This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Doctor Ever?

I would go for Tom Baker with David Tenent as a close second (he is soo hot).

Who do you think is the best doctor?
    sigpic
    Beckett: What shall ah say?
    Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
    Beckett: I wish who was here?
    Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
    Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

it either has to be david tennent or christopher eccleston. no one can compare to the new doctors. i just hope they do another 'the two doctors' episode with them in it.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Don't they only do two doctor epesodes when the old one "dies" though?
      sigpic
      Beckett: What shall ah say?
      Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
      Beckett: I wish who was here?
      Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
      Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

Tom Baker, DT and CE really are great Doctors, but they have yet to stand the test of time IMO
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Tom baker is the best i have seen every ep The Invasion of Time and State of Decay are my fave eps

then Jon Pertwee i havent seen all of his eps but some one the best ones i seen were Inferno,The Sea Devils,Planet of the Daleks andPlanet of the Spiders

my 3 fave would be William Hartnell the frist doctor i have seen the frist two seasons of him. so of the eps that i really liked were The Reign of Terror,The Chase,The Crusade and The Dalek Invasion of Earth.

thous are my tom 3 doctors but i think colin baker is underated and McCoy to The Curse of Fenric and Remembrance of the Daleks are some of my fave eps.

as for my least fave doctor that would be Peter Davison not that i don't like him he just my least fave doctor but i did like Planet of Fire
          The Caves of Androzani and earthshock.

Comment

It has to be David Tennant. He can deliver the best one liners, and some of his facial expressions are just great.

Carter: Sir I've been thinking.
            O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you stopped Carter

Comment

Originally posted by crazymitchell View Post
              It has to be David Tennant. He can deliver the best one liners, and some of his facial expressions are just great.
              Don't forget his brilliant monologues that would almost quallify him for an insane assylum, and would make Gollum run for cover.

Comment

Well, it all depends on what you mean by "best" anyhow.

One has to give Tom Baker his due though... 7 years as The Doctor. He's still very popular and I suppose my generation probably identifies him as "our Doctor". He was fortunate with the writing as well. The best stories, I think, did come from his era.

I think David Tennant is terrific though... he has all the idiosyncracies and charm of Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker and Peter Davison rolled into one.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

well thy did have a poll on this...

David was first followed by Tom... then Chris.... Tom and David were close in it too... I think they have the results on David's site..... David-tennant.com.... I don't remember though... oh and David is by far the HOTTEST DOCTOR EVER I'd marry that man in a heartbeat... then again i'd die of shock and hapiness if I even saw him for a second... sometimes I think I have to wear sunglasses to look at that man... he;s hotter and brighter than the sun

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    Don't forget his brilliant monologues that would almost quallify him for an insane assylum, and would make Gollum run for cover.
                    lol. Too true

Carter: Sir I've been thinking.
                    O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you stopped Carter

Comment

Originally posted by neurophobic_and_perfect View Post
                      Don't they only do two doctor epesodes when the old one "dies" though?
                      No. The classic series had three serial storylines:

The Three Doctors
                      The Five Doctors
                      The Two Doctors

In which the present Doctor met up with previous bodies for whatever reason. In the Three Doctors, the Timelords pulled the first two Doctors out of their time to assist the Third in Fighting Omega, a rogue time lord of sorts.

In the Five Doctors, all five incarnations were plucked from time and dumped into the same time and place using a "time scoop" for diabolical reasons.

In the Two Doctors, I'm not sure what happened tbh..

Either way, an episode with DT, CE, Paul McGann, and Sylvestor McCoy would be good.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I have to go for David Tennant. I love that guy.

........By Day............By Night........

Comment

Originally posted by MoonlightKiller View Post
                          I have to go for David Tennant. I love that guy.
                          LOL who doesn't *huggles her Tennant* I LOVE YOU TENNANT!!!

Comment

Hmm.. i finally got my hand on a couple of old DW stuff... Tom Baker is definitel;y great. I'd admit to still liking Eccleston and Tennant better, but I think it might have something to do witht he cheesyness of 70s shows than the actual Docotr (sorry, all you people who wached it when it first aired... you know how it is, watching it fopr the first time 30 years after.)

However I have to admit the first Doctor is also lovely. Well, from the whole 3 episode I'v e seen.

... and while I didn't get tos ee all Doctors, I suispect I'd get support for claiming 8th is the worst?
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Personally I quite enjoyed the 8th, though it takes a couple of viewings of the movie, and possibly an audio story or two, to really appreciate him IMO, though 12 months ago I'd have agreed
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                              X