X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Powerful Race .Spoilers for doppelganger

Extract from WIKIPEDIA
    The doppelgängers of folklore cast no shadow, and have no reflection in a mirror or in water. They are supposed to provide advice to the person they shadow, but this advice can be misleading or malicious. They can also, in rare instances, plant ideas in their victim's mind or appear before friends and relatives, causing confusion. In many cases once someone has viewed his own doppelgänger he is doomed to be haunted by images of his ghostly counterpart.

Other folklore says that when a person's doppelgänger is seen, the person him/herself will die shortly. It is considered unwise to try to communicate with a doppelgänger.

Any Ideas on the ep?

4 easy steps how to make people hate you
    Spoiler:
    Ignore them
    Spoiler:
    talk bad about them behind their backs
    Spoiler:
    Use lots of spoiler tags
    Spoiler:
    Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

My immediate thought when I read that title was replicators; that perhaps one of the team is replicated. I know it's already been done on SG1, but so has the replicator storyline. I figured they'd just throw an Asuran twist on it, lol.

Comment

I thinks its something to do with the name of the episode
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Beckett the Asuran.

EDIT: I have no idea whether or not I mean this as a joke. Only time will tell.

Comment

Simon Wallace meets Narim
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Narim criticizes Simon for dumping Weir.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Could be someone from the future to warn the past Can you see your futures shadow?
              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
                Beckett the Asuran.

EDIT: I have no idea whether or not I mean this as a joke. Only time will tell.
                Actually I did laugh when I read it, I thought it was funny *Don't get me wrong, folks, I loved Carson as a character *

Well, let's hope it's not Lucius replicated to an inifinite number...

Comment

THAT would suck.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                    THAT would suck.
                    Totally , LOL

Comment

Also from wikipedia

"Doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person—most commonly an "evil twin".

Another alternate universe episode similar to McKay and Miller? Maybe an Asuran copy of some Stargate character? Maybe Mckay has another psychotic episode ala Grace?
                      Science is but a perversion of itself unless it has
                      as its ultimate goal the betterment of humanity.

Conservatives, like most americans, tend to deny the american empire exists

Children, like most conservatives, are naive and tend to believe in lies, like santa clause

Comment

Originally posted by AlexD View Post
                        Well, let's hope it's not Lucius replicated to an inifinite number...
                        *shudder* The Harry Mudd of the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                          Could be someone from the future to warn the past Can you see your futures shadow?
                          Ohh, i like that possibility. Perhaps that ancient who did the time travel work (from long sleep) did more work, and is jumping around..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Ohh, i like that possibility. Perhaps that ancient who did the time travel work (from long sleep) did more work, and is jumping around..
                            thats original, perhaps his time jumper is bigger on the inside and he has been fighting an army of goa'uld who have special "life support mecines" instead of hosts..

Comment

Originally posted by cvife View Post
                              thats original, perhaps his time jumper is bigger on the inside and he has been fighting an army of goa'uld who have special "life support mecines" instead of hosts..
                              I might not be original, but it already happened in SG.
                              See SG1's "Its Good to Be King".

We don't know what else Janus got up to, only that he ended up on Maybournes planet as his ship was found there. So its quite possible that he could appear again in Atlantis.

As for Doppelganger episode... maybe it has something to do with cloning? There have been a number of SG1 clone related episodes. But I don't recall any Atlantis clones yet, not including Alternate reality versions.

Something i always thought would be interesting is if the gate malfunctioned and somehow the energy pattern stored in the buffer wasn't erased upon reintegration and then a second copy of yourself came though. Essentially a perfect clone. Would create some major moral issues, as they'd both be the real deal...
                              Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Working...
                              X