This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1: The DVD Collection

I've had a quick skim through the forums and I couldn't see anything about this so i'm sorry if its been posted before.

I was just sitting at my friends house and she turned on the tv just as an advert for the Stargate DVD collection came on so I ran as fast as I could down to the newsagents and brought it

Its a great magazine collection that comes with DVD'sof the whole series with 3 episodes on each Starting with Enemy Within.
    And if you subscribe you get a free watch, a ringbinder Stargate The Movie and Children of the Gods on DVD.

Only problem is after the first magazine which is £3.99 the rest are £7.99 and if you a;read have all the other DVD's like I have its kind of a waste of money

Just thought i'd let you all know..
    Its in the UK BTW don't know if its in the US too

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

I was really excited when my mum told me this! She'd seen the ad and told me about it. I was SO disappointed when I read this post though. I've got the DVDs already (apart from Season 7) so they're kinda useless to me. Why can't they do the magazine seperately?
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I don't know
      I went to buy the first one cause I hadn't really paid much attention to the advert cause I was so shocked to see Stargate actually being advertised on Channel 4 and all I heard was 'At your local newsagents now!' so I ran straight out to get it

When I found out and got home I did e-mail the publishers of the mag to ask if there would be any possible way to get just the magazine for a reduced price as I already have to DVD's but they haven't replied just yet
      Maybe if you send an e-mail too they will realise that quite a lot of fans already have the DVD's and that they would benefit more from selling the mags separate...
      their site is www.stargatedvd.co.uk

But the magazine is great IMO its got stuff about the mythology,science,technology, a whole Goa'uld Heirachy and a really cool pull out poster thing of how the stargate works with a diagran of the Stargate and a list of all the glyphs down either side, it looks cool so i'm going to put it on the wall in my bedroom

When/if I get a reply from them i'll let you know what they say.

but my mum says it would probably be better for me to wait for the official Stargate mag to come out in October cause that will probably have quite a lot of the stuff in, but i'm not sure

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Oh your GOD....to quote Bender from Futurama.

I SO want this magazine! I'm gonna email them every day if need be

Is there another magazine coming out then? Kinda greedy wouldn't you say?

Also its kinda stupid doing this DVD mag thing cos everyone has the DVDs seeing as its the only major merchandise available!
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
          Oh your GOD....to quote Bender from Futurama.

I SO want this magazine! I'm gonna email them every day if need be

Is there another magazine coming out then? Kinda greedy wouldn't you say?

Also its kinda stupid doing this DVD mag thing cos everyone has the DVDs seeing as its the only major merchandise available!
          Yeah apparently in October there is an Official Stargate Magazine coming out, I think the october date is for the U.S but it might be the U.K too..i'd have tho check that out.

And I agree about the DVD magazine, it is a stupid idea cause i'm betting that at least 65% of Stargate fans have got at least one season's worth of DVD's.

But I think i'm going to be able to cope with just the first issue cause this seems to have the best stuff in. I'll wait to see what kind of stuff the Official mag has in it, hopefully it will be better than these ones Cause that ones cheaper too only £4.99 per fortnight not £7.99

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

I just had a look on the Titan UK website and they've got the Official Stargate magazine on there. They say it comes out in October and you can subscribe for 6 issues and pay £18.90 and you save 10% apparently. Well, I did a wee calculation and that amounts to less than £3.50 an issue. Hopefully this won't change because I don't like paying a lot of money for magazines

Comment

I just had a look on the Titan UK website and they've got the Official Stargate magazine on there. They say it comes out in October and you can subscribe for 6 issues and pay £18.90 and you save 10% apparently. Well, I did a wee calculation and that amounts to less than £3.50 an issue. Hopefully this won't change because I don't like paying a lot of money for magazines
              Same here, If it wasn't Stargate I wouldn't be willing to pay any more that £2.00 for it especially fortnightly but it is Staragte and I love it so if it does stay at £3.50 then I think I could cope with that. And its good considering I was willing to pay £4.99 for it, at least i'm saving some...

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

I'm just amazed that they've decided to do this so late in the series. I mean, its been out since 1997 so why didn't they start after that? Or at least a few years ago! Whilst they're at it they can get some more Stargate merchandise out. I want an O'Neill and Sam doll! They'd best talk as well....

Comment

I'm just amazed that they've decided to do this so late in the series. I mean, its been out since 1997 so why didn't they start after that? Or at least a few years ago! Whilst they're at it they can get some more Stargate merchandise out. I want an O'Neill and Sam doll! They'd best talk as well....
                  I know its stupid really, but i'm also glad they didn't start it in '97 cause I only found out about Stargate in 2000 so I would of missed everything

But I really do want more merchandise to be brought out for Stargate..it seems to be going on the right track with the Game and these mags coming out but like you I want action figuires!! and I want my own lifesize Jack and a Stargate for in my garden

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

I bought the 1st issue of the DVD Collection last Friday,for my best friend and her Hubby. (I snuck a quick read,naturally,as there was only one copy left ! )
                    She'll probably subscribe,as although she adores SG-1,she's never got around to getting the vids etc.
                    I'll probably subscribe to the Official Mag,as I've got the first 6 series on vid,and I'm upgrading to DVD.(So far only S1,but I'll get the rest soon I hope ! )
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                    X