PDA

View Full Version : Carters ship Season 4 speculation and spoilers

corky
February 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM
In interviews Carter comes to atlantis in her own ship. What do you think it is
a) a new class of ship (that would be cool):)
b) a daedalus class ship (getting abit repetetive):(
c) another class of ship (?):cool:

marty2006
February 17th, 2007, 03:13 PM
probably just be another disappointment like the apollo, really hope not though

P-90_177
February 17th, 2007, 03:25 PM
the apollo wasn't a dissapoinment. just realistic. i reckon it will be one of the current 304's

RepliHawk
February 17th, 2007, 07:25 PM
the apollo wasn't a dissapoinment. just realistic. i reckon it will be one of the current 304's

I agree

Team SG-1*save the show*
February 18th, 2007, 04:36 AM
probably a daedalus class ship although it would be cool if she had a new class ship.

wise one
February 18th, 2007, 06:01 AM
i want it it be the tria

Jackie
February 18th, 2007, 06:14 AM

LOL--what an ironic statement! A realistic space ship that has warp drive and asgard shields.

I believe you meant that it was realistic for the show. But I found the statement funny. I know it wasn't supposed to be. No offense, just found it ironic and funny.

Klenotka
February 18th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I think she will probably have Oddysey. It doesn´t have any commander and Carter had command once or twice already.

ssfblue
February 19th, 2007, 03:09 AM
I think it will be a new class vessel that is aimed more towards a mid-range vessel like the Al'Kesh... they already have battlecruisers and fighters...

Also, I believe Carter will still be a part of SG-1 so having the command of a Daedalus class ship would remove her from her duties with the team....

Either way, I'm excited to see what it is!

jenks
February 19th, 2007, 05:45 AM
I reckon it will be the Odyssey.

Iguana775
February 19th, 2007, 06:09 AM
I'm thinking it will be some ship that is not of Earth origin....maybe the Space Race ship..... :)

Wormhole
February 19th, 2007, 06:41 AM
It could be possible for Carter to turn up on the Daedalus? It could be that the Daedalus turns up they expect to find Caldwell in command but turns out to be Carter.

Chemp
February 19th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I put my money on modified,repaired Tria;)

:sam: :sheppard: :mckay: :ronan: :teyla: :weir: :beckett: :ford:

wilhil
February 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
There are a lot of things that should be talked about, but personally I think that this is a little issue and the fact that it says she arrives on her own ship is a tiny little detail that isnt that important.

I really really hope it is a new alien technology thing or something really big and cool, but I dont see it happen.

I guess we really have to look at the timelines, will this new episode of Atlantis take place before or after the first (sg-1) new movie?

The reason for this is that there will be a spare ZPM on earth and Atlantis is one ZPM short! What I think may happen is that carter just needs to get to Atlantis to give them the ZPM, it is likly that she will arrive on some suped up zpm powered gou'ald cargo ship, or something along them lines...

or another ship, through the long mckay-carter network thingy (cant remember name!), and come out near atlantis to give them the ZPM.

so, I hope it will be big new ship, but it is most likly a very small point in just a way to get a ZPM and Carter to Atlantis.

Dave C
February 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM
if it is new it will be a 304 because they won't pay to build another set

garhkal
February 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
if it is new it will be a 304 because they won't pay to build another set

How's about a 305?? Since iirc someone in early season 9 of sg1 said there was plans in the works for a new class (don't quote me on this), perhaps she could get that..

knowsfords
February 20th, 2007, 02:03 AM
McKay designed Hyperdrive boosted by a ZPM in a F302 imo.

jenks
February 20th, 2007, 02:38 AM
How's about a 305?? Since iirc someone in early season 9 of sg1 said there was plans in the works for a new class (don't quote me on this), perhaps she could get that..

Nope...

Integrabyte
February 20th, 2007, 03:32 AM
LOL--what an ironic statement! A realistic space ship that has warp drive and asgard shields.

I believe you meant that it was realistic for the show. But I found the statement funny. I know it wasn't supposed to be. No offense, just found it ironic and funny.

Since when do ships in Stargate have warp drives?;)

A warp drive is very different from a hyper drive.

Warp drive : a warp field encompasses the ship and it opens a window in the current space time; shields and weapons can be used.

Hyper drive: a drive catapulting the ship in a different space time with the help of a hyper space window. This space-time has different constants and it is shorter and parallel to the route taken by the ship. Weapons and shields cannot be used. The only exception in SG is Atlantis. They need to use the shields because the city has no hull. The shield is the hull.

Back to the topic, I want Carter to come with an O'Neill Class Ship to give a helping hand ;).

Iguana775
February 20th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Actually, I think MTV got a hold of a Gou'ald cargo ship and pimped it out for Carter. Now it has 43 LCD TVs, a hot tub and a mini armory and science lab with 12 computers.

oh yea, and it has a Dish and Sirius radio so she can 'kick it' while out and about.

VSHARMA
February 20th, 2007, 06:33 AM
In interviews Carter comes to atlantis in her own ship. What do you think it is
a) a new class of ship (that would be cool):)
b) a daedalus class ship (getting abit repetetive):(
c) another class of ship (?):cool:

What the diffenece between these 2?:confused:

wilhil
February 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Guessing

a) new = cool new tech
c) another = something we have already seen, deadalus, gou'ald, puddle jumper e.t.c.

CJ-the-ancient-scientist
February 20th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I dunno, i hope in one of those ancient warships...

Artemiy
February 20th, 2007, 09:04 AM
As of current caring about fans, it's going to be either 304 or a puddle jumper...

But of course some new cool tech would be awesome to see. Sometimes I so much hope that we'll get a giant transforming robot in SG... xD But that's just my kink.

Anyway, a good battleship would be great. Imagine Carter flying in on... the Gadreem or how was that race called planet terraformer...! xD

Ltcolshepjumper
February 20th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Its a 304. Be realistic. They wouldn't give her some custom ship. I imagine "her own ship" just means she's in command of it, that's all. And its probably just the Odyssey.

Artemiy
February 20th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Well her own ship can be... The Atlantis. And how does Carter end up at Atlantis - appear right of McKay's subconsciousness (we've seen her there already, right? XD). She becomes sorta real and takes command of Atlantis to save the day. The actual Carter will still be on Earth...

Ain't this a crazy idea? XD

Ltcolshepjumper
February 20th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah. It is.

Artemiy
February 20th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I'm always into crazy ideas.

But anyways you're right, it's 99% a 304.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 20th, 2007, 09:30 AM
You like crazy like Jack?

Artemiy
February 20th, 2007, 09:35 AM
It's different styles of craziness. And Jack's not much crazy IMO, he's just ironic =]

One of the other crazy ideas: Replicarter on the Replicator ship, who somehow survived the Dakara incident (probably by hyperspacing).

deadman
February 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Promethues II

ussrelativity
February 20th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I would be leaning towards another 304, but with a few minor differences.

CJ-the-ancient-scientist
February 20th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I think she is going to have some help from Daniel Jackson to help claiming an wraith (or any enemy) warship to capture it... And once again, McKay is going to be overreacted, and next he'll destroy atlantis :P:P:P:P

The last thing was a joke!

Atlanis
February 20th, 2007, 10:08 AM
It would be sencless to deploy a new X-304 to Pegasus since she has two Deadalus while Earth only has one prehaps a new type of ship a destoryer class around the size of Promeatheous but not a Promeatheous class ship
with energy based weapons so it can fire successfuly on wrath hive ships with out the weapon begin destoryed by wrath fighters

ussrelativity
February 20th, 2007, 10:14 AM
It would be sencless to deploy a new X-304 to Pegasus since she has two Deadalus while Earth only has one prehaps a new type of ship a destoryer class around the size of Promeatheous but not a Promeatheous class ship
with energy based weapons so it can fire successfuly on wrath hive ships with out the weapon begin destoryed by wrath fighters

That would be really good. I think a ship like that with some degree of offensive weaponry would be helpful, especially against a Wraith Cruiser.

Pharaoh Atem
March 13th, 2007, 04:52 PM
well after unending spoilers

the Odyssey got a crap load of asgard tech including energy weapons so

i bet her ship is a juiced up 304 or a completely new ship with all the new toys. :D

jenks
March 13th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Is it supposed to be called the Hyperion? I think I read it somewhere...

freetoken
March 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
well after unending spoilers

the Odyssey got a crap load of asgard tech including energy weapons so

i bet her ship is a juiced up 304 or a completely new ship with all the new toys. :D

Yup, lots of goodies from the Asgard's last will and testament... however, you did catch Landry's remark questioning how long it would take Earth to start to duplicate the Asgard tech.

