Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Something big happens in Season 4 of Atlantis", Tapping. What could it be? Spoilers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Something big happens in Season 4 of Atlantis", Tapping. What could it be? Spoilers?

I remember reading the interview and supposedly it opens up the universe to an even broader idea or something. What do you think it is? I mean, what could it be?

So I thought up something, but I'm looking for a variety possibilities, not support for my own. Dip your toes in! BTW, tell me if I need to remove the spoiler hider, I'm not accustomed to the "norms" on this forum, I don't know what TBTP stands for or numerous acronyms yet, so throw me a bone.

Spoiler:

The Asgard are a dying race, and they haven't successfully cloned that ancient Asgard that was frozen in ice, I don't remember what season. Well, maybe something is going wrong, and they're going to die off completely or simply begin to die off, so they start giving us their planets, their ships, their capabilities. Maybe if they all die off, we thaw out that frozen Asgard and get him as a new team member of Atlantis. (Full size Asgard the size of a human, so we could get a regular person in the suit) We get their hyper fast intergalactic ships that go from Earth to Atlantis in like 2 seconds flat, and their Stargate addresses. They think we are a little premature, but it is necessary for our survival and for the protection of other species. We become the heirs to the Asgard, and become the fifth race, sort of. Oh, and our Daedalus is preparation for their technology, and they outfit their O'neil class carriers with interfaces more well suited to humans. We get some sad discussion from Thor or another Asgard in a wheelchair of some sort, and that's what happens in Atlantis. Hopefully not, but it's possible to conceive the idea.

No. It won't be something like that as Atlantis is a show on its own. Most of their storylines aren't followups of SG-1 storylines.

The something big could very well be a reference to
    Spoiler:
    Atlantis being permanently cut off from Earth or Elizabeth Weir getting hurt and possibly losing her job.

Comment

Originally posted by e-sailpilot86 View Post
      I remember reading the interview and supposedly it opens up the universe to an even broader idea or something. What do you think it is? I mean, what could it be?

So I thought up something, but I'm looking for a variety possibilities, not support for my own. Dip your toes in! BTW, tell me if I need to remove the spoiler hider, I'm not accustomed to the "norms" on this forum, I don't know what TBTP stands for or numerous acronyms yet, so throw me a bone.

Spoiler:

The Asgard are a dying race, and they haven't successfully cloned that ancient Asgard that was frozen in ice, I don't remember what season. Well, maybe something is going wrong, and they're going to die off completely or simply begin to die off, so they start giving us their planets, their ships, their capabilities. Maybe if they all die off, we thaw out that frozen Asgard and get him as a new team member of Atlantis. (Full size Asgard the size of a human, so we could get a regular person in the suit) We get their hyper fast intergalactic ships that go from Earth to Atlantis in like 2 seconds flat, and their Stargate addresses. They think we are a little premature, but it is necessary for our survival and for the protection of other species. We become the heirs to the Asgard, and become the fifth race, sort of. Oh, and our Daedalus is preparation for their technology, and they outfit their O'neil class carriers with interfaces more well suited to humans. We get some sad discussion from Thor or another Asgard in a wheelchair of some sort, and that's what happens in Atlantis. Hopefully not, but it's possible to conceive the idea.
      Hummm may never even menshion that about the asgard agine but still an intresting story point may be something for the next spin off
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

I think Thor will get Sam preggers and only the advanced tech on atlantis can deliver the baby !!!! Talk about plot twists !!!

Comment

maybe dr weir dies?

Comment

First strike spoilers
            Spoiler:
            It would be cool if Atlantis becames, kinda, lost in space lol
            And cut off from Earth.
            But it doesnt explain how Carter ends up there

Comment

I have no idea what the "something big" could be, but I can't wait to find out. No doubt about that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll be very excited to learn what the something big is.
                It won't be the Asgard giving us all their stuff though, and for that I'm glad. I don't think it'd be a very good idea. Slow and steady technological advancement is the way to go. Like how they found Atlantis, but can't just up and do everything yet because of a lack of ZPMs

Perhaps something like Atlantis having the ability to fly again, then could take it to Earth occasionally.
                Or Atlantis settles on some strange new planet with some interesting twist involved.
                Or they find a new Ancient ship, maybe even the Tria is found again and brought back. We never heard of what happened to that. And I think its about time they get one... as long as it doesn't have a shelf life of 3 episodes like the Orion did
                Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Currently, Atlantis has 24 hours of power left before its shield shuts down and our heroes all die. At this time, there are two "outs" for the team that do not involve a deus ex machina (like Carter or Ford randomly showing up):

They get more power to use the hyperdrive.
                  They recalibrate the gate to dial out.

I find the second option far more plausible than the first. The personnel in the city has already been reduced to the minimum numbers required. If they can recalibrate the gate to dial even one other planet, the can take the jumpers from there. They can stick Weir in stasis (Before I Sleep), and possible even get the jumpers some hyperspace travel (Tao of Rodney). More importantly, they can slowly depressurize the city so that when the shield goes down the city is left completely intact, albeit it drifting in the middle of nowhere.

