This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What The lanteans Should Of Done!

this idea came out of no where and im gald it did becuase it would of worked, they had partialy worked out the plan.

1) They should of sent replicators the controled ones to earth to build ships. = they couldnt build ships fast enought and they never had any where to bulid them what they should of done is sent replicators to earth to build ships and sent some atlanteans to fly them to Pegasus Galaxy now they would been able to build them in peace and without the warith finding out that they have hugh numbers of ships and the drone i love them id rather have a drone than a light saber lol anyways they would of returned and droped out of hyperspace on top of the warith fleet and won

2) They should of called for help from asgard or furlings = in additon to the above they could asked the asgard for help they had ships and the other replicators (purple ones) wernt around and if and when the asgaurd incouter them the lanteans would be around to help/ return the favour.

3) they should of made use of the time machine and seen how they came into exisitance allowing them to understand thier tech and weapons. well well what can i say tampering with time or death tampering with time or death gee i dunno which one to pick.

Originally posted by X04Shivaji View Post
    this idea came out of no where and im gald it did becuase it would of worked, they had partialy worked out the plan.

1) They should of sent replicators the controled ones to earth to build ships. = they couldnt build ships fast enought and they never had any where to bulid them what they should of done is sent replicators to earth to build ships and sent some atlanteans to fly them to Pegasus Galaxy now they would been able to build them in peace and without the warith finding out that they have hugh numbers of ships and the drone i love them id rather have a drone than a light saber lol anyways they would of returned and droped out of hyperspace on top of the warith fleet and won

2) They should of called for help from asgard or furlings = in additon to the above they could asked the asgard for help they had ships and the other replicators (purple ones) wernt around and if and when the asgaurd incouter them the lanteans would be around to help/ return the favour.

3) they should of made use of the time machine and seen how they came into exisitance allowing them to understand thier tech and weapons. well well what can i say tampering with time or death tampering with time or death gee i dunno which one to pick.
    It sure would make your post better to read if you would have used some interpunctioning.

In response to your post:
    1 + 2: this is SGA you know, not SG1-part II. The people who watch SGA may not be familiar with SG1, so the writers can't just suddenly throw in storylines from SG1.
    3: do you mean the time machine from the Ancient man who saved Dr Weir 10.000 years ago? Maybe we'll see him again, who knows?...
    The return part II: Sheppard contacts O'Neill from the jumper and tells him their mission isn''t sanctioned by General Landry.
    General Jack o'Neill: "So am i to assume you're not surrounded by heavily armed SG-teams and young strapping marines?"
    Dr. Weir: "You've got Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, McKay, myself and Dr. Beckett."
    Jack: "Oooh, Dr. Beckett is it? Oh i'm comforted!"
    Dr. Beckett: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Comment

Originally posted by StefanSGA View Post
      It sure would make your post better to read if you would have used some interpunctioning.

In response to your post:
      1 + 2: this is SGA you know, not SG1-part II. The people who watch SGA may not be familiar with SG1, so the writers can't just suddenly throw in storylines from SG1.
      3: do you mean the time machine from the Ancient man who saved Dr Weir 10.000 years ago? Maybe we'll see him again, who knows?...
      They can, and do, more and more frequently too it seems.

Comment

2) They should of called for help from asgard or furlings = in additon to the above they could asked the asgard for help they had ships and the other replicators (purple ones) wernt around and if and when the asgaurd incouter them the lanteans would be around to help/ return the favour. [/QUOTE]

The Asgard were not that advanced at the time. The Alliance of 4 Great Races was made 10,000 years ago after the war with the Wraith. So I’m not even sure that the Ancients and Asgard even knew each other.
        Although the Asgard have been exploring space for 30,000 years we still don’t know if they would have been powerful enough help. I doubt it. At present they could. But thats 10,000 years too late.
        And Furlings…………………………Same thing. We don’t even know if they even if they had ships. We haven’t seen or heard of any Nox ships expect they City Ship. (may not even be a ship. It’s a city and it floats)

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if Nox's city is Atlantis-based city with Nox's features. We haven't seen it clearly. And it's outside view could have been easily adjusted to the needs of the Nox.

Comment

what the lanteans should have done?

Ah...i've corrected the error and now I feel better

Also....no SG1 in SGA please.

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post

Also....no SG1 in SGA please.
              Yeah. Dam right.... No SG-1 in Atlantis please. Only Firefly in Atlantis!!!

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I often wondered about the asgard we dont actually know how long they were exploring space all we know is 30,000 years ago was when the ship which carried the asgard heimdall found came from
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                  Yeah. Dam right.... No SG-1 in Atlantis please. Only Firefly in Atlantis!!!
                  sounds good to me
                  sigpic

Comment

the lantiens screwed up nearly everything they were just to stuck up and cocky so they payed for it

and its easy to say what the should have have done... and what if... they made there dissions and paid for them

Comment

Time technology seems not to have been a tolerated thing.. I mean the Lantean council were really angry at Janus for his experiments because to be fair... one little mistake can result in the worst outcome possible so its quite possible they banned the technology. Yes yes I know there was time dilation techology used but who is to say it was sanctioned tech? Could have been made by rogues....