However, it is a two edged sword wrt fiction. If Carter arrives with a new ship with too many, way too advanced, toys it merely gives the stories more God out of the box moments. Always thought the "beaming" technology did more harm than good to the storylines in several episodes. Way to easy of an out in many situations.

Mitchell82
March 13th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I think she will probably have Oddysey. It doesn´t have any commander and Carter had command once or twice already.
Agreed.

wise one
March 14th, 2007, 08:18 AM
could be an asgard ship

or this

ussrelativity
March 14th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Is it supposed to be called the Hyperion? I think I read it somewhere...

That would be an awesome name!

Arturis
March 14th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Hopefully it will be
an all new type of Earth ship created using all of the Asgard knowledge and technology we gained from then in the SG-1 series finale "Unending". Personally i would love to see a ship of ours with the technology and power to cut through the Wraith and Asurans as if they were nothing. In addition we allso get the planet wide ani repilcator sattelite as a part of of Asgard database, wghich means we should be able to eradicate them pretty easily. But knowing our friends McKay and Sheppard they will probably find a way to lose evey bit of Asgard knowledge and technology we have for some idiotic reason. And if this does happen I say put them out the airlock... punishment for repeated stupidity. Not that it really matters anyway... hopefully Carter's presence on Atlantis will end the "John and Rodney Show" and render Sheppard and McKay's incompetance null and void.

FallenAngelII
March 15th, 2007, 10:30 AM
In "Unending", the Asgard gave us everything that they have and know. The upgraded Odyssey could blow up Ori mothership with a few hits.

So is this what the ship that Sam will arrive in Pegasus in will be like? Will we be allowed to have such a powerful ship in the Pegasus galaxy? Does this mean that to even out the odds, the adversaries of the Atlantis expedition will now come in flocks? 10-12 Hives/Asuran motherships at a time?

Or will they claim that they couldn't replicate any of the stuff that the Asgard gave us? Or will we lose the ship shortly after Sam arrives in the Pegasus galaxy?

Tovny
March 15th, 2007, 10:32 AM
In "Unending", the Asgard gave us everything that they have and know. The upgraded Odyssey could blow up Ori mothership with a few hits.

So is this what the ship that Sam will arrive in Pegasus in will be like? Will we be allowed to have such a powerful ship in the Pegasus galaxy? Does this mean that to even out the odds, the adversaries of the Atlantis expedition will now come in flocks? 10-12 Hives/Asuran motherships at a time?

Or will they claim that they couldn't replicate any of the stuff that the Asgard gave us? Or will we lose the ship shortly after Sam arrives in the Pegasus galaxy?
Only the guys in charge know that.

genius21
March 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM
even with the oddesy were not all powerfull one ship can't make a difference even all the knowleadge of the asguard can't make a difference some but not much.

i think that sam's ship is her design that doens't give much benefit but is build with the knowleadge of the asguard.

Pharaoh Atem
March 15th, 2007, 11:06 AM
That would be an awesome name!

The thor ;)

i do feel that it REALLY should be a new class and with a lot of nw toys ......there just don't have to actually be strong enough to beat the bad guys . ;)

ReganX
March 15th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I think it will be a new class vessel that is aimed more towards a mid-range vessel like the Al'Kesh... they already have battlecruisers and fighters...

Also, I believe Carter will still be a part of SG-1 so having the command of a Daedalus class ship would remove her from her duties with the team....

Either way, I'm excited to see what it is!

If they give her command of a ship, they can't send her back to SG-1, especially if they want to keep Mitchell as leader. They can't have her commanding a ship, with a crew of at least a couple of hundred, then ask her to go back to being co-commander/second-in command of a four person team. Even if she was to be leading SG-1, it would be a big step down.

I wonder if the movies will take place before Sam goes to Atlantis.

Pharaoh Atem
March 15th, 2007, 11:19 AM
If they give her command of a ship, they can't send her back to SG-1, especially if they want to keep Mitchell as leader. They can't have her commanding a ship, with a crew of at least a couple of hundred, then ask her to go back to being co-commander/second-in command of a four person team. Even if she was to be leading SG-1, it would be a big step down.

before would make sense. :sam:

Lord_Sebek
March 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Oh I wish carters ship wouldnt come, the pegasis galaxy is where good/usefull ships go to be blown up.

Peoples_General
March 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM
It'll either be the Oddessy or a new ship.

J_B
March 15th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Given how late S4 will be starting this year, then it's obviously a safe bet that the events happen before she heads off to Pegasus.

Therefore Odyssey will be used in the 1st movie, while the 2nd one could also change what happened in 'Unending'. So at that point, they may not even have the Asgard tech any longer!

So until spoilers come in the later eps after Carter appears, then I'm not getting my hopes up. It could just be a game, give them the tech, get the fans crowing, then snap it away again in either of the movies.

Which they then head to Atlantis & have virtually nothing. So again they'll be underdogs against the bad guys with their crappy nukes & rail guns once more...Here's hoping I'm wrong, but I'll hold off until I know a little more about S4. Probably 'Reunion' will be the one where Carter makes her appearance.

Pharaoh Atem
March 15th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Oh I wish carters ship wouldnt come, the pegasis galaxy is where good/usefull ships go to be blown up.

but SGA is the ship show:D

mlund05
March 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I cant imagine the SGC sending carter off to atlantis for a long period of time while the ori pose a threat to earth, so s4 will probably take place after the first movie. If it does take place after the first movie, i think the ship will be the odyssey, if not the odyssey then a new ship.

Ripple in Space
March 15th, 2007, 07:55 PM
before would make sense. :sam:

I don't think so. They want an SG-1 movie franchise, her leave has to be temporary.

SaberBlade
March 15th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'm seriously hoping for some Asgard, Ancient, Human hybrid ship after the events of Unending.

I think we've learnt enough about Ancient tech by now to at least use some sort of ancient technology, especially if the Asgard were able to get something useful out of a repository of knowledge.

--

For the name Hyperion, I like it. If it is a new class of ship, then Hyperion not only sounds like a good name but also a good class of ship. Hyperion Class, has a nice ring to it.

Ripple in Space
March 15th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I'm seriously hoping for some Asgard, Ancient, Human hybrid ship after the events of Unending.

I think we've learnt enough about Ancient tech by now to at least use some sort of ancient technology, especially if the Asgard were able to get something useful out of a repository of knowledge.

--

For the name Hyperion, I like it. If it is a new class of ship, then Hyperion not only sounds like a good name but also a good class of ship. Hyperion Class, has a nice ring to it.

We've been able to recreate little to no ancient tech, unfortunately..... But I'd like to see it too.

As for the name, I love Hyperion, mostly because I'm a big Angel fan. Though the SGC should name the next ship "Thor" or "Asgard," something to commemorate them.

SaberBlade
March 16th, 2007, 08:29 PM
We've been able to recreate little to no ancient tech, unfortunately..... But I'd like to see it too.

As for the name, I love Hyperion, mostly because I'm a big Angel fan. Though the SGC should name the next ship "Thor" or "Asgard," something to commemorate them.

Hyperion is used in Angel? I like it because i'm a Final Fantasy VIII fan.

But you are right, we can't get Tollan Ion Cannons to work so we can't expect big mad Ancient Satillete weapons capable of blowing up ships in one hit, but I do think we've been on Atlantis long enough to perhaps pick up some technology that can be recreated. Afterall, they did recreate Arcturus on Atlantis so that does show they've learnt something.

I am not saying it needs to be weapons or shields or anything cool like that, but some forms of Ancient tech would be nice be it life support or sensors, those transporters to take a person around the city or even something as simple as controls.

Jimbo-DR
March 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Unless we find a way to produce more ships equal in power or greater than the Odyssey, its not going to be the Odyssey. We won't send our most powerful line of defense for the planet and indeed for the Milky Way itself off to another Galaxy.

I really like the idea of mass producing 303's using the Asgard technology we have, so I'm voting for that.

B O Y S C O U T
March 16th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I think that the ship Carter arrives in will be new, they don't want to send everything off to the pegasus galaxy, something should stay. . .

And with the finale of Season three seeing the floating through space "cut off from earth" I get the feeling Sam will be sent in to find them maybe?

