PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Lucius in Season 4 if...

PG15
February 16th, 2007, 04:25 PM
...in it, he dies a horrible, horrible, R-rated death?

Well? ;)

EDIT: Despite what you think, I actually like him. Just thought this might make for an interesting thread.

Adria
February 16th, 2007, 04:28 PM
NO!!!! I like Lucius!!!

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'm sure most won't agree but no I don't want him to die I like Lucius and hope he is in season 4.

bnza8
February 16th, 2007, 04:37 PM
hehe, i like the mischief that always gets himself into and than he has to pay back all his mistakes. sounds a bit like me.

PG15
February 16th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Heh, I guess I should've put a disclaimer in the first post. I shall do that now.

I like Lucius, despite this thread. I love his humor, and I don't find him annoying in the least. I just thought this would make an interesting thread, to see how people felt about him.

There was no need for the redding. ;)

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Heh, I guess I should've put a disclaimer in the first post. I shall do that now.

I like Lucius, despite this thread. I love his humor, and I don't find him annoying in the least. I just thought this would make an interesting thread, to see how people felt about him.

There was no need for the redding. ;)

People love that little red button don't they? I agree on your points an understood your post.

SallyLizzie
February 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
While I do actually find Irresistible/Irresponsible funny, I have to say, dear god, NO! :p

Two eps is plenty enough for me. Unless he goes through some drastic change (the way Vala evolved in SG1 - and in NO WAY do I want Lucius to become a regular character, lol) it's going to get real old, real quick.

I don't know if I could go through another episode of that, even if Ronon does "hunt him down, hang him from a tree, and cut off his -" ;) :p

Skydiver
February 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
i would rather that the character just be brushed under a rug and that they'd pretend that he never existed.

why compound insult to insult to injury

Casanova
February 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM

ONLY if he dies a horrible, horrible R-rated death. He was the only thing that was wrong with Season 3.

Uber
February 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM
i would rather that the character just be brushed under a rug and that they'd pretend that he never existed.

why compound insult to insult to injuryAgreed.

Please. Never. Again.

jonno
February 16th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yes. So long as the death is in the opening teaser of an episode. And he doesn't speak a word.

Otherwise, let his name or face never appear again. Please.

[PS, that's all IMO. It's rare i never find a redeeming quality in a character. He's the exception]

tears of blood
February 16th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Well? ;)

EDIT: Despite what you think, I actually like him. Just thought this might make for an interesting thread.

Personally, since hes been a fairly underwhelming guy, to the mass public, he would be much better revisted when he changes his ways,and the team happens to visit a planet of which hes settled down on, maybe with a wife, but not to make him the focus of the episode.. well unless theirs something important on this "planet" and he grows a backbone and actually helps, then, the episode ideally should end naturally with the character now resolved and not worthy of a mention again.

that way he neither dies, nor gets forgotten, but instead.. is resolved.

Ripple in Space
February 16th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Nope. I liked "Irresponsible," but I found "Irresistible" to be very boring. 2 eps is more than enough for Lucius. Maybe he can come back in S6.

akren
February 16th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Personally, whilst the episodes starring Lucius were funny & humorious, I dislike this character, & IMHO, he should not be appearing in any more SGA episodes. SGA has suffered enough with Carson's needless & pointless death, the bad writing & reducing Elizabeth to re-occuring.

IMHO, they need to fucs more oncharacter development & real stories (involving the Wraith more or seeing a Wraith/Asuran confrontation would be good IMHO! :D); as, whlist I love STARGATE as a whole & like both SG-1 & SGA, SGA's over all plot lines & viewing has, IMHO, been quite crappy as of late.

if needs be, they can bring him back in another season & see 'how things have gone', etc; but not for the foreseeable future, please. . .

Austinfan316
February 16th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Personally, since hes been a fairly underwhelming guy, to the mass public, he would be much better revisted when he changes his ways,and the team happens to visit a planet of which hes settled down on, maybe with a wife, but not to make him the focus of the episode.. well unless theirs something important on this "planet" and he grows a backbone and actually helps, then, the episode ideally should end naturally with the character now resolved and not worthy of a mention again.

that way he neither dies, nor gets forgotten, but instead.. is resolved.

I guess I could settle for that, BUT, I would rather them hold off on him for season four I suppose.. For some reason, I find him extremely annoying, his voice, and his actions, lol.. I guess he does a good job for his character, so I'll give him that..

