PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Doctor Wier? S4 speculation

corky
February 17th, 2007, 04:25 PM
What could happen to her in the 4th season? Because is very close to the beam when it hit Atlantis. She could be in a coma.

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>
February 17th, 2007, 04:30 PM
what happens to her when?... i mean come on you expect us to know what you mean from, what happens to her?

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>

PS dont post stupid questions when you dont give evidence of what youre asking...

J_B
February 17th, 2007, 04:38 PM
What happens to her in the 4th season? Because is very close to the beam when it hit Atlantis. She could be in a coma.

She eats an Asuran hamburger & gets infected with the 'Mad Nanite Disease'! :P

Seriously dude, they haven't even started filming S4 yet. How the heck would anybody know what's going on with her character, or anything else at this point.

Wait until end of April, beginning of May. When spoilers begin to emerge for the first few eps. Only then, will people begin to get an idea of where they're taking the show & it's characters.

RepliHawk
February 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM

LOL

SallyLizzie
February 17th, 2007, 06:56 PM
This question would be more suited to the S4 thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=81).

Skydiver
February 20th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Folks, please, spoiler space is your friend. It is also very, very helpful if you LOOK to see if a topic exists before starting thread after thread after thread.

and when the topic is the potential fate of an existing character, it's fairly safe to assume that threads have already been made to discuss it

VSHARMA
February 20th, 2007, 06:38 AM

Seriously dude, they haven't even started filming S4 yet. How the heck would anybody know what's going on with her character, or anything else at this point.

Wait until end of April, beginning of May. When spoilers begin to emerge for the first few eps. Only then, will people begin to get an idea of where they're taking the show & it's characters.

I heard there’s a McD's in the Pegasus Galaxy somewhere.
The Wraith have a Burger King. But the burgers vary Person to Person

ussrelativity
February 20th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I heard there’s a McD's in the Pegasus Galaxy somewhere.
The Wraith have a Burger King. But the burgers vary Person to Person

I wonder if someone was to photoshop a Wraith into a Burger King promotional image.

jenks
February 20th, 2007, 12:56 PM
"Taking the torch from SG-1 as television's most thrilling adventure series, Atlantis, slated to begin production in Vancouver next month, promises to up the ante this season by introducing a powerful new race, welcoming new cast members and mourning the loss of some beloved friends," the network said in a press release.

Looks to me as though she might die, or atleast leave the show.

the fifth man
February 20th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Looks to me as though she might die, or atleast leave the show.

I don't think they'll actually kill her off. Maybe she'll be so injured she has to stand down as mission leader, but not killed. Besides, I thought she was supposed to still appear in some of the Season 4 episodes.

SaberBlade
February 20th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I would expect them to do the same thing to Weir as they did Bates.

She'll be around in the first few episodes injuried, then ship her back to Earth for treatment and then she'll never be heard from again for a few episodes. Make random appearances here and there and then perhaps come to leading the expidition later in the show.

jenks
February 21st, 2007, 07:27 AM
^^ I don't even remember ever finding out what happened to Bates, shame... he was a good character imo, useful...

Blitz
February 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM
I think she'll stay at Atlantis but be on medical leave/shaken up by what has happened - this could lead to a new direction with Weir either being

1) Shaken/unsure/nervous in her position/life
2) Cause her to become cold and bold against other races.

akbar56
February 21st, 2007, 12:11 PM
I would just like to say that in JM's interview over at the Chicago Trib, he mentions Sam is going to be in a support role.

So how exactly does that automatically translate into "Sam is replacing Weir!"?

Jackie
February 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM
I honestly expect her to be sent back to earth after being injured or outright killed. Beckett was supposed to have "disappeared" and they killed him outright.

vaberella
February 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
What could happen to her in the 4th season? Because is very close to the beam when it hit Atlantis. She could be in a coma.

That or taking into account the glass in Ronon's arm and the amount of shards that had to hit her face... her face is ripped to shreds and we're stuck with Weir no.3^---which is completely unlikely or I would have to stand by the claim this is a space opera. :D

Briangate78
February 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Weir should be recurring, think of Beckett in Season 1, kinda like that. I am sure things will be great for season 4!

PunkNerd
February 23rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
I wonder if someone was to photoshop a Wraith into a Burger King promotional image.

A friend of mine went to a convention dressed as a Wraith, and she ate in Hungry Jack's (Australian alternative to Burger King). She ordered her meal at the counter and everything. Should have seen all the stares she got :p

About Weir: We just have to wait and see.

crazymitchell
February 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Dont know if anyone has seen this on Wikipedia?...

Season 4 is slated to premiere in the northern hemisphere fall 2007. The writers stated that season 4 will take the series in a new direction. The future appears bleak with the incapacitation of Weir and multiple injuries among the senior members of the expedition. With the city damaged, running out of power and drifting in space, cut off from Earth, the Atlantis expedition has to rely on their own resourcefulness to save Atlantis and by extension themselves, from death and destruction.