This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Atlantis doesn't have Weapons and Asurans do

It has been questioned why we haven't found any Atlantean hand-weapons. The reason is they were highly advanced. They had telekinetic powers. They were far more advanced than the priors, who aren't even on the path to ascension. More advanced than Kaelick, and on par with Adria.

When Daniel Jackson was possessed by Merlin he took out an entire Ori platoon with a thought. Every member of the Atlantean team could of had equal of greater powers. This also explains the lack of medical tech. They could all heal each other.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

they were not always advanced. like when they were at war with the wraith and they had hand weapons in the episode with the aurora "not sure if thats how you spell it"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      It has been questioned why we haven't found any Atlantean hand-weapons. The reason is they were highly advanced. They had telekinetic powers. They were far more advanced than the priors, who aren't even on the path to ascension. More advanced than Kaelick, and on par with Adria.

When Daniel Jackson was possessed by Merlin he took out an entire Ori platoon with a thought. Every member of the Atlantean team could of had equal of greater powers. This also explains the lack of medical tech. They could all heal each other.
      When they left the city ("Before I Sleep"), they weren't at that level. Also
      Spoiler:
      the Ancients in "The Return" were killed by the Asurans. If they had the power that Merlin did, then they would have easily fended off the Asuran's invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
        When they left the city ("Before I Sleep"), they weren't at that level. Also
        Spoiler:
        the Ancients in "The Return" were killed by the Asurans. If they had the power that Merlin did, then they would have easily fended off the Asuran's invasion.
        Merlin was an Atlantean.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Merlin was an Atlantean.
          Merlin didn't ascend until a while after he left for Earth.

Comment

No, Ancient had anywhere near the power of Adria, Merlin, Khalek, or a Prior. They were advanced yes, but they don't even compare to them, aside from the one's that used technology to advance their physical evolution to the point of ascension.

Comment

The majority of people here are right, The lanteans were not at the stage of near ascention yet when they left Atlantis thus why they created the ascending device and Merlin did ascend after he left Atlantis. The priors and Merlin had there powers as they were either ascended or decended or like adria and the priors, were given powers by the ascended Ori
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

When Daniel Jackson was possessed by Merlin he took out an entire Ori platoon with a thought.
                And remember how weaken he was after he did that...

Merlin was an Atlantean.
                “Merlin” was an ascended ancient who later re-took human form with knowledge and powers he gained when he was ascended (SG1 S10 Ep.3).

Comment

We haven't found hand weapons since it suits the plot that we don't find them. Also it is assumed that the Ancients took the guns with them when they left Atlantis.

Comment

Also them been so high and mighty I think they might have thought that carrying weapons around in their own city was barbaric and uncultured. I see it as the sort of society were the big talk muscular man who isn’t to up to date on the latest scientific break though but well trained in hand-to-hand combat is just something to be mocked and looked down upon, while the most intelligent but also the perhaps weakest person is the crème of the crop, to be feared and respected.

Comment

The Lanteans weren't on the path of ascension. Only folowing this path they could have gained special abilities. They were in war, forced to violence and they had that strange looking weapons we saw in "Aurora". They however tried to cheat ascention by building and using that ascension-machine we saw in "Tao of Rodeny".

Merlin and Morgan which were both Lanteans and evacuated Atlantis to Earth, dedicated their time afterwards to achive ascension, by meditation and isolation. They both made it as suggested and then took back human form. Only then they had special abilities and retained memory from when they were ascended, like a example of what non-interference mean to the ascended.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirick View Post
                        Also them been so high and mighty I think they might have thought that carrying weapons around in their own city was barbaric and uncultured. I see it as the sort of society were the big talk muscular man who isn’t to up to date on the latest scientific break though but well trained in hand-to-hand combat is just something to be mocked and looked down upon, while the most intelligent but also the perhaps weakest person is the crème of the crop, to be feared and respected.
                        Yeah, I can see this. I'd bet most of the Lanteans were like the commune people in season 2's Epiphany: yeah, they had cool powers, but it didn't occur to them to use them to fight off the monster.

Also, I think in Before I Sleep they mentioned that Janus healed Elizabeth. I mean, she was the sole survivor of a jumper crashing into the ocean from outer space. When Rodney and Griffin crashed in Grace under Pressure they were pretty beat up, but Elizabeth looked perfectly fine, like John did after the girl healed him in Epiphany.

Lastly, didn't they say that to acheive ascension without help required the human to be highly evolved? Teer's people in Epiphany had been there for 'many generations' before they finally managed to ascend. Evolution doesn't just happen in a single generation, so it stands to reason that if Merlin and Morgan La Fey were able to ascend, that most Lanteans were at least more highly evolved than current humans. Probably at least some of them had superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                          Merlin didn't ascend until a while after he left for Earth.
                          but, he was still an atlantean, daniel and vala found him in the atlantean database, remember (10x3: The Pegasus Project)

Comment

I don't think the Ancients had what it takes to grab a gun and go into battle, nor did they have the minimal sense of tactics to conduct themselves in such a battle. Their response to every problem seemed to involve building bigger and flashier gadgets which, for the most part, proved completely useless for the intended purpose. Warship crews were issued some kind of sidearms which we've seen on the original Aurora (probably stunners) in case of being boarded, but the rest of the Ancients probably didn't even know which end the beams come out of. I wouldn't be surprised to discover if their cities didn't even have security/civil defense units to combat enemy infiltrations, instead believing blindly in their shields being impenetrable.
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              I don't think the Ancients had what it takes to grab a gun and go into battle, nor did they have the minimal sense of tactics to conduct themselves in such a battle. Their response to every problem seemed to involve building bigger and flashier gadgets which, for the most part, proved completely useless for the intended purpose. Warship crews were issued some kind of sidearms which we've seen on the original Aurora (probably stunners) in case of being boarded, but the rest of the Ancients probably didn't even know which end the beams come out of. I wouldn't be surprised to discover if their cities didn't even have security/civil defense units to combat enemy infiltrations, instead believing blindly in their shields being impenetrable.
                              ...which they were.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X