I guess ideally, I'd want them to spend maybe the first 4-5 eps getting the city safe and secure, then the rest of the season dealing with the Wraith, the Asurans, and Michaels creatures.. Honestly, I just don't see them finding time to explore old towns and "waste time", with the amount of enemies they've acquired.. So, I guess we'll just wait and see!

SaberBlade
February 16th, 2007, 09:05 PM

Well? ;)

Yes, I would, however seeing him get spaced or fed on by a Wraith would be equally appealing. Or at least have Sheppard put a bullet in him, or do a recon and put Lucius in Kolya's place (time travel can be good for something)

Metonic
February 16th, 2007, 09:35 PM

Well? ;)

lucious was a pimp... He should be back, as like... idk fooling the wraith into beleiving he was a god

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2007, 10:24 PM
lucious was a pimp... He should be back, as like... idk fooling the wraith into beleiving he was a god

Now that would be hilarious seeing the Wraith bow down before him.

Gen_J_O'Neill
February 17th, 2007, 12:27 AM
IMHO, they need to fucs more oncharacter development & real stories (involving the Wraith more or seeing a Wraith/Asuran confrontation would be good IMHO! :D); as, whlist I love STARGATE as a whole & like both SG-1 & SGA, SGA's over all plot lines & viewing has, IMHO, been quite crappy as of late.

if needs be, they can bring him back in another season & see 'how things have gone', etc; but not for the foreseeable future, please. . .

Agreed!

I liked 'Irresponsible' but hated 'Irresistible'. I don't actually mind the character, it just depends on the story he is involved in.

That said I think two episodes in one season was a little too much. They should wait at least a season before revisiting him.

MB.Eddie
February 17th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Lucius is supposed to provide comedy. Killing him violently would not go with the purpose of his character.

I hope we see him for no more than 2 eps in season 4, as that was plenty in season 3 imo...

Platschu
February 17th, 2007, 12:47 AM
No, 2 episode was enough. Lucius wasn't so funny as TPTB wanted. :o I would like to laugh with the heroes and I won't be happy how Lucius torture and bore them. ;)

Commander Ivanova
February 17th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I wasn't keen on Lucius but don't want to see the guy made into toast. I'd rather just not have him back. At all. Ever.

FallenAngelII
February 17th, 2007, 01:02 AM

Well? ;)

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Klenotka
February 17th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I don´t want to see him. I liked first half of Irresestible bc of nice interaction between Rodney and Shepp. I hated Irresponsible for making idiot from McKay and for "interaction" between Shepp and Lucius. This guy was incredibly annoying. I didn´t mind in Irresistible bc he seemed kind of dangerous bc of his selfishness but then....
Irresponsible was the worst episode ever. He wasn´t funny, just annoying.
And if he should return, then die, yes. It wouldn´t have to be on screen or some violent death (even if I wish otherwise:P ) just simply say "oh, Lucius? He is dead."
I don´t want to see him any more.

Linzi
February 17th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Have to say, as much as I enjoyed Irresistible in places, by Irresponsible I sort of wanted to drown him! However, being a non-violent person, I wouldn't want him to die. So, I hope Lucius disappears never to be heard of again...

marty2006
February 17th, 2007, 02:33 AM
NO!!!! I like Lucius!!!

MY GOD! The quicker hes gone the better, cannot stand him.

doylefan22
February 17th, 2007, 02:40 AM
I actually quite liked the first of his two episodes because I found it incredibly creepy and that made good TV. There was some humour in it definitely but I think there's was also something incredibly unsettling about seeing our regulars like that which I enjoyed. I think they really played well on what Sheppard was going through, his isolation and how worried he was with seeing all this happening around him. It also made it seem like he was in real danger at times. Yes Lucius was annoying but that was kind of the point of the character so that didn't bother me.

I don't think his second episode was as strong. It probably would have been better to have left the character at one episode.

Boxytheboxed
February 17th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Id be fine with 1 in the second half of season 4. I hated irresistable, but enjoyed irresponsible

Falcon Horus
February 17th, 2007, 05:42 AM

ONLY if he dies a horrible, horrible R-rated death. He was the only thing that was wrong with Season 3.

Hell yes, and what would be the best in that...They mention he died a horrible death so we won't have to stand the sight of him ever again.

Or this is good too...

Yes. So long as the death is in the opening teaser of an episode. And he doesn't speak a word.

^^Can also totally agree with that. More leaning towards this than the option of death.

