Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All of Earths ships ever vs One Ori Ship?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of Earths ships ever vs One Ori Ship?

So lets say all Earth's Vessels the Prometheus, Daedalus, Odyssey, Apollo, Korolev all the F-3O2's, Crouns's Hat'ak, The Orion, all Puddle Jumpers, the one X-301, and the one Hive Ship vs One Ori Ship

Who do you think would win in a fight?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    So lets say all Earth's Vessels the Prometheus, Daedalus, Odyssey, Apollo, Korolev all the F-3O2's, Crouns's Hat'ak, The Orion, all Puddle Jumpers, the one X-301, and the one Hive Ship vs One Ori Ship

You forgot atlantis, I would earth wins. Atlantis's drones would wear down the ori Shields and the Hive and orion would kill it.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Lets say Atlantis can't be used ok
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The orion, jumpers, the hive, and the hat'ak would probably be best for fire, since they all have either a) drones or b) energy weapons. THe prometheus, well - I wouldn't put that in the front line, along with the hat'ak. But all the 304's I would put for point offense, since there shields will hold the longest. During that time, have orion, hive, and hat'ak, along with all the jumpers (with sheilds, rather then cloak) fire everything they've got.

I would except the hat'ak along with 2-3 304s to be lost. All other large ships - damaged/disabled. Even then, i dont know if it would be enough.

We still have no real basis on the strength of a Ori battlecruisers shield strength. It may very well be as strong as atlantis's sheild. I wouldn't put it past them, in fact, its probably a good approximation of its strength, now that I think about it.

So no, I dont think we would stand a chance. With that sheild strength and a main weapon cannon that can fire relatively quickly - we're *****ed

Comment

Orion might be enough because as we learned in 'The Road Not Taken',

Spoiler:
          Drones can destroy Ori Ships. Whether or not they bypass the Ori shields like they do the Goa'uld, or if they just bombard them heavily we don't know.
          Last edited by Battera; 18 February 2007, 10:38 PM.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
            Orion might be enough because as we learned in 'The Road Not Taken',

Spoiler:
            Drones can destroy Ori Ships
            I highly doubt though that an Aurora-Class ships carries as much drones as lefts say an outpost with a weapons platform chair, like the one in antarctica.

Comment

Well, if the Orion was fully operational and carried a maximum complement of drones (and I'm also assuming that it has some other primary/secondary energy weaponry), then Earth might be able to stand a chance, although they'd have to sacrifice most of their other vessels to shield the former ship while it launches its entire payload to hopefully bring down the Ori ship. Bear in mind though that I'm stressing the word *might*, since for all I know, an Ori battlecruiser might actually be more powerful than an Aurora-class since it's powered by a Prior and might incorporate some form of Ascended knowledge into its workings.

And yes, I have absolute faith in all the other Earth-aligned vessels to act as nothing more than cannon fodder, the Wraith Hive-ship included. -_-;;;

Comment

Well, it could still be enough to at the very, very, very, very least dramatically damage the Ori Ship enough for the other ships to finish it of... perhaps. Like I said before, we don't know if the Drones actually bypassed the Ori Shields (likely), or just damaged them enough to lower them (much less likely but possible never the less.)

Of course this was all in an alternate reality, so none of it is 'law', yet.
                You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

With the assumption that Atlantis can not be used, The Orion & our fleet of Puddle Jumpers with drones would bring the Ori ship down. The hive, The Hat'tak, The BC-303, The BC-304's, The X-301 and our fleet of F-302's would serve only as a distraction, and if the Ori ship scrambled it's fighters these ships would be able to take those out.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

We may never know.
                    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                    www.7-scales.co.uk
                    http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by Halzman View Post
                      I highly doubt though that an Aurora-Class ships carries as much drones as lefts say an outpost with a weapons platform chair, like the one in antarctica.
                      Do we even know how many drones are at the outpost??

And if i was to orgistrate that fight, i would have them concentrate their firepower right in front of the main Ori weapon. With all that firepower impacting their shields, at that spot, they might not have the chance to lower it enough to fire their main weapon..

The Hat'tak, The BC-303, The BC-304's, The X-301 and our fleet of F-302's would serve only as a distraction, and if the Ori ship scrambled it's fighters these ships would be able to take those out.
                      I am not so sure. WE saw how easily the Ori fighters overwhelmed the Gou'ald defenses on Chulac, and we don't know how many they lost (if any)..

Comment

It would be hard to say how many drones are in the outpost. In 'The Road Not Taken'
                        Spoiler:
                        the lost city event occured and they still had a sufficient number of drones to overpower the Ori ship. I also got the impression that they had plenty left, as the alternate Carter was working on a new power supply to power the chair.
                        So I'm guessing there are thousands, or tens of thousand of the things there.

As for the question at hand! I believe that we would win. As had been suggested, we should use all of the ships to protect the Orion from the Ori ships main weapon while it launches all of it drones and used it secondary weapons (if it has them). I also belive that the drones would pass through the ori shields giving us a decided advantage.
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

We got to Ancient battlecruiers people. One is parked at the midway station. The ancients left it there for the Deadelus to take them to atlantis.

That thing (except hyperdrive) is fully operational

We would win

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

I am not so sure. WE saw how easily the Ori fighters overwhelmed the Gou'ald defenses on Chulac, and we don't know how many they lost (if any)..
                            I know but there were what, a hundred or so Ori Fighters? And thats against a hive ship, a BC-303, four BC-304's, a huge honkin fleet of F-302's, the X-301, all the Death Gliders we've ever stolen, All the Alk'esh we've stolen, and the Hat'taks we've stolen. I think we would still win.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Well I think that Tau'ri fleet would go KABOOM! We need a Death Star and quick!
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                              The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Working...
                              X