG15
February 23rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
I've asked Joe about Amanda's placement in the credits. Hopefully we'll get an answer a few hours from now.

Night Spring
February 23rd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Enough. Order of the cast in the main credits is not information directly related to the filming of S4. Please take it to another thread. Thank you.

Agent_Dark
February 23rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
The most prestigious spots in the credits are the first two and the last one. Amanda will get one of those three spots.

Poor Torri will be lucky to get a guest star credit the way things are looking right now.

Quick question: can you tell me who's gonna win the next World Cup? I want to put down a bet now while the odds will be really high :cameron:

Skydiver
February 23rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Guys, how about we keep this to the rumors and tidbits - ie stuff culled from blogs and interviews.

Let's leave the credit speculation to another thread, along with expressions of dissatisfaction of said credits.

prion
February 23rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
The fact that they've confirmed that Amanda will be in the opening credits proves that we've been lied to about her being recurring. No recurring character gets into the opening credits.

She's doing 14 episodes. Paul McGillion had 15 episodes in season 2. That's regular, not recurring. I think they used the word recurring so that people wouldn't get even more upset about it than they are.

The most prestigious spots in the credits are the first two and the last one. Amanda will get one of those three spots.

Poor Torri will be lucky to get a guest star credit the way things are looking right now.

The recent press release threw any speculation about recurirng out the window. AT is joining the cast. If you're recurring, you're recurring. You're not joining the cast then. AT will be in the main credits along with Joe F, et al. Torri, on teh other hand, is now recurring, and will no doubt NOT be in those credits.

Look at this way.

Amanda's a full time employee.
Torri's now a temp.

JM's blog confirmed the credits while Skiffy's press release confirmed her being a regular.

Oreo
February 23rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
You know what, I think I will send a leter to Sci-fi Channel to go back to the 10 second beginnings just so people here stop complaining about the lame credits!

Night Spring
February 27th, 2007, 10:14 PM
David just posted an update (http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=35). Includes spoilers for not only S4 but the web series Sanctuary. Also stuff on ADB, Starcrossed, Jason's new gf... ;)

Steve_the_Wraith
February 28th, 2007, 12:54 AM
David just posted an update (http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=35). Includes spoilers for not only S4 but the web series Sanctuary. Also stuff on ADB, Starcrossed, Jason's new gf... ;)

Nothing really spoilery - except the metion of new wardrobe - this could be as simple as leather jackets like Sheppard wore a couple of times last year or it could mean that Atlantis is under new management and the uniforms of the crew have been changed (doubt that though, David Nykl aka Zeleneka said he'd be wearing the same old shirt in his blog)

Night Spring
February 28th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Nothing really spoilery - except the metion of new wardrobe - this could be as simple as leather jackets like Sheppard wore a couple of times last year or it could mean that Atlantis is under new management and the uniforms of the crew have been changed (doubt that though, David Nykl aka Zeleneka said he'd be wearing the same old shirt in his blog)
Yeah, well some people are spoilerphobic to the point of not wanting to know *anything* beforehand, including stuff like new wadrobe. Although if you are that spoilerphobic you shouldn't really be reading this thread, or coming into this subforum, even. Hm, maybe I'll go edit the first post to add a spoiler warning, just in case?

Anyway, I totally laughed when I saw David Nykl's comments about having the same old blue shirt -- yup, he's been wearing that shirt since S1, and in the meanwhile, I dunno how many different uniforms we've seen on Rodney! Considering that John's mostly stuck to black shirt and dark BDU's I'm pretty sure Rodney wins the contest for most costume changes hands down. :D

I couldn't tell how much of the Sanctuary stuff was meant seriously and how much was in jest, but it does seem that DH will have scenes together with Kavan Smith, which I'm sure would rock -- they were really great in Runner, and in all their scenes together since then.