Professor Chaos
March 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Hopefully it'll be an Oneill class Asgard ship or a completely new earth built ship with Asgard tech incorporated. I'm really hoping it'll be an Oneill class one though.:D

mikeroq
March 16th, 2007, 11:10 PM
It could be a brand new built 304 or maybe a new class, since Unending I believe it would speed up the ship building process, and we could have more 304s for Earth.

VSHARMA
March 17th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Hopefully it'll be an Oneill class Asgard ship or a completely new earth built ship with Asgard tech incorporated. I'm really hoping it'll be an Oneill class one though.:D

I can't see Carter in O'neil. I see it the Other Way round. Since they are dating

Mitchell82
March 17th, 2007, 10:10 AM
It could be a brand new built 304 or maybe a new class, since Unending I believe it would speed up the ship building process, and we could have more 304s for Earth.

I see that or the oddesey.

Ripple in Space
March 17th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Hyperion is used in Angel? I like it because i'm a Final Fantasy VIII fan.

It's the name of Angel's Hotel.

jenks
March 17th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I can't see Carter in O'neil. I see it the Other Way round. Since they are dating

Are they?

VSHARMA
March 18th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Are they?

Think so. Not 100% sure????

Gen_J_O'Neill
March 18th, 2007, 03:21 AM
If Hyperion is the name of the ship I wonder what its going to do. Something big going by what JM said in his poem:

"Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction."

On what ship it will be, I see a few possibilities.
1. Its Atlantis, and she comes to take command.
2. Its an upgraded 304
3. Its a new battleship
4. Its a puddle jumper and she comes through the gate!

SGFerrit
March 18th, 2007, 05:37 AM
I expect by the 'Hyperion' comment he was referring to the episode 'Echoes', as Hyperion was a Greek sun god?

SGFerrit
March 18th, 2007, 05:41 AM
I was thinking, does Unending take place at relatively the same time as 'First Strike'? because if so, Earth doesn't have very much time to build a new ship employing the Asgard technology!

mikeroq
March 18th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I believe the SG-1 episodes are before the Atlantis episodes, like: Unending -> First Strike, ect.

We won't see any new Earth tech until Carter comes in her ship!

SGFerrit
March 18th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I believe the SG-1 episodes are before the Atlantis episodes, like: Unending -> First Strike, ect.

We won't see any new Earth tech until Carter comes in her ship!

But by how much? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

s4 opener should start literally seconds after the s3 closer, and Sam would have to get there pretty fast if she is coming to save them, so if Unending took place close to the same time as First Strike then we really don't have much time to build a new, more advanced ship.

Raj_2006
March 18th, 2007, 09:48 AM
maybe she was already building it at the time and then after Unending they can use the matter converter to complete it? :D

SGFerrit
March 18th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I thought it could have already been near completion but was upgraded with the Asgard legacy very quickly, but then I thought we have just had the Apollo like a few days before we expect her to arrive.

TheCaptain
March 18th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I don't really know what kind of ship Carter could arrive on Atlantis in. BTW where has the info come from that she WOULD arrive on her own ship? Do we know if she'd be in command of the vessel? :)

Sounds interesting though. I hope it's a suped up 304 or a new class entirely. After Unending and with how things were left after SG:A's season finale First Strike, who knows where TPTB will take us? :D

Capt

SaberBlade
March 18th, 2007, 10:12 AM
But by how much? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

s4 opener should start literally seconds after the s3 closer, and Sam would have to get there pretty fast if she is coming to save them, so if Unending took place close to the same time as First Strike then we really don't have much time to build a new, more advanced ship.

It's usually hard to tell when the time difference between both. Usually both are set to run along the same timeframe, but episodes like McKay and Mrs Miller and The Return (when coming back from Atlantis to returning to Pegasus) put Atlantis a few weeks, perhaps a few months in front of SG1. Episodes SG1 episodes like Memento Mori and Family Ties could have lowered that a bit, but it's got to be a few weeks between the end of S10 and the end of S3.

jons242
March 18th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I think they should do something to honor the Asgard, like create a new class of ships that have a similar design to the Asgard ships. I think it would be a great way to remember them.

VSHARMA
March 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Hell yeah. Nothing is wrong with the current line of 304's. I say keep 'em coming.

I think they should do something to honor the Asgard, like create a new class of ships that have a similar design to the Asgard ships. I think it would be a great way to remember them.

What are the chances of a Asgard ship???? (o'neil class) I say slim.

Ripple in Space
March 18th, 2007, 05:55 PM
It's usually hard to tell when the time difference between both. Usually both are set to run along the same timeframe, but episodes like McKay and Mrs Miller and The Return (when coming back from Atlantis to returning to Pegasus) put Atlantis a few weeks, perhaps a few months in front of SG1. Episodes SG1 episodes like Memento Mori and Family Ties could have lowered that a bit, but it's got to be a few weeks between the end of S10 and the end of S3.

In my mind SG-1 had to have been offworld during "The Return" pt. 2 since Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c would risk their lives & careers to save Jack any day of the week.

mburrows
March 18th, 2007, 06:39 PM
i'd say:

either a new class of ship that includes massive upgrades via the asgard database we got in 10x20...or another 304 with the upgrades

Raj_2006
March 22nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
do you think Sam's ship will still use earth based weapons?

SaberBlade
March 22nd, 2007, 04:57 PM

Yes. Railguns were supposed to be used as "close in armaments" so Asgard weapons can be used for big enemy ships, thus replacing the need to fire rockets at long distance targets while the railguns can be used against attacking fighters and closer targets.

Unamed
March 23rd, 2007, 04:31 AM
she'll prob just come in a puddle jumper through the intergalactic bridge

Death From Above
March 23rd, 2007, 05:00 AM
THey'll most likely put her in charge of a 304, either Daedalus or Apollo. I would really like to see another, smaller class of ship, something akin to a cruiser or destroyer, as opposed to the 304's capital ship status; something along the lines of an Alkesh, or like the Delta Flyer in ST:Voyager.

Chemp
March 23rd, 2007, 05:23 AM
I was thinking, does Unending take place at relatively the same time as 'First Strike'? because if so, Earth doesn't have very much time to build a new ship employing the Asgard technology!

I think First Strike comes before Unendeing,since Mckey mentions the Asgard,but does not mention them being dead

Mitchell82
March 23rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
I think First Strike comes before Unendeing,since Mckey mentions the Asgard,but does not mention them being dead

Agreed. Though it is possible that she comes on the hgihly upgraded new Oddesey.

ReganX
March 23rd, 2007, 06:18 AM
Agreed. Though it is possible that she comes on the hgihly upgraded new Oddesey.

Isn't she supposed to arrive in "her" ship - I imagine that means a new ship; probably the latest model X-305/306/whichever one they're on now with whatever Asgard hyperdrive and other improvements could be added.

I don't see the Odyssey being sent to Pegasus.

jons242
March 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM

I disagree they wouldn't want to risk the Oddysey getting destroyed before they can replicate the technology to the other ships. I think the Oddysey will be at area 51 for study.

Mitchell82
March 23rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
Isn't she supposed to arrive in "her" ship - I imagine that means a new ship; probably the latest model X-305/306/whichever one they're on now with whatever Asgard hyperdrive and other improvements could be added.

I don't see the Odyssey being sent to Pegasus.

You're probably right.

Jimbo-DR
March 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
The Odyssey is now the single most important piece of ANYTHING that we possess. We need to duplicate EVERYTHING that we can and make copies of all that knowledge and everything else before we do anything else. Odyssey needs to be at Area 51 or, preferably, SGC, being studied and duplicated before it goes anywhere. Once we are able to start producing more WITHOUT Odyssey then we can send it other places.

asgardcmndr
March 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM

I think so. As much as I'd like her to arrive in some Asgard ship (O'Neil class, or maybe some derivative) I feel that it won't happen. I feel the only way Asgard tech would play a role is if the SGC was going to try to use Asgard disruptor tech on any replicators that might be on Atlantis or wherever.

I think that it might be a new class of human ship. It would most likely be a smaller version of the 304 since the 304's are large and presumably very expensive to build and maintain. Also, a smaller, more maneuverable ship may be a major asset to the Daedalus.

PS I really want to see a new class of ship. I love the 304's but I'd really like to see a real human battleship - something build specifically to fight our enemies in Pegasus.

-PITBULL-
March 23rd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Well after watching UNENDING there is alot of great things tha could happen ...

If you want to know my idea o what kind of ship , read the SPOILER ....

Well let me say that if you dont know about UNENDING yet , stop here ...

With all the Asgards Upgardes they have now , I could see that Sams new ship is going to be maybe one of the first ships to have all these tool new toys they got from the Asgards ...

