Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messing with the Franchise

HeY.

I'm sorry if there is a thread about this some where else but.

I am of the opinion that Stargate Horizon is a really good concept for the Stargate Franchise but i think that Sg1 and Atlantis should be getting the concept the circle of the Ancients should be in the Milky Way or the Pegasus Galaxies.
    Could you involve other galaxies? sure why not hey maybe you could even stranded Sg1 in another Galaxy like Atlantis for a while.
    Make enemies and such find ZPM's like Atlantis.
    Merge the two series for a while stranding both Sg1 and Sheppard's team for a while.

But for me Ancient stuff is and always should be about Atlantis or SG1 or Anubis even but there is no need to base a new concept like Horizon on the Ancients.

No offence intended to the people of the Show.

PS BRING BACK JONAS QUINN

ADF
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

...if you want Jonas Quinn back, go read Destiny.

I dont think you quite grasp Horizon very well. Or the fact that it's already aired two and a half seasons and won't suddenly change course, characters, or what time it takes place in. Sorry, but if you want to change its continuity, you're WAY too late.

Comment

guess your right.
      but its a virtual series "audio" so you could still mix it into sg1 or atlantis really easily.
      Unless they make it a tv series.
      Last edited by Athosian Death facilitator; 18 February 2007, 09:00 PM. Reason: cos
      sigpic
      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Uh... no, you could not possibly mix Horizon into SG-1 or Atlantis. And there is no reason to, at all. Horizon is supposed to have its own characters and plots within the Stargate universe... not SG-1 or Atlantis's stories.

'Audio?' What do you mean by that?

Comment

i think what they are asking is if you can do an episode similar to "The Pegasus Project" which wasn't such a bad episode after all. or at least have like Samantha Carter come on to help Chase once and a while.

Comment

You're aware of how impossible that is, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i think what they are asking is if you can do an episode similar to "The Pegasus Project" which wasn't such a bad episode after all. or at least have like Samantha Carter come on to help Chase once and a while.
              Because Horizon is set in the future, any crossovers must be limited to small ones (ie Major Davis) so as not to clash wildly with canon if TPTB decide to change things.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
              Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                You got it dude.

hang loose tealc
                hanging loosly colonel mitchell
                sigpic

Comment

I know that this is a slightly dumb idea, and can only be pulled off by a parody episode. But I always thought that a meeting between Chase, and Mitchell would be kind of fun for us fans to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    I know that this is a slightly dumb idea, and can only be pulled off by a parody episode. But I always thought that a meeting between Chase, and Mitchell would be kind of fun for us fans to look at.
                    now your talking.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                      HeY.

I am of the opinion that Stargate Horizon is a really good concept for the Stargate Franchise but i think that Sg1 and Atlantis should be getting the concept the circle of the Ancients should be in the Milky Way or the Pegasus Galaxies.
                      Could you involve other galaxies? sure why not hey maybe you could even stranded Sg1 in another Galaxy like Atlantis for a while.
                      Merge the two series for a while stranding both Sg1 and Sheppard's team for a while.

But for me Ancient stuff is and always should be about Atlantis or SG1 or Anubis even but there is no need to base a new concept like Horizon on the Ancients.

ADF
                      Horizon is just a more polished fan fiction, so you can do whatever you want.

Comment

Fanfiction that takes itself very seriously and wouldn't want to contradict any cannon, I might add.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                          Fanfiction that takes itself very seriously and wouldn't want to contradict any cannon, I might add.
                          So? The actual shows do it themselves often enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                            HeY.

ADF
                            I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'd love to see Sheppard, Daniel, McKay, Mitchell, and all of them on Horizon. However, as EAG mentioned, we would like to keep the show as canon impossible.

Plus, a lot of the ideas you mentioned are good, but Horizon does experience long term arcs of its own. At no point has the team needed to find ZPMs (although they do play parts in our series), we are instead looking for another certain artifact. And as for SG-1 and the Atlantis teams, it would take the series far too off course.

As for Jonas Quinn, I point you to Stargate: Destiny, another great virtual series that features him as a regular.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Horizon is just a more polished fan fiction, so you can do whatever you want.
                              lol
                              go son.

ADF
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X