Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think that it's hilarious how...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else think that it's hilarious how...

so many fans of the show are expecting an X-Men style battle royale where all the Heroes are throwing around their powers and kung fu fighting each other?

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
    so many fans of the show are expecting an X-Men style battle royale where all the Heroes are throwing around their powers and kung fu fighting each other?
    Well when you think about it, the show sort of rips off the xmen but tries to ground them in reality... so the concept of a huge mutant battle appeals to alot of the fans of both heroes and xmen.

Comment

What's funnier are the people who start threads about "What would YOUR SUPerhero power BE" and the people who reply " I WOULD HAVE ALL OF THEM AND BE SUPARPOWERFUL HA"

Comment

By funnier, I mean "I want to stab myself in the face when I read those posts"

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
          By funnier, I mean "I want to stab myself in the face when I read those posts"
          LMAO!!!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh, my friend.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Am I the only one that is rooting for Sylar?
            Visit my Website

Comment

No. I am too.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I hope it doesn't get like X-men. X-men is stupid and boring. Never liked it when I was a kid.

Comment

I reall don't know whether I like heroes or not. It's good as a character based show but the powers have all just been done to death. Every last one of them is shown in the xmen at some point.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well, you gotta understand that Xmen covered a broad spectrum of powers during its extensive lifetime.

Maybe the frustration you feel is that they're not more apparent with their powers?

Kinda like how gandalf couldn't cast Harry Potter magick in LOTR?

I know I was that way when I first saw Heroes.

Comment

I Think They've Avoided Silliness By Not Focusing On Hiro's Timetravel, Or Making It So The World Knows About The Evolution
                      ]

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                        LOL and whats wrong with that.
                        There's no point of having those power and not able to utalize it and with a finale what perfect excuse to do it. Whether people like it or not the concept is taken from X-MEN the only different is that the interpretation and story has been modify to suit a more broader audience. At least its done in a clever and intelligent way that its not cheesy (though there is those rear moments that it does) unlike mutant X, which was very painful to watch and some time insulting.

Plus the cast is doing an amazing job by making it unique and original in its own right.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it is to /should happen since I am both an X-men and Heroes fan. Saying that I have only seen the first 2 episodes and being the case I would be rooting for Hiro since he is the only character who so far has truly used his abilities with his consent. He teleported himself both to the womens bathroom and Times square the other Heroes have not really shown that much controll. (Saying that Hiro did end up a couple of weeks in the future but it was his first long distance teleport anything could have happned.)
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

A battle royale between various Heroes is highly unlikely. Despite the show's similarity to comic books, the settings are very different. Super powers are common knowledge and almost common place in comic books while they are still rare and unknown the general public in Heroes. One premise of the show is that no one has more than one ability and no two people have the same ability. That greatly limits the number of Heroes with abilities that would be useful in a fight. Let's also not forget that comic books are focused on fighting. Action drives the majority of plotlines in comic books. It is unlikely that the show will have many action driven plotlines and even then the likelyhood of an action driven plotline that brings together many Heroes to have them fight eachother in a battle royale seems to be very low.

Comment

Working...
                              X