Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see an ep where..........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you like to see an ep where..........

Here's an idea. What if they did an ep involving the space bridge. We know it takes a lot longer to go between galaxies with it becuase the pattern has to pass through multiple gates over about 30 minutes. So that got me thinking what if for some reason someone dies while using the space bridge. It can be for whatever reason (trust sabotage most likely) but at first they think it because the energy pattern degraded too much between gates on route. This would give us the chance to see the trust again while at the same time we get to know more about the inner workings of the space bridge and even maybe see a more complete version of the midway station.

So what do you guys think?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Well I'd love to see more about the Intergalactic Bridge, but to be honest I've always found the Trust rather tiring. I use to not mind them, and I do find the concept of them intriguing, but that episode in Season II with the bomb (lol I can't believe I'm forgetting the title! :O ) was, at least to me, corny. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it was just rather tedious in parts.

But yes, I would love to know and see more on the Bridge, The Tria (which is presumably floating around it somewhere haha) and perhaps some more on the Trust.

Mitch
    If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago...

Spoiler:
    "I miss Thor..."

Baal: He's tiny - have him squeeze through the bars
    Teal'c: Assist us or I will squeeze you through these bars...

Oberoth: Lower your weapons.
    Lt. Col. Sheppard: [not moving] How much lower would you like ‘em?

[Zelenka gives, in Czech, a poetic description of the rising of Atlantis]
    Lt. Ford: You didn’t say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
    Dr. Zelenka: Security clearance?

Comment

It would be better i it could be done without the trust just because they're from SG-1 but it could just as easily be with the wraith or the asurans if they ever heard about the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Here's an idea. What if they did an ep involving the space bridge. We know it takes a lot longer to go between galaxies with it becuase the pattern has to pass through multiple gates over about 30 minutes. So that got me thinking what if for some reason someone dies while using the space bridge. It can be for whatever reason (trust sabotage most likely) but at first they think it because the energy pattern degraded too much between gates on route. This would give us the chance to see the trust again while at the same time we get to know more about the inner workings of the space bridge and even maybe see a more complete version of the midway station.

Sabotage, yes.
        someone dying, maybe, but not any of the recurring or main cast.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

yeah i wouldn't want a reccuring or main character going either. perhaps a character that's been mentioned a few times but not one that's been seen much. also i think it would have to be several people who die to have more of an impact. a puddle jumper full perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

Just out of curiosity, what would the trust have to do with the bridge.

If anybody was tampering with it, it'd most likely be Wraith or Asurans.

Comment

True. I hadn't considered that. You're right.

Comment

Definitely think the idea of learning more about the bridge is a neat idea. Especially after the concern over it that was expressed in Return pt. 1. What if something went wrong and whoever was going through didn't come through at the right time into the SGC ... an act of sabotage like you suggested. Or something activates with it and non-sgc or atlantis personnel come through. Not sure about the trust part or how it might be executed but I like the general idea of learning more about this piece.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I'd love to see more on the Intergalactic bridge.
                  The ideas put forward are great, although I don't like the Trust very much, would much prefer Wraith, Asuran or Goa'uld tampering.

Perhaps the Wraith could hack into McKay's system and start culling some worlds in the Milky Way. Atlantis could hear about it from the SGC and it becomes a mystery how the Wraith are getting there when there are no Hive ships detected. Then Zelenka or someone could be working in the completed midway station and suddenly a dart comes through and scares the crap out of him Could make for some humorous moments.
                  Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                    I'd love to see more on the Intergalactic bridge.
                    The ideas put forward are great, although I don't like the Trust very much, would much prefer Wraith, Asuran or Goa'uld tampering.

Perhaps the Wraith could hack into McKay's system and start culling some worlds in the Milky Way. Atlantis could hear about it from the SGC and it becomes a mystery how the Wraith are getting there when there are no Hive ships detected. Then Zelenka or someone could be working in the completed midway station and suddenly a dart comes through and scares the crap out of him Could make for some humorous moments.
                    Sound awesome, it's the kind of episode that I would like to see !

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      Sabotage, yes.
                      someone dying, maybe, but not any of the recurring or main cast.
                      I agree with that

Comment

maybe the bridge sends them to a wraith homeworld where humans are farmed. they could rescue them. kill a wraith queen etc... maybe they will find wraith children, who knows.

as for killing someone dont give TPTB any more chances to kill off main characters. it will be sheppard or Mckay next
                        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

so if one of those were gone who would they write stories about?

don't be silly i don't see them killing anyone else soon...

heres hoping

Carter is brought in ep 6
                          Weir is recurring but doesnt get written out and kept as leader when she returns
                          NO VALA!!!!
                          Writers decide hey let's right out writing wrongs
                          Daniel once every now and then
                          bring back Steve!!!! lol
                          Ford shows up even for one episode just so we get some closure
                          NO VALA!!!!
                          See more Caldwell
                          Ronan and Teyla grow a personality and learn to have more interaction with everyone rather than play bit roles.
                          bring in the furlings!! they never explained why the Ancients went specifically to Pegasus... maybe they had allies there willing to take them in?
                          oh and NO VALA!!!
                          The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                            Do they wraith even know of the bridge though?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Do they wraith even know of the bridge though?
                              I doubt it.
                              They could come up with a reasonable explanation for them finding out though I'm sure.

They'd also need to know enough about it to hack McKays macro so it doesn't forward them to Earth... darts go splat against the iris
                              Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Working...
                              X