SallyLizzie
February 17th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Funny that most people liked Irresponsible over Irresistible, I was the other way around. But that's more to do with me thinking putting Kolya and Lucius together, especially in light of what happened at the end, was not the smartest move.

Although I'm aware it was one of those eps that didn't plan out how TPTB hoped it would. :)

They mention he died a horrible death so we won't have to stand the sight of him ever again.
I'll stand to that! If he has to die in canon I'd prefer it be along the lines of someone in the background mentioning that he "died a horrible, horrible death! Very traumatic for those that saw. More disgusting than traumatic really. It would make a good story; he'd be proud" just as team!Shep happen to walk past. :p

Ltcolshepjumper
February 17th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Funny that most people liked Irresponsible over Irresistible, I was the other way around. But that's more to do with me thinking putting Kolya and Lucius together, especially in light of what happened at the end, was not the smartest move.

Exact same way I feel. Irresistible (and Lucius) were good for a one time episode, not a return appearance the same season. Irresponsible seemed like an excuse to have Lucius in an episode, and it really seemed like they just shoved Kolya in there jsut to have a problem the team had to solve, and then they just killed him off because they were tired of having Kolya lose to the SGA team.

g.o.d
February 17th, 2007, 06:11 AM
I would like to see his funeral in season 4

Ltcolshepjumper
February 17th, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'd be happy if they had his death in the opening credits.

jenks
February 17th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I'd like to see him again, maybe he can make Teyla his wife and run off with her never to be seen again...

g.o.d
February 17th, 2007, 07:30 AM
I'd like to see him again, maybe he can make Teyla his wife and run off with her never to be seen again...

that would be great:) and they can take Ronon with them

Sparky13
February 17th, 2007, 07:54 AM
We get only 20 precious episodes of this show. I'd rather that not have a single moment wasted on that character, not even the split-second it would take to mention his name.

Promethius30
February 17th, 2007, 09:13 AM
We get only 20 precious episodes of this show. I'd rather that not have a single moment wasted on that character, not even the split-second it would take to mention his name.
I agrey far too many good storys to spend on him

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I know most don't like him but I'd still like to see him again.

g.o.d
February 17th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I know most don't like him but I'd still like to see him again.

Why?He's useless and boring character...same as Teyla

The_Carpenter
February 17th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Ya know I think Lucius may solve SG1s problems....

Just send him through the Supergate to the Ori galaxy and watch the invasion stop as they are driven mad by his stupidity!

wise one
February 17th, 2007, 01:42 PM
he should get a heart attack...

n7sen
February 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
No,don't want to see him ever because he's quite annoying and this show supposed to be more or less serious and not a circuis.:cool:

marty2006
February 17th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I'd be happy if they had his death in the opening credits.

lololol

Team SG-1*save the show*
February 17th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Even though he is annoying i think he is funny and probably smarter than everyone thinks. He seems to get his hands on ancient technology. He would make a good diversion tool too. lol

i would like to see him again. maybe he will get hold of a ZPM module.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Even though he is annoying i think he is funny and probably smarter than everyone thinks. He seems to get his hands on ancient technology. He would make a good diversion tool too. lol

i would like to see him again. maybe he will get hold of a ZPM module.

Yeah, try Season Seven where we found out he got AIDS from all those people he raped. TPTB want realistic? They can take that route with Lucius.

saberhagen83
February 17th, 2007, 03:05 PM
No No! I wouldn't even want him back for such a thing! I will just pretend those episodes never happened. I hope he will never ever appear in a SGA episode ever again, it's a waste of time and effort. If it wasn't for those 2 eps in S3, this season would almost be perfect. :) Stargate hasn't been able to deliver a good "comedy" ep for years, and I hope they won't keep trying next season.

AlexD
February 17th, 2007, 03:11 PM

Well? ;)

I really enjoyed seeing Lucius in S3's "Irresistible", the guy was hilarious. "Irresponsible" was funny but was it really necessary? They should have kept that episode for S4. So though I actually like Lucius, I'm not sure we need him in S4 -- unless it was an ep in which he met Vala :)

Boxytheboxed
February 17th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Weir's pregnant and its a 10 % chance its Lucis (and 90% on Shepard, ooo we werent suposed to tell you that)

P-90_177
February 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM
nah. just don't bring him back. he was ok. less annoying then harlem in SG-1 but still just leave him alone really.

ToasterOnFire
February 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Hell no. Enough screentime has been wasted on Lucius - I'm not even interested in seeing him die. Even mentioning his death would be a waste of 5-10 seconds. Seriously.