Platschu
March 3rd, 2007, 01:28 PM
I have read 2-3 months ago an intresting rumour on the German SG-P website. There will be a new Atlantis attraction in the German Movie Park. They made special scenes with the actors just as a "bonus episode". Maybe the story of this show will be as a double episodes too in season 4, because the producers and the actors liked it.
http://www.parkscout.de/artikel/neuheiten2007immovieparkgermany/freizeitparks_nrw

I hope someone can translate this into English, because I didn't understand everything.:o

Eine weitere Umgestaltung erfährt auch der linke Teil des Filmparks. Während zur Zeit gerade die Achterbahn "Cop Car Chase" abgerissen wird, laufen die Vorbereitungen für einen neuen Themenbereich, der dort entstehen soll, auf Hochtouren. Wie dieser nun genau aussehen wird, will Stickel natürlich noch nicht verraten: Allerdings ist klar, daß die komplette Nordfassade des bisherigen Marienhofs den Bauarbeiten zum Opfer fällt. Fest steht auch, daß die bereits angekündigte neue Attraktion "Stargate Atlantis", übrigens eine Weltpremiere, Bestandteil dieses Bereichs sein wird. Interessant ist in diesem Zusammenhang übrigens, daß bei dem neuen Simulator tatsächlich eine 3D-Projektion in einer Kuppel zum Einsatz kommt – Brillen mit einer speziellen Spiralpolarisation machen es möglich.

Die Sitze, welche mit speziellen Effekten ausgestattet sind, befinden sich bei "Stargate Atlantis" auf einer Plattform, die innerhalb der Kuppel rotiert und sich bis zu einem gewissen Winkel neigen kann. Als Eröffnungsdatum für diese Neuheit gibt Stickel den 1. Juni 2007 an, allerdings wird es wohl bereits im Mai ein Soft-Opening geben. Der Film, der extra für diesen Simulator in den Originalstudios mit den Originaldarstellern gedreht wurde, fand bei Produzent MGM sogar soviel Anklang, daß darauf basierend eine Doppelfolge der Serie gedreht wird und einige der Schauspieler zur großen Eröffnung wohl auch nach Bottrop kommen werden. Da für "Stargate Atlantis" die Streckenführung der Studio-Tour geändert werden muß, wird deren Eingangsbereich wohl auch vom Hollywood Street Set in den neuen Themenbereich ganz in der Nähe des Filmmuseums gelegt.

parisindy
March 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
I have read 2-3 months ago an intresting rumour on the German SG-P website. There will be a new Atlantis attraction in the German Movie Park. They made special scenes with the actors just as a "bonus episode". Maybe the story of this show will be as a double episodes too in season 4, because the producers and the actors liked it.
http://www.parkscout.de/artikel/neuheiten2007immovieparkgermany/freizeitparks_nrw

I hope someone can translate this into English, because I didn't understand everything.:o

Eine weitere Umgestaltung erfährt auch der linke Teil des Filmparks. Während zur Zeit gerade die Achterbahn "Cop Car Chase" abgerissen wird, laufen die Vorbereitungen für einen neuen Themenbereich, der dort entstehen soll, auf Hochtouren. Wie dieser nun genau aussehen wird, will Stickel natürlich noch nicht verraten: Allerdings ist klar, daß die komplette Nordfassade des bisherigen Marienhofs den Bauarbeiten zum Opfer fällt. Fest steht auch, daß die bereits angekündigte neue Attraktion "Stargate Atlantis", übrigens eine Weltpremiere, Bestandteil dieses Bereichs sein wird. Interessant ist in diesem Zusammenhang übrigens, daß bei dem neuen Simulator tatsächlich eine 3D-Projektion in einer Kuppel zum Einsatz kommt – Brillen mit einer speziellen Spiralpolarisation machen es möglich.

