Filler eps in season 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filler eps in season 10

hey i've noticed that they've put in a few filler eps in season 10 (bounty bad guys talion) this seems pretty strange to me cause you'd think they would be using every ep they have to wrap up the story.....

and in a wonderful world they would have known season 10 would have been the last and planned for it.. unfortunately it was canceled after 200 eps.. I would imagine the last ep or 2 have had rewrites to give sg-1 a good send off before the movies
    sigpic

Comment

Im sure if tptb knew s10 would be their last they would have planned it that way and used every ep. to tie up the story arc. Unfortunately sci-fi were complete ****heads and cancelled it when most of the scripts were already written. Fortunately the last two eps were still being written so they were able to change them to give SG1 a proper send off (although from what I've read in an interview with AT, 'Unending' won't provide much closure on the series).

Oh.... and apparently tptb were planning on ending the series with a cliffhanger that would lead into the first movie but sci-fi didn't want that so they had to rewrite it!
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

Story-wise, it doesn't make much sense. "OOPS, 9 Ori Ships are in the Milky Way! Time to go to my high school reunion".

At the very least, the senate appropriations committee and the IOA would have tied everyone up in court martial hearings about why this was even allowed. For months.

Comment

I wouldn't say that talion is a filler, but i am annoyed with the pointless episodes which lead to no where even though they wrote these before they found out that it was going to be cancelled did we really need to know about cam's high school, is it me or is the series seem to be focused around cam?

Comment

Bad Guys wasn't purely a filler.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

About the time they figured out they were canceled they were already filming Bad Guys, wasn't much they could do by then. I'm sure if they had the chance they would of taken out a couple of the fillers.
              I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                Story-wise, it doesn't make much sense. "OOPS, 9 Ori Ships are in the Milky Way! Time to go to my high school reunion".

At the very least, the senate appropriations committee and the IOA would have tied everyone up in court martial hearings about why this was even allowed. For months.
                But at the same time what could they do against 9 Ori ships?

Spoiler:
                I doubt they would fall for the supergate vortex trick another 9 times

Better make the most of the time we have left before we all get squished or forced into prostrating....
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

10-01 Flesh and Blood
                  10-02 Morpheus
                  10-03 The Pegasus Project
                  10-04 Insiders
                  10-05 Uninvited
                  10-06 200

10-07 Counterstrike
                  10-08 Memento Mori
                  10-09 Company of Thieves

10-10 The Quest, Part 1
                  10-11 The Quest, Part 2
                  10-12 Line In the Sand
                  10-13 The Road Not Taken
                  10-14 The Shroud
                  10-15 Bounty
                  10-16 Bad Guys
                  10-17 Talion
                  10-18 Family Ties

10-19 Dominion
                  10-20 Unending

It looks like we've got 12 stand-alone (AKA filler) episodes in the final season. Why is this a bad thing? I prefer having most of the season be stand-alone.

Comment

Well, technically, Memento Mori and Bad Guys are connected, and so are Company of Thieves and Bounty.

Insiders also leads to the very important "Quest" 2-parter, what with the Ba'al thing.

Comment

I guess "Insiders" would be an arc episode. The rest, I'd call stand-alone in that the main plot is resolved at the end of the episode.

Comment

But they were still part of the overall (small) arc that involved those episodes.

Now that I think about it, Morpheus definately fits into the whole Morgan/Merlin arc, and took us to Atlantis.

Comment

Eh... "Morpheus" was lame. It is entirely skippable.

Comment

The quality of the episodes aren't the topic here though, it's how much they fit into the arcs of the show.

Comment

All I remember is SG-1 dieing of sleep-enducing parasites and being saved offscreen.

I don't remember the details.

Comment

Working...
                              X