Worst Atlantis character ever. :mckay:

Ouroboros
February 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM

Well? ;)

The only way I want to see him in season 4 is as a DVD extra explaining how the two episodes he was in have been officially decanonized.

SallyLizzie
February 17th, 2007, 06:59 PM
From JM's blog:

Anonymous #2: “Is there a chance that we'll see that lovable rogue Lucius in season 4?”

Answer: You mean the episode titled “Irrepressible”? Probably not.

Ah, shucks! ;)

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Well I know you are being sarcastic but I'd like to see him again.

jeterfan
February 18th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Lucius is like a train wreck...you hate to see it, but you can't look away

Wormhole
February 18th, 2007, 07:53 AM
From JM's blog:

Anonymous #2: “Is there a chance that we'll see that lovable rogue Lucius in season 4?”

Answer: You mean the episode titled “Irrepressible”? Probably not.

Ah, shucks! ;)

Best news I’ve heard for ages:D .

I must confess I missed irresponsible, taped sky two instead of one... just as well:P

maxbo
February 18th, 2007, 09:02 AM
No, I don't want to see Lucius again... ever - not even to see him die in the first few seconds. Those few seconds could be put to much better use.

Although I enjoyed the creepiness of Irresistible, I had no desire to see him again, so, it didn't help his case that I really, really disliked his second episode.

Missster.Freeman
February 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
...If all we heard was the dull thud of something impacting on the Atlantis Gate shield. :P

I have no real desire to see this character again.

AlexD
February 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Weir's pregnant and its a 10 % chance its Lucis (and 90% on Shepard, ooo we werent suposed to tell you that)

Or just like the very last scene in Gremlins 2... A wraith queen finds him irresistible... to eat? :)

prion
February 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
...If all we heard was the dull thud of something impacting on the Atlantis Gate shield. :P

I have no real desire to see this character again.

Ditto. Bringing him back in any capacity would be a HUGE mistake.

Twinchy
February 19th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Just to put my two bits worth into it, I am not decided as of yet.

I liked parts of 'Irresistible'; and some things Lucious said were actually funny (the whole 'how do you get your hair to go like that?' was great, for example) but I haven't had so much as a glimpse of 'Irresponsible'.
Thinking about it, I never really cared for his character's fate though and therefore I'd perfer for him not to come back again. Which on the other hand means, I'd like to rule this 'dying in a horrible, horrible way' thing out too.

jeterfan
February 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
... some things Lucious said were actually funny (the whole 'how do you get your hair to go like that?' was great, for example) ...

yes!!! that was tooo funny.

i'm not crazy about him, but i have to confess if they brought him back i would groan but i'd still watch it and probably laugh a lot again. i mean he had them fetching big bags of "herb" one time! So funny.

RepliHawk
February 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I say it would be okay if he comes back

mcbarr
February 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM
It'd be interesting if they brought back the actor as the gate scientist from the movie. I'd pay to see the WTF?! expression from the Atlantis team. "Dude, do you have a brother?" :D Seriously though, don't even ask this sort of question... ;)

Mister Oragahn
February 20th, 2007, 12:54 AM

Well? ;)

And little screen exposure. The last thing I'd like is to see his death mean anything.

Just a shameless death, in the background, with at best 3 seconds of screen time.

belistner
February 20th, 2007, 03:09 AM
i think i'd rather just hear a report from an offworld team saying they found his body and leave it at that.
dont ever want to see him on screen again even if it's to show him getting fed on by the wraith or being ripped apart by one of the new super wraith hybrids .

Aussie_Fan
February 21st, 2007, 03:10 AM
I say we feed him to the wraith. Though, the poor wraith would probably suffer a bit for a while.

Maybe they could use him to destroy the wraith.. :P

sgaaddict
February 22nd, 2007, 01:32 AM
I don't like at all Lucius!
He's pathetic!

female Wraith
February 22nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Oh, yes. I want him. Soooo much I want him. You just have no idea how much. I want him to be the main hero in an episode where the Wraith sucks out the life of the main hero....

wraithlord
February 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
no i don't want him in season 4 at all i never really liked him

The_Fifth
February 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Lucius is going to replace Weir !! XD (i would like to see that)

Ltcolshepjumper
February 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Lucius is going to replace Weir !! XD (i would like to see that)

I would HATE that! A possibility of Lucius gaining recurring or regular status?! NEVER!

The Ori
February 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
No way!