This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonel Steven Caldwell

Mitch Pileggi had a major role in Season 2 as "Colonel Steven Caldwell," appearing in 11 episodes. In Season 3, he's been sorely missed! He's only in 6 episodes. How come the character's role was reduced? Then there's Colonel Ellis who's introduced in "First Strike," the Season 3 finale. Is Ellis going to replace Caldwell in Season 4, or is he merely a fill-in for when Pileggi is unavailable?

Mitch was off doing another show, Day Break. It lasted about 12 episodes with him doing 11.

Now that the show has been cancelled, one can only hope that Ellis will find himself somewhere else and allow the Daedalus and Caldwell to return. I don't think it's ever been mentioned why the role of Ellis or even the Apollo was done, but it could have been possible it was done to not being able to get Pileggi. However I do think it would be a crappy way to treat Ellis if they kill him or can him because they can't get Caldwell. One of the PTB did mention looking to have Caldwell show up in season 4 but that was all down to his schedule since he was doing Day Break at the time.

sigpic

Comment

Glad Daybreak got cancelled, because that means Caldwell will (hopefully) return!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        Glad Daybreak got cancelled, because that means Caldwell will (hopefully) return!
        Agreed. While i did not like him at first, with his going against wier and shep, i have come to like him..

Comment

I would love to have him back, bit of conflict between him and Shep/Weir stirs things up nicely. Or if not, Ellis was interesting too.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

The reason is that Col Steven Caldwells Actor, is taking some time off over season 4, so the Daedalus will be stationed at earth, that why they brought in The Apollo for season for to defened Atlantis. i have not seen first strike yet but Not sure what to make of Col Ellis!
            This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
            Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
            we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

I hope we get to see Caldwell in s4.

We should because tptb have expressed interest in having him back. They said it would all depend on his schedule. So now that he's free, we should see him again.

I think Ellis was a replacement for Caldwell just in case they couldn't get MP back for s4. I hope we get to see Ellis again, I liked him and think he could provide so interesting aspects to the show.
              sigpic
              By *E*K*R*

Comment

Well hes out for part of the season but hopfully we will see both Ellis and Caldwell working together, i think the Daedalus and Apollo together will make a great team, Both have Azgaurd tech, and have great Commanders

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                  I hope we get to see Caldwell in s4.

We should because tptb have expressed interest in having him back. They said it would all depend on his schedule. So now that he's free, we should see him again.

I think Ellis was a replacement for Caldwell just in case they couldn't get MP back for s4. I hope we get to see Ellis again, I liked him and think he could provide so interesting aspects to the show.
                  I am hoping for friction between Caldwell and Ellis, Caldwell may not always see eye to eye with those in the Atlantis expedition but he will tow the line for them. Ellis on the other hand seems to be the right IOA puppet, takes his orders from the home galaxy whilst at the same time trying to profess how much he respects everyone at Atlantis.

Caldwell and Ellis are both protagonists to Atlantis but Ellis is sinister where as Caldwell tries to offer his experience/opinion.

Comment

The way I think it would be good is with that Weir is injured, Shep. assumes Command of Atlantis, and then either cadwell or Ellis try to assume command over him. That would create alot of tension.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

From what I've read I get the impression that both Ellis and Caldwell will apprear in season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                        I am hoping for friction between Caldwell and Ellis, Caldwell may not always see eye to eye with those in the Atlantis expedition but he will tow the line for them. Ellis on the other hand seems to be the right IOA puppet, takes his orders from the home galaxy whilst at the same time trying to profess how much he respects everyone at Atlantis.

Caldwell and Ellis are both protagonists to Atlantis but Ellis is sinister where as Caldwell tries to offer his experience/opinion.
                        i agree with Knowsfords Caldwell does seem to offer his opions rather than just telling then how its gunna be, i havent seen first strike yet so i carnt realy say anything regarding Ellis, but from what iv read hes listerning to what the IOA say rather than thinking whats best for Atlantis.

sigpic

Comment

I liked Caldwell from the beginning. Hopefully he has a bigger part in season 4. I agree that it would be interesting to see him face off against Ellis.

Comment

Well hes ment to be out for most of season 4 ( taking some time off from the show ) my guess he will make a big entrance at the mid season 2 parter where the team or Atlantis is in some S**t and Caldwell will come to there aid!

sigpic

Comment

After First Strike I'm kinda hoping Ellis will suffer the worst death imaginable first thing next season, hopefully the Apollo along with him (what a terrible name).

if they have to bring another captin I'd rather see Caldwell, but ever since that Emmerson guy died I find it much more enjoyable when the team is responsible for the ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X