From there, the first part of season four could be about finding a power source (much like the season one that so many are fond of) so they can get back to the city. They would not be able to dial earth (no ZPM) and earth would not be able to dial them (the Atlantis gate isn`t fully recalibrated). Basically, you have the team living out of jumpers for the first part. They could make contact with the Athosians again or even the Genii, which would allow for a couple of episodes with the team looking for help but having no one able to give it to them.

From there, I would imagine you could have the team run across the Apollo, but have Ellis have orders to consider the city lost and return the team to earth. The team, unwilling to give up on Weir and their home, would refuse and escape, which would in turn require Ellis to pursue them as a sort of Jean Valjean character: not evil, but understandably dislikable.

As Ellis fails to capture our heroes, have him recalled to earth and replaced by Carter who will be commanding a different ship. In the same episode, have the team secure a power source and return to the city. Weir, who has now been gone for five or six episodes, is revived, but the team is still wanted by earth for disobeying direct orders. Colonel Carter arrives at the city, well aware that it does not have enough power to put up a fight, but she has been followed by either the Wraith or the Asurans, who destroy her ship but hesitate to attack Atlantis as Weir bluffs them into thinking they are far more able to defend themselves than they really are. Carter and her crew are now marooned on Atlantis.

The question then becomes if earth is willing to muster the force necessary to take Atlantis by force from their own people. I think it is reasonable to assume that the IOA, which thinks Carter's ship has been destroyed by the expedition, would cut its losses at that point, despite possible objections from military brass, especially considering that earth won't know Atlantis' gate address and the expedition will not be likely to dial earth given what they have done. The chance of the team being captured and revealing Earth's location is greatly reduced and the IOA's ability to stop them without committing a huge force would be similarly reduced.

From there, you can continue on with a normal season.

Comment

interesting stuff imo...

Comment

There is alot of things that could happen ... After seeing the end of SG-A i have my own thoughts on what could happen ...

Spoiler:

1. Wier - Seeing that she got injured from the blast , She might end up going back to Earth and taking a desk job instead ... She also stated that after the FIRST STICK she was thinking of taking a break from COMMAND ...

2. Sam - Seeing that Wier is injured and or could be taking a break form the SG-A , Sam could be brought in as the New Girl in charge of the SG-A teams ... Seeing how she has more knoweldge of Ancient technology , and Ori technology , she would be perfect to take over .. She also have a long Military background and would be a great leader as well ..

3. Atlantis - being stck in the middle of space , with no planets around and they have no idea where they are in space , they might get help from someone or something that is we might be shocked on ...

(A) Could be from an Alien race taht becomes are Allies in the Pegasus Galaxy ... Furlings ?? Never know , would be the perfect time to bring them out ...
                      (B) Atlantis might have no choice but to send a message out for all to hear , Making the Wraith , Asruans and Apollo to race to be ther first to find Atlantis ...
                      (C) They take a chance with a Pubddle jumper and find some world that they might have over looked , They find out that the Ancients at one point used this Planet or Moon like Planet as an outpost at one time ... They find that it has one or a few ZPMs , but with littel power left , they use the power supply and get to this new world they where looking for ...

As for the rest of the Season , Well with Sam on Atlantis and not really knowing her role at this time , its going to be hard to say whats going to happen ... Also with SG-1 out right now , and no word on a 4rd spin off right now , SG-A is going to have to be the show that carries the STARGATE for right now ... Seeing that , Old Allies and new Allies are going to have to be made ...

Allies like the Asgards will either have to have a bigger part with the SG-C and the SG-A in the Pegasus Galaxy , or they will have to some how kill of this Allie ...

Furlings are also one of those Older Storylines that are going to have to make there way to Atlantis ( Seeing how they are the ONLY Allie of the Ancients we havnt meet ) In some way , TPTB are going to have to explain the Furlings and there part of this Alliance that they where in ...

Noxs arent otu either .. Noxs could be one of this KEY Allies that help Atlantis grow alittle more ... They where never killed off , and seeing that they have somekind of Alliance with the Ancients it would be nice to see them help out the SG-A in somekind of way ... Power supply or something ..

New Allies , coming from anykind of way would help out alot ... The best would be the Furlings seeing how they where never found in the Milky Way Galaxy ... Would bring out new storylines ... Maybe they come in are hour of need ...LOL

Comment

i too believe Thor will impregnate sam.

did you see the way he was eying her up while she was eating his yellow cube?

Comment

Maybe instead of Atlantis being damaged something knocked the city out of Hyperspace?

Like an abandoned space station or ship (maybe even a weapon)
                          sigpic

Comment

A space station or ship in sub space?

Comment

I do not hate Samantha Carter, but I hate what TPTB does to Rodney McKay @SG-1, when they are together (The pegasus project & etc), the make Rodney stupid, you know.

I'm Sure, thet Rodney McKay knows lot's of more about ancient technology then Samatha, because Rodney is living in Atlantis few years. But it's seems, that Sam will be "expert of experts" right the moment, when she arrived in to. That is bad :/(

I really hope, that Sam did not arrive in Atlantis... I hope, that Sam is not Atlantis, but it's in the show, like nowdays.

Sam is SG-1 member, not Atlantis.
                              Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Working...
                              X