Lassers , Replacators , knoledge of the Asgards and a ton of more better designs ... The one thing it wont have is a ZPM to power the ship , unless they take the Deadalus and round it couse of all there new technology that inside of it .... But i betting her kenw ship with be named for something to do with the Asgards , seeing how they gave us all this great new technogoy and fun toys to play with ...

Jimbo-DR
March 23rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
In all seriousness, the best way for Sam to have her own ship is for them to start churning out 303 hulls and she can command the first one to be fitted with subsystems.

genius21
April 1st, 2007, 04:06 AM
i had a idea after watching some older sg-1 episodes.

they say her ship right i think she was already building a ship of her own and thank to what we got from the asgard (watch unending or read spoilers)
her ship will be better en sooner available.

watch episode the space race carter was all in in that episode and stated at the end but next year....

so maybe she was already designing and building her own ship for entering in the future space race it's also a booster to diplomacy.

techjunkie
April 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM
Considering the time between the 'end' of Unending, and her arrival in the Pegasus Galaxy - with a little fudging on the numbers - may be about a year (probably substantially less). The problem is we do not know how much time will pass for Atlantis in the first few episodes.

Given that I see only 2 possibilities.

An upgraded, new F-303 or
A newer, prototype (already had been in production) of a smaller, frigate-type support vessel.Now that the database and technology of the Asguard are in our possession, likely major design changes will be in the works for the current F302 and F304 production lines.

Assuming the SG universe works in similar fashion to the real world, production on both models would be re-assessed - those near completion would get minor changes, those starting production stopped entirely or massively changed.

My best guess is a hastily modified F-303 space frame.

But, from a fan perspective - we've not seen anything new ship wise in over a year. From the races we've met - some sort of frigate / cruiser seems to be the trend. Likely Earths first science vessel?

UPDATE - Could this be Carters new ship? - Update again, this is likely a 'Traveler' spacer ship (BSG? anyone)
http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/03/march-23-2007.html

This image appears:
http://www.dcreative.ca/personal/newship.jpg

You can see the full sized image here: link (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RgSUcmJLSzI/AAAAAAAACR4/lCU64xSzc6Y/s1600-h/DSC02007.JPG)

My hopes follow that line of thinking - some sort of smaller, frigate style vessel; something already in production that Carter had her hand in at the beginning. Maybe a prototype to be abandoned in favor of the new asguard technologies; but something Carter felt was best suited for this role.

oooooo! I just love tech speculation.

Tech Junkie

Platschu
April 2nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Will Carter arrive with an Asgard ship?

Anonymous #1 writes: 2. What happened to the Asgard Space ships after the destruction of their planet.

Answer: 2. That remains to be seen.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html

Caldwell's 2IC
April 2nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
Please don't give her the Daedalus ! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/lcolcalcn2.gif

Uber
April 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Please don't give her the Daedalus ! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/sheish/lcolcalcn2.gifI think her getting the Deddy is highly unlikely. As I understand it, Mitch might be back next season (depending on his availability of course)...and I haven't seen any indication that Carter would either be put in command of a ship full time or more specifically that she would take his place as commander of the Deddy.

The reality is that she comes in on her own ship could mean a whole lot of things. Heck, it could mean that she arrives in the Pegasus galaxy via a new 304 she played a hand in designing or it could mean she traverses the intergalactic bridge on a small ship she and Siler built on her off hours.

Mitchell82
April 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
I think her getting the Deddy is highly unlikely. As I understand it, Mitch might be back next season (depending on his availability of course)...and I haven't seen any indication that Carter would either be put in command of a ship full time or more specifically that she would take his place as commander of the Deddy.

The reality is that she comes in on her own ship could mean a whole lot of things. Heck, it could mean that she arrives in the Pegasus galaxy via a new 304 she played a hand in designing or it could mean she traverses the intergalactic bridge on a small ship she and Siler built on her off hours.

Small ship that she and siler built, hmmm I like that idea.

genius21
April 4th, 2007, 11:50 PM
i got a other idea.

after the what happend in unending maybe there are several designs in the database that range in size something bigger then a cargo ship but smaller then the alkesh like the delta flyer in voyager.

that they started building if they also use the manufacturing of the asgard then it can be build very fast.

Ravroz
April 5th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Where is this coming from that she will be comming to Atlantis on a new ship?

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Where is this coming from that she will be comming to Atlantis on a new ship?
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/01/tapping_in_14_iatlantisi_episode.shtml

wise one
April 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
the only way she get and make her ship within in the year is that she uses the time dialation device

i really want to see a brand new ship, a new ship with given asgard knowledge now thats gonna be cool

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2007, 02:12 PM
the only way she get and make her ship within in the year is that she uses the time dialation device

i really want to see a brand new ship, a new ship with given asgard knowledge now thats gonna be cool

Agreed. Love your sig by the way.

Telchak
April 5th, 2007, 03:29 PM
My guess, either its a small puddle jumper size ship for peple without the ATA, or they get their hands on an Ori Mothership. The second is more wishful thinking :S

genius21
April 5th, 2007, 10:56 PM
they can build 2 deadalus class ships in a year and no time dielationfield.

now with the knowleade of the asgard production and manufactering is also up so time is relative if more time carter could explain better.

Hawke1984
April 6th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I think it will be one of the following 5 things:-

1. Odyssey
2. O'Neill Class Warship
3. Another 304
4. A New Class Of Ship
5. Tria

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2007, 01:09 PM

1. Odyssey
2. O'Neill Class Warship
3. Another 304
4. A New Class Of Ship
5. Tria

I'd say more likely 3 or 4.

asgardcmndr
April 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM

1. Odyssey
2. O'Neill Class Warship
3. Another 304
4. A New Class Of Ship
5. Tria

I believe there's reason enough for 2. Also I'd love to see the Asgard again!

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I believe there's reason enough for 2. Also I'd love to see the Asgard again!

Not much chance of that since the Asgard are dead

ACharmedAsgard
April 7th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Not much chance of that since the Asgard are dead
We think they are - but some may have survived somewhere.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/01/tapping_in_14_iatlantisi_episode.shtml
That info is from January, weeks before filming began, they might have changed it, especially since Joe Mallozzi refuses to confirm that Carter will have a ship

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2007, 06:19 PM
That info is from January, weeks before filming began, they might have changed it, especially since Joe Mallozzi refuses to confirm that Carter will have a ship

True but I was just answering where some people have gotten the idea of carter coming in a ship.

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM
We think they are - but some may have survived somewhere.

Mabey in Pegasus and some in Ida that wernt on Orilla, but I doubt that the writers will go that route.

Kidwizz
April 8th, 2007, 12:22 AM
It looks like she might not be commanding her own ship... JM says that he cant confirm, a yay or nay... but apparently she IS talking over weir...

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 8th, 2007, 02:39 AM
^ yeah! someone asked the question "can you confirm that Carter will be coming in her own ship?" He said: "I cannot confirm".

The later someone else asked: "what? you cant confirm! Your the showrunner!" He said: "Your not understanding my reply correctly".

So it looks like she wont be getting her own spaceship in the conventional sense, she'll just be getting command of Atlantis!

genius21
April 8th, 2007, 04:03 AM
i think she will have her own ship and he will not confirm that it's more fun to see people spin and avoiding the question so they can speculate.

you can read from his blog that he is a joker (maybe he is the one joker for the new batman film)

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 8th, 2007, 05:59 AM
^ lol, it would definitely be a perfect fit, and a fantasy of his! ;)

ACharmedAsgard
April 8th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I think she may take the Odessey since it's not in use anymore with the ending of SG-1

Mitchell82
April 8th, 2007, 11:13 AM
^ lol, it would definitely be a perfect fit, and a fantasy of his! ;)

Indeed it would. He is a joker in his own right.

Ehecatl
April 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM
If only it were the Tria with Asgard upgrades.

genius21
April 8th, 2007, 12:18 PM
well they already removed weir so to keep the fans of the shows happy they need to come with something that says WOW carter in her own ship.

PG15
April 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
^ yeah! someone asked the question "can you confirm that Carter will be coming in her own ship?" He said: "I cannot confirm".

The later someone else asked: "what? you cant confirm! Your the showrunner!" He said: "Your not understanding my reply correctly".

So it looks like she wont be getting her own spaceship in the conventional sense, she'll just be getting command of Atlantis!

Or, he didn't want to confirm spoilers?

I think you guys are overthinking this.

Mitchell82
April 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM
If only it were the Tria with Asgard upgrades.

