Who To Chat With?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who To Chat With?

A GateWorld conference hall is always a possibility. I've created this thread for folks to voice their opinions on who they'd like to chat with. Principle characters are always a possibility, but I'd like us to focus on less front-and-center folks that we'd like to invite into the chat room on special occasions.

High on our lists is Steve the Wraith, and Grogan has also been suggested. Who else would YOU like to chat with? When we finally do get to have a conference hall, I will be looking to this thread for guidance. Who knows, I may ask you for the first question to our guest! I also want your comments on how you think a GW Conference Hall would be best executed. (Remember, on nights when we wouldn't have special guests, the Hall would revert to a standard chat room).

Remember, the more response we receive, the more inclined we'd be to create the GW chat room.

Thanks, folks!
    David

Ooooh, a chat room!

Colin Cunningham is a right laugh and very interesting. Dan Shea is someone I'd have a fair few questions for. I'll have a think about who else I'd like.

Madeleine

Comment

what an intriguing idea!
      A conference hall with a guest to chat to sounds like a lot of fun I would suggest a few guests, *moves thru list of primary casts of SG-1 and Atlantis * but I suspect they are the most obvious ones
      I would adore chatting with Martin Wood, I always find his DVD extras really interesting. Would require a great deal of forewarning to come up with some deep and probing questions tho.....

As for the chat room idea.....
      I can atest to the fact that we've been having an indecent amount of fun with our Shipper Chatroom in AIM. And therein lies my question I guess. We have fun with the chat room because we can wander all over the show - literally and figuratively , and I think it has helped decrease the amount of off-topicness in the Shipper Thread (us?? off-topic? never! ). But, how would a GW chatroom function, with so many people with differing (and totally valid) opinions? Can one "mod" a chat room - doesn't this fly contrary to the purpose of a chat room?? But on the other hand, I wouldn't like to see any person or group exlcuded from said chat room because they didn't feel comfortable there .

Anyway, just a few random thoughts......

Comment

Chatrooms are very common, very popular things and as long as people obey the common rules of courtesy, it's possible to have a general chat about the show without having to focus on any one aspect. I was a regular on an X-Files chat for years and the various factions managed to find enough common ground to keep it amiable most of the time. I don't see why Stargate should be any different. And modding a chat isn't that different than modding here, except you need much quicker reflexes. Dunno if David is up to that challenge.

Edit: Oh yeah, my wish list. In no particular order.

David Hewlett (smaller castmembers?? *blinks innocently*)
        Ken "Luke" Phelan
        Steve Wraith
        David "Grogan" Kopp
        Cliff "Baal" Simon
        JR "Martouf" Bourne (he's just silly )
        Alexis "Skaara" Cruise (he's an RPG freak, could be interesting)
        Courtenay "Elliot" Stevens (I know you just interviewed him but still...)
        Kevan "Oshu, Yu's First Prime" Ohtsji
        Kira "Amaterasu" Clavell
        Bill "Dr. Lee" Dow

Will probably think of more...
        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 08 September 2004, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Boy, I wish I had time. Not sure how we'd manage that yet, but we might get a few people to ghost-mod it.

Comment

WOOT!!!

Would love a conference room!! That would be great!

Be interesting considering the time difference.. but, any excuse for me to be staying up to the wee hours right??

Can't really think of anyone off the top of my head as to who I'd like to chat to....but then, I'm not exactly picky.

You've got my vote!!!

Comment

A chat room...WONDERFUL idea

As for who I'd like...the ones that come immediately to mind have already been said. But Baal and Dr Lee deserve special mentions from me!

I also wouldn't mind seeing the baddie who kidnapped and tortured Daniel in Evolution - the actor's name escapes me (if indeed I ever knew it). He was my favourite baddie in Season 7. I thought the actor did an amazing job and he really freaked me out on Daniel and Dr Lee's behalf. He is exactly the sort of villain I find believable.

My brother and I have been trying to get his accent down ever since, but we are failing miserably.

The guide would also be great (again, I'm terrible with names...haven't watched the ep in so long). I'd love to ask him how he stayed so fresh and vibrant looking after lying bleeding in the jungle for a couple of days - what's his secret?

I'm willing to bet on moist towelettes.

Comment

A chat room/convention hall would be great.

Maybe N. John Smith. He has been around since the beginning and hardly ever do I see interviews with him. Of course could be I am not looking in the right place. He must know so much. Michael Greenburg woud be interesting too.
                sigpic

Comment

Chat room would be good...especially here. With people from so many time zones, there'd always be someone in it.

Who?

Kenny the props guy...
                  Fitness Buddies

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                    Chat room would be good...especially here. With people from so many time zones, there'd always be someone in it.

Who?
                    I am with that. I like meeting and talking with others from different backgrounds. I've try other chat rooms and it seems that no one was every in them. So I would be very new at that.

As for who. It doesn't matter with me.

Comment

PDL would be a great person to chat to.
                      As a creator of the show he's "in the know" but he also seems to have an incredible sense of humour.

Perhaps he'd have to restrain his 'potty mouth' and the toilet humour. But still, interesting nonetheless.

Along with that, I would suggest Joe Mallozzi. From what I can tell from his infrequent posts on the forum he too would be really interesting and fun to chat to.
                      He might also be more inclined to go for it, since he's already familiar with the forum itself.

Still think this is a fantastic idea. Yay!

Comment

i'd love members of the crew. They get ignored so often.

Joe, brad, michael greenburg...n john smith would be great. How about james tichenor? yeah, i know he's not on the show any longer, but still, he was for several years.

THe actors are fun, but they're only part of the magic
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i'd love members of the crew. They get ignored so often.
                          Perhaps the stunt doubles??
                          The makeup people?
                          the Camera crew??

the list really is endless. the stunt doubles in particular would be interesting. In AT's video diary in the special features of the dvds she gives a small section to MS's double - V funny!! (his name escapes me at the moment.)

He's got the head swing-y thing down pat. It would be cool to know what working with the four main cast members is like. What goes into being a double for one of them, etc.

Comment

Except for the top brass producers, you really woundn't want to download an audio interview with the prop guy. The chat room would change this. It'd be a mix of cast and crew.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              Except for the top brass producers, you really woundn't want to download an audio interview with the prop guy. The chat room would change this. It'd be a mix of cast and crew.
                              I dunno. Depends on the prop guy. I know a couple of 'em who can be very entertaining. hehe. But generally speaking, yeah, the prop masters probably aren't top of the list for most people.

You could always bring in a mystery person and leave it up to us to try and figure out who it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X