Die Sitze, welche mit speziellen Effekten ausgestattet sind, befinden sich bei "Stargate Atlantis" auf einer Plattform, die innerhalb der Kuppel rotiert und sich bis zu einem gewissen Winkel neigen kann. Als Eröffnungsdatum für diese Neuheit gibt Stickel den 1. Juni 2007 an, allerdings wird es wohl bereits im Mai ein Soft-Opening geben. Der Film, der extra für diesen Simulator in den Originalstudios mit den Originaldarstellern gedreht wurde, fand bei Produzent MGM sogar soviel Anklang, daß darauf basierend eine Doppelfolge der Serie gedreht wird und einige der Schauspieler zur großen Eröffnung wohl auch nach Bottrop kommen werden. Da für "Stargate Atlantis" die Streckenführung der Studio-Tour geändert werden muß, wird deren Eingangsbereich wohl auch vom Hollywood Street Set in den neuen Themenbereich ganz in der Nähe des Filmmuseums gelegt.

um this is what i got as a translation... hehe not sure if the translator works all that well but oh well hehe

A further transformation experiences also the left part of the film park. While at present the straight roller coaster "copilot Car Chase" is torn off, the preparations for a new range of topics, which is to develop there, run on full speed. How this will look exact now, Stickel does not want to betray naturally yet: However it is clear that the complete north front of the past Marienhofs the construction work falls to the victim. It stands firmly also that the new attraction "star gate Atlantis" already announced will by the way be, a world premiere, a component of this range. Interesting by the way it is in this connection that with the new simulator a 3D-Projektion is actually used in a dome - eyeglasses with a special spiral polarization make it possible. The seats, which are equipped with special effects, are with "star gate Atlantis" on a platform, which can lean within the dome rotated and up to a certain angle. When opening date for this novelty indicates Stickel 1 June 2007, however it will probably already give in May a soft Opening. The film, which was turned specially for this simulator in the Originalstudios with the original actors, met with approval with producer MGM even as much the fact that based on it a double sequence of the series is turned and some the actor to the large opening to Bottrop will probably come. Since for "star gate Atlantis" the routing of the Studio route must be changed, their input area is probably put completely by the Hollywood Street set into the new range of topics in the proximity of the film museum.

love this site... http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Platschu
March 3rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks I knew that site, but I thought it will make mistranslation. :o

parisindy
March 3rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks I knew that site, but I thought it will make mistranslation. :o

it probably did hehe

caty
March 3rd, 2007, 02:38 PM

I'll translate the sequence you have highlighted, that is the only one involving any spoilers...

The movie that has been shot just for this simulator with the original cast in the original studios met with so much approval from MGM that a double episode based on this movie will be shot for the series. Some of the actors will probably come to the opening in Bottrop...

The last part has me especially excited :D

Although they have postponed the opening to next year...

ussrelativity
March 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
I still can't believe we have to wait so long now for the new season. I guess I know now how others outside the US have felt.

Night Spring
March 4th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Update (http://lettersfrompegasus.blogspot.com/2007/03/honduras.html) on David Nykl's blog regarding the shooting of Doppleganger.

Platschu
March 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the link. ;)

If David Nykl write about "Honduras", is there any chance that the new powerful aliens will be the giants aliens from "chrystal skull"? Daniel and Jack went to Honduras in "Evolution" because of Daniel's grandfather (Nicholas Ballard), where they found a legendary long forgotten city. :o I think that aliens can't be in season 4, because their gosthly bodies are too expensive. :(

sparkygate
March 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM
OOOOOOO now i cant wait till season 4 coming, so many possibility/ outcomes!!!! I CANT WAIT, even though i live in Australia and we usually dont show Season 3 until next year, i*mod snip*

No ford in season 4 more about wraith and Asurans/ New powerful race, very different from season2 and 3!!!!

Platschu
March 4th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Don't ask such things, because you accepted the forum rules! ;)

kiwigater
March 4th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Sorry guys, no talk about where to dl :)

shrap
March 4th, 2007, 04:53 PM
This site has some info that is updated on a regular basis. Obviously has spoilers.

http://www.tv.com/stargate-atlantis/show/11415/episode_listings.html?season=4&tag=season_dropdown;dropdown;3

prion
March 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
This site has some info that is updated on a regular basis. Obviously has spoilers.

http://www.tv.com/stargate-atlantis/show/11415/episode_listings.html?season=4&tag=season_dropdown;dropdown;3

Nothing more spoilerwise than what has been dropped on these boards and others. I also don't see how an episode that hasn't even been filmed can be rated yet!

shrap
March 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Nothing more spoilerwise than what has been dropped on these boards and others. I also don't see how an episode that hasn't even been filmed can be rated yet!