Oooo sweet! I'd love it.

ashman2
April 9th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Oooo sweet! I'd love it.
As much as I'd love the Tria with Asgard modifications, I'd prefer Hammond at the helm. I know he's retired or whatever, but he rocked. And I don't trust Carter with something that important, it's not that I don't like her, but we've lost too many ships

jenks
April 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I think she may take the Odessey since it's not in use anymore with the ending of SG-1

That's if it survives the movie!

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
As much as I'd love the Tria with Asgard modifications, I'd prefer Hammond at the helm. I know he's retired or whatever, but he rocked. And I don't trust Carter with something that important, it's not that I don't like her, but we've lost too many ships

Id prefer her at the helm rather than any of the Atlantis crew! They have a nasty habbit of destroying anything ancient! lol

WOW, imagine that, Hammond showing up in the Tria at the final hour to save the day! That would be cool.

Mitchell82
April 9th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Id prefer her at the helm rather than any of the Atlantis crew! They have a nasty habbit of destroying anything ancient! lol

WOW, imagine that, Hammond showing up in the Tria at the final hour to save the day! That would be cool.

That would be cool. If it happens keep Rodney far away from it!

Agent_Dark
April 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Atlantis is a ship :)

genius21
April 9th, 2007, 10:41 PM
no atlantis is a city ship.

Agent_Dark
April 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
no atlantis is a city ship.
;)

ACharmedAsgard
April 10th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Still saying the Odessey

Cam_Mitchell
April 10th, 2007, 04:10 AM
UNENDING SPOILERS!!

I recon it will be the same class ship as the apollo but tech'd up with the asguard tech that they gave them, wait that did survive rite, it has been so long scince i saw the epp.

--Gaz--

ACharmedAsgard
April 10th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Yes it survived

paulschapman
April 10th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Actually, I think MTV got a hold of a Gou'ald cargo ship and pimped it out for Carter. Now it has 43 LCD TVs, a hot tub and a mini armory and science lab with 12 computers.

oh yea, and it has a Dish and Sirius radio so she can 'kick it' while out and about.

Yes, but does it have a space for an ipod?

ACharmedAsgard
April 10th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Yes, but does it have a space for an ipod?
It could be arranged I quess lol

genius21
April 10th, 2007, 10:30 AM
to hear people talk with asgard tech we will be to powerfull and all becouse writers think that and everyone on this forum says so i think it will be a oneill class.

one thing people need to understand is doesn't matter that we have the asgard tech now it changes maybe 1%.

we have the wraith that made the lantiens leave not becouse they had better tech but they had numbers even if the oddesy came to atlantis it doesn't change much becouse we have one city almost no power so no shield. the wraith have about 60 ships and we dont know how fast they can build ships it think fast if they won the war against the ancients.

then we have the asurans that are like the ancients on technology level and seems better in tactics, they can build and repair fast.

ships are needed when earth begon to explore the galaxy there was a extra opening for attack: SPACE and there you dont have much need for a gate.

main travel will always be the gate becouse it is way faster then any hyperdrive will ever be.

so in short we will always be the underdog even with the asgard tech were way behind the rest. and ancient crap is everywhere so other can find and use it to.

and in a blog and somewhere on this forum some had posted a question and got a answer involving oneill class ships.

Gwin
April 10th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Ehm...

1. SG-1 continues with the movies
2. the SGC and SG-1 are still out there although most of what they do will happen off screen

So the defeat of the Ori might give the SGC a reason to give Carter the Odyssey, because the Asgard upgrades will be very welcome in the Pegasus galaxy, but I guess that Landry would be surpised to hear about the cancellation of a show called Stargate: SG-1 and that it has to be the reason why the Odyssey isn't needed anymore in the Miky way. ;)

Astrofighter
April 11th, 2007, 06:52 AM
as others have stated i think it makes most sense that her new ship will be our first gate ship, using ancient, asgard tech built into it, prolly with shields and a cloak built in

that way, atlantis will have this new great unit but its not a huge ship so it wont be that dominant

SGFerrit
April 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Very sorry if you guys have already seen this:o

Amanda Tapping with Fiona Forbes and Mike Eckford (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOytcEz4ME)

Amanda on coming to Atlantis:

"Apparently I have a ship. And I fly there! "

Mike:

"And You fly!"

Amanda:

"Yeah Like an Astronaut!"

Again, sorry if this has been seen.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:44 AM
as others have stated i think it makes most sense that her new ship will be our first gate ship, using ancient, asgard tech built into it, prolly with shields and a cloak built in

that way, atlantis will have this new great unit but its not a huge ship so it wont be that dominant

That could be, or like others have said it could be another Apollo clas ship.

Raj_2006
April 12th, 2007, 10:39 AM
That could be, or like others have said it could be another Apollo clas ship.

you mean Daedalus Class. ;)

JedI Master of the Gate
April 12th, 2007, 07:17 PM

Hell Yeah!
Lets See either:
The HB-305 (Heavy Bomber-305)!
or
The CT-305 (Cargo Transport-305)!

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 07:18 PM
you mean Daedalus Class. ;)

Semantics.;)

Aussie Attacker
April 13th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I bet she comes in the Odessy, with all the Asgard Knowledge and weapons... but she will come halfway thourgh the season, to co enside with the Sg1 movies... that is if the Odessy servives the movies (not likely)
Wat would be sweet if she helps build upgrades for a 304, with Lantian (ancents) sheilds, weapons, engines.....so forth... that would Rule.... but then it would be destroyed so Atlantis team dont TIP the power with the war on the wairth

my 2 cents

Steve_the_Wraith
April 13th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Even if she comes in the Odyssey it won't remain so brilliant for long. The Odyssey is so powerful because it has a ZPM tied into it's power systems. But now that Atlantis has depleted its ZPM, the Odyssey will have to give up it's ZPM

SGFerrit
April 13th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Oh, I still think it'll be pretty brilliant. The weapons cut through the Ori shields in 5 or 6 shots. Now, I know they had a ZPM, but the Ori have ultra-powerful shields. The Wraith have NO shields. We then have the fact that the ZPM can only give certain things so much power. The shields, for example. They were at about 23%, and eventually failed. Yet the ZPM was still at full power. Because it can only give the shields so much power before reaching a limit the Asgard shields on the Odyssey can't exceed. So maybe the ZPM wasn't giving the weapons that much of a boost? If you know what I mean.

But actually, didn't the Asgard say all the upgrades would be tied in to the Asgard power/computer core and not infringe on the ships ZPM? Did that include the Asgard weapons?

genius21
April 13th, 2007, 06:05 AM
the wraith dont have shields but impressive armour thinking about the war with the ancients gives a indecation that they can build ships fast so even if the oddesy is there doesn't change much maybe one on one but those hundreds off darts that also shoot give them maybe a 20% change to win.

but when there are two hive ships then chance the oddesy gets destroyed is much higher even against the ori it was almost destroyed.

ACharmedAsgard
April 13th, 2007, 07:26 AM
But actually, didn't the Asgard say all the upgrades would be tied in to the Asgard power/computer core and not infringe on the ships ZPM? Did that include the Asgard weapons?

Yes the Asgard weapons are connected to the power core as well as the shields

Aussie Attacker
April 19th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Yes the Asgard weapons are connected to the power core as well as the shields

Um, wat evidence do u hav to support that, the asguard say its intergrated with ALL the ships systems, so the ZPM is just BOOSTING the shields and weapons, just a lil off topic now so back on

second idea, carter comes in a new ship, but it has shields like the lantians ie much stronger and the asguard weapons, because they did say in the last ep of sg1, that they want to replicate the beam weapons

ACharmedAsgard
April 20th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Um, wat evidence do u hav to support that, the asguard say its intergrated with ALL the ships systems, so the ZPM is just BOOSTING the shields and weapons, just a lil off topic now so back on

Thor said on Unending that the power was not being deverted through the ZPM meaning that the core was controlling all the new systems the Asgard added i.e weapons and the upgraded shields

Alan
April 20th, 2007, 06:47 AM
All the other ships that have appeared on SG-1 and Atlantis already have commanders so why should Sam have a second-hand ship when she can have a cool, all new ship absolutely jam-packed with all the latest Earth and Asgard technology and weapons.

Sam will want to name this ship Enterprise and get it armed with phasers for Jack. :D

Another reason I want Sam to have her own ship is so that Daedalus can still return to Atlantis with Caldwell in command. I really want to see Amanda and Mitch Pileggi share a scene together as it'll be the first time they'll have been seen together on screen since The X-Files Season 3 episode Avatar back in 1996 (just so long as the scene between Sam and Caldwell isn't a sex scene).