Furlings and Asgard... we arent certain they even knew them at that point. Or whether they would have been interested in fighting an 'internal conflict of the Lanteans own making'.

Finally, even if they could build the ships quickly, who would man them? To me, I always figured the Lanteans to have a very small population while the Wraith had many timesmore their number...

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Personally to me, the most logical thing they should have done is use the Asurans as either additional soldiers (program them to obey the Ancients) or use them as an aditional workforce and build their ships under the ocean, where the wraith weapons would not get them, as i would assume the Asurans would be able to work underwater.

But the Ancients werent that smart in terms of strategy as before the wraith came it would have been at minimum 5-10 million years (estimated time atlantis left Earth "Rising") since they fought a war and arent exactly militaristic.

Comment

Originally posted by X04Shivaji View Post

1. The problem with that is they never had controlled ones. The only way they could probably have been controlled would have been the same way that they were distributed in 'The Hot Zone'. Thus as a biological weapon. The moment they came together to form any sort of AI & ability to think for themselves. They'd evolve into their own forms & end up doing what they want just like the Asurans.

The other thing with this is that flying ships from one galaxy to another could have had terrible consequences had the Wraith managed to get a hold of one. They'd have the means to get to a new feeding ground & the coordinates to go there! Why do you think the ship 'Aurora' didn't have intergalactic capabilities, they said in the ep that the risk of their capture was great. Thus the Wraith tried to infiltraite it to allow them to upgrade it.

Not to mention the time it takes for a ship to fly over 3 million light years, what if it's needed in an emergency!

The only way to make ships would simply have been to find a distant remote planet, use ZPM's & a PJ's CG to cloak it. Thus they'd have a planet that is gone, Wraith can't sense it & because it's right at the edge of the galaxy, they would never have a reason to go to such a remote part of the galaxy if there was no sign of life. Meaning they'd have an entire planet which they could safely construct ships on.

2. We don't have an idea of how long ago the alliance was even started, not to mention why it ended. For all we know the Furlings may have been evil & caused the break up. Again with regards to the time period, 30'000 years ago, Asgard had to put their crew in stasis for long journeys. While Wraith at that point had goodness knows how many 11km long ships armed to the brim with energy weapons. If Lanteans couldn't defeat them, then what chance would the Asgard have had 10,000 years ago. Not much me thinks!

3. During the war they didn't have the time machine. It was only much later that Janus/Janis finally perfected it.

If you want to know how they could have defeated them, it's actually very simple!

1 is when the warships were deployed, keep them together always, so they don't get overwhelmed & outnumbered by Wraith vessels.

Second part is to protect them further. Install ZPM's in every ship to boost the shields, hyperdrives & energy weapons. Atlantis could stand days worth of consinous attacks from all those Hives with only 1 ZPM. Therefore Lantean ships would have plenty of time to use their energy weapons to cut through the unshielded Hives.

2 is to do with the sat weapons. Install shields on them, powered with ZPM's. As well as put them in groups together. This way if a Wraith fleet arrives, the sat wouldn't have to take out 12 ships on it's own. A single target would be easier to destroy for the Wraith as they could combine their firepower to quickly drain the shield & ZPM down.

Therefore install 3/4 together in a group. 9/12 Wraith Hives showed up. Each one can take out 3/4 ships on it's own. More targets meaning more time for the sat's to take care of them because the Wraith would have to split up & divide their fire towards each sat platform. A single shot cut a Hive to pieces like a hot kife through butter, if it hadn't been damaged it would have took care of all 3 Hives. Imagine how many it could take care of it protected by a shield & ZPM.

3 is to do with the nanite virus. They already had it & it worked as seen in 'The Hot Zone', why not equip a warhead with one & fire it into the side of a Wraith ship. Have the nanities eat out the organic parts of the Wraith ships. Thus disabling them, then it would target & infect the Wraith inside killing them. After it was done, the Lanteans had simply to destroy the ship. It would have wiped out the nanites inside the ship & stopped them forming to make a more complicated structure as they would have been wiped out in their initial stage of development.

4 is to do with cloaking technology. They had them on their PJ's. Why not put in an explosive device. Send it out on remote while cloaked, then slam it into the side of a Hive ship or into the hangar bay. Bang a Hive gone in secs.

5 is again to do with the cloaking tech. Make a large warhead or projectile, equip it with a cloak. Detect a Hive ship on sensors, then launch it at a safe distance from the warship. Bang it slams into it & takes it out in a single shot.

There are literally a good few other ways the Lanteans could have taken them out, they had to be wiped out because then they couldn't have had the Wraith as main enemies for Atlantis in S1 if the Ancients had won the war. The Lanteans were all badly written from the start, while the Wraith were portrayed the same way, as buffoon space vampires. Realistically the Lanteans would never have been wiped out, overconfident & outnumbered or not. Ofcourse it they had written it the proper way, then there would have been no Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post

Oh thank goodness it's not just me sitting going 'I must not be a grammer nazi, I must not be a grammer nazi....'
                            sigpic
                            by Kaaatie

Comment

Protip: "Would've" can be expanded to mean "Would have" not "would of".

Comment

Working...
                              X