This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate trading card games due in April

"Genio Group, Inc. will create brand new trading card games based on Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, the company announced today. The games are officially licensed by MGM, and the first series -- based on SG-1 -- will make its debut in April, 2005."

Full story: http://www.gateworld.net/news/produc...94667867,83743,

What do you think?

That sounds like a bad idea.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Why?

If you've ever played a trading card game like Magic: The Gathering, they can be very fun (and a bit addictive). The Stargate universe lends itself so well to that sort of game, with the characters and races and technology.

I for one can't wait!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

*speechless*

wow... If it's only half good as Magic: the Gathering, I'll be wicked happy.

Now, no more pretending my MTG decks to have Stargate Canon!

ME: I summon my first prime Tel'ak for free.
        Opponent: It's a Frogmite
        ME: INSOLENCE! Shrapnel Blast you for 5!

Comment

If it goes the way of Magic: The Gathering or even Legend of the Five Rings, I will be pleased. Those games are fun, and in the case of Magic - addictive.

Overpower though.... not so fun.

Comment

Oh wow! At last,a trading card game I can play with the family !
            (Got to be better than their usual choices....and they'd better not trade any good SG/SGA cards without my permission !)
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

If its anything like Yu-Gi-Oh or POKEMON, then I'll stick by my former statement.

If it goes towards the magic area, then alright, I will bow to your statement Darren.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I can't wait. I have never play the other card games. Then finding someone to play with me is going to be hard.

Comment

Great not another card game!

Comment

I'm torn. I really want the actual cards, but I'd have hard time finding people to play against....

Am I even getting this correct? Do we have to pay to "buy" online starter decks and boosters?
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I hope it's not as complicated as the Star WarsCCG. That was so confusing!

Comment

Which? I found the Wizards of Coast Star Wars one really easy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Stargate Online TCG Beta Test!

Stargate TCG is a brand new strategy card game in both digital and retail form. The game is mostly done now, but Sony Online Entertainment is offering players an advanced look at the online version of the game via a public beta test. There are still things to be done, and we would love your input in making this the best game possible.

If you would like to participate in the free Stargate Online TCG Beta, you need to first Download the Client Once that has begun downloading, you should make sure to sign up for a Sony Station account if you don't already have one. This will give you access to the game and allow you to start learning and playing against other players – remember, all this is absolutely free. Your beta account will automatically be credited with some cards for you to open and start building decks, but the first thing you are going to want to do is play the tutorials and Read the Rules

Each person that signs up for the Stargate Online TCG Beta will instantly be given one of four random starter decks, and three booster packs. Then, each day, you will be given three additional booster packs to open and include in your decks. All you need to do is go to your collection and open the packs to see what you get and start constructing decks. After you feel that you have a firm grasp of the rules, head over to the casual games lobby to play against other players, or meet people in the trade lobby to get those cards for that perfect deck. Eventually there will be other features we'll include, like beta sealed deck and constructed tournaments!

If you find any problems along the way, or have any suggestions for things you would like to see included, please visit our Beta Forums to post about all things Stargate Online TCG Beta. At the end of the beta, the game will be "re-set" and your beta cards will not carry forward into the live game.

Comment

I will definately get me a set, but I'll probably hit it up in digital form, because I highly doubt any friends around me will be psyched enough to even get a single booster pack.

I discovered many years ago through my collecting of battletech, pokemon, and MTG cards that while it is really nice to stare at them, it's much more fun to play with them. (also, the card design reminds me of a certain generic card game setup ala dragonball z and etc.)

I also hope it doesn't decide to set down variables in the cards. That is something in yugioh that terribly annoyed me. MTG was better at setting free card variables which allowed for more freedom of thought and strategy. None of that "In order to use this card/This card can be used on: 'exactly this card' to do this or gain that." bs.

Comment

I also doubt I'll find many people to play locally, but I hoping we'll have groups and competition around to play. I've been playing the online beta and have gotten my head around the game...and I'm addicted. It's really fun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X