Wraith_Boy
April 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Thor said on Unending that the power was not being deverted through the ZPM meaning that the core was controlling all the new systems the Asgard added i.e weapons and the upgraded shields

Actually he said that the new computer core had it's own power source, so it wouldn't drain anything from the ZPM!

It was integrated into all the ships systems, but it wasn't powering them because right at the end Carter states that they would need to connect power conduits from the ship into the Asgard power source for the blast to hit.

While we also don't know with regards to shields! It looks like they already had the proper shields, beaming tech & hyperdrive previously on the 304's. It simply looks like the standard power source on the 304's wasn't enough to run the Asgard tech to it's full abilities! In 'TSII', it took the Daedalus 4 days to reach Pegasus with a ZPM, while in 'Misbegotten', it was stated that an Asgard ship would take Weir back to Atlantis in a time of 4 days.

The same with the shields as stated in 'The Siege III', when the ZPM was disconnected & beamed down to Atlantis.

There is no evidence or references to the power source supplying power to anything other than the Asgard computer core. Which is linked to all the ships sytems, but isn't powering them!

Not to mention the Asgard ships we know run on 4 huge Neutrino Ion Generators. Most likely why their ships are so massive in size. So don't see how they could suddenly scale their power generating capabilities down to allow them to fit into a little box in a little ship. Yet be able to run the hyperdrives, shields, energy weapons & all the rest at anything near a ZPM.

Put it this way before the ZPM, a 304 could be destroyed by 3 Ori blasts. Yet if the shields were powered by the thing powering the Asgard computer, then it's gotta be something along the lines of outputting the same power as a ZPM. Which I think is highly unlikely!

Another thing is that if this little box is so powerful, why not run Atlantis on a few. Meaning no need to ever worry about ZPM's or power ever again. Which is something I don't see happening anytime soon!

ACharmedAsgard
April 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Not to mention the Asgard ships we know run on 4 huge Neutrino Ion Generators. Most likely why their ships are so massive in size. So don't see how they could suddenly scale their power generating capabilities down to allow them to fit into a little box in a little ship. Yet be able to run the hyperdrives, shields, energy weapons & all the rest at anything near a ZPM.

I see where your coming from however it was stated clearly by Thor to Carter that they had ben working on the modifications for a year. The Asgard could of worked on allowing large scale technology to be downsized and fit into a smaller ship. If they make it so they can store the Entire Asgard History and knowledge in a small computer on a ship- I don't see why they couldn't make their power supply devices smaller, just look at the siza of a ZPM and all the power that contains, so it has been done before

Ehecatl
April 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Tria with Asgard integrated tech.

Professor Chaos
April 21st, 2007, 01:49 AM
Tria with Asgard integrated tech.The O'Neill with Ancient integrated tech.

SGFerrit
April 21st, 2007, 09:30 AM
Joe mallozzi said in his blog recently that we would see something to do with the Asgard tech in the second part of the mid season 2 parter. So I don't think the ship Sam comes in on a new Asgard/human hybrid ship. Though it's good that we won't loose the Asgard knowledge, and will see it used in Atlantis.

Mitchell82
April 21st, 2007, 10:12 AM
The O'Neill with Ancient integrated tech.

How about a combination of the Tria and an Oneill class ship.:D

genius21
April 21st, 2007, 10:27 AM
yeah i asked that question in his blog and now i asked if the asgard technology will be the new bases earth will work from for further technological development and if that will be shown in atlantis or/and the third series.

the first stargate dealt with finding new technology to defend earth,
then they came in atlantis with a database of the ancients but they can't use that becouse it is way out of there league.

so it makes sense that with the asgard legacy there knowleadgebase is the new stepping stone that brings us a step closer to the ancient database so from there it is still a hundread steps more till they can build something from the ancient database.

the asgard database was also build for easy use for humans and if the humans don't undertand they can ask the thor the hologram.

so i think the first new ship will be something that was in the asgard database.

and they can't destroy or remove the asgard legacy.

Professor Chaos
April 21st, 2007, 03:48 PM
How about a combination of the Tria and an Oneill class ship.:DThat would be awesome. An O'Neill flown by an Ancient control chair and some drones in the armory. I've always wanted John to be in command of a ship.

Mitchell82
April 21st, 2007, 05:22 PM
That would be awesome. An O'Neill flown by an Ancient control chair and some drones in the armory. I've always wanted John to be in command of a ship.

Indeed, but not just that think of the size of a combination of those two ships. We could give the Wraith and Asurans a run for their money. At least for a while.

ACharmedAsgard
April 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM
I do personnally like the sound of an O'Neill-Tria Hybrid - however it will take a LONG long time before we could do that.

The fact that Landry said in SG-1 That the president wanted to know how quick we can replicate the technology tells me that the new ship should have Asgard Up grades.....maybe they may keep some Asgard tech in Atlantis to help with understanding the Ancient tech

Mitchell82
April 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
I do personnally like the sound of an O'Neill-Tria Hybrid - however it will take a LONG long time before we could do that.

The fact that Landry said in SG-1 That the president wanted to know how quick we can replicate the technology tells me that the new ship should have Asgard Up grades.....maybe they may keep some Asgard tech in Atlantis to help with understanding the Ancient tech

Possible. I'm quite currious though to kn ow how the Asgard will play a part in this season though, I'm pretty sure JM said something about them being involved in the 2 parter.

ACharmedAsgard
April 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM
He said it would involve their technology - but I don't knopw about the Asgard themselves. I hope to see the Asgard again wbut I don't know

Mitchell82
April 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
He said it would involve their technology - but I don't knopw about the Asgard themselves. I hope to see the Asgard again wbut I don't know

Well the Asgard in ida were the all killed but that doesnt mean that they arent still alive in another galaxy.

ACharmedAsgard
April 21st, 2007, 06:19 PM
Lets hope we see them

Crowly
April 22nd, 2007, 02:47 AM
As mentioned earlier, alot depends on the timeline from Unending, SG-1 Movie(s) to SGA season 4 when Carter arrives. If she does come in a new type of ship, i dont expect it to be super advanced, it might have some Asgard tech, but far from their most advanced model, unless the SGC finds some Asgard ship(s) floating in space or abandoned on some planet. But still they need to know how to operate it, previously an asgard has been on board to assist with such tasks, if my memory is still intact ;)

As for all the Asgard techology database it just gives the writers something to use for slowly introducing new "toys". I think it will take time to understand everything, and put it into practical use. But it opens the door on many new possibilities. And learning their history will take along time, as seen in unending, so we can try to avoid the misstakes that they did. So a major boost in techology level is highly unlikely, imo.

Telchak
April 22nd, 2007, 03:50 AM
Maybe something like these from www.scifi-mashes.com (http://www.scifi-meshes.com/)\

http://www.scifi-meshes.net/gallery/data/504/Scifi01.jpg

http://www.scifi-meshes.net/gallery/data/504/thor5.PNG

http://www.scifi-meshes.net/gallery/data/504/Stargate_Ships.jpg

genius21
April 22nd, 2007, 04:35 AM
a major boost in technological development is not impossible becouse of the way the asgard database was constructed not only is it easy to acces and use (seen when carter found that with some simple tweaks the transporter could be adjusted to a synteseizer)

but things they dont understand or can figure out they can ask the database itself in the form of a asgard hologram like easy said they can ask thor for example.

more likely the asgard database will be the new bases were they will work from.

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe something like these from www.scifi-mashes.com (http://www.scifi-meshes.com/)\

http://www.scifi-meshes.net/gallery/data/504/Scifi01.jpg

http://www.scifi-meshes.net/gallery/data/504/thor5.PNG

http://www.scifi-meshes.net/gallery/data/504/Stargate_Ships.jpg

Cool but put those in spoiler tags. They are really stretching the page.

ACharmedAsgard
April 23rd, 2007, 05:29 AM
Yeah and if you don't the Mods will

Professor Chaos
April 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
That 2nd design by ZakeD would be perfect for a new Scout/Battleship.

TameFarrar
April 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Hi All :)
Just an FYI if you would like to post Large file or pictures it is better to post links to them instead of the picture image or even place them under spoiler tags. This is really hard on our dial up users and even if it behind a tag it does have to load. So whenever in doubt and in a thread that it not normally thought of as a *picture thread* try using links :)

Thanks
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

SGFerrit
April 24th, 2007, 03:21 AM
In the pics posted on Joes blog for Tabula Rasa, the pics of the ship set shows the screen to be orange. I expect it is the odyssey.