Not sure how the ratings are worked out when the show hasn't even been filmed yet, scripts must be really good. Not much info yet but it has slowly been added to over the last month or so. The spoiler warning was a bit redundant seeing it is a season 4 thread, but you can't be too careful.

Night Spring
March 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Not sure how the ratings are worked out when the show hasn't even been filmed yet, scripts must be really good.
Apparently, you just have to register at the site, then you can rate those episodes, even though they haven't been even filmed yet! Some jokesters must have thought it funny to input perfect scores for them.

Night Spring
March 9th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Update from David's blog (http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82)

Tomorrow we finish up another great (and first full) week shooting Atlantis (even if it did drag me away from Cinequest!)... Amanda and Jewel are fitting in beautifully (and are in fact beautiful!) and can they chew up the scenery or what!? This is shaping up to be a fantastic season and it's a pleasure to have such talented new recruits (to tease mercilessly and try to crack up when they're supposed to be working that is) Not that the old guard are any kind of slouches, Joe's hurling himself around the set tomorrow, Jason is as sick as a dog, Rachel has an episode of her own to contend with and Kavan is prancing around without shoes on... And Nykl? Well I still don't know what the hell Nykl's talking about at the best of times.... you, like me, just have to wait for season four! ;-)

Celcool
March 9th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Nobody mentions Elizabeth/Torri... I guess she really isn't with them on the set.

Falcon Horus
March 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Nobody mentions Elizabeth/Torri... I guess she really isn't with them on the set.

Seems to be the case, which is vey unfortunate.

Love to read David's blog though, keeping us up-to-date is nice.

Mar9645
March 10th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Glad to read the 'new' cast of SGA is having such a great time on the set. It eerily reminds me of all the effusive joy that was coming out of the SG-1 sets when they were filming the drecks that became Seasons 8, 9 and 10.

To me SGA Season 4 is looking worse and worse with each new piece of 'wonderful' information coming from TPTB, again eerily familiar.

For instance, why is another SG-1 refugee being shoehorned into the Reunion episode? I was under the impression that was Ronon's character-centric episode for Season 4. What a disgusting insult to the character and the actor that he apparently needs help from another has-been character from the Milky Way Galaxy in order to bring in the ratings. Who's next? Space slut Vala showing up in Teyla's character-centric ep because that SGA character isn't strong enough on her own.

Then there's the new episode, Tabula Rosa. I suspect this is the one where Carter shows up and Elizabeth is GONE. If it is, the title meaning 'clean slate' is a huge slap in the face to Weir.

Am I angry? You betcha! Am I expecting SGA to sink in Season 4? There's no doubt in my mind that it will with the quad-pack of Berman/Bragas who are running the franchise at present.

Celcool
March 10th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Glad to read the 'new' cast of SGA is having such a great time on the set. It eerily reminds me of all the effusive joy that was coming out of the SG-1 sets when they were filming the drecks that became Seasons 8, 9 and 10.

To me SGA Season 4 is looking worse and worse with each new piece of 'wonderful' information coming from TPTB, again eerily familiar.

For instance, why is another SG-1 refugee being shoehorned into the Reunion episode? I was under the impression that was Ronon's character-centric episode for Season 4. What a disgusting insult to the character and the actor that he apparently needs help from another has-been character from the Milky Way Galaxy in order to bring in the ratings. Who's next? Space slut Vala showing up in Teyla's character-centric ep because that SGA character isn't strong enough on her own.

Then there's the new episode, Tabula Rosa. I suspect this is the one where Carter shows up and Elizabeth is GONE. If it is, the title meaning 'clean slate' is a huge slap in the face to Weir.

Am I angry? You betcha! Am I expecting SGA to sink in Season 4? There's no doubt in my mind that it will with the quad-pack of Berman/Bragas who are running the franchise at present.
I'm as enthusiastic as you.

Night Spring
March 10th, 2007, 07:41 AM
There *is* another thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41618) for discussing whether or not you think S4 will tank.