This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILERS Season 7,8 / Just an idea

Hey, thought I best put up a spoiler warning. Anyhoo, I had a fic idea and I've started writing (got to page ten) but wanted to see what you thought.

The idea is that after saving the world on numerous occasions, Sam's had two promotions and Jack only one. So he asks good old Mr President for a bit of a favour.

When Daniel returns from a dig in Bali, he discovers Colonel O'Neill up in the General's office. Very confused (with a classic scene ensueing) he discovers that the rules have been waved just this once and the two have been married three weeks.

The story deals with various marital issues, such as (in Jack's words) Little Jack , marriage altering their working relationship, Jack's overprotectiveness, Sam's pregnancy and finally a HUGE climax (too much to explain) using developments of old storylines.

Sam visits her alternate reality self (and Janet Frasier, who's still alive over there) for advice, after all, Dr Carter was married to Jack for a whole year. She discovers, however, that Dr Carter is now Dr Jackson. It seems that their reality has had a few Sams recently, including a General Samantha O'Neill and a Dr Samantha Hammond. We also find out about Teal'c and his personal desires, and his reaction to the marriage.

There's also a classic time travel part where Colonel O'Neill and General O'Neill are dragged to another planed (unaware it's their own in the future). The secretive young woman refuses to work with a heavily pregnant Sam, only with Jack, and the two open up. He discovers that the woman's mother died during childbirth and her father killed himself. As Sam goes into labour, isolated out in the wasteland, he discovers the horrible truth. (That's the lead up to the end).

The idea is that an O'Neill marriage could open up a whole new kettle of fish. After all they've done to save the planet, why can't they get married? And the issues that would arise would pad out the majority of a season.

Anyway, I'm using the working title Season Nine, which tells people that they ought to expect spoilers. I just had a dream about it and woke up laughing, there's some great comedic moments... Daniel walking in on - classic.

Just wanted a bit of feedback... what do you reckon? I don't want to seem like a great big fool.

Tj x
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

cool! I like it!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Thanks Lisa

Comment

i think the only thing i'd have issues with is dr samantha hammond.

unless she's hammy's daughter that is. sam/hammy is just.....not good

how about sam/siler???

I like the AU's, its a fun way to explore stuff without mucking up the storyline
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's meant to bee mucky. Dr Sam Jackson just mentions it in passing and the two of them grimace.

There's a fab scene where Sam just lets go of her military bravado seeing as she's in an alternate reality and all, and she gets absolutely stone cold slaughtered, waking up in front of her husband with a hangover. Sam drunk is just plain funny.

There are some lose ends, left in the story which get tied once and for all. I've just reintroduced Hailey. Originally Grogan replaced Elliot, but Jack had been right about him being a good traget (proving ground). Hailey replaced him but then was transeferred to the Pentagon to work on overlapping parallel universerses (as outlined in the report sam read in prodigy). In season nine, she joins SG-1 as a Captain. Unfortunately, she's a gossip and a trouble maker, and causes more than a couple of problems for the O'Neills.

Cassie makes an appearance too. She's now 19 and in the Academy. She decided to join after Janet died. She's highly resentful that neither of the O'Neills have visited her since and that she was never invited to the wedding.

Narim causes a few problems... that's a very interesting episode too. But that's two away yet.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this. I've written episodes 901 and 902 and am on the last chapter of 903. They're subdivided, so there's 901.1 (New beginnings) 901.2 (Nightingale pt 1) and so on. It's fabulous.

Sorry, I'm really excited about this. There are so many possibilities. The bit where Sam decides to have an abortion without telling Jack that she's pregnant, and Hailey finds out and tells Jack about it is really powerful.

It's a long long tale, so far, for three episodes there are 12 parts. There's so much to get in there, the looks, the feelings.

Oooh, I hope I can get it all finished in time.

Comment

I'm sorry but this idea is really stupid. The Military will never allow Jack and Sam to get together FULL STOP. 'Changing the rules just this once' just makes no sense at all both logically and in canon wise.

Believe me, I'm NOT trying to hurt your feelings or trying to be *****y but can someone please explain to me why people would write and read such an bad shipper cliche?

Comment

Ok... you asked, Rosha.
              It's up to individual choice.Fan-Fic writers only "borrow" the characters.They can do things via AU/other plot devices,that the Real Show Canon won't,or just can't, allow .
              That's the whole basis of fan-fic : Escapism and entertainment for the writers and readers.
              I enjoy reading a wide variety of fic .I know the difference between Canon and Fanon .
              If I think a fic is too surreal,I move on til I find one I like .

The "Shippers" are perfectly entitled to enjoy reading/writing anything they so choose.
              So are fans of all the other fic genres.

If you think the fic under discussion is a "bad Shipper cliche"....then just find a fic that isn't !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hhhhm, but there are quite a few other things in Stargate that the military wouldn't allow.

But anyway, it's just my personal idea. I know it'S far fetched, but I wanted to deal with stuff in this fic that can'T be dealt with unless you make a few concessions.

You can never please all fans all the time, it's a problem that even the real writers face, huh?

Comment

Anything goes in fanfic. I would personally never read a story like this (I stay far away from J/S ship) but fanfic writers aren't bound by the rules of the show. People can easily choose not to read a certain genre, because there are other alternatives where they can get their SG1 fix.
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I say don't sweat the real life rules and just write your story.

I've seen more than one slash story where jack and daniel are keeping house, yet there's never a mention of the regs that is breaking.

having fun with 'reality' is why we have fic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      I've seen more than one slash story where jack and daniel are keeping house, yet there's never a mention of the regs that is breaking.
                      There are a TON of slash stories with Sam and Janet keeping house and raising Cassie togeather. I second your statement. Fic is fic for a reason, and you should write it the way you want to write it.

Comment

recently, i've had a lot of fun playing in AU's. Some long stories that i subbed to zines were AU fic, one where hathor took sam in Hathor, and another where Jack got hathor in Into the Fire. and i've written a trilogy set in an au where sam kept jolinar.....and i've thought up another one to write eventually.

The basis of this rambling is, if you have an AU and want to explore a 'what if'.....go for it. Have fun. Don't let canon stump your creativity.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X