ACharmedAsgard
April 24th, 2007, 08:15 AM

Yeah and if you don't the Mods will

Hi All :)
Just an FYI if you would like to post Large file or pictures it is better to post links to them instead of the picture image or even place them under spoiler tags. This is really hard on our dial up users and even if it behind a tag it does have to load. So whenever in doubt and in a thread that it not normally thought of as a *picture thread* try using links :)

Thanks
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

See what I mean :)

ACharmedAsgard
April 24th, 2007, 08:17 AM
In the pics posted on Joes blog for Tabula Rasa, the pics of the ship set shows the screen to be orange. I expect it is the odyssey.
I think the ship will be the Odessey because it isn't really in use after the Ori are gone

Mitchell82
April 24th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I think the ship will be the Odessey because it isn't really in use after the Ori are gone

True, it could be.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I did see some pics on JM's blog of the 304 set. The lighting in the back was orange, like the Odyssey.

Wraith_Boy
April 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM

That may be the case other than the fact that he said in the blog itself from which ship the pics came from:

Still, since we were shooting the interview on Stage 3, I did manage to snap some pics of the Daedalus. Check out the captain’s chair.

ussrelativity
April 24th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Perhaps the set lighting was still in the configuration for the Odyssey. It would make sense, since they are filming "The Ark Of Truth."

ACharmedAsgard
April 24th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Or it might mean the Deadalus has been upgraded like th Odessey

Wraith_Boy
April 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Or it might mean the Deadalus has been upgraded like th Odessey

Or it might mean that they decided to change the colour of a little screen on the bridge to Orange. :D

ACharmedAsgard
April 25th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Or it might mean that they decided to change the colour of a little screen on the bridge to Orange. :D
That's a good possiblity :P

B O Y S C O U T
April 25th, 2007, 03:23 AM
According to JM's recent blogging there are not going to be any new class of earth ships, just old ones with new tech.

And I think that you'll find the ship Sam is commanding to be Atlantis

ACharmedAsgard
April 25th, 2007, 07:13 AM
No he said that she will arrive in her very own ship

meaning she would be arriving at Altantis in her very own ship

Wraith_Boy
April 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM
No he said that she will arrive in her very own ship

meaning she would be arriving at Altantis in her very own ship

Yet that's true! Amanda Tapping has also said that apparently she has her own ship.

Someone even posted this video link here originally a couple of months ago:

Youtube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOytcEz4ME)

ACharmedAsgard
April 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM
That's enough proof for me

PJ01
May 8th, 2007, 02:57 AM
I think the idea of the ship being the tria is plausible, think about it you have a ship with most of its hull still intact, engines that work and presumably shields (otherwise the impact from space junk would destroy the ship @ .999999c) so what is most likely wrong with it? A busted hyper drive, no 'ammo' hence the whooping from the wraith, and a few dodgy systems due to the battle.

So if you added some of the Asgard systems namely a repacement hyper drive (Prob not as fast as the original ancient one), beam weapons (Wont be as powerful as the Oddessy 'cause no ZPM, and probably not as good as the original drones), A new power core to substitute the replaced ZPM (say a basic neutrino ion reactor, again not the best there is but better than a naquadria reactor) and the odd tauri/ancient system to replace the busted ones [like a weak cloak] you would be away with a functioning bitza ship.

Bottom line you get a ship that is 'new', not the most powerful (Asurans would still kick our arse with a full warship) could last a little longer than the Daedelus against hive ships, but not tip the balance like Oddessy would with a ZPM, Asgard power core, a cool database & hyped-up weapons. It would take less time to make than a brand new ground up Asgard/tauri 'super-ship'.

ACharmedAsgard
May 8th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I'm still going with it being the Tria

The Orion
June 12th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I read in a magazine that Sam Carter will be coming to atlantis in her own spaceship. Im guessing they mean the odyessey or a ship with the same upgrades as the odyssey.
Also if she is in only 14 episodes does that mean she comes in later or right away?

jenks
June 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
The first episode she appears in is Adrift, the first episode of season 4.

brains12
June 12th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I always thought she was coming in the Apollo O.o
But, hey, I'm almost always wrong.

Alissa
June 12th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Yes, Brad Wright or Robert Cooper said that she would be coming in her own space ship. But I doubt that it is a ship that is already known to us. Maybe it is a new one.

Womble
June 12th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I read in a magazine that Sam Carter will be coming to atlantis in her own spaceship.
Probably a new class of ships- a Carter carrier.

talyn2k1
June 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Could be that she is in command of a ship but when they get to Atlantis and find that Weir has been injured, she takes command of Atlantis and is requested to remain there by the IOA.

We don't know how long after the movies S4 is set, but it cannot be long enough for us to upgrade other ships with Asgard tech or construct a completely new ship comprising that technology for 2 simple reasons:

1. Having the plans for advanced technology doesn't mean we can make it. You could give me the plans for a Nuclear Reactor but I wouldn't be able to build one. Some of the Asgard tech is as far beyond us as a Nuclear Reactor would be beyond me.

2. Having ships other than the Odyssey with the Asgard upgrades would provide a 'deus ex machina' of inter-galactic proportions. Every time Atlantis was in any danger they could just call in the Odyssey and/or other ships equipped with Asgard beam weapons and just blow any threatening force to pieces. I know people moan about us not getting more power, but if we did there would be alot less drama in the show and, ultimately, it would be less entertaining.
Having the Odyssey as the only Asgard-upgraded ship makes it easy for that particular DEM to be unavailable. imho it should stay that way for atleast 2 seasons.

jenks
June 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
^^ We'll be seeing upgraded 304's in season 4.

talyn2k1
June 12th, 2007, 01:45 PM
^^ We'll be seeing upgraded 304's in season 4.

Where has that been mentioned? Source?

monkey_man132
June 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Probably a new class of ships- a Carter carrier.:lol: Ha thats funny, I think she will definitely come in Odyssey though.

jenks
June 12th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Joe's blog, not 100% proof, but little with him ever is.

Andrew writes: “Are we likely to see any new types earth warships in season 4 since earth has gotten access to all of the asgard's technology?”

Answer: New Earth ships are a long way off. Souped-up versions of our established Earth ships are another matter.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

JDB
June 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Hmm, it should be interesting to see what these "souped up" ships are capable of. I wonder if we will get to see them in the movies at all?

jds1982
June 12th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Hmm, it should be interesting to see what these "souped up" ships are capable of. I wonder if we will get to see them in the movies at all?

They'll be able to do minimal damage to enemy ships before being forced to retreat, instead of no damage.

xtremixt
June 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yes, Brad Wright or Robert Cooper said that she would be coming in her own space ship. But I doubt that it is a ship that is already known to us. Maybe it is a new one.

Maybe its an asgard one Wooohooo :D

The Orion
June 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM
With that matter creater thing Carter talked about to make air and her Cello :) wouldn't they just be able to put the plans into the comp for the asgard weapons and have duplicates made. i mean earth really needs some fire power with two superpowerful enemies out there and maybe a third to come in season 4

JDB
June 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
With that matter creater thing Carter talked about to make air and her Cello :) wouldn't they just be able to put the plans into the comp for the asgard weapons and have duplicates made. i mean earth really needs some fire power with two superpowerful enemies out there and maybe a third to come in season 4

Is this something that we have seen them use before?

The Orion
June 13th, 2007, 08:35 PM
yea she used it to create her cello in "Unending"

also as the thread was moved i've been reading it and i think that the new ship will be named after a god as Promtheus, Odyssey and Apollo are Greek gods names. Maybe Artemis or Ares or Poseidon.

Mitchell82
June 13th, 2007, 08:37 PM

also as the thread was moved i've been reading it and i think that the new ship will be named after a god as Promtheus, Odyssey and Apollo are Greek gods names. Maybe Artemis or Ares or Poseidon.

Someone said in another thread that she won't be coming in her own ship but one we already have likely the Deadalus or Odessey.

ashman2
June 14th, 2007, 05:00 AM

Odysseus was not a God, he was King of Ithaca, often characterised by Homer as 'God-like' or 'illustrious' but he was not a God. Secondly, the Odyssey was the name given to his travels after the Trojan War.

Sorry, not a God

The Orion
June 14th, 2007, 11:21 AM
omg i really could care less. lol. but most of their ships are named after ancient gods

the new ship should be called Legacy with all the asgard upgrades

jenks
June 14th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Actually, wasn't Apollo the only one who was actually a god?

