This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There better be some Teyla episodes!!!

I for sure season 4 better have some teyla episodes...instead of rodney...i mean ronon has had some and teyla has been there from the beginning. Its time we learned more about Teyla...and Teyla's past. sorry just voicing my opinion...i know she is suppose to have an arc...and they better not change their minds!!!

No worries, he just answered my question on his blog about Teyla.

Vaberella writes: “I noticed a lot of comparison between the Wraith and Vampires; What do you think of the Wraith and Morlocks from The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, similarity wise?! […]Oh, can you give us some hints on what you have in store for Teyla, if anything?”

Answer: I’ve never considered the similarities between the wraith and the Morlocks, although the similarities between the wraith and the vampires are fairly obvious. As for your second question - I’ve just finished reading an excellent revelatory Teyla script written by Carl Binder. Teyla fans are in for a treat with this one.
    url to his blog response to vab!

--I'm going to describe the similarities of the wraith and the morlocks...my avatar should be enough.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Here's just a thought. It's possible that Teyla may end up doing Wier's job. Especially since TH will only be in for eps and the SGA is supposed to be civilian run. That would make Sheps team either 3 man or a newbie would join. Hmm, Carter?
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Spoiler:
        Here's just a thought. It's possible that Teyla may end up doing Wier's job. Especially since TH will only be in for eps and the SGA is supposed to be civilian run. That would make Sheps team either 3 man or a newbie would join. Hmm, Carter?

Unlikely for various reasons, although I wouldn't mind seeing that.

First off, we don't know how many eps TH has, the 4 eps comment was sort of blown out of proportion based on rumors that were posted on JM's blog site. It was an arbitrary number, and seems to be fact.

Secondly, again I wouldn't mind it, but the IOA won't put Teyla as full on head of Atlantis. Yes, we have seen that she has babysat Atlantis on numerous occasions ie, Intruder, NML, parts of Mis...they probably won't trust her especially since she's not from Earth. Her loyalty lies first to her people and most likely those of the PG, and secondly she's been taken by the the wraith.

I don't know the heirarchy of Atlantis, but I have a gut feeling that John is head of Atlantis if Weir is indisposed, mainly because of The Long Goodbye, so that throws CArter out the window even if she shows---unless it's a direct order from the IOA. But since JM has verified that Carter has her own ship, it's unlikely she'd be head of Atlantis. McKay would be head of Atlantis but take orders from John---unless again IOA dictates otherwise and appoints someone else in Weir's stead.

So Sheps team would still remain intact.

VB

Comment

I have renewed faith in the series because they seem to know what they're doing for next season. A Teyla episode at long last!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
            No worries, he just answered my question on his blog about Teyla.

url to his blog response to vab!

--I'm going to describe the similarities of the wraith and the morlocks...my avatar should be enough.
            Thank you so much!!! I really excited to see the new season but its so far away!!!

Comment

I'm really excited and hopeful for the development of Teyla in the next season. I just finished reading this great interview with Rachel where she was asked
              Q. Is there anything new going on with your character?
              *going to spoiler her answer*
              Spoiler:
              A. Well, I can tell you that there is going to be more of a dark side to my character being introduced this season. We'll see more of her edgier, ruthless side.
              I can't wait to see the results of that. It sounds like what I've been hoping/wanting to see from the character. I know it's pretty vague but if it means more screentime for Rachel and more for development for Teyla and less time as background I'm all for it.

If you want to read the rest of the interview here's the link: Starry Mag Rachel Luttrell Interview

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post
                I for sure season 4 better have some teyla episodes...instead of rodney...i mean ronon has had some and teyla has been there from the beginning. Its time we learned more about Teyla...and Teyla's past. sorry just voicing my opinion...i know she is suppose to have an arc...and they better not change their minds!!!
                I totally agree with you there.

But I'll like her to be utalize in another manner apart from being a Wraith detector, though I do enjoy those eps alot but time to move one and explore other possibility giving her a strong reason for being on Atlantis and Team.
                sigpic

Comment

Time we saw another side to Teyla, too much Ms Nice Gal is boring beyond belief.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I agree, more Ronon, more Teyla.

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
                    Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
                    March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
                    Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                      Time we saw another side to Teyla, too much Ms Nice Gal is boring beyond belief.
                      Well she's far from nice at times, epsiodes like Letters from Pegasus; showed us as a leader she can be very decisive and realistic. She says save the few we can, if not all; since she knows the capacity the PJ can hold. Then there was Trinity, and she was far from lovey dovey with Ronon (is she ever, treats the poor boy like a lap puppy most of the time). Another is The Tower, where she pretty much is willing to organize and start a small war---for social justice yes---but she allows Ronon to kill an officer with a smile on her face and joins in the drama.

Unfortunately where the writers go wrong is developing on those aspects of the character in later episodes. Showing us another instance and a reason why she would willingly participate in such acts. The ideas just tend to fall flat, although their touched upon. Further more the eps are few and far between.

My one little question is why she always has his satisfied smirk after she's done messing with the wraith in their minds; but she was suffering heavily before.

Comment

This is great news. I've been getting really frustrated lately at the lack of character development for Teyla but it looks like we'll finally be getting some good stuff in s4.

Personally I think s4 will be great. It looks like tptb have really seen some problems and are trying to fix them.
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

I hope she loses some clothes...

Comment

it would be nice if she had something to do. I watched some of the s3 eps and yeah, there was a LOT of rodney. you especially see it when you watch 3-4 in a sitting.

wouldn't it have been cool had The Game been teyla and ronon instead of shep and rod? or if teyla had gotten what rod got in Tao?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              it would be nice if she had something to do. I watched some of the s3 eps and yeah, there was a LOT of rodney. you especially see it when you watch 3-4 in a sitting.

wouldn't it have been cool had The Game been teyla and ronon instead of shep and rod? or if teyla had gotten what rod got in Tao?

Nope, don't see Teyla or Ronon
                              Spoiler:
                              being into creating a civilization or making a 'game' of it. Teyla is after all leader of her people and in essence ruler of a civilization, so I doubt that would be of interest. Plus, I'd think she'd snub her nose at wasting time in front of a computer screen when she could spend it either training, being with her people, or meditating. As for Ronon, another unlikely move, which I'd think he'd be bored of. Ronon is far too much of an active person, more so than even Teyla. He's more about saving civilizations than wasting again his time playing a game creating it. All in all, these two seem far from being the x-box playing sims type of people.

Although, I will say it would have been cooler to reverse the order and have Lorne/Zelenka discover the computer thing and end up the 'oracles' for the people---rather than McShep. It would change the dynamic and be very refreshing, plus it would probably sting McKay and Shep that they didn't know about being 'oracles', despite Weir's displeasure.

I don't know how interesting an ep it would be if Teyla was afflicated with the 'tao'.
                              Spoiler:
                              What with her wraith dna, that thing would probably have killed her instead. Not only that, what would Teyla be doing on an Ancient console, playing and attaching equipment (I think McKay wouldn't even let her touch those wires)---I could see some rather interesting lemmings whinging away about how unrealistic it is of Teyla to do that, so it was a good move not to.
                              Spoiler:

But there are various eps where it would have been interesting to see Teyla take the lead. It would have been more interesting to see Teyla do more with her Wraith flying abilities during the season, just a snippet more. Maybe see her play around with the cruiser and such, since she was given lessons, or taking lessons.
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 22 February 2007, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X