This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 nominated at the Saturn Awards 2007

Stargate SG-1 got one nomination at the 33rd Saturn Awards in the best syndicated/cable tv series along with Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Eureka, Kyle XY, Dexter and The Closer.

Source: scifiwire, saturn awards official site

Hope they won't win, though they probably will as a parting gift for the series...

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
      Hope they won't win, though they probably will as a parting gift for the series...
      Agreed, however, I am 100% sure Galactica is going to win because they're overrated, and every critic loves it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
        Stargate SG-1 got one nomination at the 33rd Saturn Awards in the best syndicated/cable tv series along with Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Eureka, Kyle XY, Dexter and The Closer.

Source: scifiwire, saturn awards official site
        Since when are Dexter and The CLoser scifi???? Boggles the mind.

I predict BSG or DR WHO will win.

Comment

As long as we're asking questions, how exactly does Saturday Night Live qualify as science fiction? or is it more of the fantasy side?

Oh, and I have another questino! *raises hand*

Originally posted by Saturn Awards Website
          Best supporting actor in Television Series
          JAMES CALLIS (Battlestar Galactica) (Sci Fi Channel)

MICHAEL EMERSON (Lost) (ABC)

GREG GRUNBERG (Heroes) (NBC/Universal)

JOSH HOLLOWAY (Lost) (ABC)

MASI OKA (Heroes) (NBC/Universal)

JAMES REMAR (Dexter) (Showtime)

Best supporting actress in television series

GABRIELLE ANWAR (The Librarian: Return to King Solomon’s Mines) (TNT)

JENNIFER CARPENTER (Dexter) (Showtime)

ALI LARTER (Heroes) (NBC/Universal)

ALLISON MACK (Smallville) (CW)

ELIZABETH MITCHELL (Lost) (ABC)

HAYDEN PANETTIERE (Heroes) (NBC/Universal)
          I can accept, somehow, the point about Greg Grunberg, but in what way are Masi Oka, Ali Larter and Hayden Panettiere supporting actors?....

As for SG1... well, they have a chance, this being the last year and al. Hopeful.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            I can accept, somehow, the point about Greg Grunberg, but in what way are Masi Oka, Ali Larter and Hayden Panettiere supporting actors?....
            Heroes feels more like an ensemble cast show than a lead/supporting cast show like Stargate so maybe everyone is just listed as supporting?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              Heroes feels more like an ensemble cast show than a lead/supporting cast show like Stargate so maybe everyone is just listed as supporting?
              Only for that matter, why not lsit everyone as "lead"?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Because then they'll all demand more money!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Because then they'll all demand more money!!
                  These actors! Can never live with them
                  (woudln't it have made sense for them to I dunno bind them by contract for the next thousand years or so, if they even suspected the show's gonna becmoe such a hit? )
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I hope SG-1 somehow wins this award. I think the show deserves it on it's way out. Besides, this season has been amazing IMO.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hope they win, to prove to some that ending SG-1 as a TV-series was a mistake and the potential was huge, eventhough it is an " old " series.

Comment

Problems:

Veronica Mars: not a Sci-fi or horror show

Doctor Who: NOT a Sci-fi series, it is at best a fantasy show, Sci-fi is based on science hints its name.

The Closer: Is a Crime Drama

24: how the hell is 24 a sci-fi series, maybe it just barely horror if you want to say dooms day is included in horror, and thats if you want to call it a dooms day series

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Since when are Dexter and The CLoser scifi???? Boggles the mind.

I predict BSG or DR WHO will win.
                          The initial post said the category was "Best Syndicated/Cable TV Series" not "Best Science Fiction Series."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I don't think SG-1 will take the award. It's probably up between BSG and Dexter, which has been getting as much critical acclaim and BSG has. I'm a little surprised SG-1 even got a nod seeing how vast the pool of great cable shows is these days.
                            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
                              Problems:

Veronica Mars: not a Sci-fi or horror show

Doctor Who: NOT a Sci-fi series, it is at best a fantasy show, Sci-fi is based on science hints its name.
                              Dude, Doctor Who is the longest running SCIFI Show in the whole dam world. Don't talk trash.

Comment

Working...
                              X