The Orion
June 14th, 2007, 12:15 PM
So was Prometheus he gave humans fire.

jenks
June 14th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I thought he was a Titan?

Alissa
June 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Prometheus was one of the giants and as far as I know they were a species that either lived before the gods or coexisted with the gods, but I have to look it up to be sure.

Apollo really was a god.

Here is an article about Prometheus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus

JDB
June 15th, 2007, 08:39 AM

IMO Artemis or Ares would be good, but , the name of the God of The Sea seems kind of weird for a spacship

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 09:45 AM
IMO Artemis or Ares would be good, but , the name of the God of The Sea seems kind of weird for a spacship

Poseidon could work in the same way the Greek tragedy worked. I have nothing against USS Poseidon. Just hope they dont start giving typical American names like : Stealth Tank, Flashlight, Lucky Charm, Desert Eagle , Desert Storm, etc.

One thing would kill Rodney. Sam having a ship with her own name ;). Guess the first ship he will discover he will name it "USS Meredith" :D. I kinda fancied this trick with the Asgard. "The Daniel Jackson, The O'Neill".

They should name it like this : "The Samanda Carter" :D

On a more serious note, I would choose a name related to the Asgard.

Alan
June 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM
On a more serious note, I would choose a name related to the Asgard.

I like that idea. Why not name the ship U.S.S. Thor?

irn/bru
June 15th, 2007, 12:41 PM

it was mentioned about mid season s4

cool349
June 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
what about a new class off ship whit all off the asgard legacy technoligy in it that would be cool:sam:

Mitchell82
June 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I like that idea. Why not name the ship U.S.S. Thor?

How about the USS Orilla? Be a great homage to their memory.

The_Fifth
June 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
maybe is a russian ship ?
Armstrong maybe ?

lvlister2005
September 4th, 2007, 04:47 AM
From what I have been reading and looking at Joe Mallozzi's posts I have deduced that Carters 'new' ship may be an Asgard ship, that they may have salvaged or even made a hybrid one from the Asgard knowledge base with human elements such as rail runs and hangers.

If the Asgard ships dont have them for 302's it may be a new smaller class of ship than the O'Neill or the Daniel Jackson, this is the only ship i can think of that would be able to detect atlantis and be able to ready from the local timing of the shows or maybe she will have built her own or 'boinked Baal' and nicked his mothership lol.

PG15
September 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
From Gateworld:

"Lifeline"
Colonel Sheppard and his team embark on a risky mission to steal a Z.P.M. power module from the Replicators. Samantha Carter and the Apollo race against time to find the missing city of Atlantis.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/08/preliminary_schedule_for_iatlant.shtml

I hope nobody got their hopes up...

s09119
September 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
From Gateworld:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/08/preliminary_schedule_for_iatlant.shtml

I hope nobody got their hopes up...

Somehow, I knew that was coming...

The Apollo probably contacts Earth via Midway when the city fails to appear, so Carter comes through a nearby gate and takes command of the Apollo.

genius21
September 6th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Somehow, I knew that was coming...

The Apollo probably contacts Earth via Midway when the city fails to appear, so Carter comes through a nearby gate and takes command of the Apollo.

that says really nothing only that her own ship maybe something the size of the delta flyer from voyager she could have used her ship to come where the apollo is (possible above the old ancient world) and she docks with the apollo.

it's time they come with different design and size for ships you can't fight a war with one type size and design.

and the new world they settle atlantis on needs a shipyard under ground.

Mitchell82
September 7th, 2007, 03:39 PM
that says really nothing only that her own ship maybe something the size of the delta flyer from voyager she could have used her ship to come where the apollo is (possible above the old ancient world) and she docks with the apollo.

it's time they come with different design and size for ships you can't fight a war with one type size and design.

and the new world they settle atlantis on needs a shipyard under ground.

I doubt that. JM has debunked the her own ship thing. Most likely she comes on the apollo. Most likely the Midway is already complete and she comes there and gets picked up by the Apollo.

JSPuddlejumper
September 9th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah, it is the Apollo.

Carter should have come on a new 305, a destroyer class Earth vessle (1000 meters of utter destruction, latest Asgard stuff build into it).

s09119
September 9th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it is the Apollo.

Carter should have come on a new 305, a destroyer class Earth vessle (1000 meters of utter destruction, latest Asgard stuff build into it).

That's impossible, considering Unending occurs mere days before First Strike.

PG15
September 9th, 2007, 10:47 AM
And the ship would be completely fanboy-craptacular.

Please, say no to DSC-Fanboi-Wetdream

Mitchell82
September 9th, 2007, 01:57 PM
And the ship would be completely fanboy-craptacular.

Please, say no to DSC-Fanboi-Wetdream

Agreed. A new ship at this point is impractable as well as being fanboy related would mean one of two things. It'd be a really big peice of crap or a really cool new ship that gets blown up.

mikeroq
September 25th, 2007, 07:21 PM
"That's impossible, considering Unending occurs mere days before First Strike."

No, Unending occurs before the movies, and the movies occur before First Strike.

Vala_M
September 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I knew it! I knew that she wouldn't have her own ship, I don't know why so many people believe that and why people thought that Atlantis was getting the Odyssey's ZPM. I knew it! Why was that false info ever given out to begin with? The part about Carter's ship that is.

Vala,

Ripple in Space
September 25th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I knew it! I knew that she wouldn't have her own ship, I don't know why so many people believe that and why people thought that Atlantis was getting the Odyssey's ZPM. I knew it! Why was that false info ever given out to begin with? The part about Carter's ship that is.

Vala,

They were confused because no one realized that Mallozzi would give Carter the ability to fly in space/hyperspace when she really concentrates. Oops maybe I should've put that in spoilers.

RealmOfX
September 25th, 2007, 11:06 PM
<snip>
JM has debunked the her own ship thing.

I hadn't heard that, do you know when/where he did?
Oh wait a minute, are you referring to when he corrected someone who said that she would command her own ship?

Does anyone know in which episode that Sam arrives as the commander of Atlantis? That could put another twist on the whole "she arrives in her own ship" thing.

It's possible that as genius21 said

<snip>
that her own ship maybe something the size of the delta flyer from voyager
and once they get the intergalactic bridge working again that is how Sam gets to Atlantis the second time.

IcyNeko
September 26th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Everyone who keeps fandrooling and speculating that the "new ship" will have the legacy weapons and upgrades....

yeah, that'll work.

Because we've seen how the Ori have managed to find and engage the Odyssey every time they were using the new asgard core. Since they got every one of the new upgrades, they've been trackable. So.... that would be a great reason to slap it on the next ship to go to Pegasus, so that the Ori can start origin in Pegasus.

Brilliant.

Just Brilliant.

kymeric
September 26th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Theyve had gateships for a long freaking time now, and theyve got mini hyperdrives. Its high time they made human built hyperdrive capable gateships. Maybe be ironic and call them GATESHIPS. Hahahahaha.

PG15
September 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Everyone who keeps fandrooling and speculating that the "new ship" will have the legacy weapons and upgrades....

yeah, that'll work.

Because we've seen how the Ori have managed to find and engage the Odyssey every time they were using the new asgard core. Since they got every one of the new upgrades, they've been trackable. So.... that would be a great reason to slap it on the next ship to go to Pegasus, so that the Ori can start origin in Pegasus.

Brilliant.

Just Brilliant.

You're right, it IS brilliant, considering how Adrift takes place AFTER The Ark of Truth as confirmed by Joe Mallozzi, during which the Ori storyline will be finished off for good.

So very brilliant.

IcyNeko
September 27th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I am glad we are in agreement. :D

Also, that shouldn't be true. :P If it was, why would the Apollo come without asgard weapons? It should have gotten the same refit as the cartermobile.

wise one
September 27th, 2007, 10:55 AM
if the ori movie have finished before adift and the apollo getting little asgard upgardes...

then i think the oddesey might have been desytroyed and earth only studied the asgard database before sometime it went to the roi galaxy....giving speculated reason why the 304 havent been given huge advancements..

if not that then they havent figured out how to biuld or copy the asgard tech enough...

Integrabyte
September 27th, 2007, 02:21 PM
You're right, it IS brilliant, considering how Adrift takes place AFTER The Ark of Truth as confirmed by Joe Mallozzi, during which the Ori storyline will be finished off for good.

So very brilliant.

Indeed convert the Wraith and the Asurans :D.